(Topic ID: 82152)

Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown 2014

By jalpert

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

World Cup Soccer - PF.jpg
    Simpsons.jpg
    World Cup Soccer - BG.jpg
    Embryon.jpg
    AC-DC Luci - PF.jpg
    Banzai Run - BG.jpg
    AC-DC Luci - BG.jpg
    Banzai Run - PF.jpg
    Metallica.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    image-275.jpg
    sparky-984.jpg
    IMG_2548.JPG
    Pin Players.jpg
    Wooden Pinball.jpg
    RMPSfreebies.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gexchange.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 10 years ago

I will plan a meet and greet like I did at expo if everyone wants. First round of drinks is on me

JJ

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Even milkshakes?

If they Sell them where ever we go =)

#38 10 years ago

I say tilted kilt or twin peaks. Leaning towards tilted

#44 10 years ago

What Night for a Meet and Greet would you guys like? Friday Night?

JJ

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from theke:

I have been to the RMPS website but for some reason from my iPad I have limited view ability. Where can I find information on signing up for the kids tournaments....maybe I can be competitive in that age bracket?? Is there a schedule posted so I know when I can/should bring the whole family? Thanks.

I dont think the events calendar has been populated yet.

JJ

#56 10 years ago

Hows does 6pm Friday Night At Tilted Kilt for the Meet and Greet with First round Bought by Game Exchange sound?

JJ

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Is that in walking distance? I might not be able to drive by 6:00 that night if the whiskeys are going down and the pinball is rocking.
    Also does anyone have tournament schedules or any idea if that has even remotely been put together yet, if I remember right a lot of the cooler tournaments that I enjoy were Friday night last year?

I'm not a big drinker so I can give people a lift if need be but no, not walking distance.

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Don't want to start a whole thing here, but that's a pretty specific choice of venue that's: not inclusive for a lot of folks, and not nearby.

Pretty close by, you might not no they made a location at Belview and Ulster. about a 5 min drive. I'm up for what ever, Twin peaks is fine. I just have a relationship with the guys at Tilted so I knew I could get an area reserved for us.

#75 10 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Anybody know when they will update the website with a list of games to play? Someone please bring a Shadow because I have yet to see one on location and would like to see what all the hype is about. Here is some other titles I'd like to see mainly because I have no or little time on, Dirty Harry, spiderman, EATPM, Champion Pub...I'm sure there's more. What else would people like to see and let's make it happen!

If I have any of those titles in I will bring them.. But If you want come down and Jam on the Spiderman on the showroom floor right now.

JJ

#83 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

How many games are you guys bringing this year?

Undecided so far.. But I would Guess 13-20? Depends on what Dan Needs Mostly. Last year I think we brought 16 plus a couple of Videos. Couple of our pins were in the tourney room though.

JJ

1 week later
    #107 10 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Does anyone know if there's likely to be a vendor there with playfield glass for sale? Would love to get some at a nice price as I've read about at some of the other shows.

I could bring some, Be easier if you ordered it from our Parts guy and I just dragged it out there for ya.

JJ

1 week later
    #124 10 years ago

So whats everyones thoughts on the Meet and greet?? Friday at 7 work?

#130 10 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

Better come get some time on the new MET code, Jeff.

I should have a met pro or a met or a met prem there.

#136 10 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

JJ you got a Mustang and/or Star Trek you are bringing?

Working on my list as we speak, but Yes Mustang Pro and ST Pro, and maybe even an ST prem

Trying to decide how many games I'm bringing this year.. I'm thinking 14-20 total including Tournament Games and a couple of video games for the video game room

#145 10 years ago
    Quoted from alb0711:

I'm coming, bringing my 17 year old son who thinks he can play pinball better then his old man. We only live 15 minutes away, so getting there is easy!
    For those of you contemplating walking to Twin Peaks, it is close - but you have to cross the I25 and Arapahoe interchange to get over there. If you can get a designated driver, you'll be better off driving.
    I have a very nice conidtion Gilligan's Island with LED that has been HUO since 1996 for trade if anyone is interested. I'm looking for an Earth Shaker.
    Allen

I can DD for people as well! Even make a couple of trips if need be

JJ

#147 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

'Might' be able to play on Sunday...
    Is anyone bringing any classic solid states from ~1981 to the show?
    -mof

I probably will.

1 week later
    #176 10 years ago

Just sent of my final game list. Looks like 16 pinballs and 4 games should be fun!

A few of the games are getting a visit from Mezel mods too, To get a bit of extra fun installed!

#187 10 years ago

I will be at our booth much more this year, so come say hi! Should have around 15-16 games in our booth. Bringing about 20 + some NIB's to deal on!

JJ

Quoted from GimpMaster:

I'm still looking for a pinsiders meetup. My flight won't be getting in until 8:17 p.m. friday night + 30-40 min drive and then check in. So I probably won't make the friday night one....
    ...anyone else interested in meeting? I would like to get to know some more fellow Utahans, for example Todd.

#205 10 years ago

If anyone needs a centeral place to meet up. Game Exchange has a large booth just inside the main doors. Feel free to use it as a meeting place. Make sure you stop and say Hi! I will be there Friday, and Sat. Sunday I have another Event so my brother Chi will be there. Feel free to give him a hard time for me! He's probably going to be a zombie because he just had his first kid a month ago =)

JJ

#207 10 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Just leave your dog in charge. Looks like he could handle the malcontents

Ha! Vegas would too! but shes not as social as I am

JJ

#220 10 years ago

We brought 20 games this year. 14 Pins for our booth for Public play. 2 For Tournament Play in the tournament room and 4 video games

O and 6 NIB games for sale.. Guess this makes 26 games we brought =)

Will be bringing some Shaker Motors with my tomorrow if anyone wants those. For Pinside $169 Picked up. General public $175

JJ

#225 10 years ago

I'm running a bit behind, but we are setup. I will see you guys around 12:30 - 1pm. If anyone needs me to bring them some parts or anything call me

303-931-3685

JJ

#230 10 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Any pics/vids, dudes? For all us unfortunate stay-at-homers? Or is everybody drinking and having a good time or something?

Sorry, I event thought about snapping some cell phone pics. Maybe tomorrow

#232 10 years ago
    Quoted from Hyperball91:

I'll be there tomorrow for my first pinball show and will be taking lots of photos. (with a real camera)
    Can't wait to see all the machines as I haven't seen a real live one for nearly 20 years!
    Good luck to the people going on Sunday, looks like there's going to be snow everywhere.

Nice come say hi!

JJ

#238 10 years ago
    Quoted from Hyperball91:

Wow, I just got home from my first pinball show, and I had a great time. First, I'd like to thank all the owners who brought their pins along for everybody to play. Very much appreciated. There were plenty there, over 100 I'm sure. Everybody was really nice and I met quite a few people and had plenty of 2 player and 3 player games with friendly people. It was commonplace for people to ask others to join in with them. Nice.
    I met JJ of Gexchange and had a quick chat to him. Thank you for the many pins you had there for people to play JJ. I met Kim and played her Haunted House after it got repaired by Ken. Nice meeting you Kim. I met RobKnapp quite by accident. Great guy. He wanted to see the LED conversion on the Lord of the Rings I was about to play as he wanted to do it on his own machine. We checked out the LED strip lighting and started talking and I was surprised to discover it was Rob I was talking to. Can't wait to come over and play all your pins Rob.
    I played most of the pins there today, but I should have played Wizard of Oz when I first got there while it was quiet. After a few hours it got really busy with people everywhere and lines started forming. WoZ and the New Star Trek pin I didn't get a chance to play at all. Pity. I didn't get to play Medieval Madness either as it was quite popular. The colour DMD on both it and Tales of the Arabian Nights looked really good.
    I managed to play the new Mustang pin with a few guys and it's a great table, although I think the LED's are a bit too overpowering on it though. It would be fine to play in daylight, just not in semi-darkness.
    I only got to meet a couple of Pinsiders, but I'm sure a few new people will join after I told them about this forum who hadn't heard of it before. Such as Mike who had a few grand to spend on buying a new pin but couldn't decide whether he wanted a Mustang or Iron Man pin, so I played a few games on each with him to help him decide which pin he should buy. After a few games we both decided he should buy a Mustang pin. You have to invite me over to your house to play it when you get it Mike, if you ever read this.
    I didn't get to meet DNO but I played several games on his Banzai Run. Thanks DNO, been 20 years since I played Banzai Run. World Cup Soccer and Cue Ball Wizard were both surprisingly fun tables to play. Of course AC/DC and Metallica were great pins to play. Mezelmods did a great LED mod on a Metallica which looked excellent, underneath as well. Forgot your names now but great to meet you guys.
    In the EM room there was a cool Joust pin which was 2 sided, and boy was it popular. I didn't get a chance to play that but it looked like a lot of fun.There were probably 20 EM pins there today. I played most of them. Nice to play High Hand again which I used to own over 20 years ago. That completely wooden and pure mechanical mini pin was pretty cool. I'll attach a photo of it with this post.
    All in all, a great show, although I'm almost deaf now and my feet are glad I'm finally sitting down. But I'm still looking forward to going next year again of course. And maybe other shows around the country.
    Here's a photo of just 1 of the many rows of pins before it got busy. You could barely get down that row a few hours later.
    Cheers, Mal

Wooden Pinball.jpg 210 KB

Pin Players.jpg 216 KB

Mal it was nice to meet you as well. Sorry I couldn't talk longer was a busy day!

I must say this years Showdown ive seen the fewest number of games broken and shut off of any expo I have gone to.. Games broke, were fixed quickly and turned back on for play. It was great to see! I had one that took me a couple of hours to find a coil for, but when I left for the day I was back to 100%! Sorry for all the trouble people had with X-men, every time I wanted to go fix it, someone was playing it. But I did fix it around 8pm

JJ

#276 10 years ago

May is going to be a good month for pinball here in Colorado =)

#284 10 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

What's happening in May? Stern's new release announcement of Iron Maiden right!

IFPA National's In Lyons

IFPA WORLDS! at Game Exchange

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gexchange.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-mountain-pinball-showdown-2014?tu=gexchange and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.