(Topic ID: 334812)

ROKR Pinball Machine

By JordyRamone

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PINbbb (resized).png
    Screenshot_20231010-225043_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20231010-225023_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20231010-224820_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
    IMG_4462 (resized).png
    Pinball - 4 (resized).jpeg
    Pinball - 3 (resized).jpeg
    Pinball - 2 (resized).jpeg
    Pinball - 1 (resized).jpeg
    Pinball machine #4 (resized).jpg
    Pinball machine #3 (resized).jpg
    Pinball front #2 (resized).jpg
    Pinball back #2 (resized).jpg
    Pinball back #1 (resized).jpg
    Pinball back #2 (resized).jpg
    72AF3B8C-52AD-4C6E-8D66-CC2D9469E4EF (resized).jpeg
    There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 11 months ago

I like to paint occasionally. Sometimes it’s crafts from michael’s or the dollar store, sometimes models and even a couple paint by numbers. I’m far from talented, so having something to paint with the details there already is important. Here’s two of the paint by numbers that I made into GIF’s. 2710.gif2710.gif5168.gif5168.gif

#52 11 months ago

**** BUILDERS BEWARE ****

Page 8. Step 4. Affixing an LED strip to a wooden piece in the backbox.

Strips of 2-sided tape are used. (Part P56 shown in photo above the instructions.)

DON'T COUNT ON THAT TAPE BEING ENOUGH. The LED strip started coming loose the next day or sooner. A couple wooden "loops" keep it from falling *completely,* but still not good.

I suggest a couple touches of hot glue or *something* to hold it better.

Fortunately, I was able to get a bit of hot glue into the narrow area after completing assembly of the module.

FYI: The red translucent sheets used on the sides and front of the model are held by the same 2-sided tape. I used a bit of scotch tape at their edges for good measure.

led strip (resized).jpgled strip (resized).jpg
    #53 11 months ago
    Quoted from scottslash:

Strips of 2-sided tape are used. (Part P56 shown in photo above the instructions.)
    DON'T COUNT ON THAT TAPE BEING ENOUGH. The LED strip started coming loose the next day or sooner. A couple wooden "loops" keep it from falling *completely,* but still not good.
    Fortunately, I was able to get a bit of hot glue into the narrow area after completing assembly of the module.
    FYI: The red translucent sheets used on the sides and front of the model are held by the same 2-sided tape. I used a bit of scotch tape at their edges for good measure.[quoted image]

Good to know thank you. Also can’t tell if this was just the led strips or the batteries but I bought the tea cups set from rokr and the led strips get really dim after a week I am going to try replacing the batteries and I hope that fixes it but if not I will let you guys know and maybe there will be a way to get better led strips

#54 11 months ago
    Quoted from scottslash:

FYI: The red translucent sheets used on the sides and front of the model are held by the same 2-sided tape. I used a bit of scotch tape at their edges for good measure.[quoted image]

This should be a key post!

#55 11 months ago

Finished a couple more modules. Playfield work starts tomorrow!

A4937FC7-28A3-4A1A-AF98-10D7A0069047 (resized).jpegA4937FC7-28A3-4A1A-AF98-10D7A0069047 (resized).jpegFC68DD44-FA00-49F4-8E3C-14B0427B8FA7 (resized).jpegFC68DD44-FA00-49F4-8E3C-14B0427B8FA7 (resized).jpeg
    #56 11 months ago
    Quoted from scottslash:

Finished a couple more modules. Playfield work starts tomorrow!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Looking good. Any pieces broken so far?

#57 11 months ago

It just occurred to me… there’s no glass! I’ll be able to cheat!!

#58 11 months ago
    Quoted from monke0430:

Looking good. Any pieces broken so far?

Nope. All good. You’ve built these things… So you know… The trickiest part is making sure you don’t put pressure in the wrong place at the wrong time when fitting pieces together!

#59 11 months ago
    Quoted from scottslash:

Nope. All good. You’ve built these things… So you know… The trickiest part is making sure you don’t put pressure in the wrong place at the wrong time when fitting pieces together!

Exactly. I screwed up the marble night city run because it was the first set I built and I broke some pieces. But in regards to your post above what do you mean when you said you can cheat because there is no glass?

#60 11 months ago
    Quoted from monke0430:

But in regards to your post above what do you mean when you said you can cheat because there is no glass?

It’s pinball. I’ll let you think about it for a minute.

#61 11 months ago
    Quoted from scottslash:

It’s pinball. I’ll let you think about it for for a minute.

Ohhhhhhhhh. That makes sense

#62 11 months ago
    Quoted from monke0430:

Ohhhhhhhhh. That makes sense

The only reason I’m on Pinside is because of this ROKR set so I forgot that the main point of this site is pinball

#63 11 months ago

Apparently there is an issue with the sensors on the tracks that when the ball goes up the ramps and stuff sometimes the sensor doesn’t activate. Just wanted to let people know

#64 11 months ago

Little over 10 hours in. Big chunk of the playfield is done. Flippers come next. Taking a break.

42BC3648-2E81-42E8-B161-08F60B65BC43 (resized).jpeg42BC3648-2E81-42E8-B161-08F60B65BC43 (resized).jpeg4284BE55-8F03-477C-A174-D9B1063FC7EC (resized).jpeg4284BE55-8F03-477C-A174-D9B1063FC7EC (resized).jpeg836AB761-2B58-41DC-8564-BE47D2C80C17 (resized).jpeg836AB761-2B58-41DC-8564-BE47D2C80C17 (resized).jpeg
    #65 11 months ago
    Quoted from scottslash:

Little over 10 hours in. Big chunk of the playfield is done. Flippers come next. Taking a break.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

that’s awesome! I can’t help but notice what I think are rubber bands and bells? Is that correct?

#66 11 months ago
    Quoted from monke0430:

that’s awesome! I can’t help but notice what I think are rubber bands and bells? Is that correct?

Ok never mind I just looked harder and those aren’t rubber bands but do the 3 little numbers in the shape of circles move up and down when hit?

Added 11 months ago:

I meant bumpers not numbers

#67 11 months ago

It just arrived!

#68 11 months ago

Is there wax in this set? Mine didn’t come with any

#69 11 months ago
    Quoted from monke0430:

Is there wax in this set? Mine didn’t come with any

No wax in mine either. I scrounged some from previous kits. They warned somewhere that the kit might not include wax due to varying customs/import regulations across the globe.

#70 11 months ago

Are you going to need a lot of wax or not?

#71 11 months ago

Would crayons work?

#72 11 months ago
    Quoted from monke0430:

Are you going to need a lot of wax or not?

No. So far only the flipper mechanisms have called for wax, and I don't foresee much else. Just a spinner or gate perhaps. There aren't a lot of moving parts besides the ball.

Quoted from monke0430:

Would crayons work?

I'd go with a candle over a crayon.

#73 11 months ago

Working on playfied now

#74 11 months ago

Just finished the build will post gameplay and images soon

#75 11 months ago
    Quoted from monke0430:

Just finished the build will post gameplay and images soon

Do you *sleep*?!?

#76 11 months ago
    Quoted from scottslash:

Do you *sleep*?!?

Guess we will never know.
    But in all seriousness I don’t know why but I am able to get through these sets pretty fast and got through with it in about 8 hours

#77 11 months ago
    Quoted from monke0430:

Guess we will never know.

LOL. I, too, am big on “getting things done.” But doing this kit in 8 hours?!? Me, I like to slow down and enjoy the work. Looking forward to seeing your finished kit!

#78 11 months ago

After playing this machine for a while I have come to notice that thing that flings the ball into the playfield only works 50% of the time

#79 11 months ago

Can’t figure out how to add pictures or videos on my post

#80 11 months ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Im building this puzzle box from Kit...it appears similar in construction work. A quick time lapse vid might help see the work.
    (Although this is one color wood, and the wiring on the pin is far superior)
    https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5fb580b091db0704dc270739/1618695339133-62BH7W07HGCDHA36H9Y8/Architecto%2Bpuzzle%2B.jpg

Have you seen the 3d wooden puzzles made by Intrism? Once they are assembled, they turn into marble mazes that you can play. Each is a different design, size, and level of difficulty.

https://intrism.com/collections/intrism-3d-wooden-puzzles

3d-woden-puzzles-intrism-trio (resized).png3d-woden-puzzles-intrism-trio (resized).png
    #81 11 months ago
    Quoted from marbles:

Have you seen the 3d wooden puzzles made by Intrism? Once they are assembled, they turn into marble mazes that you can play. Each is a different design, size, and level of difficulty.
    https://intrism.com/collections/intrism-3d-wooden-puzzles
    [quoted image]

Those look very interesting but they are quite expensive!

#82 11 months ago
    Quoted from marbles:

Have you seen the 3d wooden puzzles made by Intrism?

Thank you! I had not, and Ill share them with my other hobby forum on Puzzles!

There is a strange overlap for me, I didnt know of, or if anyone cared, but the Largest Puzzle Maker, Hanayama, started by making Pinball Wooden Tabletop games

#83 11 months ago

Took some videos

#84 11 months ago

Thanks for the video. Are the rubber bands just like a normal elastic band, or are they more like a pinball style “o” ring rubber band?

#85 11 months ago

Been getting ads like crazy for these, been tempted, it looks so cute

#86 11 months ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Thanks for the video. Are the rubber bands just like a normal elastic band, or are they more like a pinball style “o” ring rubber band?

O Rings

#87 11 months ago

I will post gameplay videos soon just trying to find something to hold my phone up

#88 11 months ago

I'm 2/3 through with assmebling this ROKR pinball machine and the damn dogs ate the instruction book. Does anybody know if I can get a PDF replacement anywhere. THe youtube videos are incomplete, at least in the step 12 videos.

#89 11 months ago

They have a help bot that can connect you with an agent on their website

#90 11 months ago

I had to look up "help bot." I'm still not sure what one is. Will the help bot get me a replacement for the instructions ?

#91 11 months ago

im gonna buy one of these and paint it real nice and then take it to the office for decoration

#92 11 months ago

They sent me the pdf. Even though it's Saturday! What a great company.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1avr6N7Kk_BZoVKhYh8qlAT5MlvC1hbDP?usp=share_link

#93 11 months ago

I know! They are awesome

#94 11 months ago

Use code Get20 for 20% off

#95 11 months ago

It is finished!

Dim the lights so the optos work *much* better, and the thing's not half bad!

There's a 1000 pinball jokes I could make, but I won't. (Needs Titans, code is incomplete, etc. etc.) LOL

Spent about 15 hours to build. Cheaper than *other* therapies!

(Picture taken before starting a game, so only the GI lights are on.)

done (resized).jpgdone (resized).jpg
    #96 11 months ago

Awesome!

#97 11 months ago
    Quoted from scottslash:

It is finished!
    Dim the lights so the optos work *much* better, and the thing's not half bad!
    There's a 1000 pinball jokes I could make, but I won't. (Needs Titans, code is incomplete, etc. etc.) LOL
    Spent about 15 hours to build. Cheaper than *other* therapies!
    (Picture taken before starting a game, so only the GI lights are on.)
    [quoted image]

Congrats! 15 hours is a lot!

I would love to see a video of raw gameplay when you have time.

Again, congratulations on the build.

#98 11 months ago

Cheers, nicely done! Any update on how it plays?

#99 11 months ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Cheers, nicely done! Any update on how it plays?

Thanks. It's kinda fun to play. Outlane drains are super rare, so ball times are looooooong. The ball hangs up often, but with no tilt, no problem. Arrows in the launcher lane count down the 6 balls/game. Once you reach the 1000 point mark, it basically plays a victory tune and resets. So, rarely have I played a 6-ball game on it.

It a cool kit/novelty if you're into such things as I am. But no, it won't be used in a tournament anytime soon. LOL

lineup (resized).jpglineup (resized).jpg
    #100 11 months ago

Looks great!

There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rokr-pinball-machine-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.