(Topic ID: 82152)

Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown 2014

By jalpert

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

World Cup Soccer - PF.jpg
    Simpsons.jpg
    World Cup Soccer - BG.jpg
    Embryon.jpg
    AC-DC Luci - PF.jpg
    Banzai Run - BG.jpg
    AC-DC Luci - BG.jpg
    Banzai Run - PF.jpg
    Metallica.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    image-275.jpg
    sparky-984.jpg
    IMG_2548.JPG
    Pin Players.jpg
    Wooden Pinball.jpg
    RMPSfreebies.jpg
    There are 296 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 10 years ago

Is Dan going to be on the show?

Quoted from jar155:

Seems that some of that is still coming together. I know that we're (The Pinball Podcast) on tap for an hour on Saturday. Planning on doing a live show of sorts and giving away some crap and bringing the awkwardness out in full force.

#102 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Is Dan going to be on the show?

Not sure. I'm hoping. We are just still planning out what we're going to do, but he might be.

#103 10 years ago

Are there any discounts for entry towards the end of the day?

I'm arriving Friday evening and would like to play, but I don't want to pay $25 for an hour or so.

#104 10 years ago

I think the only discounts are for a 3 day pass. $25/day. $65 for 3 day pass.

I would talk to someone when you show up, maybe they'll handle it for you.

Quoted from Allibaster:

I'm arriving Friday evening and would like to play, but I don't want to pay $25 for an hour or so.

#105 10 years ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

I came in late on Friday last year and just still bought the 3-day. I don't think there's any discounts for late arrival. There wasn't last year, anyway. I'll be coming in late on Friday again. Ah well.

#106 10 years ago

Anyone near the show looking to sell a Twister?

#107 10 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Does anyone know if there's likely to be a vendor there with playfield glass for sale? Would love to get some at a nice price as I've read about at some of the other shows.

I could bring some, Be easier if you ordered it from our Parts guy and I just dragged it out there for ya.

JJ

#108 10 years ago

Wasn't sure if we needed a FS/FT thread, but thought I'd got ahead and bump this one.

I'm thinking about bringing my JM or my Junk Yard, leaning toward JM. I've had it for a year now and I'm ready to switch it up. I'd like to trade it + / - cash but would consider selling it outright. You can check out my wishlist, but I'm open to lots of stuff so send me a PM if you've got a trade idea or want more details on the JM. I hope to go home with a new game this year, so probably won't bring a game unless there's interest. Now I better go make some hotel reservations.

More pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/m6f2Q

jm2.jpgjm2.jpg

#109 10 years ago

Looks like the website has been updated with a schedule.

#110 10 years ago

John Youssi's going to be there - so that's pretty cool!

#111 10 years ago

I'm bringing my TZ, RS, and FH translites!

#112 10 years ago

I may bring some translites for John to sign too.

#113 10 years ago

Still no pinchats on how to play pinball or pinball skills. Seems so obvious.

#114 10 years ago
    Quoted from canea:

John Youssi's going to be there - so that's pretty cool!

I'll have to see if he will sign my BOP I'm bringing.

#115 10 years ago

I think we need to start a separate thread for games FS/FT at the show sometime soon. If someone doesn't do one soon I will start it within a week.

It appears I had a potential sale on my CSI but not sure it is going to happen so it looks like I will have that available for sale or trade. Really nice shape overall, I will get details posted in the FS/FT thread but anyone can message me in the meantime for them.

#116 10 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

I think we need to start a separate thread for games FS/FT at the show sometime soon. If someone doesn't do one soon I will start it within a week.
    It appears I had a potential sale on my CSI but not sure it is going to happen so it looks like I will have that available for sale or trade. Really nice shape overall, I will get details posted in the FS/FT thread but anyone can message me in the meantime for them.

There is the RMPS classified:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AibT_dDBqlNfdDZsUVZ1V0xRaE1JTUJWa3hZSDMxdmc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

I don't know how much action it sees though. I'm looking for a Baywatch, Batman Forever, or Who Dunnit if anyone is selling.

#117 10 years ago

Hey Chemixtry, how are you liking that JM? Hope to see you in Denver.

#118 10 years ago
    Quoted from Chemixtry:

There is the RMPS classified:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AibT_dDBqlNfdDZsUVZ1V0xRaE1JTUJWa3hZSDMxdmc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

I don't know how much action it sees though. I'm looking for a Baywatch, Batman Forever, or WHO dunnit if anyone is selling.

I don't know I tried e-mailing 2 people off there before and got no response. I think most the information is way outdated.

#119 10 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

I don't know I tried e-mailing 2 people off there before and got no response. I think most the information is way outdated.

Pretty sure the first dozen of those are from last year...

#120 10 years ago

so lets update it... /I put 2014 on mine and yours too

#121 10 years ago
    Quoted from toddsolus:

so lets update it... /I put 2014 on mine and yours too

Good idea... fixed.

#122 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Still no pinchats on how to play pinball or pinball skills. Seems so obvious.

The problem with this, is that the tournament schedule is pretty non-stop. Then throw in qualifying, bullshitting, and trying to get some food and rest.
    There isn't much time left for the Players to go give a seminar.
    Plus, the seminar would probly take Players from the qualifying, thus lowering the $$$ coming in.
    It was talked about last year, but nothing ever materialized.

I would recommend playing in the draw your partner tourney, or just hanging/playing in the other tournaments/tournament areas. And pick up some tips and tricks there.

#123 10 years ago

Ok I started an Official FS/FT thread. I just sold my JP so might be in the marked for a new pin while I'm down there. Lets see what you guys are bringing!!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-rocky-mountain-pinball-showdown-fsft-thread#post-1545303

#124 10 years ago

So whats everyones thoughts on the Meet and greet?? Friday at 7 work?

#125 10 years ago

Im down for that

#126 10 years ago

I'm in for all 3 days. Appreciate the meet and greet offer from GEX. What's the official when/where on that? Would people be more likely to attend if it was in the hotel bar? (I assume they have one)

#127 10 years ago

The quick draw tournament is at 9pm and pretty popular I think so 7pm isn't a bad time for about 90 minutes.

Quoted from Gexchange:

So whats everyones thoughts on the Meet and greet?? Friday at 7 work?

#128 10 years ago

Some of the tournament games have been announced. It's a good draw so far! More will be announced later.

Open Tournament Games
    - Metallica Pro
    - Whitewater
    - Tron

Classic
    - Pinbot

EM
    - Captain Fantastic

#129 10 years ago

Better come get some time on the new MET code, Jeff.

#130 10 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

I should have a met pro or a met or a met prem there.

#131 10 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

For sure. That and I just want to come get my hands on your pins again...

#132 10 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

For sure. That and I just want to come get my hands on your pins again...

GrouchoEyebrows.gifGrouchoEyebrows.gif

#133 10 years ago

You're still high score #4 on AC/DC, but that's about it.

#134 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

I should have a met pro or a met or a met prem there.

JJ you got a Mustang and/or Star Trek you are bringing?

#135 10 years ago

First time going to a show. Hoping to be there Saturday. Does anyone know if Rick is bringing the MMr's? Will Predator or P3 be there?

#136 10 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

JJ you got a Mustang and/or Star Trek you are bringing?

Working on my list as we speak, but Yes Mustang Pro and ST Pro, and maybe even an ST prem

Trying to decide how many games I'm bringing this year.. I'm thinking 14-20 total including Tournament Games and a couple of video games for the video game room

#137 10 years ago

We have secured a booth for MEZELmods. Gotta see the schedule to see if we can make the meet and greet.

#138 10 years ago

It was really cool to have folks with their pinside stickers on the shirts. Anybody doing this. Maybe we can use my booth for the pickup site.

#139 10 years ago

whitewater is a machine for the main tourney? yikes, I have like 10 games played on that one.......

but, I have owned a tron for 3 years...lol

#140 10 years ago

I'm going to give the tournament a good effort, but I will totally miss Friday qualifying and I have my 1 hour show on Saturday. I'll have little time to qualify, so I better be dialed in right when I show up...

#141 10 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

We have secured a booth for MEZELmods. Gotta see the schedule to see if we can make the meet and greet.

Awesome excited to meet up, Ill come visit.

#142 10 years ago

I'm coming, bringing my 17 year old son who thinks he can play pinball better then his old man. We only live 15 minutes away, so getting there is easy!

For those of you contemplating walking to Twin Peaks, it is close - but you have to cross the I25 and Arapahoe interchange to get over there. If you can get a designated driver, you'll be better off driving.

I have a very nice conidtion Gilligan's Island with LED that has been HUO since 1996 for trade if anyone is interested. I'm looking for an Earth Shaker.

Allen

#143 10 years ago

Probably not going this year. Are tickets available? What about entries into a tournament?

If the weather in the mountains is s****y, definitely won't want to go--no reason to risk life/limb/huge door dents on I-70 for a pinball show. Todd's probably got the right idea with train tickets.

#144 10 years ago

Hi alb0711, I noticed that Up2L8 has an Earthshaker for sale. He's close by you in Windsor. You might wanna look him up.
    I've never been to a pinball show before, so I'm really looking forward to going and meeting some pin owners.

#145 10 years ago
    Quoted from alb0711:

I'm coming, bringing my 17 year old son who thinks he can play pinball better then his old man. We only live 15 minutes away, so getting there is easy!
    For those of you contemplating walking to Twin Peaks, it is close - but you have to cross the I25 and Arapahoe interchange to get over there. If you can get a designated driver, you'll be better off driving.
    I have a very nice conidtion Gilligan's Island with LED that has been HUO since 1996 for trade if anyone is interested. I'm looking for an Earth Shaker.
    Allen

I can DD for people as well! Even make a couple of trips if need be

JJ

#146 10 years ago

'Might' be able to play on Sunday...
    Is anyone bringing any classic solid states from ~1981 to the show?
    -mof

#147 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

'Might' be able to play on Sunday...
    Is anyone bringing any classic solid states from ~1981 to the show?
    -mof

I probably will.

#148 10 years ago

it's silly to purchase the 3 day pass, even if you will be there for 3 days IMO. you save like 10 bucks??? plus, it seems like you don't even get any real time on the machines you want to play because there are so many people that attend the event. I think I only paid for one day last year out of the 3 I was there, just chilled and did the side tourneys.

#149 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

it's silly to purchase the 3 day pass, even if you will be there for 3 days IMO. you save like 10 bucks??? plus, it seems like you don't even get any real time on the machines you want to play because there are so many people that attend the event. I think I only paid for one day last year out of the 3 I was there, just chilled and did the side tourneys.

Can tickets be bought at the site? Or do they have to be prepaid?

Reason I ask is: If the weather is bad, I'm out (driving). Don't want to fly.

#150 10 years ago

Someone bring The Shadow please. I have heard great things about this pin and have not seen it anywhere. Thanks!

There are 296 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-mountain-pinball-showdown-2014/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.