(Topic ID: 42888)

Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown 2013

By tpellowe

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 11 years ago

Great show every year! Who's coming and who is selling what at the Rocky Mountain Showdown 2013?

#2 11 years ago

Me and the Fiance are going. Hoping she get more into pinball by playing a larger variety of machines.

#3 11 years ago

Hey Tom, I'll be there. Maybe one day I'll actually get to meet you.

#4 11 years ago

I'm hoping to make it, but I'm not sure yet if it'll be possible. I'm starting a new job later this month, so we'll see.

#5 11 years ago

Hahaha, Mike! Beers on me, brother.

#8 11 years ago

I have family in Denver and visit a lot. I haven't been to this show before, but was considering heading up for the weekend this year to check it out. What's it like? Do they have a lot of games? I've only been to the Bay Area shows before, but I think it would be fun to see one somewhere else.

#9 11 years ago

I plan on attending.

#10 11 years ago

We have not been... 12hr each way ...Would like to ...

#11 11 years ago

I will be there... my first pinball show. I will probably be looking for something to bring home with me.

#12 11 years ago

I'll be there!!

#13 11 years ago

I missed last year, first time in the last 5-6 years. When is it? Toward end of April?

#14 11 years ago

I'll Be there for sure - always a blast! Gonna be at the Sheraton this year. Always nice to be able to grab a beer or two after a tough day of pinball!

#15 11 years ago

I'll be there. Bringing the wife as well! Hopping that I will have an excuse to HAVE to rent a uhaul for the ride home.

#16 11 years ago

I'ma try to...

#17 11 years ago

I will be theretoo. bringing 4 games for freeplay

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Flamethrower:

I have family in Denver and visit a lot. I haven't been to this show before, but was considering heading up for the weekend this year to check it out. What's it like? Do they have a lot of games? I've only been to the Bay Area shows before, but I think it would be fun to see one somewhere else.

They generally have a bit over 100 games set on free play. I've been to several cons and this is the best one, in my opinion, if you just want to PLAY pinball. They have the largest blocks of time with the games set on free play (most of friday, all of saturday, most of sunday) without having to wait in crazy lines. Saturday night is pretty busy, but otherwise you can usually find an unoccupied pin. The people are generally very friendly. The past few years my wife and I have spent much more time just talking pinball with our new friends than actually playing! The seminars are great. Above all, its very well organized. No confusion about this or that, very clear cut and accessible. I recommend this to all pinheads as a great con to bring their families to. This will be the first time I've missed it in five years! Go in my place and have a great time!

#19 11 years ago

I will be there!

--Luke

#20 11 years ago

I wonder if they will screw the pinball tournament players out of their promised prizes like they did last year?

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from Zaxxis:

I wonder if they will screw the pinball tournament players out of their promised prizes like they did last year?

? I didn't hear that before. Really?

#22 11 years ago

Great show.

#23 11 years ago

Looking forward to making this my first pinball show.

#25 11 years ago

I'll be there. Not sure if I am bringing games this year though. It was a LOT of work carting those things around last year.

#26 11 years ago

I'm thinking about attending this show, got some friends in Denver I haven't seen in a while... Guess its time to start looking at flights. I like the sounds of a pinball show focused on playing more than anything else.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from Slammin_silver:

I like the sounds of a pinball show focused on playing more than anything else.

it is definitely that. great players meet. that's all I really do there. Well. I shop too.

#28 11 years ago

I'm going. Be nice to meet some of you guys that I haven't met yet.

I'm 5' 10", shaved bald head and wearing black frame eye glasses. I'm easy to approach and can introduce you to other locals. Come say hello.

Kim

#29 11 years ago

I'll be there - show is only 5 miles from house. Looking to buy my first EM game.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I'm going. Be nice to meet some of you guys that I haven't met yet.
    I'm 5' 10", shaved bald head and wearing black frame eye glasses. I'm easy to approach and can introduce you to other locals. Come say hello.
    Kim

And, if you bow to Kim, he'll give you a free bent piece of plastic! 8D

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    314-766-4587

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from tpellowe:

Great show every year! Who's coming and who is selling what at the Rocky Mountain Showdown 2013?

Who would one get in contact with if they wanted to help bring some games/sponsor?

#32 11 years ago

Dan / Nicole Nikolich.

[email protected]

303-938-9889
    303-883-2603

He's really getting the word out early this year, I'm sure it'll pay off. Do what you can!

Quoted from Gexchange:

Who would one get in contact with if they wanted to help bring some games/sponsor?

#33 11 years ago

Anyone from SLC want to go I'm driving out on Friday A.M. and coming back Sunday....

#34 11 years ago

I have been talking with Lee and we are both thinking of going. Not sure yet if we are going to drive or fly yet.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from toddsolus:

Anyone from SLC want to go I'm driving out on Friday A.M. and coming back Sunday....

Damn.. Well I booked my flight earlier before checking back into this thread... I'd love to meet up with some of you salt lake pinheads out there.. I'll be rocking a snowbird hat all weekend.

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

And, if you bow to Kim, he'll give you a free bent piece of plastic! 8D
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    314-766-4587

Only you, Rob and this year I expect you to genuflect at my arrival.

Kim

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from rad:

? I didn't hear that before. Really?

Yup -- they promised PAPA entries and registration packages as part of the prizes for their tournaments. It was on their website and also was on their signage in the tournament area.

Needless to say, those who earned these prizes never got them and Dan ignored all emails regarding the issue.

I suspect they promised the prizes thinking PAPA was going to give them again and when they didn't they decided the best solution was to screw over their customers and ignore it.

#38 11 years ago

I'll be there! My first show

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from Slammin_silver:

Damn.. Well I booked my flight earlier before checking back into this thread... I'd love to meet up with some of you salt lake pinheads out there.. I'll be rocking a snowbird hat all weekend.

I'm leaning towards going. Not 100% sure yet though.

#40 11 years ago

I'll be there. Might sell off a pin or two...maybe EATPM or JP..or maybe I will just go have fun!

But I will be there!

#41 11 years ago

Heck yeah, I'm going. I hope they have a good variety of pins to play. I've looked in the website recently and the game list is showing pins from last year. They really need to update that so we can be excited for what's comin.

#42 11 years ago

my 8year old and I decided to take the Train from SLC and rent a truck there to bring back toys.

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from toddsolus:

my 8year old and I decided to take the Train from SLC and rent a truck there to bring back toys.

That sounds awesome, Todd. Sounds like some nice quality time and you're mixing with your hobby.

Hey, sorry I haven't called you up yet. I'm in the middle of a job change and it's been beyond crazy at my place these past few days. I'll still bug you soon...

#44 11 years ago

Got my room there for the weekend, just easier coming from Fort Collins.

Excited to hopefully meet some of the people I have talked to many times and haven't ever had the chance to meet.

#45 11 years ago

Bennett: Vegas will be there after the show

#46 11 years ago

jar155: I have been meaning to take that train through the mountains for years....now's the chance and my 8yo is very excited.....I am from Evergreen Co. but haven't been back in some time....call me whenever you get time...I have to add some missing components to the holo board so the creature can reach out...someone pulled off a capacitor ...though once it's running i'll probably disconnect it to not wear out the Holo anyway....do you know Donjagra? he is a local with a CFTBL as well....

#47 11 years ago

The wife has noticed that there are malls nearby so my attendance has been greenlighted! Woohoo!

I hope someone is bringing a pin to sell me that I can sneak past her and into the truck?

#48 11 years ago

I have never been to a pinball show....I assume all games are set to free play?

#49 11 years ago

Park Meadows Mall is 5 minutes away and very very nice! Also, 15 minutes up I-25 are the Castle Rock Outlets if she's into outlet shopping. My wife is always getting 20% off coupons for the Coach store, let me know and I'll ask here where she's getting them. I think they hand them out in the store as well. That should make her VERY happy if she's into it.

Quoted from canea:

The wife has noticed that there are malls nearby so my attendance has been greenlighted! Woohoo!

I hope someone is bringing a pin to sell me that I can sneak past her and into the truck?

I'd say 95%. The only exception being a tournament area that's reserved for tournament players. At the RMPS it's pretty small, only 7-8 games I believe but maybe someone who knows better can answer. There should be at least 100 games on free play. You won't pay for any.

Quoted from toddsolus:

I have never been to a pinball show....I assume all games are set to free play?

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Park Meadows Mall is 5 minutes away and very very nice! Also, 15 minutes up I-25 are the Castle Rock Outlets if she's into outlet shopping. My wife is always getting 20% off coupons for the Coach store, let me know and I'll ask here where she's getting them. I think they hand them out in the store as well. That should make her VERY happy if she's into it.

Cool, thank you for the tip. I suspect she will crash headlong into Nordstroms and not been seen for 24 hours...

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-mountain-pinball-showdown-2013/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.