(Topic ID: 82152)

Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown 2014

By jalpert

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

World Cup Soccer - PF.jpg
    Simpsons.jpg
    World Cup Soccer - BG.jpg
    Embryon.jpg
    AC-DC Luci - PF.jpg
    Banzai Run - BG.jpg
    AC-DC Luci - BG.jpg
    Banzai Run - PF.jpg
    Metallica.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    image-275.jpg
    sparky-984.jpg
    IMG_2548.JPG
    Pin Players.jpg
    Wooden Pinball.jpg
    RMPSfreebies.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hyperball91.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#144 10 years ago

Hi alb0711, I noticed that Up2L8 has an Earthshaker for sale. He's close by you in Windsor. You might wanna look him up.
    I've never been to a pinball show before, so I'm really looking forward to going and meeting some pin owners.

#157 10 years ago

You're welcome alb0711. I'm happy to hear that you and Up2L8 are working on a deal. You'll have to invite me over if/when you get it home.
    I'd love to meet lots of Springs and Denver pinheads while I'm at the show. It'll be nice to talk to pinheads again after I've been out of the scene for so long. I'll be walking around reading everyones pinside badges to see who's who. I'm an Aussie so look for the Aussie flag on my badge.

#160 10 years ago

There's a thread here on Pinside where somebody made badges for everybody. He used Adobe Illustrator and made the eps file available for all of us to modify with our own names. I made one up and it looks good. Just laminate it, put a lanyard on it and I'm good to go. I can go and find the thread if you guys haven't seen it...

#203 10 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

I am also bringing Sun Valley, Starship Troopers, and Banzai Run.

Cool! I'll be sure to come by and meet you DNO, as I haven't played a Banzai Run since the mid 90's, so I'd love to have a play on your machine.

While I think of it, for those people like me who have a GPS and prefer co-ordinates, rather than an address to drive to, head for N39 35.395 W104 52.733 which will get you to the entrance of the car-park. If anybody needs a hand to unload machines etc, I'm available to help out. I'll probably be there on Friday. It's the least I can do to show my appreciation for people bringing machines for us all to play. Cheers, Mal

#231 10 years ago

I'll be there tomorrow for my first pinball show and will be taking lots of photos. (with a real camera)
    Can't wait to see all the machines as I haven't seen a real live one for nearly 20 years!
    Good luck to the people going on Sunday, looks like there's going to be snow everywhere.

#233 10 years ago

Will do JJ. Its 7am and I'll be heading up to Denver soon

#237 10 years ago

Wow, I just got home from my first pinball show, and I had a great time. First, I'd like to thank all the owners who brought their pins along for everybody to play. Very much appreciated. There were plenty there, over 100 I'm sure. Everybody was really nice and I met quite a few people and had plenty of 2 player and 3 player games with friendly people. It was commonplace for people to ask others to join in with them. Nice.

I met JJ of Gexchange and had a quick chat to him. Thank you for the many pins you had there for people to play JJ. I met Kim and played her Haunted House after it got repaired by Ken. Nice meeting you Kim. I met RobKnapp quite by accident. Great guy. He wanted to see the LED conversion on the Lord of The Rings I was about to play as he wanted to do it on his own machine. We checked out the LED strip lighting and started talking and I was surprised to discover it was Rob I was talking to. Can't wait to come over and play all your pins Rob.

I played most of the pins there today, but I should have played Wizard of Oz when I first got there while it was quiet. After a few hours it got really busy with people everywhere and lines started forming. WoZ and the New Star Trek pin I didn't get a chance to play at all. Pity. I didn't get to play Medieval Madness either as it was quite popular. The colour DMD on both it and Tales of the Arabian Nights looked really good.

I managed to play the new Mustang pin with a few guys and it's a great table, although I think the LED's are a bit too overpowering on it though. It would be fine to play in daylight, just not in semi-darkness.

I only got to meet a couple of Pinsiders, but I'm sure a few new people will join after I told them about this forum who hadn't heard of it before. Such as Mike who had a few grand to spend on buying a new pin but couldn't decide whether he wanted a Mustang or Iron Man pin, so I played a few games on each with him to help him decide which pin he should buy. After a few games we both decided he should buy a Mustang pin. You have to invite me over to your house to play it when you get it Mike, if you ever read this.

I didn't get to meet DNO but I played several games on his Banzai Run. Thanks DNO, been 20 years since I played Banzai Run. World Cup Soccer and Cue Ball Wizard were both surprisingly fun tables to play. Of course AC/DC and Metallica were great pins to play. Mezelmods did a great LED mod on a Metallica which looked excellent, underneath as well. Forgot your names now but great to meet you guys.

In the EM room there was a cool Joust pin which was 2 sided, and boy was it popular. I didn't get a chance to play that but it looked like a lot of fun.There were probably 20 EM pins there today. I played most of them. Nice to play High Hand again which I used to own over 20 years ago. That completely wooden and pure mechanical mini pin was pretty cool. I'll attach a photo of it with this post.

All in all, a great show, although I'm almost deaf now and my feet are glad I'm finally sitting down. But I'm still looking forward to going next year again of course. And maybe other shows around the country.
    Here's a photo of just 1 of the many rows of pins before it got busy. You could barely get down that row a few hours later.
    Cheers, Mal

Wooden Pinball.jpgWooden Pinball.jpg

Pin Players.jpgPin Players.jpg

#247 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

I'll bring the women you bring the wine Mal !

haha, sounds like a party to me Rob. You're on!

Here's a few photos of some of the pins I played.

Metallica.jpgMetallica.jpg

AC-DC Luci - BG.jpgAC-DC Luci - BG.jpg

AC-DC Luci - PF.jpgAC-DC Luci - PF.jpg

Banzai Run - BG.jpgBanzai Run - BG.jpg

Banzai Run - PF.jpgBanzai Run - PF.jpg

#248 10 years ago

And here's 4 more photos of pins I played. Cheers, Mal

World Cup Soccer - BG.jpgWorld Cup Soccer - BG.jpg

World Cup Soccer - PF.jpgWorld Cup Soccer - PF.jpg

Embryon.jpgEmbryon.jpg

Simpsons.jpgSimpsons.jpg

#253 10 years ago

Yes, we do need more pin parties!

#261 10 years ago

Cool, I didn't get to play your Bride of Pinbot unfortunately, so seeing as how you're just up the road from me, I'm in Briargate, I'll have to come up to Castle Rock to meet you and play it one day.
    I'm pretty sure I played your Flash. If I had been there Sunday I would have helped people load their pins.
    I don't know Dan and Holly, but it sounds like they need kudos for putting on a great show.

#271 10 years ago

cool, and yes, great idea!

#280 10 years ago

Nice video Ron. I saw Kim at 1:29 and that's me playing DNO's Banzai Run at 3:36. I still had my jacket on. I never did get the ball up into the back glass.

1 week later
    #291 10 years ago

Yep, I woulda thanked you in person too if I had known who you were, so thank you Kev for bringing all your games. Much appreciated. I played a few of your tables, not all. TOTAN was my favourite one to play.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hyperball91.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-mountain-pinball-showdown-2014?tu=hyperball91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.