(Topic ID: 42888)

Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown 2013

By tpellowe

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider q-dog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 11 years ago

Looking forward to making this my first pinball show.

1 week later
    #52 11 years ago

Don't forget Ikea around the corner as well. On second thought, scratch that. If she buys anything at Ikea there won't be room for pins on the way home.

1 month later
    #123 10 years ago

Of some of the machines that I had never played, the game that I found surprisingly more fun than I anticipated was WOF. I was ready not to like it, but found myself playing many games on it and stopping to play it when passing buy on multiple occasions. It helped that it almost never was busy. I could never hit that skill shot. It was a fun way to wait for TOTAN to free up.

I found that FT wasn't as much fun as I was expecting, although I expect it would have been better if I could have heard it. The machines around it were much louder and drowned it out. The headphones on some games really helped in that environment, although it kind of removed the social aspects of the show. The FT outlanes were ball hungry and the lightning flippers took a little getting used to. I'll have to give FT another chance some other time and place.

#126 10 years ago
    Quoted from vcloverjr:

Did you know the rules?

I had a good enough understanding of the rules as I had watched the PAPA tutorial recently in preparation for the show. I really think the noise kept me from experiencing it where I could give it a fair evaluation.

I was very grateful to have the rules for Safe Cracker explained to me by a nice pinhead at the show as I really got into that game. Without a brief tutorial that game could have been very confusing. I definitely want that game now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider q-dog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-mountain-pinball-showdown-2013?tu=q-dog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.