Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Bwheels
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

games (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SnowGalvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I wonder if you could somehow incorporate some sort of "tutorial" for the novice players prior to the tournament. Maybe on Friday? just spitballin'
    is Ryan still doing something like that?
    #spreadthepinballgospel

At 5:30pm on Friday I will be doing exactly that in the seminar room! It can be so hard to answer all the questions that newer players have while registering players, scorekeeping and tending to all the tournament needs - as you well know. So I'm making myself available for a whole hour and will going over all things tournaments!

Quoted from sethi_i:

Was thinking of giving the novice tournament a shot, but then I read this. It's probably not the right setting to play in for your first tournament anyway. I'm still looking forward to attending my first show and watching the tourneys.

The Novice Tournament is precisely for you! And please come to the talk I'm giving Friday night. I'll be going over what/who PAPA and IFPA is, various tournament and league formats so you know what to expect when looking to get involved at any of Colorado's plentiful monthly events, how the tournaments work this year at the RMPS, unspoken tournament etiquette, strategies for approaching Novice/Main/Classics among other tips and tricks I've picked up along the way.

I'll also be taking questions - the goal is to be inclusive as possible this year and take some of the mystery out of the tournament scene.

This year's tournament directors are: Brandon Wheeler (@Bwheels) is the Lead TD, myself Snow Galvin and Lem Scarbrough (also the tourney's tech)
    We're friendly! We want you to play, enjoy the experience and ideally use this tournament as a springboard for newbies to get out there and join local monthlies and leagues.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SnowGalvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-mountain-pinball-showdown-tournament?tu=SnowGalvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.