(Topic ID: 82152)

Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown 2014

By jalpert

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

World Cup Soccer - PF.jpg
    Simpsons.jpg
    World Cup Soccer - BG.jpg
    Embryon.jpg
    AC-DC Luci - PF.jpg
    Banzai Run - BG.jpg
    AC-DC Luci - BG.jpg
    Banzai Run - PF.jpg
    Metallica.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    image-275.jpg
    sparky-984.jpg
    IMG_2548.JPG
    Pin Players.jpg
    Wooden Pinball.jpg
    RMPSfreebies.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 10 years ago

I'll be there. Going to do a live show/chat/seminar/clown show on Saturday for The Pinball Podcast. Prizes will be given out and awkwardness is also guaranteed.

1 week later
    #79 10 years ago

We're giving away two 2-day passes on the next episode of The Pinball Podcast. I'll bump the thread when the contest is open. They come with a shirt, some stickers, pens, and postcards as well. Thanks to Dan of RMPS for providing the prize packs.

#92 10 years ago
    Quoted from Boondocker:

I have bought glass two of the years there, wide-body and regular. Don't remember seeing it last year though?

I've bought glass there before too, but I think you're right, Gene was the only one with glass, but you had to ask for it.

#95 10 years ago

If my White Water playfield hasn't sold by then, I might bring it with me. Southwest is usually good about oversized items, and I'd mummify that thing in foam and plywood. I don't know, maybe I'll try my luck on eBay first.

Good list of tames there, ghost!

I'm flying in, but if anybody isn't opposed to shipping a game, I could be looking to buy.

#100 10 years ago
    Quoted from Chemixtry:

How long before they update the website with current info on games and pinchats? We are only a month away....

Seems that some of that is still coming together. I know that we're (The Pinball Podcast) on tap for an hour on Saturday. Planning on doing a live show of sorts and giving away some crap and bringing the awkwardness out in full force.

#102 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Is Dan going to be on the show?

Not sure. I'm hoping. We are just still planning out what we're going to do, but he might be.

#105 10 years ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

Are there any discounts for entry towards the end of the day?
    I'm arriving Friday evening and would like to play, but I don't want to pay $25 for an hour or so.

I came in late on Friday last year and just still bought the 3-day. I don't think there's any discounts for late arrival. There wasn't last year, anyway. I'll be coming in late on Friday again. Ah well.

1 week later
    #112 10 years ago

I may bring some translites for John to sign too.

1 week later
    #128 10 years ago

Some of the tournament games have been announced. It's a good draw so far! More will be announced later.

Open Tournament Games
    - Metallica Pro
    - Whitewater
    - Tron

Classic
    - Pinbot

EM
    - Captain Fantastic

#131 10 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

Better come get some time on the new MET code, Jeff.

For sure. That and I just want to come get my hands on your pins again...

#140 9 years ago

I'm going to give the tournament a good effort, but I will totally miss Friday qualifying and I have my 1 hour show on Saturday. I'll have little time to qualify, so I better be dialed in right when I show up...

#165 9 years ago
    Quoted from GimpMaster:

Has anybody from salt lake decided on driving/car pooling?

I'm flying. I actually think it's cheaper to fly if you go Southwest. I guess if you have 3-4 in a car and split gas, that could be cheaper, but the time commitment is quite a bit longer for travel.

#168 9 years ago
    Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Tru Dat. I've already spent my pin fund and I'm afraid if I end up going I'll drop another couple G's on a pin I don't need.

I've brought back many games from RMPS that were totally unplanned. But hey, I've put a FH, a DW, a RFM, and a few others into our local collections by doing so.

#186 9 years ago

I wouldn't dare to force anybody to sit through my pin chat on Saturday, but a meet up immediately after could be good. That would be Saturday at 5:00 pm when it lets out. We could get some food or something.

#201 9 years ago
    Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Please take some vid and pics of the event for us folks that aren't going to be able to attend.

I might walk around with a GoPro strapped to my chest for a bit. Nothing could look more lame, but whatever.

#210 9 years ago

Was up late working on some freebies to give away at the RMPS. I'm making them myself, so they're not amazing quality (good enough), but if people like them, I'll do a nicer image, some text, and do a proper order from a real screen shop. Anyway, I'll have plenty to give away.

RMPSfreebies.jpgRMPSfreebies.jpg

#212 9 years ago

Both great games, TX Sector and BSD. If you can bring them, that would be great, but don't kill yourself in the process.

#218 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

Leaving in 1.5 hours!

Between then and now, make sure you give Don a hard time once more about staying home.

#223 9 years ago

I'm so excited. I have a bit of work to plug through and then I'm flying out.

#235 9 years ago

So far , so good. The games are in great shape, and everybody has been really nice.

#240 9 years ago

Really fun day two. Talked to JJ in the morning and talked to several other Pinsiders and podcast listeners. For those who came to the pin chat, thank you very much. That was a great time and it was something special having John Youssi in there participating in the conversation.

#256 9 years ago

I played the crap out of Jacks Open. Thanks for bringing that. That, the Sky Jump, and Cherry Bell were my favorite EMs. Who owns that Cherry Bell and how do I convince them to sell it to me immediately?

#283 9 years ago

Hah, you caught me in the vid too...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-mountain-pinball-showdown-2014?tu=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.