6 days ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by CNKay
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Harry-Williams-photo-by-James-Hamilton-appeared-in-PINBALL-E.P.-Dutton-1977-used-with-permission-from-author-Roger-C.-Sharpe.-191x300 (resized).jpg
    RogerEpi1Art (resized).png

#1 6 days ago

Hi all! I am excited to share this first episode of a very exciting project. These will still be uploaded and sent out through the Coast 2 Coast Pinball Feed, so keep that in your podcast player. These interviews that Roger is sharing now are a treasure to pinball history. So glad I could help bring them to life in podcast form.

Episode 1 - An Evening with Harry Williams
    In the first episode of the series, Nate Shivers talks to Roger Sharpe about his long unheard interviews with some of the all time greats in the pinball business.

​Roger interviews famed pinball designer and inventor Harry Williams in 1975. They discuss Harry's long and amazing career working in pinball and the coin-op field. Not to be missed!

In the mid 1970's, while working on material for his acclaimed book, Pinball!, Roger Sharpe interviewed many of the greatest luminaries in the world of pinball. Now, over 40 years later, we have a chance to hear these rare recordings and discuss them with Roger himself.

Thanks!

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/roger-sharpe-pinball-the-interviews-episode-1_147834

http://www.coast2coastpinball.com/roger-sharpe---pinball-the-interviews.html
    RogerEpi1Art (resized).png

#2 6 days ago

Can we actually hear Harry Williams speak?

#3 6 days ago

So cool!!!

#4 6 days ago

nice! Thank you for this!

#5 6 days ago

Sounds cool.

#6 6 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Can we actually hear Harry Williams speak?

Yeah man.. it's almost 80 minutes of him and Roger. The interview was recorded on an old school tape machine, and I did all I could to clean up the audio.. and I have to say... it's such a trip to hear these interviews... so cool. Hope you enjoy.

Spoiler Alert... You can hear the story of the PENDULUM TILT being invented. From the guy who invented it!

#7 6 days ago
    Quoted from C2CPinball:

The interview was recorded on an old school tape machine

Oh, this is going to be right up my alley!

Harry Williams moved pinball forward more than anybody else I can think of. What a creative genius the man truly was.

#8 6 days ago

Wow...mind blown! Thank you! This is like hearing Moses speak.

#9 6 days ago

Here's the man that goes with the voice.

Harry-Williams-photo-by-James-Hamilton-appeared-in-PINBALL-E.P.-Dutton-1977-used-with-permission-from-author-Roger-C.-Sharpe.-191x300 (resized).jpg
    #10 6 days ago

Awesome work! Thanks for doing this awesome project!

#11 6 days ago

I remember Josh saying a few years back that these tapes existed. Really excited that they're seeing the light of day.
    Thank so much to Roger for sharing them and thanks to Nate for getting them out to the folks.

#12 6 days ago

Very cool stuff! Thanks for making the effort to bring these to light. The history that goes along with this hobby is what keeps me going!

Thanks
    Blake

#13 6 days ago

Very VERY delighted that Roger Sharpes archieve is being preserved and shared with us. Don't worry too much about the sound quality. It is not degrading anything to the content. And sometimes processing becomes too excessive. It is great.

Thanks, Nate and Roger.

#14 6 days ago

Wanted to also post in this thread that it is great how you and Roger are sharing these treasures with the rest of the community.

Thanks again for all you do and looking forward to the next episodes.

#15 6 days ago

This is fantastic. Truly enjoyed hearing Harry Williams speak about his early career in pinball and the many devices he pioneered. What an absolute treat.

I can't wait to hear more.

Thank you, Nate and Roger!

#16 4 days ago

The NYT feature Roger wrote and mentions in this interview is at https://www.nytimes.com/1975/12/28/archives/ping-boing-buzz-tilt-pinball-machines-are-moving-into-family-rooms.html

December 1972 is the Playboy article, but it's behind a paywall: https://www.iplayboy.com/search?query=pinball

#18 4 days ago

Whenever someone complains about about a pinsider calling a machine a “table” they should be referred to this interview.

Thanks c2c & the Sharpe fam.

#19 4 days ago

That was cool !! Keep em coming!!

I can listen to Roger for hours!!

Great job Nate !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 29.25
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    The MOD Couple
    $ 89.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 38.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    £ 55.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 109.99
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Latenight Weeknight Mods
    $ 189.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 26.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Siegecraft Electronics
    $ 89.99
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside