You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
drunk.jpg
image.jpg
dh.png
There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

Drunk History is a fun show on Comedy Central where the storyteller gets hammered and drunkenly retells a historical event, complete with reenactments featuring a huge range of actors/celebrities.

Next week (10/6) one of the segments is on the Pinball ban being overturned with the help of Roger Sharpe's skillshot:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/drunk-history/s03/e06/

From the cast list I'd guess Jake M Johnson (probably best known from New Girl) is playing Roger Sharpe, which is a pretty good match as long as they get the mustache right!

#2 8 years ago

this sounds awesome! Drunk History is one of my favorite shows and there is no better mustache in history than Roger Sharpe's.

tuning in.

-c

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from pzy:

Drunk History is a fun show on Comedy Central where the storyteller gets hammered and drunkenly retells a historical event, complete with reenactments featuring a huge range of actors/celebrities.
Next week (10/6) one of the segments is on the Pinball ban being overturned with the help of Roger Sharpe's skillshot:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/drunk-history/s03/e06/
From the cast list I'd guess Jake M Johnson (probably best known from New Girl) is playing Roger Sharpe, which is a pretty good match as long as they get the mustache right!

Sweet - hilarious show!

#4 8 years ago

Drunk history is the best! Thanks for the info!

#5 8 years ago

The real question is....who is the drunk person that is telling the story? Jack Danger? Gary Stern?

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

The real question is....who is the drunk person that is telling the story? Jack Danger? Gary Stern?

Roger Sharpe!!!

#7 8 years ago

DVR is set to record, thanks for the heads up!

#8 8 years ago

I'm really looking forward to this!

#9 8 years ago

Ha hahha, I can't wait!

#10 8 years ago

Sweet. In order to be fully prepared I think we should all start drinking now.

#13 8 years ago

Right on im setting my DVR, thanks for the heads up pzy.

#14 8 years ago

Found this on a streaming site, hope I didn't get a virus by just going there but I'm not going to sign up to try to watch it now. Although I don't know how they got the episode already if they're not legit, maybe I'm just paranoid...

dh.pngdh.png

#15 8 years ago

I like the mustache (not quite the same, but still cool)

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Actually, I am the drunk.

I haven't seen it yet so I have no idea how badly I butcher the story. I was seriously inebriated. You can see some shots of my Getaway and Breakshot in the episode, assuming they got the rights to show them.

Enjoy!

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from KoolMoeCraig:

I haven't seen it yet so I have no idea how badly I butcher the story. I was seriously inebriated. You can see some shots of my Getaway and Breakshot in the episode, assuming they got the rights to show them.
Enjoy!

Nice! How did you score that gig?!

#18 8 years ago

Enjoy!

That's great! Maybe after the episode airs you can talk about the experience some more.

#19 8 years ago

no idea how badly I butcher the story. I was seriously inebriated.

That is kind of the entire point of the show though

#20 8 years ago

Looking forward to seeing it!

#21 8 years ago

Bump - I can't wait for this..

#22 8 years ago

when is trhis on tllelvision?

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

when is trhis on tllelvision?

So did you get that new phone yet?

#24 8 years ago

Comedy Central, 9:30PM CST

#25 8 years ago
#26 8 years ago

On in about 25 minutes!

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

countdown bump!
-mof

I misread that as "burp", lol

#29 8 years ago

I haven't seen it yet so I have no idea how badly I butcher the story

You did great!! Good job!

#30 8 years ago

My old Breakshot lol

Andrew

#31 8 years ago

Excellent job! I was laughing right away when you got slapped. Way to take it on the chin to promote some true pinball history!

#32 8 years ago

I can't prove this, but there's a chance that I'm drunker than all you sons-a-b**ches.

Great job on the show. Loved the black tape over Getaway. Loved the winking and pointing Roger Sharpe guy.

#34 8 years ago

Thanks for the nice words. They edited about 2 hours of me vomiting out of it. I thought it was filmed well. Also, I'm going more bald than I thought.

Yeah, they hid the Getaway logos because it's apparently hard to get companies to sign off on having their stuff used around drunk people on TV.

#35 8 years ago

Haha that was great! Loved the portrayal of Roger.

#36 8 years ago

Thanks for the reminder to record the show!! I thought I had it set up a week ago.

#37 8 years ago

Thanks for the nice words. They edited about 2 hours of me vomiting out of it. I thought it was filmed well. Also, I'm going more bald than I thought.
Yeah, they hid the Getaway logos because it's apparently hard to get companies to sign off on having their stuff used around drunk people on TV.

That was freaking awesome, good job drunk dude, the show itself is hilarious too.

#38 8 years ago

Just finished watching your segment, nicely done, and you were hammered! I'm freaking getting a hangover just after watching it.

#39 8 years ago

Just watched it. Funny as hell. Damn I didn't see this thread and just created a new one. My bad.

#40 8 years ago

Anyone find a link to it yet?

#41 8 years ago

would like a link also.

#42 8 years ago

Video clip here:
http://www.cc.com/video-clips/8in5tp/drunk-history-pinball-prohibition

*EDIT: Nevermind, it's incomplete.

#44 8 years ago

I found the whole episode here:
http://vodlocker.com/5nnykkfahsoy

#45 8 years ago

Man that was some funny shit right there.

#46 8 years ago

Fantastic Job KMC :Thumbs-up:

#48 8 years ago

This locks up my computer where I am. But it looks like it is trying to run an MP4. Can someone post a download link for the MP4?

#49 8 years ago

Enjoy!

nice job!

I luaghed out loud a few times. You looked hammered at some parts! funny stuff but I bet you paid for it the next day...

#50 8 years ago

Nice job! Do you mind giving us some details on the process? I'd be interested to hear how this is all setup, at what point they say "alright, you're drunk, roll camera", etc.

I thought the "water or vodka" game for the first skit was pretty funny.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
$ 12.00
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roger-sharpe-story-on-drunk-history and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.