Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 200 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by bajm
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190525_110603 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110526 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110408 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110405 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110402 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110358_001 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110346 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110331 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110324 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110315 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110311 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110257 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110247 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110245 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110230 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110223 (resized).jpg
    There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 5 years ago

Who is going to TD this year?

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from Apex:

Who is going to TD this year?

Snow and Brandon again

#53 5 years ago

https://www.colorado-pinball.com/2019/04/19/memorial-weekend-rmps-2019-tournaments-pre-rmps-tourney-at-1up-greenwood/?fbclid=IwAR33QYhNBDvFsCduzUUZb0jzTFHMuZLWZAdHT9BY2I1bSjuq7uc6MmHCpyw

tournament info. minimum cost $130 for the main tournament with a sat and sun day pass or $145 if you get the weekend pass

looks like I get to spend my Memorial Day weekend doing stuff outdoors again this year

#54 5 years ago

Hey everybody,

For those who don't know me, my name is Snow Galvin and I've been running the RMPS tournament along with Brandon Wheeler the past few years. I'm really bad at remembering to check in with Pinside but I'm really glad Its_me_aj started this thread. Thanks man! You shouldn't have been the one to have to do it but thank you nonetheless.

I haven't read through everyone's posts yet, but I agree. lol

I don't know much about this year's plans outside of the IFPA tournaments. Info for those can be found here: https://www.colorado-pinball.com/2019/04/19/memorial-weekend-rmps-2019-tournaments-pre-rmps-tourney-at-1up-greenwood/

Let me know if you have questions about these two tournaments and if you have questions about the show I can try and get you answers.

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from sethi_i:

How far out before the show do the normally list the tournament games?

I can't give you a date for when we announce the games included this year but when I do, it will be on my website: https://www.colorado-pinball.com , on the Colorado Pinball Tournament Info Facebook group and now I will also do it on this thread.

#56 5 years ago

Hey guys Brandon here. Sorry I havent been on pinside much. Snow and I are finalizing the tournament games now and will post as soon as completed. Feel free to Pm if you have any questions and we will get info out as soon as it’s available. Looking forward to seeing you guys

#57 5 years ago

Hey all, my name is Lem Scarbrough and I run the Colorado Pinball Club. As those of you that help with any of the events at these shows around the country or any event in general, you know that it's a commitment. The problem always being getting others to help. It's not an easy thing to get people to commit their time to bring a game, run a tournament, hold a seminar, organize a swap meet, etc.... But that's what makes these shows work. It takes the whole Pinball community, players, collectors and tournament players alike to help. It just sucks when you are doing everything you can to help (in your free time) and then you go on a forum to help promote only to get crucified. (As happened last year to multiple people in the show thread) Now put yourself in the shoes of the show organizers you just can't make everyone happy and keep the show running. Each show has different expenses, what works for one show, just might not be possible at the others.

Sorry for getting on a soapbox, and my stance will always be... Support your local pinball community, local show, local tournament, local opperators, local distributors, local collectors. Because one less of any of these means less pinball!

Thanks for reading.

Lem

And if anyone is interested in taking the role of organizing a swap meet at the Denver show, I'd be more than happy to help you figure out how to make it happen!

#58 5 years ago

Well said

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

minimum cost $130 for the main tournament with a sat and sun day pass or $145 if you get the weekend pass

looks like I get to spend my Memorial Day weekend doing stuff outdoors again this year

not including the classic tourney, hotel fees, and food and beer. probably pass for the first time in 6 years.

#60 5 years ago

I don’t think anyone is ungrateful and we recognize the exhausting effort that you guys put forth in order to have this event. We really appreciate you! If there are a few that are sounding off about the difficulties (due to mostly the costs) to bring games please understand that it just the frustration of not being able to attend, bring games or foot the bills. Some of us either dont have the right game to bring or dont have a way to move them there. Or just dont have the extra cash to shell out for that type of participation. We still support you guys even if we cant make it.

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

I don’t think anyone is ungrateful and we recognize the exhausting effort that you guys put forth in order to have this event. We really appreciate you! If there are a few that are sounding off about the difficulties (due to mostly the costs) to bring games please understand that it just the frustration of not being able to attend, bring games or foot the bills. Some of us either dont have the right game to bring or dont have a way to move them there. Or just dont have the extra cash to shell out for that type of participation. We still support you guys even if we cant make it.

Also very well said

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Well said but you and have brought games for years, Space station, lord of rings, Adams family and many others. If we aren’t having fun why have a hobby. We appreciate all involved putting on the show.

#63 5 years ago

The way I look at it is this: It's not easy to balance between the tournament(s) and the show itself, and people come for different reasons. Some solely for tournaments, and most solely for the show. For me, I can find local tournaments every week, but a show like this comes just once a year. I go for the people, the variety of games, and the sessions, and if there is time left over for a tournament, why not.

#64 4 years ago

See you there!

#65 4 years ago

I saw an ad on Craigslist for a swap meet at the Showdown... did someone here start that?

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lamilvelo:

I saw an ad on Craigslist for a swap meet at the Showdown... did someone here start that?

That was Lem, he is gauging interest

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lamilvelo:

That was me, I'm trying see if people actually have stuff to sell, or are more just interested in buying. Mostly looking like people are looking to buy, all the hoarders don't want to sell lol. Please correct me if I'm wrong.... I would love to have the swap meet at the show, just need community support! (Crickets chirping)

#68 4 years ago

I emailed Holly and it's fixed now.

Quoted from bluespin:

When I scroll through the list of pins it's alphabetical, but starts with Prospector, so pins that start with A-O are not displaying

#69 4 years ago

It would be nice to have an updated game list

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from Its_me_aj:

It would be nice to have an updated game list

I think they updated it now? My last year games are gone and my this year ones are there now

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from 5280wzrd:

That was me, I'm trying see if people actually have stuff to sell, or are more just interested in buying. Mostly looking like people are looking to buy, all the hoarders don't want to sell lol. Please correct me if I'm wrong.... I would love to have the swap meet at the show, just need community support! (Crickets chirping)

Sadly I'm one of the people looking to buy

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lamilvelo:

Me too.

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lamilvelo:

That is the story with everyone I have spoken to. No one selling.

#74 4 years ago

It's never been a great show for sellers....

Quoted from 5280wzrd:

No one selling.

#75 4 years ago

I have a pair of project pins Im selling together. An Embryon and a Gottlieb Excalibur. $1800 for the pair. The embryon really just needs to be put back together. The BG is great while the pf has a lot of small chipping and the one common wear spot on the girls head. The game does work but is broke down with the head off. The Excalibur comes with 2 pfs One is in great shape but needs a wire harness (which I have) reattached. The head is excellent but has an alternate translite while the cab is rough. Has all boards but Ive never had it together. Too many projects these days and I've decided to move these along. Im not interested in splitting them up. You can sell the one you don't want. PM me if interested

#76 4 years ago

I’ll be honest, I would love to bring WOZ and Hobbit to the show, but the thought of breaking down (2) JJP monsters, getting them through the front door, into the truck, to the venue, back off the truck, set up, played all weekend, then rinse and repeat getting them home.. risking a ding, scratch, scuff, or idiot vandal seems crazy - especially for (1) weekend pass. If I owned games I had a few hundred or grand into like years ago then maybe, but now for me it’s just not worth it... even to give back to the community. I bet plenty of others feel the same way - and that contributes to fewer high end games being there. We’re gonna go one day and support the show and vendors. Someone slap some sense into me if I’m just being a ass.

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from mountaingamer:

We’re gonna go one day and support the show and vendors.

Bring all 4 of your games and get two weekend passes and a hotel room. They just announced new bring a game incentives.

#78 4 years ago

"One complimentary 3-day general admission for every two machines;

FREE HOTEL: For every four full-size pinball and arcade machines an individual brings, the festival buys that individual one hotel night stay"

#79 4 years ago

Sounds like a scramble to get games. Seems like a lot more people would bring games if they would just change the pass per game. When does basic common sense kick in?

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Sounds like a scramble to get games. Seems like a lot more people would bring games if they would just change the pass per game. When does basic common sense kick in?

Com'on man, just support what that are trying to do to keep the show viable and running.

#81 4 years ago

But I am doing my part and bringing a pretty solid stack of games, and if I have room to spare, I will bring more. I can easily not bring anything and not even go to the show.

I guess at this point we are just beating a dead horse from both sides

#82 4 years ago

Not sure if I can make it this year due to the change of date. May is a nightmare for our family. Got hit with Jury summons this month, too, to go along with all the birthdays, recitals, end of schoolyear stuff that May always brings. Love supporting the show and I hope its moved back to June next year.

#83 4 years ago

It's a 2 year contract, so it will be Memorial day weekend next year too.

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

It's a 2 year contract, so it will be Memorial day weekend next year too.

#85 4 years ago

I will be coming late Saturday and leaving early Monday. I would love to see a Flea market like Texas has. I feel it is a great way to meet and talk with others, baring the weather and setup area cooperate. A friend and I had a setup at the Texas Festival ( Blue Ford Pickup Truck with Blue camper shell). I have a project Magnatron I would bring to sell if I got a serious buyer? would like to get $500.00 for it. Will post pictures if I can dig it out of storage.

#86 4 years ago

I too, will be coming late Saturday and leaving early Monday. Would love to see a flea market there in Denver ar the show. I have Gottlieb Skyline wedge-head for sale. It is one of the test machines that they produced in 1964. It has new rubbers, flipper rebuild, replaced some of the play field parts and repaired electrical issues, to get it in playable condition. The cabinet shows wear, The back glass is in good condition, and I have the original schematics and paper work that came with the game. It still does need some more tender care as. The serial number is 01016 S. Asking 800.00 If interested, message me.

DSC_0473 (resized).JPGDSC_0473 (resized).JPGDSC_0474 (resized).JPGDSC_0474 (resized).JPGDSC_0475 (resized).JPGDSC_0475 (resized).JPGDSC_0471 (resized).JPGDSC_0471 (resized).JPGDSC_0472 (resized).JPGDSC_0472 (resized).JPGDSC_0478 (resized).JPGDSC_0478 (resized).JPG

IMG_20180829_084324160 (resized).jpgIMG_20180829_084324160 (resized).jpgIMG_20180829_084503657 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_20180829_084503657 (1) (resized).jpg
    #87 4 years ago
    Quoted from 5280wzrd:

"One complimentary 3-day general admission for every two machines;
    FREE HOTEL: For every four full-size pinball and arcade machines an individual brings, the festival buys that individual one hotel night stay"

Im super stoked that they added this. Im bringing 4 so i just booked my room for Saturday night so i can play pinball in the dark until midnight then back at it at 9 am for the bring a game hour!

#88 4 years ago

I know some of you guys are into the vid side of the hobby as well. I have a really nice Q*bert upright I'm looking to sell or trade. Has a new VisionPro monitor and is running a Jrok Mylstar multi-board. Also considering letting my Atari Lunar Lander go as well.

Looking for a Medusa, Twister, or Tales from the Crypt. PM me for pics and more info - can bring to the Showdown at the end of May.

#89 4 years ago

So in terms of swap meet stuff, what Is everyone looking for?

#90 4 years ago

I've got a few old boards that could be repaired back to new (power drivers, dmd controllers, etc). I think a few of them actually work.

#91 4 years ago

I have a bunch of displays that might be repairable or usable, a few boards, misc parts, a few sets of ramps, bags of incandescent bulbs, a few back glasses and maybe a Williams expo pf and score board assembly that I can sell.

#92 4 years ago

I have 5 or 6 bins of parts from the last decade or so. Some of it interesting, some of it not. I would consider a flea market type sale on some of this stuff.

#93 4 years ago

I have some coin mechanisms, old Game manuals and schematics, that I would bring, along with the Skyline posted above.

#94 4 years ago

I am looking for a system 11 transformer if anyone could bring to the show. Thanks.

#95 4 years ago

I’ve got the power harness and all the data cables from a WOZ light kit conversion (so all the cables that were under the Playfield pre-2.0 kit) that I can bring.

#96 4 years ago

Ok! I'm glad to see there is some stuff that could be sold at a swap meet. If you guys commit to bringing items to sell, I will make it happen! With the help of the community we could get this thing rolling.

I'll figure out details and post as soon as I know.

Thanks all!

#97 4 years ago

I would need to know the details, like when, where and hours before I could commit.

Quoted from 5280wzrd:

Ok! I'm glad to see there is some stuff that could be sold at a swap meet. If you guys commit to bringing items to sell, I will make it happen! With the help of the community we could get this thing rolling.

I'll figure out details and post as soon as I know.

Thanks all!

#98 4 years ago

Hey guys! I want to help make this a great show for our community and am willing to help any way I can. If you are interested in bringing games but have trouble with transportation, I am here to help. I am going to get a box truck. PM me if interested and let’s see what I can do. Thanks and see you guys there
    Brandon

#99 4 years ago

Ok guys, gonna try the swapmeet at the show. Hopefully with your help we can make it a success. Details here and I will start a new thread too.

Swapmeet will be on the southside patio of the hotel. Sunday morning 8-10am. No cost to attend or sell. The Colorado Pinball Club will bring coffee and donuts.

Please PM me if you can bring stuff to sell. I need commitment please.....

Help make this work.

Thanks

Lem

#100 4 years ago

Looked for you thread on the Flea Market, Have you Posted it yet?

There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-mountain-pinball-showdownmay-25-27/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.