• 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by FirebrandX
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shit_pickle.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wynrrer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hi everyone! Im Kevin from Argentina,im about to buy my first pin and i needed some advice on what to buy between Rocky and Bullwinkle or Street Fighter 2. The price is the same for both, Rocky and Bullwinkle is in near mint condition, street fighter will need a touch up (not too much).

What do you say?

#4 10 years ago

Thanks for the replies!

Why? Is Street Fighter that bad?

#7 10 years ago

Just to add some more info: i can get fish tales for same price as the other 2 (regular cabinet condition playfield ok), ninja turtles (fine general condition) for much less, mario bros (regular cabinet condition) for same price as ninja turtles.

#11 10 years ago

Thanks everyone for your opinions. Take into consideration im a complete noob. I never been into pinball (played about 20 times in my life) i was more an arcade machines player. I was able to try all the machines i mentioned at this guy's home and i was between RB and Street fighter.
I know fish tales is a classic and awesome game but it doesnt seem to call my attention that much idw why.

I thought RB would be more ¨family friendly¨

#15 10 years ago

Here in Argentina prices are a bit high (comparing to the US prices). Here is the price list im paying depending on the pinball i pick. Take into account im coverting from argentinian pesos to us dollars

Fish tales: 1450
RB: 1.400
Street fighter: 1400
Mario Bros: 1150
Ninja Turtles: 1200

So selling might not be an option in the short run (at least in Argentina) its easier to trade as people dont seem to care about prices that much. Its usually a 1 on 1 trade.

Of course there are exceptions to the rule

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Neither! But if you have to rocky for sure. I got bored of it quick but sf is a huge turd.
Wrong hat! Lol one of my fave call outs

I have no other choices so far so i gotta make up my mind among the titles mentioned above.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Which Mario game? I really want one. Gottlieb sys 3's don't seem deep rule wise but when you really get into them they have lots of rules and can be deep.

http://www.thetanooki.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/supermariopinball.jpg

This one. Is the only one i know lol

#28 10 years ago

Thanks everyone for the replies. I finally bought Rocky and Bullwinkle. Hope i made the right pick.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Here's a good rule of thumb.
If you have (insert game here) VS street fighter 2. Always go with (insert game here). The only way you can go wrong, is if (insert game here) happens to be Xfiles. If that's the case. Your stuck in a shit pickle and screwed each way. SF2 and Xfiles are the worst DMD's ever made. and I mean EVER.

shit_pickle.png 57 KB

LOL i havent played it but it seems theres no love for this pinball at least in this forum. STF 2 didn´t seemed that bad i just felt it was a little empty

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from FirebrandX:

Now that you went with R&B, hit me up of you have any issues or questions. I've just about replaced everything in the machine doing my restoration job, and have learned a few tips and mod ideas along the way.

Thanks! I ll let you know if i need any help. Good luck with your restoration

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

If one of your options was Fish Tails for essentially the same price, you were crazy not to get it. I enjoyed my SF2 when I had it, but I enjoyed it more when I got rid of it and got something else.

The cabinet wasn´t in the condition i wanted to be for my first pin, besides, the theme wasn´t that appealing to me.

RB is in mint condition. I get your point, fish tales probably is a better pin, but i just want to play for now, dont wanna spend any more in restorations or such.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

12,500 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wynrrer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-and-bullwinkle-or-street-fighter-2?tu=wynrrer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.