(Topic ID: 82152)

Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown 2014

By jalpert

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

World Cup Soccer - PF.jpg
    Simpsons.jpg
    World Cup Soccer - BG.jpg
    Embryon.jpg
    AC-DC Luci - PF.jpg
    Banzai Run - BG.jpg
    AC-DC Luci - BG.jpg
    Banzai Run - PF.jpg
    Metallica.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    image-275.jpg
    sparky-984.jpg
    IMG_2548.JPG
    Pin Players.jpg
    Wooden Pinball.jpg
    RMPSfreebies.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider canea.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 10 years ago

I'm coming, but haven't made any plans yet. Probably will be there Friday and Saturday and will probably bring a game for sale or trade, but I suppose we'll have another thread for that later.

Any chance we could plan a pinsiders get together like some of the other conventions have done? It would be nice to put names to faces but it's hard to do just walking around the show.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

I say tilted kilt or twin peaks. Leaning towards tilted

Either should have plenty of milkshakes.

2 weeks later
    #108 10 years ago

Wasn't sure if we needed a FS/FT thread, but thought I'd got ahead and bump this one.

I'm thinking about bringing my JM or my Junk Yard, leaning toward JM. I've had it for a year now and I'm ready to switch it up. I'd like to trade it + / - cash but would consider selling it outright. You can check out my wishlist, but I'm open to lots of stuff so send me a PM if you've got a trade idea or want more details on the JM. I hope to go home with a new game this year, so probably won't bring a game unless there's interest. Now I better go make some hotel reservations.

More pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/m6f2Q

jm2.jpgjm2.jpg

#110 10 years ago

John Youssi's going to be there - so that's pretty cool!

#119 10 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

I don't know I tried e-mailing 2 people off there before and got no response. I think most the information is way outdated.

Pretty sure the first dozen of those are from last year...

1 week later
    #151 10 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Can tickets be bought at the site? Or do they have to be prepaid?
    Reason I ask is: If the weather is bad, I'm out (driving). Don't want to fly.

You can just buy them there, daily at the door if you want. I don't think they can sell out, but someone might correct me on that.

#173 10 years ago
    Quoted from 5280wzrd:

Ill be there most of the weekend. Bringing my Flash, Bride of Pinbot, Buccaneer, and possibly Gauntlet II (for sale)

Are you bringing the BOP to play? I'd love to put some plays on it!

#198 10 years ago
    Quoted from hawkeye11:

Too bad more local collectors don't bring games, we have tons in and around Denver. I mean if you look at that list there are only 8 or 9 collectors bringing games. The rest are companies.

I'd bring mine, but understood that games in the show have to stay there until closing Sunday, which doesn't work for me since I have to leave Sunday morning to make it home. Is this how it works?

I appreciate all of the machines that people bring though. Looking forward to the Starship Troopers!

#216 10 years ago
    Quoted from Switch:

I thought about bring my High Speed down but mine are in the basement and a 10 her haul round trip is really hard especially since we are looking at driving back in the middle of a bad snow storm.

NO MORE SNOWSTORMS, goddammit.

#243 10 years ago
    Quoted from erczilla:

Had a great time, it seemed way more packed this year than last. My wife is the blond in the blue shirt.

That's me on the WCS and my wife playing WPT! Forgot to take many pictures, but I guess you got one of us.

We had a fun (quick) trip to the show and appreciated all the games. I hadn't played many of the new games - Star Trek, Mustang, and Metallica - and was glad there were so many of those. I spent a lot of time playing Metallica and can only imagine how much fun it would be if you could actually hear it. My favorite was Mousin' Around, which I played a ton of, and as per tmezel's suggestion I am going to be starting the "I don't own a Mousin' Around but I really Love it Which is I Know is Weird but Whatever Fan Club: Members Only, but Visitors Welcome!!!" thread soon. I didn't get to play Super Mario because the line was always bizarrely long. Starship Troopers was down before I could play it, and I never did get to the upper playfield in Banzai Run. Maybe next time. Joust was fantastic and we had fun trying to figure out what was going on with other players. Beautiful BSD, whoever brought that one. Of course, the Best in Show goes to JJ's Hardbody.

Bummed that I missed John Youssi, but was eating BBQ then, so I guess it evened out. We decided to bail in the afternoon as it got so busy - tried to beat the storm home, but still almost didn't make it. The last 60 miles were spent driving 30 mph guided by the posts alongside the road as we couldn't see anything else.

Anyway, woooooooooo!

#244 10 years ago

Multiball!

sparky-984.jpgsparky-984.jpg
    #279 10 years ago

Nice video. Glad I left when I did. Stupid snow.

1 week later
    #290 9 years ago

Would thank you in person if I would have known who you were, but thanks Kevin for bringing all the games. Oddly enough, Mousin' Around was my favorite too. I bet I put nearly 50 games on that one. Maybe it will see an upsurge in popularity and crack the Top 100 soon!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider canea.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-mountain-pinball-showdown-2014?tu=canea and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.