4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by bssbllr
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

#1 4 years ago

My RaB seems to be scoring small amounts of points when none should be scored and there are no switches that show up in the diagnostics testing as being closed. I found out about this with the skill shot because if anything on the table scores before the ball drops through the lit top in lane you get an animation on the DMD of Bullwinkle getting hit by various heavy flying objects. On several occasions I've seen the DMD animation after the ball is launched but before the ball has entered anywhere where scoring can take place. I think that I've also seen the game score change by small amounts when the ball is in my pocket during testing.

The table was doing this on occasion before I shopped it and installed a NVRAM chip last week and now it is doing this much more frequently. Any ideas as to what is failing and how to diagnose the problem with my table?

#2 4 years ago

Well go into switch test and bang on playfield to see if any switches register the vibration my mimic problem.

#3 4 years ago

The switch diagnostics didn't show anything by banging around on the play field so I fired up a game and noticed that points would be scored when the flippers were activated.

The table has four BOMB targets that seemed to be a good first choice as the cause of the problem and I found that if I held the red O target forward and hit the flippers I couldn't get the table to score "mystery points" but if I left it in its resting position the table would score points with the flippers firing. A small adjustment to the leaf switch and now the table seems to have stopped scoring "mystery points" for no reason at all.

Thanks @bssbllr for pointing me in the right direction!

#4 4 years ago

Good glad to hear

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

3,900 (OBO)
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

Boards
PinSound

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-and-bullwinkle-skill-shot-problem?hl=scottacus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.