New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 78471)

Rocky and Bullwinkle or Street Fighter 2

By wynrrer

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by FirebrandX
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

shit_pickle.png

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Hi everyone! Im Kevin from Argentina,im about to buy my first pin and i needed some advice on what to buy between Rocky and Bullwinkle or Street Fighter 2. The price is the same for both, Rocky and Bullwinkle is in near mint condition, street fighter will need a touch up (not too much).

What do you say?

#2 6 years ago

Rocky all the way.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Rocky all the way.

Yep, R&B.

#4 6 years ago

Thanks for the replies!

Why? Is Street Fighter that bad?

#5 6 years ago

No question, R&B.
SF2 = Not good.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from wynrrer:

Thanks for the replies!
Why? Is Street Fighter that bad?

Yes.

#7 6 years ago

Just to add some more info: i can get fish tales for same price as the other 2 (regular cabinet condition playfield ok), ninja turtles (fine general condition) for much less, mario bros (regular cabinet condition) for same price as ninja turtles.

#8 6 years ago

I'd get the Fish Tales if it was me. R&B is a fun game though.

#9 6 years ago

Pinside top 100 = Street Fighter 2 / 192 Rocky & Bullwinkle / 133 Fish Tails / 38 , that was easy looks like Fish Tails for the win !

#10 6 years ago

Street Fighter 2 has it's charm. It certainly isn't easy. R&B has sweet ramp shots and it's kind of more player responsive.

#11 6 years ago

Thanks everyone for your opinions. Take into consideration im a complete noob. I never been into pinball (played about 20 times in my life) i was more an arcade machines player. I was able to try all the machines i mentioned at this guy's home and i was between RB and Street fighter.
I know fish tales is a classic and awesome game but it doesnt seem to call my attention that much idw why.

I thought RB would be more ¨family friendly¨

#12 6 years ago

I haven't played R&B but SF2 sucks balls and not in the good way.

#13 6 years ago

I'm not a fan of fish tales, I think it was fun to have it for a short bit but it didn't hold me.
But honestly any of those games listed will be a good game as game one

#14 6 years ago

I had Ninja Turtles for a bit, but I don't think there's much to hold your attention. Rocky and Bullwinkle was fun based on the few games I played a few years back, as is Fish Tails.

Street Fighter, around here, seems to be a budget title and a tough one to sell if you get bored with it. That might not be the case for you.

#15 6 years ago

Here in Argentina prices are a bit high (comparing to the US prices). Here is the price list im paying depending on the pinball i pick. Take into account im coverting from argentinian pesos to us dollars

Fish tales: 1450
RB: 1.400
Street fighter: 1400
Mario Bros: 1150
Ninja Turtles: 1200

So selling might not be an option in the short run (at least in Argentina) its easier to trade as people dont seem to care about prices that much. Its usually a 1 on 1 trade.

Of course there are exceptions to the rule

#16 6 years ago

Buying anything else... "that trick never works"... R&B all the way!

#17 6 years ago

Neither! But if you have to rocky for sure. I got bored of it quick but sf is a huge turd.

Wrong hat! Lol one of my fave call outs

#18 6 years ago

Street Fighter gets part of its negative flak from being an unique playing game and being a System 3 Gottlieb. I agree with what someone else said, it's a cheap game to obtain and can be a hard resell in the states.

Fish Tales is the money game out of the list you're showing, however, I recommend playing all of them and coming to a decision on your own. What everyone else likes may not be what you like.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Neither! But if you have to rocky for sure. I got bored of it quick but sf is a huge turd.
Wrong hat! Lol one of my fave call outs

I have no other choices so far so i gotta make up my mind among the titles mentioned above.

#20 6 years ago

Which Mario game? I really want one. Gottlieb sys 3's don't seem deep rule wise but when you really get into them they have lots of rules and can be deep.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Which Mario game? I really want one. Gottlieb sys 3's don't seem deep rule wise but when you really get into them they have lots of rules and can be deep.

http://www.thetanooki.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/supermariopinball.jpg

This one. Is the only one i know lol

#22 6 years ago

Yup!!! That's the good one!

Mushroom world is the kid version. The one you see is the normal Mario bro one. There is a Mario club thread on this forum. Lots of love for the game. And if you have a family it would be a good fit.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yup!!! That's the good one!
Mushroom World is the kid version. The one you see is the normal Mario bro one. There is a Mario club thread on this forum. Lots of love for the game. And if you have a family it would be a good fit.

I've been wondering between the two. I thought that 'shrum was a special edition. Glad I found this one out before I bought one!

#24 6 years ago

R & B all the way.......Fish Tales doesn't do it for me either. Rocky has the mirrored backglass too......nice looking game.

#25 6 years ago

Had both. Still have R&B. SFII is fun esp if you have a lot of machines because it is so different. For a first and only machine SFII is too linear, though if you like the video game, it will be your cup of tea (backglass notwithstanding.)

viperrwk

#26 6 years ago

I have owned all three I still have R&B and SFII. But for the kids R&B would be better. SFII is a shooters game (and that TORPEDO mode is awesome) and if not setup correctly can be very frustrating it is more of an acquired taste. system 3's are rock solid. R&B is just plain fast fun and if you've grownup with the cartoon then you will appreciate the humor. owned both of them over ten years and are keepers for me and SFII is my son's favorite game he feels its the most challenging game he has played and we've have played many over the years! GL with the game you decide on.

#27 6 years ago

IMO go for mario, it's my favorite of all time. I recommend ignoring the "top 100" lists but understand people buy based on them so values are somewhat linked to them.
Mario and sf2 are gottlieb so the paint on the playfield is weak, it will wear and chip.
Based on your prices fish tales then mario would be the best bang for the buck in the USA.
These are just my opinions, hope they help.
-Tom

#28 6 years ago

Thanks everyone for the replies. I finally bought Rocky and Bullwinkle. Hope i made the right pick.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from wynrrer:

Thanks everyone for the replies. I finally bought rocky and bullwinkle. Hope i made the right pick.

Congratulations!!! It was my first pin. Bought and sold others since then, but still have my R&B. You totally made the right pick!

#30 6 years ago

Here's a good rule of thumb.

If you have (insert game here) VS street fighter 2. Always go with (insert game here). The only way you can go wrong, is if (insert game here) happens to be Xfiles. If that's the case. Your stuck in a shit pickle and screwed each way. SF2 and Xfiles are the worst DMD's ever made. and I mean EVER.

shit_pickle.png
#31 6 years ago

R&B is the better choice....you did well

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If you have (insert game here) VS street fighter 2. Always go with (insert game here). The only way you can go wrong, is if (insert game here) happens to be Xfiles. If that's the case. Your stuck in a shit pickle and screwed each way.

LOL, X-Files is by far the worst DMD game. Too bad as the theme could have tied into a great game.

#33 6 years ago

First game definitely rocky. I actually feel differently though if you have like 10. SF2 is a very unique game and is a nice change of pace... If you have a pace to mix up.

#34 6 years ago

R&B friend. Fishtale would be very nice at that price.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If you have (insert game here) VS street fighter 2. Always go with (insert game here). The only way you can go wrong, is if (insert game here) happens to be Xfiles. If that's the case. Your stuck in a shit pickle and screwed each way. SF2 and Xfiles are the worst DMD's ever made. and I mean EVER.

shit_pickle.png 57 KB

LOL i havent played it but it seems theres no love for this pinball at least in this forum. STF 2 didn´t seemed that bad i just felt it was a little empty

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from wynrrer:

LOL i havent played it but it seems theres no love for this pinball at least in this forum. STF 2 didn´t seemed that bad i just felt it was a little empty

that because you didnot get to TORPEDO MODE but with your family in mind you made the right choice R&B is lots of FUN dont forget to put out the FUSE with the BORIS button!

#38 6 years ago

Now that you went with R&B, hit me up of you have any issues or questions. I've just about replaced everything in the machine doing my restoration job, and have learned a few tips and mod ideas along the way.

#39 6 years ago

yeah, its hard to realize when you need to put the fuse out, i always forget!

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

yeah, its hard to realize when you need to put the fuse out, i always forget!

I just listen for the "Hey Rocky" and the music change. As soon as I hear it, I'll reach over with my thumb and spam the Boris button.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from FirebrandX:

Now that you went with R&B, hit me up of you have any issues or questions. I've just about replaced everything in the machine doing my restoration job, and have learned a few tips and mod ideas along the way.

Thanks! I ll let you know if i need any help. Good luck with your restoration

#42 6 years ago

R&B is a great game

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from FirebrandX:

I just listen for the "Hey Rocky" and the music change. As soon as I hear it, I'll reach over with my thumb and spam the Boris button.

i just use my hand and hit it five times as fast as i can for the quick 5G's

#44 6 years ago

I own SF2 and have played a lot of both pins. You can't go wrong either way, both are fun.

However since it is ur first pin I would recommend the SF2. Boards are bulletproof and you won't have that many issues. Also if you need to replace a target you won't have to solder anything, just plug it in. Never owned a data east but I can say sf2s are pretty easy on the operator.

#45 6 years ago

gottleibs are very reliable. Doesn't take away from the fact that the game is aweful. SO so aweful. Wish it was better since i'm such a fan of the video game.

#46 6 years ago

If one of your options was Fish Tails for essentially the same price, you were crazy not to get it. I enjoyed my SF2 when I had it, but I enjoyed it more when I got rid of it and got something else.

#47 6 years ago

i'd take shit tales any day over SF2 and/or Xfiles. Shit....even if I had the choice between having BOTH SF2 and Xfiles, over shit tales, i'd still take shit tales.

#48 6 years ago

thats cause you like those shit pickels

#49 6 years ago

X Files is the shit

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

If one of your options was Fish Tails for essentially the same price, you were crazy not to get it. I enjoyed my SF2 when I had it, but I enjoyed it more when I got rid of it and got something else.

The cabinet wasn´t in the condition i wanted to be for my first pin, besides, the theme wasn´t that appealing to me.

RB is in mint condition. I get your point, fish tales probably is a better pin, but i just want to play for now, dont wanna spend any more in restorations or such.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Machine - For Sale
Oakland, NE
$ 16.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Phoenix, AZ
$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 22.50
2,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New Ulm, MN
$ 26.50
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 249.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 275.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside