show4.jpg
show2.jpg
show3.jpg
show6.jpg
show1.jpg
4-13_010.JPG
4-13_013.JPG
4-13_019.JPG

There are 179 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 10 years ago

Ugh, starting to feel pretty bummed for not being able to come this weekend. I missed last year for the first time in 5-6 years. I can't put off what I have to do this weekend, but I'm trying to figure a way around it.

#102 10 years ago

Mid-70s temp and sunny this weekend in Denver! Perfect for pinball.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from tpellowe:

Mid-70s temp and sunny this weekend in Denver! Perfect for pinball.

Weird. I thought it was a rule that it had to be dreary and snowy every year for the RMPS... haha...

#104 10 years ago

Looks like another great show this year

#105 10 years ago

I hope this venue has a bit more room. Seems like the last couple they were throwing machines anywhere they could.

#106 10 years ago

The Sheraton is laid out better. Also-Dan is working on a surprise room-shhhhhh. It will be cool-put it that way. Dan also went above and beyond on advertising this year. Make sure to get a copy of Saturday newspaper-should be a spread on show(; This years turnout should be great, especially with the fantastic weather this weekend. The sun is shining the birds are chirping and I smell pinball in the air.

#107 10 years ago

I'm pumped! I'll be there tomorrow and all weekend and hope to get in touch with a bunch of you all I know and some new ones to meet.

Pinball, NFL Draft and Nuggets playoffs!!! Gonna be a kick a$$ weekend!

#108 10 years ago

If anyone is loading in today, post some pics!

#109 10 years ago

As a heads up, I'm going to be running around with a camera, video camera, and taking notes. I'll be covering the show for the PinGame Journal and I'm doing pics, vids, and interviews. Should be fun.

If anybody gets some good pics that they wouldn't mind lending to the cause, get in touch with me and we can see if they can be used in my article for PGJ.

#110 10 years ago

Looking forward to attending my first pinball show tomorrow!

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from Q-Dog:

Looking forward to attending my first pinball show tomorrow!

Sadly, I can't make it this year. Enjoy the Show - it will be crazy fun (and busy).

#112 10 years ago

Here is our Games list that we are bringing. Plus 5 NIB Sterns

Avengers LE Blue
X-Men LE Magneto
Avengers Pro
AC/DC Prem
Pinbot
Dirty Harry
F-14 Tomcat
Tri Zone
Teed Off
Popeye
X-Men Pro For Tourny Room

PacMan Arcade Party Cab
Big Buck Open Season Used
Space Invators Used
Arcade Ledg 3

#113 10 years ago

I'll be there tomorrow when the doors open. I wish I didn't know about this $100 freight back to Layton Utah .... could be an expensive weekend!

#114 10 years ago

JJ is bringing a bunch of great stuff. Can't wait to get on that AC/DC Premium. Better not make me want one...

#115 10 years ago

Ha! Funny. Not want one....

Quoted from jar155:

JJ is bringing a bunch of great stuff. Can't wait to get on that AC/DC Premium. Better not make me want one...

#116 10 years ago

Well set up is almost complete. Dan managed to take over entire main level including most of the conference rooms-well done. It is bigger and better this year. Dan has also been investing in signage and AV equipment. It is really coming together nicely and looks real professional. I did start talking pinball and could of talked all night-if I didn't need to get home for dinner(;

#117 10 years ago

I will be there when doors open!! 1st one as well here

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well set up is almost complete. Dan managed to take over entire main level including most of the conference rooms-well done. It is bigger and better this year. Dan has also been investing in signage and AV equipment. It is really coming together nicely and looks real professional. I did start talking pinball and could of talked all night-if I didn't need to get home for dinner(;

I know the feeling, I stayed 2 hours longer than planned just cause I was enjoying talking Pinball

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Good Luck! I got one NIB there with me as well, and more in the warehouse.

#120 10 years ago

Just got into town.... Stoked to get goin tmrw morning. Any good bars around this tech center area?

#121 10 years ago

Tilted Kilt DTC is good.. Belview and Ulster. I have a Pac Man Battle Royal and a Golden Tee Live here.

Ummmm what else, Trying to think if any has any pinballs but I can't think of any..

#122 10 years ago

Wow-Just got back from first day of show-it was awesome. It really was overwhelming with the number of machines and the number of people-great stuff! I am kinda pissed-why? Because every time I go to a dam show I see a pinball machine that I really like and that I must have. Dammit all to hell. Now I must have a Safe Cracker. I have not played one-until today. That was a mistake. It is a really cool game-really rare and unique. It is like miniaturized? I think I could get away with putting it in my bedroom because it is so compact. I could get out of shower with my robe on and brush my teeth while I play it in mornings? My wife is shaking her head now(;

#123 10 years ago

you like that safecracker machine huh? I found it was difficult to play (tight).
see you all at the showdown

#124 10 years ago

I have a Safecracker and enjoy it. I hear it is a "love it or hate it" game. The playfield is tight, no doubt. Fairly rare, and unique. And, my wife liked it which made it easy for me to get. I am lucky. Just got back from the show. WOZ is in the house. Check out P3/Multimorphic game next to the WOZ. Have fun!

#125 10 years ago

Anybody at the show feel free to come say hi tomorrow. I'll be wearing a Real Salt Lake soccer jersey (Xango logo on the front) and hauling around a camera.

#126 10 years ago

If you're attending the show this weekend, keep an eye out for the new WH2O and SIGMA ColorDMD displays as well as one for MM!

Special thanks to Dan for organizing the demo and inviting us to send these to the show!

#127 10 years ago

Oh, this WH2O DMD?

BestRafter.jpgBestRafter.jpg

#128 10 years ago

My wife and I stood and stared at White Water color DMD for 5 minutes. I think it is really cool on White Water. It makes it pop. The Blue and white waves,etc. really are cool. I think it takes the machine over the top-dammit I want one for mine(: I am going this morning-I hope I can play some pinball instead of talking and checking out machines all day.

#129 10 years ago

Had A good time there last night. Talked to lots of people. Look forward to spending more time there tonight and tomorrow. I should be over there around 5pm today.

#130 10 years ago

Had a great time at the show on Friday and hope to go back on Sunday. Not very impressed by Avengers, but to be fair, I need to play more games on it to decide. Enjoyed the Capcom Airborne and had never seen one of those before. It's a fun show and thanks to all who brought games to it this year.

#131 10 years ago

Definitely something I want on my wh2o! Probably what I was most impressed by at the show. The MM in color looks awesome too.

The p3 is just meh for me. I did play Avengers an acdc prem for the first time. I do not like Avengers at all. Seems cheesy. I do like ADC but wish I could hear it better, too much noise from other machines to hear it.

Some really cool pins there. I too enjoyed the safecracker.

#132 10 years ago

I thoroughly enjoyed my first pin show yesterday for a full 12 hours. Safe Cracker was one of the highlights for me. I really liked the timed concept rather than ball count. I was surprised when the magic token came rolling down the glass at me after getting into the vault. I didn't like Avengers at all. It was completely devoid of any real character and just didn't have any fun factor for me. There were really a lot of nice pins that I got to play for the first time.

jar155, I played WH20 right after you posted that score at the end of the night (came no where close to that score). Nice job and nice to meet you after the fact. I had never played WH20 before and it now has to be on my short list of must have pins. The color DMDs added a nice upscale touch to it, TAF, and MM.

Thanks to the show organizers and everyone who provided machines for the show. I'm inspired to haul one to the show next year. All in all it was a great first show experience. I wish I had time to attend more than one day.

#133 10 years ago

My son and I went today for about 5 hours. He played in the kids tournament...pretty coolt that there were so many kids...2nd and 3rd place were both girls....

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#134 10 years ago

Great stuff-here are some pics....

4-13_006.JPG4-13_006.JPG 4-13_005.JPG4-13_005.JPG 4-13_008.JPG4-13_008.JPG

#135 10 years ago

more...

4-13_019.JPG4-13_019.JPG 4-13_013.JPG4-13_013.JPG 4-13_010.JPG4-13_010.JPG

#136 10 years ago

I had a great time at the show Friday afternoon and night and Saturday morning. Thank you to everyone who brought (sacrificed?) their machines - it was great to see so many fun games in one place! Highlights for me were AC/DC, Whitewater, Scared Stiff, and (wait for it) Popeye. Before I add some pictures, here's my three sentence WOZ review: I sucked at it. It was really, really good looking. It was also very loud.

Anyway, some pics. I guess for those there, these are redundant, but maybe some of the folks who missed out will enjoy them.

Line for WOZ

show1.jpgshow1.jpg show6.jpgshow6.jpg show3.jpgshow3.jpg

#137 10 years ago

Oh yeah, and three cheers for Joust!

show2.jpgshow2.jpg show4.jpgshow4.jpg show5.jpgshow5.jpg

#138 10 years ago

Safecracking

show7.jpgshow7.jpg show8.jpgshow8.jpg show11.jpgshow11.jpg

#139 10 years ago

Finally, a couple of the color DMD on Medieval. I kept missing the best graphics, but you get the idea.

show9.jpgshow9.jpg show10.jpgshow10.jpg

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Great stuff-here are some pics....

We are simultaneously photobombing pinside!

#141 10 years ago

Ha Ha- Canea-You had to wait in that line too(: I had some short ball times on WOZ. It was set to really tight tilt and legs were set pretty high. I think I tilted it 2 times. Boy does it look nice. Reminds me of wide body Williams with lift bar and side rails. It has a lot going on all over the playfield. They packed tons of things into this widebody. I kept trying to figure out where the magnets were?-my ball would just go crazy? I need more play time on it-I felt bad with such a long line. One thing I did notice was some air-bubbles in the decals by the instruction cards?

4-13_012.JPG4-13_012.JPG 4-13_011.JPG4-13_011.JPG

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Ha Ha- Canea-You had to wait in that line too(: I had some short ball times on WOZ. It was set to really tight tilt and legs were set pretty high. I think I tilted it 2 times. Boy does it look nice. Reminds me of wide body Williams with lift bar and side rails. It has a lot going on all over the playfield. They packed tons of things into this widebody. I kept trying to figure out where the magnets were?-my ball would just go crazy? I need more play time on it-I felt bad with such a long line. One thing I did notice was some air-bubbles in the decals by the instruction cards?

I got there before 9 so there wasn't much of a line. But yeah, the tilt was set way high. I watched one dude have a great game on it, but pretty much every one else was either tilting it or draining it. The toys looks really, really good on it. There was a magnet in front of the tube where the witch appears.

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I had some short ball times on WOZ

If I blinked I would have missed my game on WOZ. Beautiful machine, but I need to spend some more time on it before I can get a better feel for the game. Lots of great details.

#144 10 years ago

Pinball Showdown update:

I got there this morning just before doors opened at 9AM and had about 4 hours in the spot. Man, time flies when you are having fun at the Showdown. Early morning surprise was catching Gene Cunningham by his lonesome and talking with him for about half an hour. Gene's got stories, that's for sure.

One of my definitions of a great day is when I get to play a pinball game that never have played before. Well, I had a great day 4 times over.

Wizard of Oz - Jersey Jack Pinball
P3 - Multimorphic
Space Gambler - Playmatic
Delta Queen - Bally

I have to say that Wizard of Oz may be the best looking pinball game I have ever seen. The PF, the cab, the toys, the 2 elevated playfields. I'm not convinced that this game is a true player though. Time and programming revisions will tell what we will ultimately have in store from JJP. This game had a line of at least half a dozen people waiting to play it at all times. I played it twice and the second time, got to both upper PF's and started multiball. The "theatre" of this deck is incredible.

The P3 game is what pin2k should have been. The amount of innovation, engineering and sheer potential of this system is absolutely amazing. The line for playing this prototype of this game was criminally short. Playing this game was an absolute blast. Even the "kids" game with the shooting gallery of farm animals was an absolute joy to play. The Black Hole mode on this deck was a brilliant use of the available tools and talking to the team. Give this system to a talented designer (Nordman's up first) and see what they come up with.

Space Gambler was a really sweet surprise and played quite nicely. I really liked the "time tunnel" in the bg. Gameplay and shots were solid. Would love to play it again.

Delta Queen was a simple Bally game from the early 70's that REALLY needed to be leveled. Simple build and collect bonus with A+B targets in the middle of the PF for your double bone-us.

The videogame room was on the other side of the hotel, which was strange... but was dark, and had black lights with neon tape Pac-Man laid out on the floor.

I liked the new spot and hope that the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown has finally found a home to call its own every year.

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

I played it twice and the second time, got to both upper PF's and started multiball. The "theatre" of this deck is incredible.

I think this game was the one I was watching! I liked the way the multiballs rolled out.

#146 10 years ago

looks like I'm leaving Denver with no new machine. Text me if you want to sell your pinball for actual market value...not 25% markup 801-918-1460 Todd

#147 10 years ago

Hey Todd I know you wanted to bring home a pin this weekend and I wanted to help you get it back? Anyway-the majority of the people who brought games are Pinball machine dealers and this is thier business. That being said-the prices are retail and not wholesale-or prices that a pinsider would pay. The only few games I would consider is Universal Sales-Batman forever-I would offer him $2200-$2300. I told him to list at $2400-he decided $2800? Then Pinball Jones Harley Davidson. Kim is super cool and she will work with you? I want the Congo,TOTAN, and Safe Cracker-all not for sale): The best thing to do is work with fellow pinsiders prior to show and see what they have to sell-maybe next year right?

#148 10 years ago

pinmister please sell me your Elvis!!!

#149 10 years ago

Ha glad you liked our popeye! AC/DC has been running non stop for 3 days Straight!

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Ha glad you liked our Popeye! AC/DC has been running non stop for 3 days Straight!

Yes, thanks for bringing it! That AC/DC is definitely getting some mileage put on it. How many games does one of your machines register after a 3 day event?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
3,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Blackwood, NJ
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods
Plastics
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 179 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-mountain-pinball-showdown-official-game-list-thread/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.