(Topic ID: 161238)

Rocky & Bullwinkle Nell Log Gear anyone?

By bubbaganu

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

#1 7 years ago

We've been working on a 3D printed gear from the Nell Log from Rocky and Bullwinkle. We just had our first successful print for the main gear, though we still have a long way to go. We will be adding a drive gear that will work with a modern replacement motor that is similar to the original motor.

Here is a video of it in action

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGIzoCqMqkm/

We are wondering how much interest there is in a replacement gear/motor kit to make available to one and all.

Thanks!

#3 7 years ago

Interested!

5 months later
#4 7 years ago

Hey, I'm partners with bubbaganu. The prototype *finally* is installed and working!
I can provide the 3D files to anyone who's interested in DIY.
Basically you rewire the Nell log motor relay so it switches on/off a low voltage signal to an Arduino which controls a mini servo.
There's just enough room next to the relay board to mount the Arduino. For power, I spliced into +5V in the back box so it turns on/off with the rest of the game. Current draw is practically nill.

My 3D printer isn't high-def enough to provide kits ourselves, but if you've got access to one, you can get your Nell log working for $15-20 dollars.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from shovemedia:

Hey, I'm partners with bubbaganu. The prototype *finally* is installed and working!
I can provide the 3D files to anyone who's interested in DIY.
Basically you rewire the Nell log motor relay so it switches on/off a low voltage signal to an Arduino which controls a mini servo.
There's just enough room next to the relay board to mount the Arduino. For power, I spliced into +5V in the back box so it turns on/off with the rest of the game. Current draw is practically nill.
My 3D printer isn't high-def enough to provide kits ourselves, but if you've got access to one, you can get your Nell log working for $15-20 dollars.

Are you still thinking about doing a commercial build (and/or still tweaking the design)? If so, I'm still super-interested! If not, I'd love to get the plans and give it a shot myself (I'll PM you with my email address). Thanks!

1 week later
#6 7 years ago

Wow
I really could use this. would you send me a PM and how to get the 3d printing schematics that would be great.

#7 7 years ago

Bump! I'm very interested still as well!

6 months later
#8 6 years ago

Bump again, any more thoughts on this?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-bullwinkle-nell-log-gear-anyone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.