MM.jpg
iMMR.png
Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 9.50.22 AM.png
MM_CPU_286390-i.jpg
coin door.jpg
Capture.PNG
mechs.jpg
coinslot.jpg
There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago

It's a good video. Looking forward to the test games out there, along with the reviews and videos that should come as a result

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No, it senses when one bulb is out, AND those SMDs draw less current than LED #44....

I don't think it senses anything, I imagine each cluster is wired in parallel and when one goes out, there is just more voltage sent to the remaining LED's making them brighter.

Can't wait to see one in person.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Did anyone else notice when they removed the backglass, there were no lights behind it! I guess the lights are built into the back of the backglass?

All WPC-95 games have the lights inside of a plastic tub which is attached to the Backglass like MM,MB,CV,NGG etc.......

#54 9 years ago

Out of pin funds for this, anyone take a kidney? Looks great!

#55 9 years ago

Will the price of this go down as they ramp up production? Also, I thought the game wasn't going to have a coin mech.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

Will the price of this go down as they ramp up production? Also, I thought the game wasn't going to have a coin mech.

Price is staying and that is the prototype

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

You don't know what a coin mech is. The door has coin SLOTS. The mech is an internal part that pops in to accept currency & can be added easily.

#58 9 years ago

I know what a coin mech is, I was under the impression that the coin door would be blank, please excuse me for misspeaking.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The mech is an internal part

Maybe that should be "an integral part" . . . . as in . . . these pins should come with the coin mechs that we paid for!!!

Oh, no! Not THAT again!

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

I know what a coin mech is, I was under the impression that the coin door would be blank, please excuse me for misspeaking.

Then you don't know what a coin mech is. The coindoor was never going to be blank. Thanks, Mechgate Misinformationalists! This is what you've wrought.

The first pic is a coin slot. The second pic is a coin mech. This is why the coin mech thing was no big deal…they can be easily added…popped into place….the game is and always was a coin operated arcade machine, NOT a home-only free-only game

coinslot.jpgcoinslot.jpg

mechs.jpgmechs.jpg

#61 9 years ago

Whats a coin door?

#62 9 years ago

The flippers look super strong and the bumpers seem very fresh I'm not use to seeing a MM play so fast and new it is amazing what Rick And Doug have done with this game, if you watch the video closely Roger Sharpe never compares the game against an old he just says that it plays the same but is better,and chiling to see it re-born almost 20yrs later. This game and video is a game changer to this hobby and the pinball industry!

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

….the game is and always was a coin operated arcade machine, NOT a home-only free-only game

Not without coin mechs it's not.

No company logo anywhere? I realize the Williams logo wasn't going to get used, but weren't they going with the Bally brand/logo?

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#64 9 years ago

I was also noticing what seemed like no branding? I'm assuming someone's name is somewhere...would have been cool to see Williams somewhere.

Game looks awesome though. Glad PPS is moving the chains.

#65 9 years ago

This game just looks spectacular and the tech advances are enticing. I would much rather have one of these than an original MM for many reasons. I have owned, grown tired of and sold MM, so I am on the sidelines on this one. It will be hard to remain on the sidelines when CC is on deck.

One thing I noticed in the video is the Merlin hole looks different. Looks like the shape is changed and the ball sits down in deeper. Hopefully they have done something to fix what was a common problem on the original MMs...

#66 9 years ago

There will be no Williams branding.
There is some "secret" about the size and location of the plaques and branding. Im not sure what the big deal is, but apparently there is something going on there.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Not without coin mechs it's not.

Really Rob? You? You're a Coinmecher? *sigh*
It's a standard arcade coin door with coin slots. Pop 2 mechs in if you want to route it. It's a coin operated game. Not a free play only game.

Quoted from Borygard:

No company logo anywhere? I realize the Williams logo wasn't going to get used, but weren't they going with the Bally brand/logo?

That's what Wayne was going to do 100 years ago. This is no longer his project.

Also, that's probably a early build/proto in the video...PPS logo might be on the final translites.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's a standard arcade coin door with coin slots.

....without coin mechs.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

....without coin mechs.

We're still waiting for an actual game play video with nuts and bolts (if without coin mechs) showing us gameplay and corresponding sound/graphics, instead of a promotional video featuring a pinball personality exalting the ineffable beauty of the original MM

Can anyone actually measure progress by this video? And, I still have serious doubts on that feeble lcd display.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Man that LCD has a terrible viewing angle..you can't even tell it's on during the interview

Could you imagine putting the machine in a room that has more windows than walls?

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...PPS logo might be on the final translites.

Good grief, I hope not!

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

weren't they going with the Bally brand/logo?

Not unless CGC/PPS wants to pay Hilton Hotels, the holder of the Bally Trademarks a fee per machine. Bally Technologies still has an agreement with Hilton for their slot machine and other gaming products for trademark use.

#73 9 years ago

I hope they fix the spelling of "Playfield".

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG
#74 9 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

I hope they fix the spelling of "Playfield".

Capture.PNG 688 KB

The game will still function fine. That could actually be on purpose to detect knock-offs. We used to put very subtle markings on certain products in order to identify genuine vs counterfeit. Of course, there is a chance that the one you show is a counterfeit.

#75 9 years ago

Great video.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Of course, there is a chance that the one you show is a counterfeit.

Except that is a screenshot from the Roger Sharpe video...

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Except that is a screenshot from the Roger Sharpe video...

Ok, then that is an original and was screened that way on purpose by the no read or speak English vendor.

#78 9 years ago

Can't wait to get my beautiful,NIB MMRLE and put it between MB,TOTAN!

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Nice vid. Cant wait. Still prefer real dots though...

vid's never nice. don't kid yourself

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Not unless CGC/PPS wants to pay Hilton Hotels, the holder of the Bally Trademarks a fee per machine. Bally Technologies still has an agreement with Hilton for their slot machine and other gaming products for trademark use.</

Not for pinballs, how do people post things as 'fact' that they do not understand and are wrong ... how about if you know something then post it, if you don't, ask a question instead? We can use the Bally logo for anything pinball we so choose ...

#81 9 years ago

Mr. Personality, I know you can use it. Where did I mention that you couldn't?

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Mr. Personality, I know you can use it. Where did I mention that you couldn't?

Three hours ago, in this very thread.

Quoted from MrBally:

Not unless CGC/PPS wants to pay Hilton Hotels, the holder of the Bally Trademarks a fee per machine. Bally Technologies still has an agreement with Hilton for their slot machine and other gaming products for trademark use.

#83 9 years ago

This is the same guy calling Roger Sharpe a shill for Williams just happy to have a paying gig in regards to the video. I wouldn't worry too much about him.

Quoted from PPS:

Not for pinballs, how do people post things as 'fact' that they do not understand and are wrong ... how about if you know something then post it, if you don't, ask a question instead? We can use the Bally logo for anything pinball we so choose ...

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Whats a coin door?

coin door.jpgcoin door.jpg
#85 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Three hours ago, in this very thread.

Never said he could not.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

This is the same guy calling Roger Sharpe a shill for Williams just happy to have a paying gig in regards to the video. I wouldn't worry too much about him.

I said I could stand corrected and that was confirmed. Roger is an A#1 guy which I also said.

Thanks for not worrying about me. Never asked anyone to do that.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Never said he could not.

You said he'd have to "pay Hilton Hotels, the holder of the Bally Trademarks a fee per machine." Based on his response, that would appear to be incorrect.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

We're still waiting for an actual game play video with nuts and bolts (if without coin mechs) showing us gameplay and corresponding sound/graphics, instead of a promotional video featuring a pinball personality exalting the ineffable beauty of the original MM

No more videos. There is a small pinball themed party coming up, conveniently located in the same town where these beauties are being built. Is MMr going to make an appearance at Expo 2014 next month?

#89 9 years ago

Roger's a hell of an ambassador for pinball - every one of the recent "pinball is back" news stories/articles needs to have a video of Roger talking pinball.

But even he can't make a pinball machine look like it belongs in the living room.

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You said he'd have to "pay Hilton Hotels, the holder of the Bally Trademarks a fee per machine." Based on his response, that would appear to be incorrect.

The part about the royalty to Hilton appears to be incorrect based on his response. However, I never said he could not do it.
I would have to contact Hilton Legal to confirm but probably should not open a can of worms.

I am familiar with the arrangement worked out between Bally Gaming and Hilton for use of the Bally trademark on each new machine built.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The part about the royalty to Hilton appears to be incorrect based on his response. However, I never said he could not do it. I would have to contact Hilton Legal to confirm but probably should not open a can of worms. I am familiar with the arrangement worked out between Bally Gaming and Hilton for use of the Bally trademark on each new machine built.

If you're saying you never said it was physically impossible for PPS to put the Bally logo onto its machines (as in they lack the proper printing technology, or the logo would burn off at night like the Nazi stamp on the crate in Raiders of the Lost Ark), I suppose you didn't. Heck, if that's the standard, every singly person on Pinside "can use the Bally logo" -- they'll just have to answer to Hilton (or PPS, or whomever has the relevant rights) when their lawyers come calling.

What you plainly meant to say was that PPS lacks the legal right to use the Bally logo, and would have to negotiate with Hilton to do so the same as any other person on the planet wishing to use the logo. You made a statement based on incomplete information. You were mistaken. Rick called you out on it. Seems that should be the end of it (unless you want to appologize to him for misrepresenting the extent of PPS' legal rights, I guess).

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

how about if you know something then post it, if you don't, ask a question instead? We can use the Bally logo for anything pinball we so choose ...

Because you don't answer a lot of the questions that are asked... you are quite selective on what you answer and what you do not.

#93 9 years ago

Why would they use the Bally logo anyway? Wasn't the Williams logo used for non licensed stuff and the Bally logo used for licensed stuff? If I'm correct about that, any logo that's not Williams isn't original and arbitrary at that point anyway.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Because you don't answer a lot of the questions that are asked... you are quite selective on what you answer and what you do not.

and ... somehow I am compelled to answer anything and everything asked of me, but it's ok for people to ask whatever they want ... got it.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Why would they use the Bally logo anyway? Wasn't the Williams logo used for non licensed stuff and the Bally logo used for licensed stuff? If I'm correct about that, any logo that's not Williams isn't original and arbitrary at that point anyway.

Was it that specific? I thought they just alternated. One Bally, One Williams, repeat. T2 is Williams, which is licensed. Theatre of Magic, which is not licensed, was Bally.

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If you're saying you never said it was physically impossible for PPS to put the Bally logo onto its machines (as in they lack the proper printing technology, or the logo would burn off at night like the Nazi stamp on the crate in Raiders of the Lost Ark), I suppose you didn't. Heck, if that's the standard, every singly person on Pinside "can use the Bally logo" -- they'll just have to answer to Hilton (or PPS, or whomever has the relevant rights) when their lawyers come calling.
What you plainly meant to say was that PPS lacks the legal right to use the Bally logo, and would have to negotiate with Hilton to do so the same as any other person on the planet wishing to use the logo. You made a statement based on incomplete information. You were mistaken. Rick called you out on it. Seems that should be the end of it (unless you want to appologize to him for misrepresenting the extent of PPS' legal rights, I guess).

As purchaser of the Williams and Bally Pinball IP, PPS has the rights to everything they bought, including Bally Pinball IP. When it comes to building a new complete pinball machine for sale, I did not believe that PPS could include a Bally logo without a royalty to Hilton Hotels. This is what Bally Gaming, now known as Bally Technologies has been subject to. Shame on me for thinking this. I believe/believed that this was legally in effect but just required the fee to be paid once a machine was built or sold.
Again, I never said he could not do it. A savings of the royalty per machine would be somewhat significant. Which could explain the lack of a Williams logo. Since someone mentioned the use of a Bally logo instead, I pointed out a Bally royalty that Hilton collects and that I believed PPS/CGC would also be subject to. No negotiations required, I figured it was all included and agreed to earlier when PPS took over.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

That's not correct. CV/Bally, AFM/Bally, WH2O/Williams. Bally and Williams had teams working on pins at the same time, didn't matter what the themes were.

#98 9 years ago

Video looks great. Rick, can you speak to the progress of the LCD having multicolor animations? I'm sure you don't have an exact date but maybe a range? This year? Early/Mid/Late next year?

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

I was also noticing what seemed like no branding? I'm assuming someone's name is somewhere...would have been cool to see Williams somewhere.
Game looks awesome though. Glad PPS is moving the chains.

You can buy the black plastic speaker panels that Say "Williams" between the speakers I think Pinball Life has them for $150 if you are really concerned about it

#100 9 years ago

They rent an empty house to shoot the video in?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 64.99
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roger-sharpe-mmr-video/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.