(Topic ID: 82152)

Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown 2014

By jalpert

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

World Cup Soccer - PF.jpg
    Simpsons.jpg
    World Cup Soccer - BG.jpg
    Embryon.jpg
    AC-DC Luci - PF.jpg
    Banzai Run - BG.jpg
    AC-DC Luci - BG.jpg
    Banzai Run - PF.jpg
    Metallica.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    image-275.jpg
    sparky-984.jpg
    IMG_2548.JPG
    Pin Players.jpg
    Wooden Pinball.jpg
    RMPSfreebies.jpg
    There are 296 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 10 years ago
    Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Please take some vid and pics of the event for us folks that aren't going to be able to attend.

I might walk around with a GoPro strapped to my chest for a bit. Nothing could look more lame, but whatever.

#202 10 years ago
    Quoted from canea:

I'd bring mine, but understood that games in the show have to stay there until closing Sunday, which doesn't work for me since I have to leave Sunday morning to make it home. Is this how it works?

I appreciate all of the machines that people bring though. Looking forward to the Starship Troopers!

I'm sure Dan would let ya leave early in the future if needed.

#203 10 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

I am also bringing Sun Valley, Starship Troopers, and Banzai Run.

Cool! I'll be sure to come by and meet you DNO, as I haven't played a Banzai Run since the mid 90's, so I'd love to have a play on your machine.

While I think of it, for those people like me who have a GPS and prefer co-ordinates, rather than an address to drive to, head for N39 35.395 W104 52.733 which will get you to the entrance of the car-park. If anybody needs a hand to unload machines etc, I'm available to help out. I'll probably be there on Friday. It's the least I can do to show my appreciation for people bringing machines for us all to play. Cheers, Mal

#204 10 years ago

Anybody know what date and time John Yossi will be avaialble to sign translites? I've got a Gilligan's Island that needs an autograph!

#205 10 years ago

If anyone needs a centeral place to meet up. Game Exchange has a large booth just inside the main doors. Feel free to use it as a meeting place. Make sure you stop and say Hi! I will be there Friday, and Sat. Sunday I have another Event so my brother Chi will be there. Feel free to give him a hard time for me! He's probably going to be a zombie because he just had his first kid a month ago =)

JJ

#206 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

If anyone needs a centeral place to meet up. Game Exchange has a large booth just inside the main doors. Feel free to use it as a meeting place. Make sure you stop and say Hi! I will be there Friday, and Sat. Sunday I have another Event so my brother Chi will be there. Feel free to give him a hard time for me! He's probably going to be a zombie because he just had his first kid a month ago =)
    JJ

Just leave your dog in charge. Looks like he could handle the malcontents

#207 10 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Just leave your dog in charge. Looks like he could handle the malcontents

Ha! Vegas would too! but shes not as social as I am

JJ

#208 10 years ago
    Quoted from alb0711:

Anybody know what date and time John Yossi will be avaialble to sign translites? I've got a Gilligan's Island that needs an autograph!

Saturday he will be there most of the day. I think he is doing a chat at 1pm??

#209 10 years ago

Will MMR be making an appearance?

#210 10 years ago

Was up late working on some freebies to give away at the RMPS. I'm making them myself, so they're not amazing quality (good enough), but if people like them, I'll do a nicer image, some text, and do a proper order from a real screen shop. Anyway, I'll have plenty to give away.

RMPSfreebies.jpgRMPSfreebies.jpg

#211 10 years ago

I will be bringing BSD if i can finish my shop job today and TX Sector for something different(great 80s cheesy sound). I used to bring a lot more but back issues and just moving games all year round as my business has made me slow down considerably . Hope to see you all there and come play at Lyons Classic Pinball year round if you can make it to the show. We have had Banzai Run since the day we opened 11 years ago.

#212 10 years ago

Both great games, TX Sector and BSD. If you can bring them, that would be great, but don't kill yourself in the process.

#213 10 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I might walk around with a GoPro strapped to my chest for a bit. Nothing could look more lame, but whatever.

I am actually planning on having mine strapped to me as well so if you want any of my footage just let me know.

#214 10 years ago
    Quoted from canea:

I'd bring mine, but understood that games in the show have to stay there until closing Sunday, which doesn't work for me since I have to leave Sunday morning to make it home. Is this how it works?
    I appreciate all of the machines that people bring though. Looking forward to the Starship Troopers!

I thought about bring my high speed down but mine are in the basement and a 10 her haul round trip is really hard especially since we are looking at driving back in the middle of a bad snow storm. Maybe as my small collection grows I can help out more and bring some games or donate my back to help setup. Thanks to everyone bringing games

#215 10 years ago

I doubt that's going to be a really bad snow storm. It's still supposed to be 41 degrees Sunday.

Quoted from Switch:

especially since we are looking at driving back in the middle of a bad snow storm.

#216 10 years ago
    Quoted from Switch:

I thought about bring my High Speed down but mine are in the basement and a 10 her haul round trip is really hard especially since we are looking at driving back in the middle of a bad snow storm.

NO MORE SNOWSTORMS, goddammit.

#218 10 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

Leaving in 1.5 hours!

Between then and now, make sure you give Don a hard time once more about staying home.

#219 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I doubt that's going to be a really bad snow storm. It's still supposed to be 41 degrees Sunday.

There for casting 4-8" in central wyoming. I hope there wrong.......

#220 10 years ago

We brought 20 games this year. 14 Pins for our booth for Public play. 2 For Tournament Play in the tournament room and 4 video games

O and 6 NIB games for sale.. Guess this makes 26 games we brought =)

Will be bringing some Shaker Motors with my tomorrow if anyone wants those. For Pinside $169 Picked up. General public $175

JJ

#221 10 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Between then and now, make sure you give Don a hard time once more about staying home.

Ryan, too.

#222 10 years ago

Just got here not long ago, everything looks great, setup well and tons of games. I'm excited for the weekend!

#223 10 years ago

I'm so excited. I have a bit of work to plug through and then I'm flying out.

#224 10 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Just got here not long ago, everything looks great, setup well and tons of games. I'm excited for the weekend!

I thought it opened at 11! Heading out now ...

#225 10 years ago

I'm running a bit behind, but we are setup. I will see you guys around 12:30 - 1pm. If anyone needs me to bring them some parts or anything call me

303-931-3685

JJ

#226 10 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Look for me tonight...I'll be showing up around 5ish wearing a blue zippered sweatshirt over a brown t-shirt with yellow letters: "To Err is Human, to Arr is Pirate".

Will be there the second half of Saturday also.

#227 10 years ago

Can't wait to get there!

#228 10 years ago

I'm here having a good time despite a flat tire and a spring cold that made me turn in a 9:30

#229 10 years ago

Any pics/vids, dudes? For all us unfortunate stay-at-homers? Or is everybody drinking and having a good time or something?

#230 10 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Any pics/vids, dudes? For all us unfortunate stay-at-homers? Or is everybody drinking and having a good time or something?

Sorry, I event thought about snapping some cell phone pics. Maybe tomorrow

#231 10 years ago

I'll be there tomorrow for my first pinball show and will be taking lots of photos. (with a real camera)
    Can't wait to see all the machines as I haven't seen a real live one for nearly 20 years!
    Good luck to the people going on Sunday, looks like there's going to be snow everywhere.

#232 10 years ago
    Quoted from Hyperball91:

I'll be there tomorrow for my first pinball show and will be taking lots of photos. (with a real camera)
    Can't wait to see all the machines as I haven't seen a real live one for nearly 20 years!
    Good luck to the people going on Sunday, looks like there's going to be snow everywhere.

Nice come say hi!

JJ

#233 10 years ago

Will do JJ. Its 7am and I'll be heading up to Denver soon

#234 10 years ago

I will be here all day today/tomorrow. Likely wearing my red "Drink Wisconsinbly" shirt or my black "The Dude Abides" shirt and most likely a red, 'W'(Wisconsin Badgers) visor. Feel free to say hello.

Bryan

#235 10 years ago

So far , so good. The games are in great shape, and everybody has been really nice.

#236 10 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

So far , so good. The games are in great shape, and everybody has been really nice.

So bummed I couldn't be there. Have fun!!

#237 10 years ago

Wow, I just got home from my first pinball show, and I had a great time. First, I'd like to thank all the owners who brought their pins along for everybody to play. Very much appreciated. There were plenty there, over 100 I'm sure. Everybody was really nice and I met quite a few people and had plenty of 2 player and 3 player games with friendly people. It was commonplace for people to ask others to join in with them. Nice.

I met JJ of Gexchange and had a quick chat to him. Thank you for the many pins you had there for people to play JJ. I met Kim and played her Haunted House after it got repaired by Ken. Nice meeting you Kim. I met RobKnapp quite by accident. Great guy. He wanted to see the LED conversion on the Lord of The Rings I was about to play as he wanted to do it on his own machine. We checked out the LED strip lighting and started talking and I was surprised to discover it was Rob I was talking to. Can't wait to come over and play all your pins Rob.

I played most of the pins there today, but I should have played Wizard of Oz when I first got there while it was quiet. After a few hours it got really busy with people everywhere and lines started forming. WoZ and the New Star Trek pin I didn't get a chance to play at all. Pity. I didn't get to play Medieval Madness either as it was quite popular. The colour DMD on both it and Tales of the Arabian Nights looked really good.

I managed to play the new Mustang pin with a few guys and it's a great table, although I think the LED's are a bit too overpowering on it though. It would be fine to play in daylight, just not in semi-darkness.

I only got to meet a couple of Pinsiders, but I'm sure a few new people will join after I told them about this forum who hadn't heard of it before. Such as Mike who had a few grand to spend on buying a new pin but couldn't decide whether he wanted a Mustang or Iron Man pin, so I played a few games on each with him to help him decide which pin he should buy. After a few games we both decided he should buy a Mustang pin. You have to invite me over to your house to play it when you get it Mike, if you ever read this.

I didn't get to meet DNO but I played several games on his Banzai Run. Thanks DNO, been 20 years since I played Banzai Run. World Cup Soccer and Cue Ball Wizard were both surprisingly fun tables to play. Of course AC/DC and Metallica were great pins to play. Mezelmods did a great LED mod on a Metallica which looked excellent, underneath as well. Forgot your names now but great to meet you guys.

In the EM room there was a cool Joust pin which was 2 sided, and boy was it popular. I didn't get a chance to play that but it looked like a lot of fun.There were probably 20 EM pins there today. I played most of them. Nice to play High Hand again which I used to own over 20 years ago. That completely wooden and pure mechanical mini pin was pretty cool. I'll attach a photo of it with this post.

All in all, a great show, although I'm almost deaf now and my feet are glad I'm finally sitting down. But I'm still looking forward to going next year again of course. And maybe other shows around the country.
    Here's a photo of just 1 of the many rows of pins before it got busy. You could barely get down that row a few hours later.
    Cheers, Mal

Wooden Pinball.jpgWooden Pinball.jpg

Pin Players.jpgPin Players.jpg

#238 10 years ago
    Quoted from Hyperball91:

Wow, I just got home from my first pinball show, and I had a great time. First, I'd like to thank all the owners who brought their pins along for everybody to play. Very much appreciated. There were plenty there, over 100 I'm sure. Everybody was really nice and I met quite a few people and had plenty of 2 player and 3 player games with friendly people. It was commonplace for people to ask others to join in with them. Nice.
    I met JJ of Gexchange and had a quick chat to him. Thank you for the many pins you had there for people to play JJ. I met Kim and played her Haunted House after it got repaired by Ken. Nice meeting you Kim. I met RobKnapp quite by accident. Great guy. He wanted to see the LED conversion on the Lord of the Rings I was about to play as he wanted to do it on his own machine. We checked out the LED strip lighting and started talking and I was surprised to discover it was Rob I was talking to. Can't wait to come over and play all your pins Rob.
    I played most of the pins there today, but I should have played Wizard of Oz when I first got there while it was quiet. After a few hours it got really busy with people everywhere and lines started forming. WoZ and the New Star Trek pin I didn't get a chance to play at all. Pity. I didn't get to play Medieval Madness either as it was quite popular. The colour DMD on both it and Tales of the Arabian Nights looked really good.
    I managed to play the new Mustang pin with a few guys and it's a great table, although I think the LED's are a bit too overpowering on it though. It would be fine to play in daylight, just not in semi-darkness.
    I only got to meet a couple of Pinsiders, but I'm sure a few new people will join after I told them about this forum who hadn't heard of it before. Such as Mike who had a few grand to spend on buying a new pin but couldn't decide whether he wanted a Mustang or Iron Man pin, so I played a few games on each with him to help him decide which pin he should buy. After a few games we both decided he should buy a Mustang pin. You have to invite me over to your house to play it when you get it Mike, if you ever read this.
    I didn't get to meet DNO but I played several games on his Banzai Run. Thanks DNO, been 20 years since I played Banzai Run. World Cup Soccer and Cue Ball Wizard were both surprisingly fun tables to play. Of course AC/DC and Metallica were great pins to play. Mezelmods did a great LED mod on a Metallica which looked excellent, underneath as well. Forgot your names now but great to meet you guys.
    In the EM room there was a cool Joust pin which was 2 sided, and boy was it popular. I didn't get a chance to play that but it looked like a lot of fun.There were probably 20 EM pins there today. I played most of them. Nice to play High Hand again which I used to own over 20 years ago. That completely wooden and pure mechanical mini pin was pretty cool. I'll attach a photo of it with this post.
    All in all, a great show, although I'm almost deaf now and my feet are glad I'm finally sitting down. But I'm still looking forward to going next year again of course. And maybe other shows around the country.
    Here's a photo of just 1 of the many rows of pins before it got busy. You could barely get down that row a few hours later.
    Cheers, Mal

Wooden Pinball.jpg 210 KB

Pin Players.jpg 216 KB

Mal it was nice to meet you as well. Sorry I couldn't talk longer was a busy day!

I must say this years Showdown ive seen the fewest number of games broken and shut off of any expo I have gone to.. Games broke, were fixed quickly and turned back on for play. It was great to see! I had one that took me a couple of hours to find a coil for, but when I left for the day I was back to 100%! Sorry for all the trouble people had with X-men, every time I wanted to go fix it, someone was playing it. But I did fix it around 8pm

JJ

#239 10 years ago
    Quoted from Hyperball91:

Can't wait to come over and play all your pins Rob.

I'll bring the women you bring the wine Mal !

#240 10 years ago

Really fun day two. Talked to JJ in the morning and talked to several other Pinsiders and podcast listeners. For those who came to the pin chat, thank you very much. That was a great time and it was something special having John Youssi in there participating in the conversation.

#241 10 years ago

Dan and Holly - you did a GREAT job! Absolutely fantastic show and great use of the space available to you.

#242 10 years ago

Had a great time, it seemed way more packed this year than last. My wife is the blond in the blue shirt.

IMG_2548.JPGIMG_2548.JPG
    #243 10 years ago
    Quoted from erczilla:

Had a great time, it seemed way more packed this year than last. My wife is the blond in the blue shirt.

That's me on the WCS and my wife playing WPT! Forgot to take many pictures, but I guess you got one of us.

We had a fun (quick) trip to the show and appreciated all the games. I hadn't played many of the new games - Star Trek, Mustang, and Metallica - and was glad there were so many of those. I spent a lot of time playing Metallica and can only imagine how much fun it would be if you could actually hear it. My favorite was Mousin' Around, which I played a ton of, and as per tmezel's suggestion I am going to be starting the "I don't own a Mousin' Around but I really Love it Which is I Know is Weird but Whatever Fan Club: Members Only, but Visitors Welcome!!!" thread soon. I didn't get to play Super Mario because the line was always bizarrely long. Starship Troopers was down before I could play it, and I never did get to the upper playfield in Banzai Run. Maybe next time. Joust was fantastic and we had fun trying to figure out what was going on with other players. Beautiful BSD, whoever brought that one. Of course, the Best in Show goes to JJ's Hardbody.

Bummed that I missed John Youssi, but was eating BBQ then, so I guess it evened out. We decided to bail in the afternoon as it got so busy - tried to beat the storm home, but still almost didn't make it. The last 60 miles were spent driving 30 mph guided by the posts alongside the road as we couldn't see anything else.

Anyway, woooooooooo!

#244 10 years ago

Multiball!

sparky-984.jpgsparky-984.jpg
    #245 10 years ago

image-1.jpgimage-1.jpgimage-275.jpgimage-275.jpgIt was indeed a great show! I had the best games of my life on MET and SM there. My favorites were IM and SM right next to each other and the modded out MET, plus it helped they were set up very nice. Wish I was going today as the weather will probably keep a lot of people home, but I'm pinned out for a while.

#246 10 years ago

I had the game of my life on that same Metallica: ~80m. Saw someone put up over 100m in a tournament game on it too. Must have been playing easy? Some other players told me they thought it was slower than the other ones in the corner.

Super fun though - so tricked out. And it was in a spot where a crowd would start gathering whenever someone was having a good game.

#247 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

I'll bring the women you bring the wine Mal !

haha, sounds like a party to me Rob. You're on!

Here's a few photos of some of the pins I played.

Metallica.jpgMetallica.jpg

AC-DC Luci - BG.jpgAC-DC Luci - BG.jpg

AC-DC Luci - PF.jpgAC-DC Luci - PF.jpg

Banzai Run - BG.jpgBanzai Run - BG.jpg

Banzai Run - PF.jpgBanzai Run - PF.jpg

#248 10 years ago

And here's 4 more photos of pins I played. Cheers, Mal

World Cup Soccer - BG.jpgWorld Cup Soccer - BG.jpg

World Cup Soccer - PF.jpgWorld Cup Soccer - PF.jpg

Embryon.jpgEmbryon.jpg

Simpsons.jpgSimpsons.jpg

#249 10 years ago

Didn't make it this year, but you can feel the enthusiasm from everyone here. We are so spoiled here that you sometimes forget the wide eyed wonder of the first pinball show or playing a machine you haven't played in years and years.

#250 10 years ago

Audit time.

Jacks Open - 695
    Ice Revue - 360 (Tourney game)

There are 296 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-mountain-pinball-showdown-2014/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.