Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ezeltmann
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TWD love (resized).png
    50246-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-RHL9 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SnowGalvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 6 years ago

Hi Brandon. Last year's tournament was well run and well received by the dedicated competitive tournament players in Colorado and from chatting with other high level players at the Texas Pinball Festival and now at OKC's Silverball Showdown, there are quite a few people traveling in for the RMPS tournament this year. So with that in mind, I would strongly recommend that you keep the format Ryan implemented last year and absolutely payout 100% of entries.

I would also recommend coming to our local IFPA sanctioned tournaments 1st Sundays 1up LoDo, 3rd Sundays 1up Colfax, 1st Wednesdays Press Play Boulder (meet Ryan!) and Lyons Spring Classic May 26-28 (a former long running PAPA Circuit event). It would be highly beneficial for you to meet the players that will be in the RMPS because you will need our help. Just as Ryan did. As we all know Ryan well, it was easy for him to acquire reliable tournament games, backup games for the inevitable catastrophic malfunction, an army of score keepers, technicians and seasoned TDs to lean on for rulings and procedures. This help was not sought on Pinside but within the community, at the arcades where we regularly meet to play.

We are a close knit group and any resistance or apprehension you may be experiencing is because we don't know you. With only 42 days remaining, now is the time to make friends. We are opinionated and competitive but I got involved not all that long ago and CO players welcomed me into the fold, showed me the ropes and have become good friends. We're a warm bunch of people. I think you'll like us once you get to know us.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bwheels:

I am going to be at 1up colfax on Sunday from like 3-6 if anyone wants to come down and meet me in person! i will wear an american flag hat so come up and say hi. have a good weekend

This should probably be posted on the CO Pinball Tournament group on Facebook. Much larger audience, plus 3 of the more vocal (read: caring) people in this thread are either from Ft Collins or CO Springs. I've just added you to the FB group.

I'll be out of town Sunday but I'll be at 1up Colfax Monday around 6. I meet up with a group of tournament players there every Monday.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SnowGalvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-mountain-pinball-showdown-tournaments?tu=SnowGalvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.