Topic Stats

• 179 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by callmesteam
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 44 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4-13_011.JPG
4-13_012.JPG
show10.jpg
show9.jpg
show11.jpg
show8.jpg
show7.jpg
show5.jpg
show4.jpg
show2.jpg
show3.jpg
show6.jpg
show1.jpg
4-13_010.JPG
4-13_013.JPG
4-13_019.JPG

There are 179 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 6 years ago

Wow what an event. Just got home helped-toddsolus pick up a pin and I will help him get it back to Utah-we could not let him go home empty handed(: I just want to say thank you to everyone who participated and especially those who helped out. It was a great weekend and I came away with some new friends. I really want to thank Dan and Holly for all of their work and devotion. I was really surprised by all the helpers and how organized everything was-including the tournaments and the tally boards. It takes a lot of devoted pin-heads to pull off an event like this-great stuff. The only problem is-now I have to wait another year for the next show(:

#152 6 years ago

The show is always anchored by great pinheads and some of the local collectors put together great rows as they have for the 8 years I have been coming.

But this year, I think the vendors really brought great games and were there to keep them running. They made a big difference for me as compared to last year. But that may also be that I found a handful of fun games I had never played.

Was really cool to see NIB games to temp me sitting there to be given a safe home in today's scary world.

Flight 2000 was my surprise game this year. What was yours?

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

I sadly liked LAH even though the one at the show was a mess, seems like a cool game with a lot going on. I hope I can find one in good shape to play sometime. I continued to enjoy WOF as well, I think I'll have to give one a whirl sometime. Same with Batman Forever, I knew I liked it but playing it more I decided I will own that one as well, really cool game.

Big thanks to JJ as well for all the games he brought, Dirty Harry will be one I own someday. I decided to sit behind Donovan(which I didn't realize until after 30 minutes and he was still playing, destroying the previous high score). I learned how to make the shots though!

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Yes, thanks for bringing it! That AC/DC is definitely getting some mileage put on it. How many games does one of your machines register after a 3 day event?

Good Question. I will try and remember to look tomorrow since that onces only been out of the box for 4 days before.

#155 6 years ago

Good talking to you today, JJ. Believe me, you'll be hearing from me soon about an AC/DC Premium.

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

My surprise game was the 1996 Capcom Airborne. Really unique and real rare. I was drooling all over it. The cabinet and playfield were real nice. I tried to get Basil to sell it to me-No-go. I will haunt him-maybe someday?

#157 6 years ago

I think you're thinking of Capcom's Airborne...

#158 6 years ago

Yes Airborne-awesome-Dammit I want it!!!!!

Link check it out:

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

you'll be hearing from me soon about an AC/DC Premium.

About time Jeff !

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

About time Jeff !

RMPS was the first time I've played it. Fantastic game. Along with Tron, Stern has a couple of home runs.

#161 6 years ago

Agree with pinmister on Airborne. Surprisingly a good game.....a ramp monster. I enjoyed playing it but didn't get a feel how deep it was. Also, enjoyed Class of 1812. Liked it because it is weird and different.

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Good Question. I will try and remember to look tomorrow since that onces only been out of the box for 4 days before.

658 on AC/DC Prem. Going to look at the xmen pro we took to the tournament room too. It got DIRTY

#163 6 years ago

i didn't take machines this year, but last year, EACH of my games logged 900+ plays. Batman forever logged the most at 989.

#164 6 years ago

Great event, very well run. I love the new location.

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

658 on AC/DC Prem. Going to look at the xmen pro we took to the tournament room too. It got DIRTY

That X-Men was brutal with that tight tilt. It was fun playing it set up like that.

"Unit damage. Unit damage."

Haha.

#166 6 years ago

Surprise game for me was F-14...had always heard ab the flow, but never had played one. Tron was real minty, also a blast.

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

That X-Men was brutal with that tight tilt. It was fun playing it set up like that.
"Unit damage. Unit damage."
Haha.

Only 318 games on the X-men but man did it get dirty! ha don't blame me on the tilt, we left keys and let the Staff dial that one in.

I would Like to Thank Dan and staff for a great event, we look forward to being part of it again next year. Maybe I will bring 2 truck loads next year =) instead of just one!

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

That's a lot of games, though somehow I expected it to be more! That comes out to about 18 games an hour? 3 minute, 30 second games. Man, I'm bad at maff.

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

My surprise game was the 1996 Capcom Airborne. Really unique and real rare. I was drooling all over it. The cabinet and playfield were real nice. I tried to get Basil to sell it to me-No-go. I will haunt him-maybe someday?

Yes, really cool game, Capcom definitely did some great stuff for the limited time they were making pinball.

Huge congratulations to Basil for Best of Show for the game!

Oh yeah, and it won running the anyPin NVRAM!!! (had to shamelessly throw that in)

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
314-766-4587

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Yes, thanks for bringing it! That AC/DC is definitely getting some mileage put on it. How many games does one of your machines register after a 3 day event?

My Delta Queen got played 491 times and my Buccaneer (was a tournament game) was played 363 times. The Skee Ball machine never stopped! Was huge with all the kids and most of the women. I with it had a pay counter.

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

Delta Queen was a simple Bally game from the early 70's that REALLY needed to be leveled. Simple build and collect bonus with A+B targets in the middle of the PF for your double bone-us.

Unfortunately, it was leveled by the cabinet when I sat it up but I think the playfield may sit a little low in the cabinet on the left front side. (Sorry)

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Wow what an event. Just got home helped-toddsolus pick up a pin and I will help him get it back to Utah-we could not let him go home empty handed(:

What did you end up with Todd?

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Yes, really cool game, Capcom definitely did some great stuff for the limited time they were making pinball.
Huge congratulations to Basil for Best of Show for the game!
Oh yeah, and it won running the anyPin NVRAM!!! (had to shamelessly throw that in)
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
314-766-4587

I just finished putting in the arcade V3 mod that I picked up from you at the show. Looks great!

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I just finished putting in the arcade V3 mod that I picked up from you at the show. Looks great!

Cool man! That's an awesome mod!

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
314-766-4587

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from 5280wzrd:

My Delta Queen got played 491 times

A dozen of those were me... Great game, someday when I have more room I would love to have one.

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from Kurisu:

A dozen of those were me... Great game, someday when I have more room I would love to have one.

Another dozen were me. Beautiful playfield on that one and I liked the way the center hole worked - especially glad it didn't kick out SDTM!

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from drshaw:

What did you end up with Todd?

That was an awesome event! I met some great people and so did my 8 year old son. He got to play in the kids tournament (which was smoked by a world champion who was putting up high scores on machines all weekend) My son was one of those kids tearing up the skeeball as well
Shoutout to Kevin of Lyons who sold me his Class of 1812 for a very fair deal...and of course Pinmister for making it possible to get it back to Utah(a great guy as well). I am always amazed at the class of people in this hobby.I am proud to have my son involved and able to meet such great folks.
I really enjoyed playing the Class of 1812, and am stoked that I got to buy it...what a freak of a machine.....
Hello to Mia(3rd place in the kids tournament and responsible for bouncing my son but was an instant friend to him) and her Dad Scotty from Rockin Ft Collins and Pinball Jones!!
I am jealous of Colorado's pinball scene. I am coming back soon though

#178 6 years ago

Congrats Todd, time to update your collection on here

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Another dozen were me. Beautiful playfield on that one and I liked the way the center hole worked - especially glad it didn't kick out SDTM!

Another dozen were mine! I also played a ton of 'Old Chicago'. Now I have to find one...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 53.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 179 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside