(Topic ID: 320076)

Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown October 21-23, 2022

By jfh

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Are you going to the 2022 Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown?”

• Yes 16 votes
      46%
    • No 10 votes
      29%
    • Undecided 9 votes
      26%

(35 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2480 (resized).JPG
    PXL_20221023_153539055.MP (resized).jpg
    Space Station 04 (resized).jpg
    Space Station 03 (resized).jpg
    Space Station 02 (resized).jpg
    Space Station 01 (resized).jpg
    0F3031E7-A719-4265-8111-0A2AB47321E7 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2291 (resized).jpg

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 1 year ago

Email for the Rocky Mountain Pinball Show for this year received today.

The room reservation link is incorrect (it’s last year’s) though the text description is wrong.

The correct link is https://book.passkey.com/event/50367425/owner/14792819/landing/

(NOTE: I have nothing to do with the show. Just an attendee).

==========================================

Play Games. Bring Games. Stay at Festival Hotel.
    Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown and Gameroom Expo October 21-23, 2022
    Admission - buy your Oct. 2022 tickets online now
    Stay and play: Reserve your $139/night hotel room rate in the pinball festival room block NOW

Bring your games: Call Dan, 303-883-2603, for space and power reservations. First in the queue have layout preference consideration.
    >>Individuals only: 1 full-size pinball or video game ready for crowd-play = 1 three-day general admission ticket<<

Festival dates: Fri. Oct. 21 | Sat. Oct. 22 | Sun. Oct. 23
    Festival location: Marriott Denver South at Park Meadows, 10345 Park Meadows Dr., Lone Tree, CO 80124 | Near I-25 and Lincoln

Want to be an exhibitor? Space is limited. Call 303-883-2603 for details.

The festival will follow all local, county, state, and federal guidelines to ensure that the health and safety of everyone is the top priority. We look forward to seeing you October 21-23, 2022!

#2 1 year ago

I'm going to try and make it, but going from being only 5 miles away to 300 miles away from the venue is going to make that a challenge this year. Still, I encourage anyone in or around CO to check this con out, it's awesome! I really hope I can make it down though.

#3 1 year ago

Big downside is that this conflicts with Expo this year. My wife has never been on a Stern tour so we aren’t sure which we are going to this year.

#4 1 year ago

I'm signed up, and looking forward to it! This will the first pinball convention I've been to so I'm super excited for it.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Big downside is that this conflicts with Expo this year. My wife has never been on a Stern tour so we aren’t sure which we are going to this year.

Ya that just is a bad idea. Not sure we would get any other vendors or exhibitors necessarily and maybe everything is already set but definitely less likely competing with expo.

#6 1 year ago

If anyone's on the fence about going or hasn't been before, here's a video I made about last's year's expo. Again, highly recommend going if you don't live too far away.

#7 1 year ago

Am I missing it, and if it's right in front of me and I'm blind my apologies, but is there going to be a swap meet? If so, when?

Thanks,
    Jeff

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffro01: is there going to be a swap meet? If so, when?

Dan doesn’t usually post on Pinside about the show but I don’t remember any formal swap meets in previous years.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Dan doesn’t usually post on Pinside about the show but I don’t remember any formal swap meets in previous years.

I remember there being something last year that I missed but my memory is fuzzy on that... No worries, thanks!

Jeff

#10 1 year ago

I recall seeing some documentation around the event last year that there would be one on Sunday(?) morning, but I did not attend so I can't comment on it.

#11 1 year ago

There was a small swap meet last year.

Hopefully we will have a booth with 4 games for Flip A Coin arcade bar/ bite me cake company. Not sure what games yet.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Hopefully we will have a booth with 4 games for Flip A Coin arcade bar/ bite me cake company. Not sure what games yet.

Was it on Sunday? Just trying to figure out the schedule for the weekend.

Thanks,
    Jeff

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Yeah it was held by a local video game collecting group called the Colorado Classic Gamers (CCG). CCG and DRG (Denver Retro Gamers) have swap meets at various venues around Colorado about once every 3 months or so. DRG had a swap meet at The 1UP - Greenwood Village back in early July. It was amazing!

#15 1 year ago

No this was specifically for the showdown. We had like 6 people that brought things out

3 weeks later
    #16 1 year ago

For those of you that bring games, is it hard to do repairs on the floor if something simple breaks ?Also when do you need to bring them in and get them out ? Trying to sort out my plans.

Thanks,

Kenny

#17 1 year ago

The hardest part about repairing on the floor are the people that are literally trying to play the games that are off and you are working on.

Usually games can be loaded on Thursday night and Friday.

2 weeks later
    #19 1 year ago

Depending on what everyone brings. I plan to bring Stars and Centaur with Barracora, Metallica Pro or ??? as backup depending on how I feel about dragging them out of my basement. I hope to bring games I cant find at 1UP so Metallica may be out.

How about you?

#20 1 year ago

Can only make it for sun, but excited to be going!

#21 1 year ago

I was going to bring the Meteor I finished restoring this year (with the 2021 code) but I will be out of town that weekend and may only be able to attend the show on Friday.

IMG_2291 (resized).jpgIMG_2291 (resized).jpg
    #22 1 year ago

We are thinking twilight zone, theatre of magic, space station and swords of fury. Possibly stars and meteor but not sure yet

#23 1 year ago

I’m bringing whirlwind.

#24 1 year ago

Planning to do Batman 66, Avengers Infinity Quest, DE Star Wars and Funhouse.

1 week later
    #25 1 year ago

I have about 6 DMDs that I am thinking about bringing to the swap meet to sell for $75/each or 2 for $120. Several newer sterns (red or white red filter). One stern POTC orange and one Data East star wars orange. They were replaced with colorDMDs and are all 100% working.

1 week later
    #26 1 year ago

Couple weeks away and no hype or buzz at all about the show. Wtf

#27 1 year ago

Rarely is much on Pinside about this show. I'm not sure why. I A?attend about every year and plan to this year. Hope it will be better than last year. Wasn't bad but first show post Covid and seemed like attendance and number of games was down. Still it was very much fun so not meaning to sound critical.

#28 1 year ago

Never understood why they don’t want to promote/discuss here. I mention it almost every year but it never changes.

#29 1 year ago

There's a number of people in pinball that I've talked to that don't come to Pinside, actually... they've HEARD of Pinside, but don't ever come here. Either they get their information from elsewhere for a variety of reasons, or aren't forum types.

#30 1 year ago

But there are a lot of people who go to the show who are on Pinside. Seems like the biggest and best forum to promote the show.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from LynnInDenver:

There's a number of people in pinball that I've talked to that don't come to Pinside, actually... they've HEARD of Pinside, but don't ever come here. Either they get their information from elsewhere for a variety of reasons, or aren't forum types.

Virtually ignoring Pinside when you run a pinball show is an epic marketing failure.

I get that not every person that might be interested is on Pinside. But If I’m running a pinball show I’d want to get the word out in as many ways as possible and promote discussion, questions, etc. If that reaches someone that might be interested in my show they can choose to ignore it. But they aren’t going to a show they don’t know about.

You would think being in the area that that the Showdown would be my “go to” show. But it’s third behind TPF and Expo almost entirely because of Pinside.

#32 1 year ago

Is there anyone in the Broomfield area or nearby who is bringing a game or games to the show and would like to team up to help each other load and unload? I’m only bringing one game, but I'm happy to help out with as many as you happen to be bringing. My game will be an easy loadout from the ground floor, and just the step down from my door and two steps off my porch.

#33 1 year ago

Feel slight annoyance that show is less than 5 days away and at least 30 games are still unknown for those of us attending. Apologies if there's a VALID reason for this less than a week before the show, but this happens every year. Apologies if I'm offending anyone bringing a game or games. Just feels like pinball game list should be more updated currently. Still love and support this show.

#34 1 year ago

I’m only able to make it Sunday.
    But I’m looking forward to it.

#35 1 year ago

I’ll be there Sunday too. We are flying to Chicago Friday for the expo and morning flight back to Denver on Sunday to attend ours.

#36 1 year ago

I have games listed as TBD. I did not know what games they would be till this past weekend. I’m more curious as to why we have a decreasing show instead of growth.

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from Its_me_aj:

I have games listed as TBD. I did not know what games they would be till this past weekend. I’m more curious as to why we have a decreasing show instead of growth.

Yes many shows are growing this one seems to have peaked and then last year decreased. Thought maybe was due to first show since COVID but now not sure.

#38 1 year ago

Maybe its because the dates weren't confirmed until two months ago, and it conflicts with expo? Don't get me wrong I like the date, but I am sure that people plan for things like this more than two months out. Also the cost difference between attending RMPS and expo is not that much in the grand scheme of things so if that is a real choice, then Expo would win most times.

That being said I am going and bringing a game.

#39 1 year ago

I was late getting my shit together, so I just submitted two pins to bring yesterday.

#40 1 year ago

Was going to bring theatre of magic but might bring BSD instead.

#41 1 year ago

I have my centaur and stars in the garage and so far they check out as 100% working. They have lived a hard life but have brand new playfields which is why I picked them since you dont see them much on location (at least I dont)

For the veterans who have brough games. How does it work, I didnt get a response from Dan but do you show up Friday morning or setup Thursday? Who do you contact to get in ?

Thanks for any clue,

Kenny

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from number_runner:

I was late getting my shit together, so I just submitted two pins to bring yesterday.

number_runner

Ross, PeteLawtPin is giving me a hand so let us know if you want help. What are you bringing ?

#43 1 year ago

I'm bringing:
    Joust
    Fishtales
    AIQ Pro
    AIQ Premium
    Family Guy
    Indiana Jones Stern

The last four on the list will be for sale.

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from KJL:

number_runner
    Ross, PeteLawtPin is giving me a hand so let us know if you want help. What are you bringing ?

Thanks!

We are bringing NBA Fast Break and StarShip Troopers.

#45 1 year ago

Small local group of us are coming down and bringing games. Will have quite a bit of pin/vid parts for sale at the swap meet as well. Will have the following games for sale:

Judge Dredd
    Ice Fever
    Missile Command upright

#46 1 year ago

It'll be my first time in Denver and to Showdown, can't wait!! I've had such a great time being a vendor at TPF and just started venturing out of state. Southern Fried in Atlanta was similarly excellent, so I was excited to make a similar distanced drive up to Denver for the first time. Come hang out! I'll be the guy with the 3D posters handing out glasses. Safe travels, guys!

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from KJL:

For the veterans who have brough games. How does it work, I didnt get a response from Dan but do you show up Friday morning or setup Thursday? Who do you contact to get in ?

You can setup Thursday or Friday. They do want everyone to unload on the south side of the building at the loading dock. Once you get there, you can find Dan or holly and check in and see the floor map and your spot. I’m excited to play your Stars!

#48 1 year ago
    Quoted from KJL:

I have my centaur and stars in the garage and so far they check out as 100% working. They have lived a hard life but have brand new playfields which is why I picked them since you dont see them much on location (at least I dont)
    Thanks for any clue,
    Kenny

If you need help let me know. I plan on loading in Friday.

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from KJL:

...For the veterans who have brough games. How does it work, I didnt get a response from Dan but do you show up Friday morning or setup Thursday? Who do you contact to get in ?
    Thanks for any clue,
    Kenny

Check in with Dan and he'll let you know where you're placed in the venue. Then you can head around back and load in. They have carts available as needed. They'll provide power and power strips to wherever your machine(s) is. Let them know if you need something or an extra hand with getting set up. If you're having issues with your game once you try powering it on, let someone know and they may have some assistance available. Moving games and having them work 100% after a drive can be rough so people are good about trying to help figure out issues.

#50 1 year ago
    Quoted from vintageclub:

Check in with Dan and he'll let you know where you're placed in the venue. Then you can head around back and load in. They have carts available as needed. They'll provide power and power strips to wherever your machine(s) is. Let them know if you need something or an extra hand with getting set up. If you're having issues with your game once you try powering it on, let someone know and they may have some assistance available. Moving games and having them work 100% after a drive can be rough so people are good about trying to help figure out issues.

Thanks! You rock

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-mountain-pinball-showdown-october-21-23-2022 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.