Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 200 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by bajm
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190525_110603 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110526 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110408 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110405 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110402 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110358_001 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110346 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110331 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110324 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110315 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110311 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110257 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110247 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110245 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110230 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110223 (resized).jpg
    There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bwheels:

See you guys this weekend![quoted image]

Looks like Lem is bringing his Delta Queen, nice! Glad to see a good number of EMs in the group.

#152 4 years ago

thank you all for your input. I didn't know there was "2" 1ups. lol. I will check them both out.

Quoted from Captainhook:

Or go to Arapahoe bowling it's only two blocks from the 1up Greenwood.

how many games do they have? bowling alley are usally the best

#153 4 years ago

Ready for your mind to be blown, there are actually three 1 Ups.

#154 4 years ago

Dupe.

#155 4 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

thank you all for your input. I didn't know there was "2" 1ups. lol. I will check them both out.

how many games do they have? bowling alley are usally the best

Last time I was there they had at least 12.

#156 4 years ago
    Quoted from Captainhook:

Last time I was there they had at least 12.

These 26 machines are listed for Arapahoe Bowling Center (https://pinballmap.com/colorado?utf8=%E2%9C%93&region=colorado&by_location_id=7376):

Batman Forever (Sega, 1995)
    Bram Stoker's Dracula (Williams, 1993)
    Centaur II (Bally, 1983)
    The Champion Pub (Bally, 1998)
    Demolition Man (Williams, 1994)
    Earthshaker (Williams, 1989)
    Eight Ball (Bally, 1977)
    Eight Ball Deluxe Limited Edition (Bally, 1982)
    Fireball Classic (Bally, 1984)
    The Flintstones (Williams, 1994)
    Indiana Jones (Stern, 2008)
    Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure (Williams, 1993)
    Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast (Pro) (Stern, 2018)
    Jack-Bot (Williams, 1995)
    Monster Bash (Williams, 1998)
    NBA Fastbreak (Bally, 1997)
    Pirates of the Caribbean (Jersey Jack, 2018)
    Pirates of the Caribbean (Stern, 2006)
    Popeye Saves the Earth (Bally, 1994)
    The Shadow (Bally, 1994)
    SlugFest (Williams, 1991)
    South Park (Sega, 1999)
    Star Wars (Data East, 1992)
    Star Wars (Pro) (Stern, 2017)
    Street Fighter II (Gottlieb, 1993)
    TRON: Legacy (Stern, 2011)

#157 4 years ago

Nice-Full Size Zaxxon arcade game for sale-See Craigslist-and search Zaxxon-Kirk in Arvada-$750.00

#158 4 years ago

See my ad for a GoT pro. Won’t be at the show but could meet Monday if interested.

#159 4 years ago

ok, got Last Action Hero out of the basement and loaded in the car. I think I'm going to die now....

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from resipsa:

ok, got Last Action Hero out of the basement and loaded in the car. I think I'm going to die now....

Cool - That's half the battle! I look forward to playing it at the show. Play my Tommy and Johnny Mnemonic when you get there.

#161 4 years ago

I just got this in the house this thing is heavy. Thank you "Project Pinball"

20190524_191928 (resized).jpg20190524_191928 (resized).jpg
    #162 4 years ago

Is there early registration for those with gamer packages? Or is everything at 11 am?

#163 4 years ago

Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown and Gameroom Expo Main, Classics & Novice Tournaments start today at 11am! Come out and play or follow along at home: https://www.neverdrains.com/rmps2019/

Also, jfh sorry I don’t know the answer to that.

#164 4 years ago
    Quoted from resipsa:

so in all seriousness, I really don't want to bring this back home. Unfortunately I registered late and it's in a location just east of Siberia, so it probably won't get much exposure, but good opportunity for someone to take advantage and pick it up at a discount. Asking $2200 (was going to list at $2500, so already discounted). Let me know if anyone is interested.

#165 4 years ago
    Quoted from bajm:

Cool - That's half the battle! I look forward to playing it at the show. Play my Tommy and Johnny Mnemonic when you get there.

Nice; will do. Johnny Mnemonic is a fun pin that I haven't played in a long time.

#166 4 years ago

In have a Dr. Who in decent condition I’m looking to sell at the show. 2800 takes it home. It’s a reimport but has a nice playfield and works well! Let me know

#167 4 years ago

Playoffs for the Main Tourney start today at 10am. Players can find the specific time they need to report to the tournament area on this bracket: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VnqxsNmPynbfkxA1W2ThOvjKVCxovL-Ucy_1xv0qTcI/edit?usp=sharing

Details and payouts can be found here: https://www.colorado-pinball.com/…/rmps-2019-main-tourney-…/

#168 4 years ago
    20190525_110211 (resized).jpg20190525_110211 (resized).jpg20190525_110230 (resized).jpg20190525_110230 (resized).jpg20190525_110218 (resized).jpg20190525_110218 (resized).jpg20190525_110223 (resized).jpg20190525_110223 (resized).jpg20190525_110245 (resized).jpg20190525_110245 (resized).jpg20190525_110247 (resized).jpg20190525_110247 (resized).jpg
    #169 4 years ago
    20190525_110257 (resized).jpg20190525_110257 (resized).jpg20190525_110324 (resized).jpg20190525_110324 (resized).jpg20190525_110311 (resized).jpg20190525_110311 (resized).jpg20190525_110315 (resized).jpg20190525_110315 (resized).jpg20190525_110331 (resized).jpg20190525_110331 (resized).jpg20190525_110346 (resized).jpg20190525_110346 (resized).jpg
    #170 4 years ago
    20190525_110358_001 (resized).jpg20190525_110358_001 (resized).jpg20190525_110408 (resized).jpg20190525_110408 (resized).jpg20190525_110402 (resized).jpg20190525_110402 (resized).jpg20190525_110405 (resized).jpg20190525_110405 (resized).jpg20190525_110526 (resized).jpg20190525_110526 (resized).jpg20190525_110603 (resized).jpg20190525_110603 (resized).jpg
    #171 4 years ago

Just came from the RMPS.....is Game Exchange serious with the prices they have on the SS machines for sale? Even their "show price" is 2x or more they're worth. I could see those prices on really nice examples or light restorations, but they were pretty much all fairly beat players.

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mathazar:

Just came from the RMPS.....is Game Exchange serious with the prices they have on the SS machines for sale? Even their "show price" is 2x or more they're worth. I could see those prices on really nice examples or light restorations, but they were pretty much all fairly beat players.

Buying a game retail is always more expensive than buying private for a variety of reasons. If there’s a game you’re interested in talk to JJ.

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from resipsa:

so in all seriousness, I really don't want to bring this back home. Unfortunately I registered late and it's in a location just east of Siberia, so it probably won't get much exposure, but good opportunity for someone to take advantage and pick it up at a discount. Asking $2200 (was going to list at $2500, so already discounted). Let me know if anyone is interested.

We found your game in Siberia and played it. It’s a fun game that I haven’t had much time on. Thanks for bringing it!

#174 4 years ago

Anyone know who's omega race cabaret that is?
    It plays very well and is quite smooth.

#175 4 years ago
    Quoted from GamesGuy5280:

Anyone know who's omega race cabaret that is?
    It plays very well and is quite smooth.

Collector on KLOV may have brought that, here is his pick up thread.

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=451329&highlight=leaving

#176 4 years ago
    Quoted from manadams:

Collector on KLOV may have brought that, here is his pick up thread.
    https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=451329&highlight=leaving

Ahh, excellent! Thanks

#177 4 years ago
    Quoted from bajm:

We found your game in Siberia and played it. It’s a fun game that I haven’t had much time on. Thanks for bringing it!

I found it as well, it was fun! and you weren't kidding about Siberia!
    I like that area though and might request it next year!!

#178 4 years ago
    Quoted from GamesGuy5280:

I found it as well, it was fun! and you weren't kidding about Siberia!
    I like that area though and might request it next year!!

Yeah, that area is quieter and a nice change from the rest of the show. I like when you can hear a game well - but you do have to go searching to find the room.

#179 4 years ago

Guys how was the show this year?

I couldn't make it due to it being over Memorial Day weekend. But would love to hear thoughts on this year's show. Pros, Cons, etc. Or maybe "no comment"? I am surprised by how quiet this thread was all weekend.

How was the swap meet?

Pics of the different venue look much roomier and nicer. But other than that, I would love to hear what i missed!

I hope next year they move it back to an earlier weekend.

#180 4 years ago
    Quoted from Elicash:

It was great. The new venue is a big step up. I hope the economics work out and they stick at the Marriott Tech Center next year, great space for a pinball event.I don't know if attendance was up, down, or static, but there was definitely more space and it felt less crowded than in past years.

#181 4 years ago
    Quoted from Elicash:

I couldn't make it due to it being over Memorial Day weekend. But would love to hear thoughts on this year's show. Pros, Cons, etc. Or maybe "no comment"? I am surprised by how quiet this thread was all weekend.
    How was the swap meet?
    Pics of the different venue look much roomier and nicer. But other than that, I would love to hear what i missed!

I really enjoyed the show this year - venue was definitely a big step up as mentioned by a previous poster.

I bought a 3-day pass but unfortunately couldn't attend on Monday due to a family matter. I spent about 9hrs there each on Saturday and Sunday.

THE GOOD
    - Lots and lots of pins to play - I didn't count, but it seemed like more than last year. If I had to guess, I'd say the mix was 30% Solid State, 10% EM, and 60% DMD/later.
    - Three new Black Knights (but only one LE) meant that lines to play them weren't too bad. In fact, I probably walked up and played (no line) a few times each day.
    - That nice original Black Knight with heavy mods that I've seen at each RMPS was there. Always love playing that game.
    - Someone had a modded, clean looking Firepower with ramps feeding both inlanes from the middle of the playfield. The ramps are a bit narrow which makes it a pretty cool skill shot.
    - Tournaments were well organized as usual. I was above the cut line in a couple of them for almost a full day, then sadly dropped out of contention. Still had a blast, tho.
    - Attending speaking engagements was GREAT. A dedicated auditorium with comfortable seating, tables with lights and notepads, stage, and dedicated sound system. That's the way to do it.
    - The dedicated room for EM displays and training sessions. Top notch.
    - Swap meet was great - finally got to meet some fellow pinsiders F2F. I didn't find anything I needed, but I thought it was a great turnout, especially for how quickly it get put together. Thanx, Lem!
    - There were four other areas (including the tournament area) outside of the main hall set up with pins. Playing in those areas was enjoyable as you can actually hear the pin you're playing.
    - There's a Wendy's one block from the venue. Skipped the $8.50 "sample size" salad the venue was hawking and walked down the street to get a $7.00 salad that was probably four times the size of the Marriott's offering.
    - Everyone, from the vendors to the attendees, were all friendly and super chill. Nice crowd

THE BAD
    - I'm glad there was a Willy Wonka there but since there was only one, man that line was long ALL THE TIME. I actually never did get to play it. Every time I checked the line (9 or 10 times a day) it was at least 7 to 8 people deep. That one felt like a line for a ride at Disney World....wait 90 minutes to get on, and it's over in 3.
    - $5 for a can of Coke or bottle of water? Holy crap. I brought my own refillable water bottle the next day.
    - $6.50 for a bottle of domestic beer. Can't bring beer from home so I succumbed to a few of these over the weekend. OK, 10.
    - As usual, it was tough to really enjoy the games 100% in the main hall due to the noise. Half of the enjoyment of the games, at least for me, are the sounds and call outs. Unless you were playing the new Black Knight LE (which was hooked up to a very loud external sound system....awesome!) you couldn't hear a damn thing.
    - I was surprised at the quality of some of the games for sale at premium prices. $1800 for a solid state where the flippers get stuck or don't work at all? $1700 for a solid state that had above average playfield wear and the wrong backglass? I saw more machines turned off due to inop at this show than at any previous show.
    - The Gorgar in the tournament area was missing the tiny round rubbers on the outlane posts on both sides. No chance for the ball to bounce around...once it headed to that area, say goodbye. Very frustrating. It was the same disadvantage for all players, obviously, but it made my 7 tries at getting a decent tournament score very frustrating. I barely got to half the score I normally get on that pin.

I would definitely vote to have it next year at the same venue but on a different date (either before or after Memorial Day). There's just too much going on during that holiday weekend!

#182 4 years ago
    Quoted from Elicash:

How was the swap meet?

Agree with Mathazar on alot of points. My thoughts:

-Main hall was packed Saturday/Sunday with both pins and people. Great you could escape that main room and go out in several other less crowded areas and play a variety of both pins and vids (great to play Omega Race again!).

-Was there on Friday night and Saturday morning setting up games, so got a chance to wander around and play. Loved Munsters and BKSOR - put about a dozen games on Wonka, not sold on it yet.....

-Swap meet was small, but a fairly good turnout. Guessing as the show progresses from year to year, the swap meet will grow as well.

-Marriott was clean with friendly and accommodating staff.

-Games for sale were at a ridiculous premium, even for 'show' prices as others have commented on. I realize those are geared for the impulse buyers, but holy cow.......

-Great venue, but a different date (and maybe only 2 days instead of 3) would attract more people/vendors. Also, a separate, quieter room for the vendors would be nice. Most of the vendors were in the main room and there was no way to really have a conversation with them trying to compete with the crowd and game noise.

#183 4 years ago

I had a great time. I rank it on par with Pinball Expo and other shows I've been to.

Wish my kids were more interested in Pinball. Hard to be babysitter / pinball nerd.

#184 4 years ago

Had a great time at the Showdown this last weekend. Had balked at going past years because of crowding. Loved the space and layout in the new hotel. Played several games I had never seen before and lots of rare games. Thanks to all the pinheads who loan there games for abuse and use by us all. Would love to hear some total games played if people kept track. Majority of games stayed playable the whole weekend, high five to all whole worked on the games. Had family from Colorado come and they really enjoyed themselves and now want to buy a Dr. Who. Loved the Swap Meet and hope it grows in the future, thanks to Lem to taking that project on. Got to talk and deal with a lot of good folks. Hotel was great and I was worried about parking but the Hotel and Showdown worked out a good solution. Loved all of the EM seminars. He is a great teacher and I picked up a lot of good tips. Keep those ideas coming. Overall a great time and right up in there with the Texas show. Will put this one on my calendar for next year.

#185 4 years ago

Great time at the RMPS! Was happy to be able to play games that I had not seen before. I saw a lot of games that I have not the opportunity to see or play. Attended The EM seminars and thanks to Mark Gibson for teaching them. A lot of good information for me to receive. My thanks to Lem and The Colorado Pinball Club for arranging the Flea Market. Had a good time talked to lots of good folks and mad some friends. Hope to see it again next year. Hotel was really nice. Had a great time there and can't wait til next year.

#186 4 years ago

Another great year at the showdown. The location was great. Loved the new hotel. So fun to see old friends and meet some new ones as well!!

#187 4 years ago

Great show! Thanks to the organizers, everyone who brought games, and everyone who attended.

I was constantly being pulled away from the Comet Pinball booth (mostly by tournaments), but thanks to everyone who stopped by to pick up a few things, talk to Greg, or ask for help with their lighting.

Quoted from Mathazar:

The Gorgar in the tournament area was missing the tiny round rubbers on the outlane posts on both sides. No chance for the ball to bounce around...once it headed to that area, say goodbye.

Gorgar is notoriously set up differently for tournaments to deter players from shatzing for bonus (and lighting the spinner). But yeah, this makes it even less fun to play than normal!

#188 4 years ago

The new venue was great and the line voltages and air conditioning weren't an issue like prior years. My machines were still shooting snappy and reliably all weekend. I used to wax every single day to keep the ball moving fast enough on those old Williams games but everything was keeping up nicely. Only issue I had all weekend on my games was a drop target plate finger snapped on PinBot, but thats an oddball I couldn't have prepared for. Got a new one to install. A lot more space to move around and had a great seminar room. I'm not a tournament guy but the tourney folks said that area was far better than prior years as well. Got a bunch of great deals on old parts at the swap meet and at Dave's table, plus dropped some good coinage on Comet products.

#189 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmster:

Would love to hear some total games played if people kept track

Sorry, I forgot to answer this earlier. I think most of mine were in the 500-600 play range.

#190 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Sorry, I forgot to answer this earlier. I think most of mine were in the 500-600 play range.

I kept missing you to say hello Ryan, I did see that Congo you had there. It looked vaguely familiar, I had to play it to remind it who it's daddy used to be. Love me some Congo!

#191 4 years ago

Calling all who played PINQUEST. Have fun?! Feed back is greatly appreciated!

#192 4 years ago
    Quoted from PINQUEST:

Is there a website backing this anywhere? Love to read up on it was to busy to check out in detail when there.

#193 4 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Is there a website backing this anywhere? Love to read up on it was to busy to check out in detail when there.

yep!

https://www.playpinquest.com/
    Click Player and FAQ there is also a quick video on the landing page.

#194 4 years ago
    Quoted from PINQUEST:

I played and completed a few quests, and generally had a good time with it. Particularly for a show, it was great to have a reasonto play some games I might otherwise skip. I didn't get to play in the tournaments, so it was nice to have this semi-competitive outlet.

Some things I would like to see:
    - on the page showing all quests, I would like to see my progress on each quest without clicking each one.
    - within the individual quest pages, I found that once I completed a game, I could no longer go back and see my score, only that I had completed it. This was kind of frustrating.

I'm skeptical that my local operators will pursue this, but I'm going to ask.

#195 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

I played and completed a few quests, and generally had a good time with it. Particularly for a show, it was great to have a
    reasonto play some games I might otherwise skip. I didn't get to play in the tournaments, so it was nice to have this semi-competitive outlet.
    Some things I would like to see:
    - on the page showing all quests, I would like to see my progress on each quest without clicking each one.
    - within the individual quest pages, I found that once I completed a game, I could no longer go back and see my score, only that I had completed it. This was kind of frustrating.
    I'm skeptical that my local operators will pursue this, but I'm going to ask.

Thanks for the feedback! Did you check the trophy case under the menu? It will show the quest that you completed. It will not show the score you achieved, however it will show the target score that you accomplished.

#196 4 years ago
    Quoted from PINQUEST:

Thanks for the feedback! Did you check the trophy case under the menu? It will show the quest that you completed. It will not show the score you achieved, however it will show the target score that you accomplished.

I did see that, it just doesn't help when my friend asks about my score and I have no idea

#197 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

I did see that, it just doesn't help when my friend asks about my score and I have no idea

Thank you! Ill look in to possibly adding a split score, maybe display the target score and the score that was achieved. Hope that makes sense!

#198 4 years ago
    Quoted from PINQUEST:

Neil, I think PINQUEST is a fantastic idea and I wish you the best with making it happen. I really enjoyed the semi-competitive aspect of it, while allowing me to compete on my own time. I've been a league player before, but sometimes it's quite difficult to commit to a specific night of the week for 8-12 weeks in a row. Thus, I love this concept. I hope to see locations around the Front Range implementing this soon. It may actually get me out to visit some locations I haven't been to in awhile.

My only criticism from the Showdown was the speed at which my photos and score uploaded. This may not have been an issue with your site, as I was not using wifi and my cell reception in the main gaming area was a bit spotty for me.

For any location looking to generate more coin drop, I would think this would be a great offering if the cost of hosting a quest is at a low enough price point to be mildly profitable. Having not seen the operator side of your site, I imagine it can't be too cumbersome to manage the administration of a quest.

Again, I see this as a great addition to location pinball.

Cheers,

JRB

#199 4 years ago
    Quoted from joemoney24:

Neil, I think PINQUEST is a fantastic idea and I wish you the best with making it happen. I really enjoyed the semi-competitive aspect of it, while allowing me to compete on my own time. I've been a league player before, but sometimes it's quite difficult to commit to a specific night of the week for 8-12 weeks in a row. Thus, I love this concept. I hope to see locations around the Front Range implementing this soon. It may actually get me out to visit some locations I haven't been to in awhile.
    My only criticism from the Showdown was the speed at which my photos and score uploaded. This may not have been an issue with your site, as I was not using wifi and my cell reception in the main gaming area was a bit spotty for me.
    For any location looking to generate more coin drop, I would think this would be a great offering if the cost of hosting a quest is at a low enough price point to be mildly profitable. Having not seen the operator side of your site, I imagine it can't be too cumbersome to manage the administration of a quest.
    Again, I see this as a great addition to location pinball.
    Cheers,
    JRB

Thanks Joey!

1 week later
    #200 4 years ago

Hey Guys,

I had a craftsman digital torpedo level with a nice soft case disappear on setup day at the show. Anyone wind up walking off with it? It does have "Minnick" written in sharpie on the backside of the level. Please let me know if you have any ideas on where/who may have it.

Thanks!
    Brent

There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-mountain-pinball-showdownmay-25-27/page/4?hl=snowgalvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.