(Topic ID: 42888)

Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown 2013

By tpellowe

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 11 years ago

Hey Tom, I'll be there. Maybe one day I'll actually get to meet you.

#32 11 years ago

Dan / Nicole Nikolich.

[email protected]

303-938-9889
    303-883-2603

He's really getting the word out early this year, I'm sure it'll pay off. Do what you can!

Quoted from Gexchange:

Who would one get in contact with if they wanted to help bring some games/sponsor?

#45 11 years ago

Bennett: Vegas will be there after the show

#49 11 years ago

Park Meadows Mall is 5 minutes away and very very nice! Also, 15 minutes up I-25 are the Castle Rock Outlets if she's into outlet shopping. My wife is always getting 20% off coupons for the Coach store, let me know and I'll ask here where she's getting them. I think they hand them out in the store as well. That should make her VERY happy if she's into it.

Quoted from canea:

The wife has noticed that there are malls nearby so my attendance has been greenlighted! Woohoo!

I hope someone is bringing a pin to sell me that I can sneak past her and into the truck?

I'd say 95%. The only exception being a tournament area that's reserved for tournament players. At the RMPS it's pretty small, only 7-8 games I believe but maybe someone who knows better can answer. There should be at least 100 games on free play. You won't pay for any.

Quoted from toddsolus:

I have never been to a pinball show....I assume all games are set to free play?

#51 11 years ago

If Nordstroms is her bag, she's all set.

Quoted from canea:

Cool, thank you for the tip. I suspect she will crash headlong into Nordstroms and not been seen for 24 hours...

#65 11 years ago

I agree with bemmett. You're trying to help, and he's not responding and that sucks. But it's not about him, it's about pinball.

I've taken games for sale to the show before. The #1 question I get asked is can I deliver and setup. My answer to that is no, but that kind of thing is up your alley.

The booths are cheap (relatively speaking), you have the resources, I think it might be a win-win if you can support the show and drum up some business at the same time.

Quoted from Gexchange:

I send Dan an Email but have gotten no reply.. Would love to bring some pinballs, and maybe even do a booth. O well.

1 week later
    #76 11 years ago

Anyone plan on bringing games? I brought the last couple of years, but I'm just too busy this year.

#82 11 years ago

It'll be interesting to see how the new venue works out. Seems like venues only last a couple of years.

Just FYI for those guys flying in, there is an IHOP adjacent to the hotel if the hotel food is too expensive. Last year was nice because there was a BK, Chinese, outback, and BBQ joint close.

Of course, lots of food close but it helps when you can walk, especially since not everyone will have a car.

#84 11 years ago

Anything we might be able to help with?

Quoted from Gexchange:

I have some logistical issues to deal with.

#87 11 years ago

Have you looked into a cargo van instead of a mini van? They usually run cheaper and are way better for hauling pins. I typically use Enterprise.

Quoted from toddsolus:

So. Renting a one way mini van is economically prohibitive so I could rent a uhaul to come back to SLC with. So I need some partners that want me to haul stuff back to SLC. It is 378.00 for the rental and 120.00 for gas I can fit probably at least 3 machines on their legs pm me if you have any interest in this

#96 11 years ago

Dan is really good about this. Sometimes games that sell do find their way out the door, but I'd say at least 85% of the games will be present at 4:59pm Sunday. Obviously a certain percentage will break as well, but Sunday is not a problem for you.

Quoted from hudson2212:

Quick question for those who have been in the past, how are things at the show on Sunday? I was supposed to go with a friend, but he can only go on Sunday. I am hesitant to wait for him because I have a concern about getting down there just to watch everybody tearing down to go home.

Thanks.

2 weeks later
    #104 10 years ago

And wear comfortable shoes... lots of standing.

Quoted from HighNoon:

You'll love it! Just be prepared to be TIRED out by the end of the weekend.

#115 10 years ago

A pinball show is not the typical venue for blow out prices. Usually, there isn't much for sale. This year there is very very little. Most of what's for sale are from retailers, I'm assuming that's what you're referring to by 20% too high.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-mountain-pinball-showdown-2013?tu=jalpert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.