MM.jpg
iMMR.png
Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 9.50.22 AM.png
MM_CPU_286390-i.jpg
coin door.jpg
Capture.PNG
mechs.jpg
coinslot.jpg
There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago

airbnb yo

#102 9 years ago

Why did they use an English dude for the voice over? (not that I have anything against English guys)

Nice video.

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

I hope they fix the spelling of "Playfield".

Capture.PNG 688 KB

I'd be more worried about the 1/4W resistors they have hanging off the smd resistors. Hope they get that fixed on the next rev.

MM_CPU_286390-i.jpgMM_CPU_286390-i.jpg

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

They rent an empty house to shoot the video in?

For real authenticity they should have shot it in a driveway in front of an off-white garage door

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

They rent an empty house to shoot the video in?

I believe it's the home of the owner of CGC. Everyone is away at the factory making the games. No complaints here.

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from woz:

Why did they use an English dude for the voice over? (not that I have anything against English guys)
Nice video.

http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/institutional-advertising.html

#107 9 years ago

So what type of image or reputation is the British guy suppose to impart?

Maybe the marketing agency was getting fancy and thought it would fit in with the medieval kingdom theme. Not sure they hit the mark with the pinball demographic. My only reaction was who the hell is this British guy and get out of the way and let Roger play the game.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Maybe the marketing agency was getting fancy and thought it would fit in with the medieval kingdom theme. Not sure they hit the mark with the pinball demographic. My only reaction was who the hell is this British guy and get out of the way and let Roger play the game.

You're supposed to get a Monty Python vibe.

#109 9 years ago

The characters all have accents in the game, so why not?

#110 9 years ago

Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 9.50.22 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-09-13 at 9.50.22 AM.png

This made me laugh....

WOW!!!!

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

This made me laugh....
WOW!!!!

Actually that was the pre-production version. Here is the final version - and it also explains the delay. Looks like they were waiting on Apple to announce things a bit earlier.

iMMR.pngiMMR.png

#112 9 years ago

You can feel the strong vibrations of the trolls when they pop up.

I wonder how many games it will take before the thin piece of circuit board between the trolls crack?
MM.jpgMM.jpg

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

You can feel the strong vibrations of the trolls when they pop up.
I wonder how many games it will take before the thin piece of circuit board between the trolls crack?

MM.jpg 95 KB

Trolls aren't nothing compared to the shaker motor.

They already tested this 250+ hours straight with no board failure.

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

Trolls aren't nothing compared to the shaker motor.
They already tested this 250+ hours straight with no board failure.
» YouTube video

Hopefully not. I'm anxious to see how well the new design holds up.

#115 9 years ago

totally awesome!!!

#116 9 years ago

Great video, this is my "grail pin" and looks like its going to be great, better than the original!

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

As a whole, that was a nicely-done video, and it serves the purpose it was intended for. I hope the game turns out as good.

#118 9 years ago

Game looks awesome, great video, but this off-center start button is bringing out the OCD in me. Not a knock against the quality of construction and I know it probably varies by machine, but for a video like this you would think the model machine would be dead solid perfect. Your eye is really drawn to the misalignment because the shield design essentially forms a crosshairs. By comparison, here's a pic of an original that's better aligned.

Edit: The irony of my inability to properly align these two images is not lost on me.
MMRStart.jpgMMRStart.jpg
MMRStart2.jpgMMRStart2.jpg

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

As a whole, that was a nicely-done video, and it serves the purpose it was intended for. I hope the game turns out as good.

I agree. The video was well done and appreciated. PPS and the team obviously spent a lot of effort putting it together. I was just responding to earlier posts about why they used a British announcer.

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from DoubleDanger:

Game looks awesome, great video, but this off-center start button is bringing out the OCD in me. Not a knock against the quality of construction and I know it probably varies by machine, but for a video like this you would think the model machine would be dead solid perfect. Your eye is really drawn to the misalignment because the shield design essentially forms a crosshairs. By comparison, here's a pic of an original that's better aligned.

MMRStart.jpg 18 KB

MMRStart2.jpg 37 KB

That's a good catch and the type of feedback that will help ensure a great launch for the game. Expectations are really high for having a "collector quality" example that we will keep indefinfinely. It would be a shame to have relatively small, easy to correct stuff like this distract from the overall great job they are doing. Stern has stuff like this all the time, but right or wrong the expectations are different for MMR.

#121 9 years ago

This has been a pinball thing since forever. Check the below link on all the guys trying to get their repo HS2 decals to fit. Every game is different than the next.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-getawayhs2-repro-decal-alignment-issue

Game looks awesome, great video, but this off-center start button is bringing out the OCD in me.

Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

I just finished redrawing a set of decals for PPS. I can tell you that I measured my cabinet and then measure the art placement on 2 different cabinets of the same game at the PAPA facility and all 3 cabinets art placement varied slightly. While the art may not line up with the hardware holes on your cabinet, it may work out perfectly on the Artists' cabinet.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

This has been a pinball thing since forever. Check the below link on all the guys trying to get their repo HS2 decals to fit. Every game is different than the next.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-getawayhs2-repro-decal-alignment-issue

You'd think with modern CNC machining for the cabinet and decals produced to the same specifications that this wouldn't be a problem with new game production?

#123 9 years ago

You do realize this is a prototype, not a production model, right?

#124 9 years ago

Edit: The irony of my inability to properly align these two images is not lost on me.

Neither on us...

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Yes. Was only discussing the opportunity to use the prototype and feedback from the community to prevent small, but important stuff like this from showing up on the final game. Stern is making the game and they don't always pay attention to details like this (despite making great, fun games).

#126 9 years ago

Minor issue, but does anyone else have an issue with the surface mounted LEDs on it? in the rare event of a failure, you're looking at board work to replace a light. Or am I looking at this all wrong?

#127 9 years ago

MMRStart.jpg 18 KB

MMRStart2.jpg 37 KB

Button is fine, the decal art is shifted left.

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Not prototype - pre-production.. the machines you build to shake down the assembly and final build. More like 'sample' game.

Prototype is what you build to validate your design and development - They are long past that. These are builds to settle your manufacturing side.

#129 9 years ago

Hope they fixed the art for the start button. Yikes.

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Minor issue, but does anyone else have an issue with the surface mounted LEDs on it? in the rare event of a failure, you're looking at board work to replace a light. Or am I looking at this all wrong?

That's why each insert has 3 LEDs If a light goes out, you'll never notice, as the other 2 will get brighter. I think board repairs for light issues will be rare.

#131 9 years ago

Beyond the redundancy, yah, it would be board work. But, while SMD components scare most people here, it would be really easy to remove the board and take it to someone local who would replace the LED very cheaply. It's a lot easier than people think.

I'm sure PPS would either send you the replacement LED so it's a perfect match, or give you the MFG part number, between the redundancy, and the ease of the fix, it's virtually a non issue.

Quoted from e4mafia:

Quoted from Rarehero:

That's why each insert has 3 LEDs If a light goes out, you'll never notice, as the other 2 will get brighter. I think board repairs for light issues will be rare.

#132 9 years ago

Great video...thanks for posting. Roger Sharpe is a great introduction for the MMR.

#133 9 years ago

I'm curious if anyone has heard how the backbox illumination works. It clearly works in the video and I'm fairly certain it's LED since everything else in the game is, but the famous shot of the tiny beagle bone in an empty backbox doesn't show any LED or even connectors for a light tray. Any one know? Is this a new magical self-illuminating translite that converts the kinetic energy from nudging into light? (Because that would be totally awesome.)

MM-PreProFront.jpgMM-PreProFront.jpg MM-PreProBB.jpgMM-PreProBB.jpg
#134 9 years ago

I thought they were using the MM light tub like the original game? Maybe they just had it removed for the pictures?

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-03-9419-50059&Store_Code=PP

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

This made me laugh....

WOW!!!!

It reminds me of seeing Pascal Janin's PI-1/X4 board in a Gott Sys1 for the first time. Looks weird, but it's a better and more reliable design than the original setup.
pascal Pi1X4.jpgpascal Pi1X4.jpg

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I thought they were using the MM light tub like the original game? Maybe they just had it removed for the pictures?

Yeah you'd think except there's no mechanical or electrical connections in the empty box plus it would seem to make sense to use strip LEDs for simplicity and price. It's obvious whatever they're using works just fine. I'm just looking for things to be curious about while we wait for production to begin.

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from packetpusher:

Yeah you'd think except there's no mechanical or electrical connections in the empty box plus it would seem to make sense to use strip LEDs for simplicity and price. It's obvious whatever they're using works just fine. I'm just looking for things to be curious about while we wait for production to begin.

In the video, if you look carefully, you see the translite assy being removed, and a connector of some sort is disconnected. You don't see the connector, but there is a pause when the translite is removed, and the person doing the disassembly, disconnects something.

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from packetpusher:

Yeah you'd think except there's no mechanical or electrical connections in the empty box plus it would seem to make sense to use strip LEDs for simplicity and price.

It is a light tub with LEDs inside it (strips I believe). Rick has said this in the past. After you disconnect the tub to remove it, the plug and wiring harness drops behind the speaker panel, just like the original WPC-95 games with tubs.

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Hope they fixed the art for the start button. Yikes.

I agree, that does not look good!

#140 9 years ago

Great video.

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

I'll bet in your lifetime you will mess with 50 old janky sockets before you need to mess with one of those SMD LEDs.

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'll bet in your lifetime you will mess with 50 old janky sockets before you need to mess with one of those SMD LEDs.

I bet you are right! And . . . how is med school going?

Mike in Kentucky

#143 9 years ago

I wonder why they didn't use Eddy?

After all, it's his game.

#144 9 years ago

Look at the board, the left large middle connector is for the backbox.

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

how is med school going?

She is doing well.

Haven't scared her away yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 64.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roger-sharpe-mmr-video/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.