(Topic ID: 53592)

Rocky and Bullwinkle Pin for $500.00.....should I.....

By MK6PIN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

#1 10 years ago

I'm trying to not get the bug too bad yet (my Wife still loves me).....but apparently the above machine is available for what I think (?) is an amazing price. Haven't seen it yet, but just described as "collecting dust and ignored" to me. I have a TZ, SM, and TAF which I anticipate keeping for a long, long time and are mint (playing wise). I know this machine is a different league, but do you think it would be a fun enough project, and potentially keep my interest long enough to hang on to for at least a little while (or just a cash suck, and I won't like it)? I already have a major full time job, and don't see me getting into this for profit anytime soon, but sold my H1 Hummer (which I blame on the Pins) and a now pretty empty garage...thoughts?....thanks....mark

#3 10 years ago

Buy it and have fun fixing it up as a project. Price is darn good if not too trashed...

#4 10 years ago

I would buy it fro that price in a second and I do not like anything aboot that game.

#6 10 years ago

If you enjoy the humor and appreciate the cartoon, it is a no brainer...yes.

Good price, even if it is a bit of a project.

PS...the wife will love you despite another pin

rody

#7 10 years ago

Annnnnd it may be gone already at that price. Go go go!

#8 10 years ago

stop wasting time on pinside - go get it!

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I would buy it fro that price in a second and I do not like anything aboot that game.

I would buy it now for twice that price.

#11 10 years ago

There was a bunch if these in Texas that had water damage. Doubt any made it that far away but I would check the cabinet out. And yes, buy this at 500 all day long.

#12 10 years ago

done.........thanks guys..I'm officially hooked........will take pics when i pick it up........

#14 10 years ago

empty garage.....new 200a service panel w/ lots of room....this could get ugly......

#15 10 years ago

Sweet! Post pics when you can! Was that a Craigslist find?

#16 10 years ago

No, just a casual comment from an employee... she does some of my in house accounting, and asked me today how to classify my Paypal purchases ( oops)... I told her I was into pinball, and she told me her dad had this in his garage collecting dust if I wanted it...just shows...never hurts to mention your hobby once in awhile, maybe lots of this stuff floating around where you never think about it

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

No, just a casual comment from an employee... she does some of my in house accounting, and asked me today how to classify my Paypal purchases ( oops)... I told her I was into pinball, and she told me her dad had this in his garage collecting dust if I wanted it...just shows...never hurts to mention your hobby once in awhile, maybe lots of this stuff floating around where you never think about it

Score! Too bad it wasn't a MM just chillen there lol

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm trying to not get the bug too bad yet (my Wife still loves me).....but apparently the above machine is available for what I think (?) is an amazing price. Haven't seen it yet, but just described as "collecting dust and ignored" to me. I have a TZ, SM, and TAF which I anticipate keeping for a long, long time and are mint (playing wise). I know this machine is a different league, but do you think it would be a fun enough project, and potentially keep my interest long enough to hang on to for at least a little while (or just a cash suck, and I won't like it)? I already have a major full time job, and don't see me getting into this for profit anytime soon, but sold my H1 Hummer (which I blame on the Pins) and a now pretty empty garage...thoughts?....thanks....mark

You have a $14,000 collection and you had to ask if this was a deal?

#19 10 years ago

good point......just don't want to start collecting to turn at this point. I read some of the reviews and saw e-bay prices (can be very skewed)..just never played one, and had no clue if it was an amazing price or a dog...I know what my other ones are worth...to me anyway.....

#20 10 years ago

RB is a really fun game. First ss I owned. If you do not like it, i will buy it from you for more than you paid.

Dan

#21 10 years ago

I would buy it

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

empty garage.....new 200a service panel w/ lots of room....this could get ugly......

Laughed like hell when I read this one. I wish I had that problem.

#23 10 years ago

Many "a sows ear" has been turned into a "silk purse" by PS members. This could be your machine to "do it to it" and save a pin from the dumpster.

#24 10 years ago

Click the BUY IT NOW button

#25 10 years ago

I'll have to go back and see which one of you warned me to" run away fast" when I bought my first one... does this mean they are going to eventually invade my entire house? Hopefully there's a pin therapy group out there..freakin addictive...

#26 10 years ago

just got done playing my R&B its fast and Fun enjoy!

#27 10 years ago

black or blue cabinet?

#28 10 years ago

Awesome!!!

#29 10 years ago

I haven't even seen it yet

#30 10 years ago

You better hurry up and get it before he puts it on CL! lol

#31 10 years ago

I have to say just about any machine of that era would be worth at least $500. I agree on not wasting time asking. Buy the game because you know that at that price you will not lose money if you decide to sell down the road.

#32 10 years ago

Agree and understood.. will seal this one in the morning...I'm officially excited now...

#33 10 years ago

There were times that I bothered to get some opinions on games that I knew were a good deal and in the mean time, they got sold. While I was on pinside saying, "Should I get this, what do you guys think?" someone else was getting their wallet out and getting a good deal. I have seen people do this for games as low as $200 or even free. Someone had to ask if they should take a FREE pinball machine???????
Anyways, good luck with the machine and if the exitement wears off, I'm sure you could get double what you paid for it. I would be one of those people that would buy it from you.

#34 10 years ago

Your H1 Hummer got what, 10 miles a gallon on a good day and you sold it becuase of pins?

I did not know that pins are fun and also reduce global warming. Wow.

#35 10 years ago

Yeah, I had it 6 years and 10mpg was going downhill.. I loved it, but at the end of the day, it was mint and I would only drive it once a month just to keep everything lubricated... just didn't make sense, and was worried something expensive would break... ended up selling it for more than I paid for it... guy flew in from freak in Mongolia via LAX to check it out...I'll miss it, but the pin hobby really is a better fit for my toy hobby

#36 10 years ago

I didn't drive it long enough to warm anything...ha

#37 10 years ago

Pin should be fine purchase wise.. thanks for the advise.. I actually find a lot of useful info and insight from guys that have been in it alot longer than me...

#38 10 years ago

Blue or black cabinet??

#39 10 years ago

if it's complete and all the correct boards are there, i'd snag it. It's little less than half of what they normally go for. usually a $1200 machine.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if it's complete and all the correct boards are there, i'd snag it. It's little less than half of what they normally go for. usually a $1200 machine.

Unless you go to Four Seasons Amusements in Bloomingdale IL! Within the confines of their store, reality bends around this machine in such a way that it makes a filthy example worth $3,200!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 27.95
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
3,900 (OBO)
$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing
Hardware
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-and-bullwinkle-pin-for-50000should-i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.