• Baywatch 24 votes
    69%

(35 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rocky_and_bullwinkle_5_(resized).jpg
Baywatch_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Love some opinions on these 2 tables..Really love opinions on those who have owned both.

Thanks a Bunch))

P.S. Just noticed these 2 pins look similar in blue when side by side.

Baywatch_(resized).jpgBaywatch_(resized).jpg

rocky_and_bullwinkle_5_(resized).jpgrocky_and_bullwinkle_5_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

I have both sitting in my basement right now. Although Rocky & Bullwinkle isn't mine, I'm just a foster dad for a bit. As far a gameplay goes, I think they're equally fun. But Rocky & Bullwinkle takes the edge on theme and callouts. And if the R&B DMD ever goes out, it won't be a huge pain to try and replace it. I had to replace my large Baywatch DMD, and it involved buying the DMD Extender from across the pond, a laptop display and control board, and a Raspberry Pi. In any case, I doubt you'd be unhappy with either game, but Rocky & Bullwinkle is better.

#3 7 years ago

I've played R&B quite a bit. The callouts/theme are fun. I own Baywatch because of the flow & gameplay. Baywatch by a mile.

#4 7 years ago

I appreciate the advice.

#5 7 years ago

i haven't played baywatch, but have a Rocky and Bullwinkle, and think it is a very underrated game. You can check out the R&B club page, and read some of the comments. I don't know if there is a Baywatch club, but i would check it out as well.

#6 7 years ago

It really seems like I'm a huge BW fan, I'm not btw, but it's more the fact bad games keep getting put up against it in vs threads.

R&B is a typical DE around that time. It's simple & very very very very annoying. Unless you LOVE the show, the audio will drive you up the wall. It may be THE MOST annoying audio package...somehow more grating than DE Simpsons. Just typing this I have that horrible music stuck in my head...it's so wrong and this is really not even close. BW is 100x the game R&B is.

#7 7 years ago

Thanks

#8 7 years ago

To me R&B feels more 89ish...sort of Sys11 type play and BW seems more DMD era....even though they are close in release date.
So maybe if you prefer one era more that might factor in. Anyway, good luck!

#9 7 years ago

Baywatch is fantastic

I miss mine. Why in the F did I sell it? The money from that sale is still in my account & serves no purpose. I'm an idiot.

LOVE the end of ball animation. That girl is just getting pounded!

Hasselhoff call outs!?!?! Seriously that's good shit right there. He's like a pinball life coach "You did all you could"

The pop bumper sound effects. Awesome. The wire forms & ramps. Dope.

That reminds me... WTB mint underpriced BW near STL

#10 7 years ago

Baywatch is great game. tons of shots

#11 7 years ago

The biggest issue with R&B can be the "wrong hat" callouts. But if you replace the foam and adjust them, it fixes most of that issue. But i agree, it is a game where you have to really like the theme. But i think that is the same with most of these kind of games.

#12 7 years ago

I've played both, bought R&B, and it still gets played regularly 2 years later.

#13 7 years ago

Both are good in different ways. Want a "fun" theme that is enjoyable to play? Go r&b. It has a system 11 feel. Want a more serious shooters game? BW by a mile. I don't think you can go wrong either way. Pick your flavor. I like cartoony themes so r and b might have my vote.

#14 7 years ago

Have to go with R&B, the only one sitting in my living room right now. Played both, was never a BW fan, so theme is what wins it for me.
Rocky and Bullwinkle is a lot of fun, it plays fast with orbit shots and some tricky "right back at ya!" shots from the bomb targets.
I like the fact that if you lose a ball in Multi-Ball, you can win it back with a hat trick completion

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 24.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-and-bullwinkle-vs-baywatch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.