(Topic ID: 42888)

Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown 2013

By tpellowe

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 10 years ago

Look Forward to seeing you guys. Couple of things. First Remember you guys as pinside members get better pricing then the general public so if you want a price on something from me at the show please let me know when you ask that you are a pinside Member.

Second, I am trying to remember to bring my box of flyers, if you want any stop by and see me, there is no cost since there is no postage so come buy a pick up a few is you want them

I will be there Sat late Afternoon/Evening for a while and most of Sunday afternoon/Evening we have a booth right inside the entrance and will have games lined up for play in our booth we are bringing a full 26' truck load plus maybe even an over flow load. I think its 12 pinballs + one for the tourny and 4 video games.

Look forward to meeting you all, Wish I could spend more time there but I am the only Sales guy in town, My old Man is on Vacation and my brother is working a show in Vegas for us.

JJ

#102 10 years ago

O and If you need me to run you out some parts let me know I will be coming from the office Saturday leaving around 4pm

303-931-3685 is my cell

JJ

#103 10 years ago
    Quoted from Skybug:

Cool! I'm excited. My first show ever!!

You'll love it! Just be prepared to be TIRED out by the end of the weekend.

--Luke

#104 10 years ago

And wear comfortable shoes... lots of standing.

Quoted from HighNoon:

You'll love it! Just be prepared to be TIRED out by the end of the weekend.

#105 10 years ago

Comfortable shoes, comfortable clothes (it gets hot), and a willingness to try out more games than just the AAA list stuff.

#106 10 years ago

Put gas in the truck, washed the mud out of the rims, bought a case of Red Bull = Ready for Pinball.

#107 10 years ago

JJ, Carl has some coils "on hold" for me at your shop. You're not going to be at the show on Friday?
    Thanks, Greg

#108 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

O and If you need me to run you out some parts let me know I will be coming from the office Saturday leaving around 4pm
    303-931-3685 is my cell
    JJ

What company do you represent?

#109 10 years ago
    Quoted from Skybug:

All of them. GEX!

#110 10 years ago
    Quoted from goldpins:

JJ, Carl has some coils "on hold" for me at your shop. You're not going to be at the show on Friday?
    Thanks, Greg

Greg, I'm planning on trying to make it out there from 4-7ish tomorrow if not later. So I can grab them.. If you can just call carl and take care of payment and give him a phone number I will call or text you when I get there.

JJ

#111 10 years ago
    Quoted from Skybug:

Game Exchange Of Colorado..

#112 10 years ago

OK JJ...deal. Thank you for doing this. Great service as usual.

#113 10 years ago

WOW that was fun!!

#114 10 years ago

Anyone selling at reasonable prices in Denver? the prices advertised on the games at the Show are all 20% too high...guess it's why they call this the "mile High "city

#115 10 years ago

A pinball show is not the typical venue for blow out prices. Usually, there isn't much for sale. This year there is very very little. Most of what's for sale are from retailers, I'm assuming that's what you're referring to by 20% too high.

#116 10 years ago

Anyone play in any of the tourneys?

#117 10 years ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Yep got my a$$ kicked in every one of them. But it's fun anyway

#118 10 years ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

If standings hold, I'll be playing against Josh Henderson in the first round of the finals. I'm almost hoping that someone bounces me out this morning before the finals begin.

#119 10 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

If standings hold, I'll be playing against Josh Henderson in the first round of the finals. I'm almost hoping that someone bounces me out this morning before the finals begin.

Yeah... Josh would definitely not be who I'd want to come up against in the first round. Good luck!

#120 10 years ago

I found the choice of EMs very poor; do people just bring out their worst game to show off? Any one of my EMs is much better than what I saw at the show. But the other games & stuff were way cool and a lot of fun!

#121 10 years ago
    Quoted from toddsolus:

Anyone selling at reasonable prices in Denver? the prices advertised on the games at the Show are all 20% too high...guess it's why they call this the "mile High "city

What games were you looking for?

#122 10 years ago
    Quoted from Skybug:

I found the choice of EMs very poor; do people just bring out their worst game to show off? Any one of my EMs is much better than what I saw at the show.

Feel free to bring your games to the show next year.

#123 10 years ago

Of some of the machines that I had never played, the game that I found surprisingly more fun than I anticipated was WOF. I was ready not to like it, but found myself playing many games on it and stopping to play it when passing buy on multiple occasions. It helped that it almost never was busy. I could never hit that skill shot. It was a fun way to wait for TOTAN to free up.

I found that FT wasn't as much fun as I was expecting, although I expect it would have been better if I could have heard it. The machines around it were much louder and drowned it out. The headphones on some games really helped in that environment, although it kind of removed the social aspects of the show. The FT outlanes were ball hungry and the lightning flippers took a little getting used to. I'll have to give FT another chance some other time and place.

#124 10 years ago
    Quoted from Q-Dog:

I found that FT wasn't as much fun as I was expecting

Truer words have never been spoken...

#125 10 years ago
    Quoted from Q-Dog:

Of some of the machines that I had never played, the game that I found surprisingly more fun than I anticipated was WOF. I was ready not to like it, but found myself playing many games on it and stopping to play it when passing buy on multiple occasions. It helped that it almost never was busy. I could never hit that skill shot. It was a fun way to wait for TOTAN to free up.
    I found that FT wasn't as much fun as I was expecting, although I expect it would have been better if I could have heard it. The machines around it were much louder and drowned it out. The headphones on some games really helped in that environment, although it kind of removed the social aspects of the show. The FT outlanes were ball hungry and the lightning flippers took a little getting used to. I'll have to give FT another chance some other time and place.

Yep, not having a Pin by itself can kill the experience. Did you know the rules? I didn't think FT was that much fun until I understood the objectives. Problem with a lot of folks. Just don't know the rules.

#126 10 years ago
    Quoted from vcloverjr:

Did you know the rules?

I had a good enough understanding of the rules as I had watched the PAPA tutorial recently in preparation for the show. I really think the noise kept me from experiencing it where I could give it a fair evaluation.

I was very grateful to have the rules for Safe Cracker explained to me by a nice pinhead at the show as I really got into that game. Without a brief tutorial that game could have been very confusing. I definitely want that game now.

#127 10 years ago
    Quoted from Skybug:

I found the choice of EMs very poor; do people just bring out their worst game to show off? Any one of my EMs is much better than what I saw at the show. But the other games & stuff were way cool and a lot of fun!

There were a handful of good EMs to enjoy. Did you make it into the side rooms? Like some of the SS games, they weren't all museum quality, but that doesn't matter if they light up and play!

#128 10 years ago

Wow, good fun.

Loved playing Whitewater (Color DMD) and MM (Color DMD). Also thought WOZ was insanely cool looking but didn't want to wait to play so can't review it. I think as far as an operator point of view it will kill just by the way it looks.

Loved playing Spiderman and didn't enjoy IM as much as I thought but still fun.

#129 10 years ago

Brought my 13 year old daughter. Her favorite....Baby Pac-Man. She preferred the arcade room by a wide margin. Looks like I will be searching for a Millipede or Centipede. Two games that were interesting to me were Dirty Harry and Capcom's Airborne...holy ramps. Was hoping to play JP. Woz was impressive overall, but not my theme. Oh, I was also impressed with the huge presence of Game Exchange of Colorado (big public thanks to JJ) and the guys from Marco are great.

#130 10 years ago

Had a blast! Comin back next year, but prolly gonna drive, n try and hit Lyons on the way out. It was nice to meet some fellow pinheads. Thanks to the organizers and everyone who brought games.

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-mountain-pinball-showdown-2013/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.