Topic poll

“Rocky and Bullwinkle or Monopoly?”

• Rocky and Bullwinkle 18 votes
    44%
  • Monopoly 23 votes
    56%

(41 votes)

#1 3 years ago

I have the option of purchasing either of these. I'm leaning toward Rocky and Bullwinkle for the family...anything I should consider?

#2 3 years ago

R&B will get old real quick. Monopoly is not that great of a game, either, IMO. However, between the two, monopoly would unquestionably be my vote. I recommend you rethink your purchase of R&B.

#3 3 years ago

R&B is bar none the most annoying sounding pinball machine that doesn't involve the Simpsons. Like really really really bad.
The family would probably like it more though.

Monopoly is a low grade Lawlor that has some interesting things but overall is kind of a mess. I'd take it over R&B though.

#4 3 years ago

Both are fun. Monopoly is the clear winner though.

#5 3 years ago

Consensus. Thank you.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

R&B is bar none the most annoying sounding pinball machine that doesn't involve the Simpsons. Like really really really bad.
The family would probably like it more though.
Monopoly is a low grade Lawlor that has some interesting things but overall is kind of a mess. I'd take it over R&B though.

Agree for sure on R&B. It's...not great. I actually like Monopoly but don't think I'd need to own one. The rules seem interesting at first but alot of the game just doesn't matter if you're playing for score. It's kind of a shame because the layout is pretty neat.

#7 3 years ago

I couldn’t stand Monopoly, owned it less than a month and most of that time was waiting for a buyer.

#8 3 years ago

R&B only title I’ve owned twice !

#9 3 years ago

I prefer Rocky And Bullwinkle.

#10 3 years ago

Monopoly is one of my favorite pinball machines. I know that quite a few people will disagree with me on how good it is, but I really enjoy it. If you can find a clean one that is in really good working shape, its a fun pin. Also, its quite popular with my family and friends as well. I have 2, 5 and 7 year olds, and they all enjoy it.

#11 3 years ago

I bought R&B having never played it before and got a very good deal on it. I love that game and could see it staying around for a long time. Yeah the wrong hat call out is a little annoying but it is super fast if set up right and I have yet to get the high score from factory settings. played monopoly a few times and just didn't get into it.

#12 3 years ago

For a family game, ditch both and find a roller coaster tycoon.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

For a family game, ditch both and find a roller coaster tycoon.

Just missed out on one of them...

#14 3 years ago

While I think RABAF is more fun, and I went out and got one because the the cost was really affordable, I just can't recommend it from a maintenance standpoint. Most of them are pretty beat up from being routed heavily. Several parts are hard to find, especially small parts, some plastics are unobtainium, and no playfield reproductions are readily available. Otherwise I love the game and the layout is great. Wrong hat does get old.

Monopoly, like all Lawlor games, is loaded, with 6 bumpers, 3 flippers (not counting the spinning one), the marquee, several ramps, and a bank vault that opens. Shooting the ball into the open bank vault is a great feeling shot. If it wasn't for the theme (I really hate the board game), I would love it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.50
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-and-bullwinkle-or-monopoly?hl=robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.