Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 200 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by bajm
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190525_110603 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110526 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110408 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110405 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110402 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110358_001 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110346 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110331 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110324 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110315 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110311 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110257 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110247 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110245 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110230 (resized).jpg
    20190525_110223 (resized).jpg
    There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 5 years ago

Who’s going?
    Who’s bringing what?
    What’s for sale?
    Let’s talk about this!

#2 5 years ago

Looking forward to it! And thanks for starting a thread.

#3 5 years ago

I'm there! Might have a game or two for sale if I don't get them figured out in advance. Have a super nice pimped out LOTR if anyone might be interested.

#5 5 years ago

I will be there. Glad it is a different weekend this year. Hope to play Willy Wonka and Black Knight.

#6 5 years ago

I'll be there all three days. Will the new JJP Willy Wonka actually be at the show? I thought they were only in the prototype phase around now (at least in the promo video they released the other day they were protos).

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mathazar:

I'll be there all three days. Will the new JJP Willy Wonka actually be at the show? I thought they were only in the prototype phase around now (at least in the promo video they released the other day they were protos).

JJ told me he expects Wonka will be there.

#8 5 years ago

So is there going to be a swap meet this year? More parts vendors? Has anyone heard anything?

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Its_me_aj:

So is there going to be a swap meet this year? More parts vendors? Has anyone heard anything?

Man I hope so! Been missing that these past few years.

#10 5 years ago

You would think with the dates approaching you would hear more, especially with being on Memorial Day weekend.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Its_me_aj:

You would think with the dates approaching you would hear more, especially with being on Memorial Day weekend.

For some reason Dan doesn’t seem to promote the Showdown on Pinside.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

For some reason Dan doesn’t seem to promote the Showdown on Pinside.

Or update the website with new info. Most of it on the site is still last year's stuff

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Or update the website with new info. Most of it on the site is still last year's stuff

Ya - I was looking over the agenda the other night and started thinking "this sounds familiar" and then noticed it was for 2018.

#14 5 years ago

It would be nice to see this show grow especially since there is so much potential with the amount of collectors in Colorado.

#15 5 years ago

I plan on going for the first time this year. Hoping people bring some pins for sale too

#16 5 years ago

First year I will miss due to the scheduling of this event. Can't wait for the photos and see how it goes in the new venue

#17 5 years ago

Gonna be there

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Its_me_aj:

It would be nice to see this show grow especially since there is so much potential with the amount of collectors in Colorado.

Having it on memorial day weekend is a huge mistake. A lot of people likely have other plans.

#19 5 years ago

I’m there! Can’t wait for three days of non-stop pinball.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Having it on memorial day weekend is a huge mistake. A lot of people likely have other plans.

Memorial Day weekend works well for me since it’s before summer vacation season for the kids, and I’m actually in town this weekend. But I’m sure they’ll adjust again if they take an attendance hit.

#21 5 years ago

I’m not a big fan of Memorial Day weekend either but hope that the new venue will help with the heat and space issues.

#22 5 years ago

I'll b there..

#23 5 years ago

It's a real bummer that the dates selected for it was the same that the Lyons Spring Classic used for decades and they decided not to run it this year since the showdown took those dates

As someone else stated, hopefully the new venue has better AC! Looking forward to Wonka if it's there

#24 5 years ago

I just hope to see some new stuff this year instead of the same games over and over.

#25 5 years ago

Anyone have a link to site. I might fly out there and visit this show. Have some work related function to attend to so this might all work out.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Anyone have a link to site. I might fly out there and visit this show. Have some work related function to attend to so this might all work out.

https://www.pinballshowdown.com/index.html

#27 5 years ago

Pretty sure I saw a post about Wonka being at the Showdown. Might have been on Facebook.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lamilvelo:

Pretty sure I saw a post about Wonka being at the Showdown. Might have been on Facebook.

It was posted in this thread about 18hrs ago.

Quoted from jfh:

JJ told me he expects Wonka will be there.

#29 5 years ago

So is it being a game get a pass yet or is it still 2 games per pass?

#30 5 years ago

I’m going. Looking for a WOZ75 with low plays and updated boards and checking out WW.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Its_me_aj:

So is it being a game get a pass yet or is it still 2 games per pass?

Got my postcard today - says 2 games is 1 3-day pass.

#32 5 years ago

Lame. I feel like that’s such a slap in the face to the people who only have one game or can only move one game. Would probably get more people to bring games if he had better incentives like TPF does.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Lame. I feel like that’s such a slap in the face to the people who only have one game or can only move one game. Would probably get more people to bring games if he had better incentives like TPF does.

They do offer a discount for bringing in one game - from the site:

"Bring one game machine and receive one half-price 3-day general admission (you pay $40 for a $220+ value), one entrance per event above, one For Sale sign, one festival badge, and one pin."

#34 5 years ago

Show schedule is posted on the website now (https://www.pinballshowdown.com/schedule.html). When viewing on the website, the agenda items expand with additional details when you click on them.

2019 RMPS Agenda.pdf2019 RMPS Agenda.pdf
    #35 5 years ago

I am planning on bringing the following games, hope there is a good EM turnout!

Gottlieb queen of diamonds $800
    Williams Swinger $700
    Gottlieb fashion show $600
    Chicago Coin Red Baron (probably, need to work out some bugs first) $500

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mathazar:

They do offer a discount for bringing in one game - from the site:
    "Bring one game machine and receive one half-price 3-day general admission (you pay $40 for a $220+ value), one entrance per event above, one For Sale sign, one festival badge, and one pin."

That’s not an incentive. So because you may only have one game that you want to bring out and let people play, you still have to pay for even a discounted pass to basically play your own game to help the show out?

#37 5 years ago

most shows do a 1 game = 1 pass and each additional game you get a pass to give to family/friends.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

most shows do a 1 game = 1 pass and each additional game you get a pass to give to family/friends.

Yea i suppose thats true, and if i lived in Texas i would be stoked about that. However i have neither the time nor financial resources to host my own pinball expo so im just glad we have one. I don't think the incentives will be changing so might as well just take it as it is. If its not personally worth it to bring a game then i hope you can at least come and enjoy the show! let me know what you think of mine, i try to keep them playing as well as i can!

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from Its_me_aj:

That’s not an incentive. So because you may only have one game that you want to bring out and let people play, you still have to pay for even a discounted pass to basically play your own game to help the show out?

So i think its great that you started this forum and posted about wanting the show to grow and see unique games but im not sure how telling everyone that the incentives are not worth it is going to help that? I want to see it grow too and am willing to help to make that happen even if the incentives are bigger in texas. Not trying to create hostility or call you out and i wish i could buy that time zone! much better than the backglass on both the ones i had. Would just like to see more positivity towards the expo this year.

#40 5 years ago

For the past 3 years I have hauled 4+ games by myself with close to a 2 hour drive to the show. I do this because if people like you and myself don’t, we don’t get to have a show in this state. This year I am thinking about bringing 6+ supplying a game for the tournament area.

I started this thread because there wasn’t one. There are threads for all the other shows in the country but ours. We deserve one. As a whole state, we have some of the best collectors and enthusiasts out there. We can have discussions even though everyone doesn’t agree with how the organizer runs his show. I give Dan respect for trying to host the show in a new location on one of first long weekend of the year for outdoor events. It’s a big gamble.

It would be cool as hell to see more vendors, more games, a swap meet, and just more growth overall. There is a ton of potential there.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from Its_me_aj:

For the past 3 years I have hauled 4+ games by myself with close to a 2 hour drive to the show. I do this because if people like you and myself don’t, we don’t get to have a show in this state. This year I am thinking about bringing 6+ supplying a game for the tournament area.
    I started this thread because there wasn’t one. There are threads for all the other shows in the country but ours. We deserve one. As a whole state, we have some of the best collectors and enthusiasts out there. We can have discussions even though everyone doesn’t agree with how the organizer runs his show. I give Dan respect for trying to host the show in a new location on one of first long weekend of the year for outdoor events. It’s a big gamble.
    It would be cool as hell to see more vendors, more games, a swap meet, and just more growth overall. There is a ton of potential there.

That is awesome that you bring that many games each year! I didn't realize that. I definitely appreciate everyone that brings games because, like you said, otherwise we wouldn't have a show.

On that note, texas has a successful swap meet each year because the local pinball club takes care of organizing it and people show up to sell things. I went the the Arcade Expo 5.0 in banning california and while the overall event was great, there were only about 3 people selling a few items at the swap meet. I think we can all agree that there would be a lot of people showing up to buy things, and if we can get people to commit to bringing items to sell for a brief few hour period during the expo we could definitely make a swap meet happen. Im part of the local club here and we have already discussed this with Dan but have not received a lot of interest from people wanting to sell things. Anyone here want to commit to a booth?

#42 5 years ago

Anyways, thinking about bringing Space Station again, theater of magic, bride of pinbot, jackbot, xenon, and something else. Also genesis again for the tournament. Can bring Stern Dracula and bally time zone for sale if there is any interest.

#43 5 years ago

I'll be looking to buy some older pins if that helps show interest in that aspect of the show. I also appreciate you guys hauling pins up for everyone to enjoy!

#44 5 years ago

How far out before the show do the normally list the tournament games?

#45 5 years ago

Anyone interested in bringing items to sell if there is a swap meet at the expo? Would be cool to make that happen

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from sethi_i:

How far out before the show do the normally list the tournament games?

The list has started - not complete yet, but it's a start.

https://www.pinballshowdown.com/games.html

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mathazar:

All four games on the list attributed to me are from last year. So...I wouldn't rely on what's currently there.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mathazar:

When I scroll through the list of pins it's alphabetical, but starts with Prospector, so pins that start with A-O are not displaying

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

All four games on the list attributed to me are from last year. So...I wouldn't rely on what's currently there.

I agree. The games that say "tournament only" were in last year's tournament. Either it's last year's list or they're taking the easy route in setting things up.

#50 5 years ago

that little scroll box thingy for the game list on the website is pretty user friendly

but yea, most of the site is last years info. The format for the tournament this year is going to be different as well.

There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-mountain-pinball-showdownmay-25-27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.