Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ezeltmann
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TWD love (resized).png
    50246-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-RHL9 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider InfiniteLives.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

Why isn't Ryan running it again? He ran a successful tournament last year which the community liked way better than previous versions of the RMPS.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bwheels:

I agree he was awesome, but he is running comet now and will have a booth and some other stuff to do.

I noticed you do not have an IFPA profile page, just curious if you are familiar with running a large tournament. What format are you going to use? If you are changing it up it would be wise to talk to some of the more successful competitive pinball players in the area (thinking DNO, Adam Lefkoff, Ryan, Kevin McCarthy, Kevin Ryan, those guys ). Definitely see if you can use the Never Drains site again to track the standings and queues, super helpful. As far as I know, Ryan wasn't even asked to run it again O_o but I get that he has some other things going on.

Best of luck, I hope it turns out great, especially how it is in a bit of a spotlight being 1 of 20 PAPA Circuit Events this year.

#7 6 years ago

Last I spoke with him about it he had not been asked. He is en route to the Cactus Jacks Silverball Showdown right now so i doubt he will chime in. I'll bug him about it when I arrive at our hotel room tonight. You should join the Colorado Pinball Tournament Information facebook group to get direct access to the player base. I can PM you a link to it if you'd like.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from ezeltmann:

I plan of flying in for the first time for this event. Can you give an outline on what to expect. I enjoyed the unlimited pump and dump of Louisville. keeps you wired until the last entry.
    Thanks for running this.
    Ed Z

Last year it was limited HERB qualifying with PAPA group finals, much like TPF has ran the last 2 years.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

As Always we are willing to help provide a couple of games for the Tournament Room
    JJ

hardbody!

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

I'll be there and drunk about 2/3rds of the time and am not much help the other 1/3 of the time.
    I'm gonna do more tournaments this year tho, I'm probably like the Rainman of the pinball community, I just haven't tapped my potential quite yet but it's coming!

I might need ya for the next team league full time if you can swing it!

#19 6 years ago

If you are not familiar with how to make rulings and judgments in competitive pinball id suggest you look into it and surround yourself with some knowledgeable assistance TDs for such a big event as a PAPA Circuit.

#20 6 years ago

Will be extremely interesting to see if they go back to not paying out 100% of the entry fees back to the winners.

That was a huge chasm between this event and the locals that Ryan rectified last year.

Colorado waits with bated breath at this reveal

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from ezeltmann:

Any progress on the basic format of the tournament? Not having been to RMPS before , i'm kind of in the dark on what was run before.
    Thanks

Not yet, and after going to the latest PAPA Circuit event at Cactus Jacks this past weekend, a lot of those top players are going to Atlanta the same weekend since it is established and they know what they are getting into.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from joemoney24:

Why on earth would there be two Circuit Events the same weekend in two different states? I believe this defeats part of the purpose of circuit events in general.
    Maybe the Lyons Spring Classic should have continued to be a Circuit event. Looking at the circuit schedule, there would have been no other conflict.
    I'm probably just beating a dead horse here.... And off topic

Lyons Spring Classic did not make it because someone rated it poorly last year so it got dropped. I believe they chose not to be added to the ballet for the voting by the general public. But yes, pretty silly to have 2 Circuit events on the same weekend but only your 10 best circuit events out of 20 count towards your standings so I guess its not that big of a deal.

2 weeks later
    #52 6 years ago

Can you elaborate on what the "side tournament" is on the IFPA calendar?

I see there is a Main, Classics, EM and Womens which I get, just curious what the "side" is. The description reads as another EM tourney.

Also, Thanks for the game list!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider InfiniteLives.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-mountain-pinball-showdown-tournaments?tu=InfiniteLives and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.