(Topic ID: 176783)

Rogue One vs The Force Awakens (Spoilers Inside)?

By Xerico

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which Disney Star Wars movie was better?”

• Rogue One 119 votes
      61%
    • The Force Awakens 76 votes
      39%

(195 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jj (resized).png
    IMG_9258 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2664 (resized).JPG
    wj9lk8 (resized).jpg
    vewHEXO (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aphex.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#113 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I actually feel the exact same way about EP 7, its been on Starz for the last couple of months and I would flip over to it for a few minutes and just couldn't stomach watching it again, so I had to change the channel. I had watched EP 2 and 3 many times and even watched them again about a week ago. It also helps that my kid grew up on those and likes them. They still had some silly BS in them, but I still found them to be entertaining once I gutted through those parts (can't say the same for EP1, it was just horrible).

this is because Star Wars has been turned into junk food. Good at first but you feel like crap later after having it. I enjoyed watching episode 7 in the theater. i actually picked it on blu-ray and watched it once and haven't really gone back to watch it again. I liked the characters in it and I want to know what happens to them in the future episodes.

Rogue one was good, but the main characters were kind of flat and I found I was interested in more of the background characters... I'm curious as to what was changed/reshot/rewritten though. I really enjoyed last half of the movie but realized that its just going to be a fan service thing from here on out. I really hope Episodes 8 & 9 do something completely new and interesting, but if they intend to throw in moments for applause and nostalgia count me out. I remember saying the same thing w/ the prequels which makes me worry too, those movies, while having cool elements to them, really sucked... please I just want a good story and character motivations... not nostalgia.

and am I the only person on earth that is questioning who actually did the sound mix & design on these films? Ben Burtt is a wizard, and I know his name has been attached to these new films but somethings just not right in that department. maybe it just me.

#117 7 years ago

I found the work cut of the Rancor scene on YouTube.

#119 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ben burtt is long retired, I think he did some consulting work as an "advisor" at Skywalker Sound, but hasn't been a sound editor/designer for many years.
    I think David Acord (who does all the Star Wars video games(!!!)) was the SSFX chief. Maybe there's your answer

Hmm I did see him working on Wall E for Pixar. Which jeez was almost 9 years ago...it looks like he's still working on things according to IMDb. He's credited for the force awakens but not rogue one. They list him as working on Ep 8 too...

#121 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that was in the original release of the film too. Color sound full finished version. Why it never made it to any video's is beyond me. Maybe they had to cut time because cassette tapes only had a limited amount of time?

I doubt that it was a time concern for the tape itself... maybe Lucas or the editor changed their mind about pacing of the scene.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aphex.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rogue-one-vs-the-force-awakens-spoilers-inside?tu=Aphex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.