(Topic ID: 176783)

Rogue One vs The Force Awakens (Spoilers Inside)?

By Xerico

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which Disney Star Wars movie was better?”

• Rogue One 119 votes
      61%
    • The Force Awakens 76 votes
      39%

(195 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jj (resized).png
    IMG_9258 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2664 (resized).JPG
    wj9lk8 (resized).jpg
    vewHEXO (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockytop.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 7 years ago

I thought R1 was WAY better. It was fresh, original, dark, and had great action.

As far as The Force Awakens...I didn't like the whiny baby Kylo Ren. They killed (perhaps forced by Harrison Ford) the only real interesting character. The other characters were good when bouncing off Han, but on their own, I didn't find them that entertaining. It was basically a mashup rehash of the original trilogy in a lot of ways.

#49 7 years ago

I hated Episodes 1-3. I wish Disney would redo them. Lucas had the chance of telling a great story and totally failed.

I've never read any books associated with Star Wars, but I would outline something that mimicked the story of the American Revolution and other revolutions in history. I would have certainly made Anakin a likable character and start with him as a teenager. Very little CGI. Darker in tone.

Show the rise of the Empire and the brutality, enslavement, total domination and control of everything, and lack of hope, freedoms, etc... Make them an unstoppable force. Then show the beginnings of the revolution. The danger at just thinking about being free. The writing of their declaration of independence, a small group of "founding fathers". The first spark of hope. End the first movie with Anakin playing a role in the first small victory against the Empire.

In the second movie I would show the rebellion spreading and the Empire beginning to take them really seriously and have a lot of setbacks and losses for the rebellion, but I would end it with Anakin being a big hero pilot in a major victory over the Empire. This would be a large scale war movie. You would have to plant seeds of his becoming Vader of course.

In the third movie I would show Anakin turning into Vader fairly early on, and leading the Empire to all but crush the rebellion and have Obi Wan's heroics be the only thing that allowed it to survive and for some to escape. I would have almost and escape/survival movie in this one. Post apocalyptic after the devastation of the war and the emergence of Vader.

Anyway, those are my musings.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockytop.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rogue-one-vs-the-force-awakens-spoilers-inside?tu=rockytop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.