6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 200 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by bajm
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 47 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190525_110603 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110526 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110408 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110405 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110402 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110358_001 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110346 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110331 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110324 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110315 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110311 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110257 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110247 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110245 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110230 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110223 (resized).jpg

There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 5 months ago

More information on swamp meet...

You can park your vehicle next to the patio. You can sell from your truck if you want. There is also grass and of course the patio. Power is available, but you will need a extension cord.

I've also attached pictures of the location. South side of the hotel

IMG_20190506_190440521_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20190506_190554715_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20190506_190600620_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20190506_191004861 (resized).jpgIMG_20190506_191008480 (resized).jpg
    #103 5 months ago

Hey friends! I’ll be launching my project “Pinquest” at our show. This will hopefully change expo and location play forever. I am super excited to share this with my home town pinheads. More information will come soon on what the heck Pinquest is, but be ready to EARN some cool prizes!

See everyone soon!

#104 5 months ago

For those interested in playing in the Main and/or Classics tournaments, here are the games:

Main: Genesis, Jackbot, Eight Ball Deluxe, Wizard of Oz, The Addams Family, Indy 500, Guardians of the Galaxy (pro), Deadpool (pro), Metallica (pro)

Classics: Gorgar, Barracora, El Dorado, Old Chicago, Doodle Bug and Harlem Globetrotters

As always, these lists are subject to change but fingers crossed all games behave themselves. Backup game for Main is probably Iron Man since that thing never breaks down. Not sure yet about a backup for Classics.

#105 5 months ago

Also, there will be a Novice Tournament again this year, but run a bit differently. Here are the details:

20$ gets 12 plays on a bank of four games. Must play all 4 games and best scores go towards your total. Qualifying all day sat and Sunday finals at same time as classics. Must be 3000 or greater IFPA ranking.

The Novice game bank is still being determined at this point but I will post the bank of games once we have that finalized. Anyone eligible to play in Novice may also choose to play in Main and Classics.

#106 5 months ago
    Quoted from SnowGalvin:

Also, there will be a Novice Tournament again this year, but run a bit differently. Here are the details:
    20$ gets 12 plays on a bank of four games. Must play all 4 games and best scores go towards your total. Qualifying all day sat and Sunday finals at same time as classics. Must be 3000 or greater IFPA ranking.
    The Novice game bank is still being determined at this point but I will post the bank of games once we have that finalized. Anyone eligible to play in Novice may also choose to play in Main and Classics.

Sounds great...please remember that we're novices, so pick newer games that we know!! Otherwise I'll have to fire up the Twitch videos again.

That main bank looks really good.

#107 5 months ago

Does anyone know if Jack Guarnieri is going to be there? I thought I saw his name on the website but all I see now is JJP and Butch.

#108 5 months ago
    Quoted from mountaingamer:

Does anyone know if Jack Guarnieri is going to be there? I thought I saw his name on the website but all I see now is JJP and Butch.

That was last years line up, looks like it has been updated now.

#109 5 months ago

Is anybody trucking games down from Northern Colorado?

I'm planning to bring 3 or 4 (including a custom built fortune teller machine and a non-working DIY "Archer" prototype) but I'd rather not rent a truck if someone has some room.

#110 5 months ago

Response has been pretty good regarding the swap meet. Sounds like there will be some pretty good treasure there. Please keep it coming!

Lem

#111 5 months ago

Guys - I am hoping to buy a used late system 11 or early WPC cabinet at the swap meet. It can be pretty much any condition. Please let me know if you have something you can bring.

#112 5 months ago

I'm also looking for a donor Bally early SS cabinet, with or without hardware and with or without the head. Would love to find one at the swap meet.

#113 5 months ago

Hey guys it’s that time of year to find some volunteers to help us with scorekeeping for the RMPS 2019 tournaments see below for info on how to sign up. Anyone who works 2 hours will receive 10 free classics entries.

We're using SignUp.com (the leading online signup and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming activity.

Please sign up for RMPS 2019 tournament scorekeepers!

Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
    1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on SignUp.com: https://signup.com/login/entry/147021844856888017
    2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on SignUp.com)
    3. Sign up! Choose your spots - SignUp.com will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!

Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.

#114 5 months ago
    Quoted from sethi_i:

Sounds great...please remember that we're novices, so pick newer
    games that we know!! Otherwise I'll have to fire up the Twitch
    videos again.
    That main bank looks really good.

Just heard that 3 of the 4 Novice games have been sorted: Aztec,
    High Speed (the SS machine, not The Getaway) and Indiana Jones:
    Pinball Adventure. The 4th game is still TBD.

For those who may not know, I run the website
    https://www.colorado-pinball.com/ where I maintain the state-wide pinball event
    calendar for both competitive and non-competitive events. In
    addition to the calendar I also make available my "PinPals" which
    are visual guides to over 200 pinball machines. These are my
    personal notes and how I've learned the rules to so many games. I
    offer these to anyone interested for a one time donation of $5
    which goes towards the cost of running the website.

I mention this because all the games in Classics, Novice and the
    Main tournaments (except for Genesis, WOZ and Indy 500 though
    they'll be online before RMPS) have a PinPal already. So if any
    newbies are concerned about not knowing how to play the machines -
    fear not!

Want to learn more about my PinPals?
    https://www.colorado-pinball.com/what-are-pinpals/

Want to see the list of games I have PinPals for?
    https://www.colorado-pinball.com/pinpals/

In fact, I'm including a freebee for Aztec.

All of that said, if any of you know of events that you don't
    see on my calendar or local resources I don't have listed that you
    you'd like to recommend to the Colorado Pinball community at large
    - please let me know! I want my website to be as useful to our
    state (and visitors) as possible.
    Aztec-PinPal.pdf

#115 5 months ago

Also - the Metallica pro that will be used in the Main Tournament is ours (mine and Paul's soapblox ) - and it's for sale. We'd be thrilled to sell it for a quite reasonable price to someone in the scene, especially if they'd like to take it home on Monday after the Showdown is over. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

#116 5 months ago

Hey all have this game available and can likely transport to the show if someone is committed to buying

#117 5 months ago

Hey guys,

We will have 2 booths this year as well as a bunch of products. Stop by and say hello!

We plan to set up Star Wars Premium, Williams Indiana Jones, and the third is up in the air. If we have a game presold at demo pricing we will use it. We are considering Monster bash, Oktoberfest, Deadpool, and Munsters.

Greg
    Pinballpro.com

D117B725-6DA9-4DD6-82C3-E4F063FE0896 (resized).png
    #118 5 months ago

Have a Q*bert and Lunar Lander for trade at the Showdown - looking for a Munsters, BK SoR, Champion Pub or ?

PM for more info if interested......

IMG_8278 (resized).JPGLL-1 (resized).jpg

#119 5 months ago

I'll be selling my Lexy Lightspeed. HUO, single owner in perfect condition. Comes with two extra games, Roc's and Hoops.

Also selling my 1970's phone booth in fantastic condition. Entertaining game room decoration and fun at drunk party's.
    - Not at the show and I live about 45 minutes away in Boulder.
    Feel free to PM me with questions. Thanks

DSCN3855 (resized).JPGIMG_1613 (resized).JPGIMG_20171121_105330825 (resized).jpgzIMG_1529 (resized).JPGzIMG_1562 (resized).JPGzIMG_1568 (resized).JPGzIMG_1582 (resized).JPG

#120 5 months ago

not going to the show but if anyone has a candy cab for sale/trade id be interested and could pick up at the show or wherever

#121 5 months ago

I'm considering picking up a NIB from Greg with PinballPro at the RMPS. If I do, it will be my first purchase from him. Just wanted to check and see if anyone has bought from him and how it went...at purchase time and afterward. Deal sounds good, just putting in a little due diligence. I've only purchased NIB from JJ at Gex, and those experiences have always been awesome. I'm still considering going in that direction to support locals, but the additional taxes are significant.

#122 5 months ago
    Quoted from sethi_i:

I'm considering picking up a NIB from Greg with PinballPro at the RMPS. If I do, it will be my first purchase from him. Just wanted to check and see if anyone has bought from him and how it went...at purchase time and afterward. Deal sounds good, just putting in a little due diligence. I've only purchased NIB from JJ at Gex, and those experiences have always been awesome. I'm still considering going in that direction to support locals, but the additional taxes are significant.

Are you sure Greg isn’t going to have to collect tax from you? Pretty sure those loopholes closed as of April 1st.

IMO, if you are happy with JJ (as I am), stay with him and support your local distributor.

#123 4 months ago

I think I'll actually be able to make it down this year unless jury duty hoses me. Planning on bringing 4 games, and will have my 1979 Stern "Magic" and Williams PinBot up for trade or possibly sale. Looking for another DMD game or possibly System 11 era Williams/Data East in trade.

#124 4 months ago

My name is jeremy. I'm coming to the Rocky mountain pinball show from milwaukee wisconsin. looking to load up my empty SUV with a game to take to the show, I will transport it cheap like a 100 bucks or a show pass. if you buy a game in the milwaukee/Chicago land I will go pick it and bring to the show. pm me for details.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/open-transportation-to-the-rocky-mountain-pinball-show#post-5002336

#125 4 months ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Are you sure Greg isn’t going to have to collect tax from you? Pretty sure those loopholes closed as of April 1st.
    IMO, if you are happy with JJ (as I am), stay with him and support your local distributor.

Laws by state vary for out of state transactions, many based on volume. We have customers all over the country, as does JJ. The sales tax rules cause customers to do all kinds of crazy things. Reality is one way or another you are obligated to pay it. Either the distributor collects it, or the customer is responsible for paying it themselves. So in most cases there is no savings from one dealer over the next.

#126 4 months ago

Will there be any show posters available at the show? If so, could someone pick me one up and we can work out some type of deal?

#127 4 months ago

Anybody coming from Mooresville, NC that has space to haul a machine by chance?

#128 4 months ago

Are techs available at the show to help fix games? Willing to bring a couple games but one has a occasional random restart issue that I've been unable to figure out (about once every 5 games or so). Not trying to scam free admission for putting a broken game on the floor, but would love to use this as a opportunity to get this fixed as I've been sitting on it forever....

I always enjoy the show and considering I'm just down the road, I feel guilty not helping contribute any pins

#129 4 months ago
    Quoted from resipsa:

Are techs available at the show to help fix games? Willing to bring a couple games but one has a occasional random restart issue that I've been unable to figure out (about once every 5 games or so). Not trying to scam free admission for putting a broken game on the floor, but would love to use this as a opportunity to get this fixed as I've been sitting on it forever....
    I always enjoy the show and considering I'm just down the road, I feel guilty not helping contribute any pins

Bringing a game with known game-ending issues is not a good idea, especially in a show with tight space, tons of people and line voltage concerns. I'd suggest you bring a different game or just take the half-price admission for bringing one game. It could need a rebuilt power supply or something well beyond the scope of what general maintenance repairs people are doing at the show.

#130 4 months ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Will there be any show posters available at the show? If so, could someone pick me one up and we can work out some type of deal?

I'll grab one for you.

#131 4 months ago

Here's the poster I have the PDF in my phone but i can't figure out how to post it. Or how to remove the wrong pic I posted. I hate computers!!!!!!!!!

20190520_160049 (resized).jpgsb119(2).pdf
    #132 4 months ago

If anyone wants a PDF of the poster PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

#133 4 months ago

For any EM fans out there I'll have the whole Fun With Pinball exhibit set up for the first time at the Showdown. Stop by the Larkspur room to have a look, play the custom games or to sign up for one of the EM Pinball workshops.

Details at https://www.funwithpinball.com/events/2019_Pinball_Showdown

/Mark

#134 4 months ago

I hope it's a great show, I hope to meet and have a game or two with some great pinsiders!

I am, as always, looking for the rare and hard to find games. I am definitely interested if someone has decided to move on from theirs or has a lead to a collector who is. Yes, I know it's a long shot, but like to get the word out in case the time is right.

Currently my pin want list includes:

Rat Race
    Rotation
    Varkon
    A. G. Soccer-ball
    Catacomb
    hercules (if space allows
    Ice Cold Beer or Zeke's Peak
    Mata Hari EM

On the arcade side:

Any Taito cabaret
    Crazy Climber deluxe cab
    Lunar Lander
    Front Line
    Crazy Climber II
    Boot Hill

Feel free to give me a shout to discuss any of these, or similar titles.

#135 4 months ago
    Quoted from GamesGuy5280:

I hope it's a great show, I hope to meet and have a game or two with some great pinsiders!
    I am, as always, looking for the rare and hard to find games. I am definitely interested if someone has decided to move on from theirs or has a lead to a collector who is. Yes, I know it's a long shot, but like to get the word out in case the time is right.
    Currently my pin want list includes:
    Rat Race
    Rotation
    Varkon
    A. G. Soccer-ball
    Catacomb
    hercules (if space allows
    Ice Cold Beer or Zeke's Peak
    On the arcade side:
    Any Taito cabaret
    Crazy Climber deluxe cab
    Lunar Lander
    Front Line
    Crazy Climber II
    Boot Hill
    Feel free to give me a shout to discuss any of these, or similar titles.

Contact AZTARAC about his Lunar Lander. He posted a photo above.

#136 4 months ago

sethi_i Novice games have been finalized!

Aztec
    High Speed (the SS machine, not The Getaway)
    Indiana Jones: Pinball Adventure
    White Water

#137 4 months ago

Will, do. Thank you

Quoted from vintageclub:

Contact AZTARAC about his Lunar Lander. He posted a photo above.

#138 4 months ago

Marriott says on their website that the self-parking rates are $10 for 1-5 hours and $15 for 5-24 hours. I also see on Google street view there are automated parking entry/exit barriers at the main entrance of the hotel.

Can someone confirm that parking will be free for the duration of the show?

#139 4 months ago
    Quoted from N101AA:

Marriott says on their website that the self-parking rates are $10 for 1-5 hours and $15 for 5-24 hours. I also see on Google street view there are automated parking entry/exit barriers at the main entrance of the hotel.

#140 4 months ago

Parking is free for the show

#141 4 months ago
    Quoted from N101AA:

Parking is free for the weekend for pinball show attendees and guest of the hotel. People who have rooms will be reserved in the north parking lot. People who are just attending the show will be allowed access to the South lot for free. Friday/Monday for loading and unloading both gates will be open. There is also additional parking across the street at a nearby office building. Still pending on if that is going to be free as well. I will post once I find out.

#142 4 months ago

Hey all.

Just a reminder, the swapmeet is Sunday 8-10am south parking lot of the hotel. Hosted by the Colorado Pinball Club. Stop by and say hi.

Not too late to bring your stuff to sell. We should a handful of people selling things.

Let me know if you are interested in selling.

Lem

#143 4 months ago

I'm presenting a talk Saturday at 5: "Pins in the Hall (with sound)". I'm focusing on pins I've contributed to that you will be able to play if you attend RMPS. Here is a slightly under-produced 99 second trailer that will hopefully motivate some attendance..

#144 4 months ago

Hey everyone I've gotten a few questions regarding the swap meet and weather.

It will be rain or shine. So if you think you need it bring an easy up if you have one.

Hope to see you guys at the show and especially on Sunday.

Stop by and say hi!

Lem

#145 4 months ago

Looking to sell:
    - Neo Geo two slot arcade cab
    - Sega Turbo (upright) arcade cab

All are non-working projects (that have been working or close at some point). PM for details. I can bring them to the show, but I'd need to know by the end of the day today so I can load them into the Uhaul.

#146 4 months ago

I'm driving in Friday afternoon sometime and going to go to 1up and hang out. so if anybody wants to meet up ill be there friday night sometime around 9pm. also where is the best place for a pizza? It's kinda my thing, anywhere I visit I try to find a place that sells a good pizza. thank you

#147 4 months ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I'm driving in Friday afternoon sometime and going to go to 1up and hang out. so if anybody wants to meet up ill be there friday night sometime around 9pm.

Not sure which 1up you meant, but there is a big tournament happening at 1up - Greenwood that starts at 6pm on Friday. I think the qualification period goes till around 10pm. Then final 8 happens. If you want tons of people to hang out with, that might be the place to go...or if it's too many, then one of the other 1ups might be more chill.

#148 4 months ago

Or go to Arapahoe bowling it's only two blocks from the 1up Greenwood.

#149 4 months ago

Tourney is supposed to end at 9:30, he should be okay at 9pm.... I'd hit the 1UP.

Quoted from ryanwanger:

Not sure which 1up you meant, but there is a big tournament happening at 1up - Greenwood that starts at 6pm on Friday. I think the qualification period goes till around 10pm. Then final 8 happens. If you want tons of people to hang out with, that might be the place to go...or if it's too many, then one of the other 1ups might be more chill.

#150 4 months ago

See you guys this weekend!

64BB72DB-F11B-4A53-B79A-E6E26F5E9CAD (resized).jpeg
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 47.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Lighting - Interactive
    TheDudeMods
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 14.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 9,000.00
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 32.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 9,999.99
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 21.00
    There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside