(Topic ID: 176783)

Rogue One vs The Force Awakens (Spoilers Inside)?

By Xerico

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which Disney Star Wars movie was better?”

• Rogue One 119 votes
      61%
    • The Force Awakens 76 votes
      39%

(195 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jj (resized).png
    IMG_9258 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2664 (resized).JPG
    wj9lk8 (resized).jpg
    vewHEXO (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 7 years ago

Rogue One was the best SW movie I've seen since I was a kid. It was dark and gritty like you would expect in a war. No silly humor and unlike TFA, it didn't just reboot ANH. I mean the Empire would really build another Death Star?!? Really? Third times a charm perhaps? That alone had me rolling my eyes throughout the whole movie. At least with RO, it was the original Death Star, so it still made sense. And I couldn't stand Kylo Ren. He was alright in the beginning before he started throwing temper tantrums and taking his mask off. I'd rank the series at this point like this from best to worst.
    ANH
    ESB
    RO
    ROTJ
    ROTS
    AOTC
    TFA
    PM

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Want some good reviews about EP 1, 2 and 3. Watch these. They are informative and spot on about all 3 movies. And entertaining. So entertaining, the reviews are better than the movies themselves. I have all 3 reviews on DVD. I refuse to own EP1,2 and 3 on DVD.

I actually feel the exact same way about EP 7, its been on Starz for the last couple of months and I would flip over to it for a few minutes and just couldn't stomach watching it again, so I had to change the channel. I had watched EP 2 and 3 many times and even watched them again about a week ago. It also helps that my kid grew up on those and likes them. They still had some silly BS in them, but I still found them to be entertaining once I gutted through those parts (can't say the same for EP1, it was just horrible).

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

...aaaaaand Carrie Fisher died, so now I'm bummed.

Sad day for SW fans everywhere.

#69 7 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Mon Mothma says in IV that many Bothans died to bring them the plans. The ending of R1 didn't have anyone resembling a Bothan from what I read years ago.

Thats regarding the plans for the 2nd death star and she said that in VI (ROTJ) not IV. I totally disagree on the tech with the ships, I thought the tech looks really close to IV, whereas I totally agree with you on I-III. That always bothered me in the prequels. The Star Trek movies did the same thing.

#71 7 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

That was done on purpose. It's to show how technology stopped advancing under the Empire.
    Think of Venezuela.

So your saying that the empire was a bunch of commies? I never thought of them that way really, though they may have been. Since they never really explained it that way for certain, it's hard to say if that's what they meant to do or just a shortsighted movie blunder.

I'd say they would be more fascist based on this philosophy that I found for it.
    "The state must gain glory through constant conquest and war. The past was glorious, and that the State can be renewed. The individual has no value outside of his or her role in promoting the glory of the State."
    That would make them closer to Nazi Germany.

3 weeks later
    #223 7 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

Jesus Christ man we get it. You hate the prequels. Ok. Enough. This thread isn't Rogue One vs Force Awakens and what's your daily opinion on the prequels.

My thoughts exactly. Heaven forbid that someone likes a movie/movies that you have made your personal crusade to hate.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rogue-one-vs-the-force-awakens-spoilers-inside?tu=bigdaddy07 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.