• Latest reply 4 years ago by bssbllr
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

165D036D-A559-436A-8907-C47964C64D59 (resized).png
55C9D04A-EE36-4304-A3EF-88BB5381F9ED (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

Im new to this any help would be great. My R and B left diverter ramp when i triger the hat trick is not opening and staying open. The hat trick still registers. I have done coil test and coil works in test mode. (gate swings open and closed during test) When I manually open during play it will register ball in hole and do hat trick and eject ball to the ramp.
The switch check says there is an issue with the 12,13,14 switchs. But they all seem to register. The switches are the 'though switchs'.

#2 4 years ago

Try reseating any plugs associated with those switches. And double check all wiring as well.

#4 4 years ago

hmmm

I’ll check mine and see what’s what

#5 4 years ago

How do i reseat the plugs on those switchs. The old post it was a loose wire. I don't see any loose wire.

#6 4 years ago

Look s like plugs cn8 and cn10 on the cpu board are the plugs for the switches on the playfield. I figured that out by looking at the manual on ipdb.

https://www.ipdb.org/files/23/Data_East_1993_Adventures_of_Rocky_and_Bullwinkle_and_Friends_Full_Manual.pdf

#7 4 years ago

Also the plugs on the trough board.

#8 4 years ago

So I found a loose wire and I re-soldered it back on, i did an active switch check when I had the play field tilted up and errors were gone. When I put the put it down the errors showed back up. Can you do a diagnostic check when the play field is up? I will check to see if the wire pulled off again soon.
Pulled the the plugs out for cn8 & cn10 and plugged them back in.

the three switches in the 11,12,13 all have the wht-orn,ywl,grn on them should the other wire on them be the grn-red wire? or do they all feed to the grn-red wire?

Thanks for your help bssblr

#9 4 years ago

The loose wire was connected to what ? Also could be a sign either the raising and lowering of the playfield like you have found a loose wire. I think you can do diagnostics with playfield up. Maybe try wiggling a few wires around your situation and see if anything happens. I just keep looking at the schematics but a little difficult to understand I see where the re/ green wire are on line with switches 11,12,13 but do not change anything if you are not 100% sure. Don’t need to create more problems.

#10 4 years ago

Do all Other switches work 100 %

55C9D04A-EE36-4304-A3EF-88BB5381F9ED (resized).png55C9D04A-EE36-4304-A3EF-88BB5381F9ED (resized).png
#11 4 years ago

I noticed the VUK (vertical up kicker) is on the same lines make sure wires for that are good. Solenoid May be fine but what about switch and check all switches for loose or broken wires connected to the same line colors.

#12 4 years ago

I changed the 3 switches and i am still getting the errors on the switches. one was not working. i don't know where to find the switch for the VUK what does it look like and where is it? it doesn't show in the manual P34 or p39 adobe
What triggers the coil for the diverter to turn on? on p29 or 33 is shows brn grn to red could the 23-800 thing in the middle just not be working?

#13 4 years ago

Switch and locations are here. The 23-800 should be the coil I suppose it’s good cause you can get it to work manually or in the coil test. The coil is driven by a switch.

165D036D-A559-436A-8907-C47964C64D59 (resized).png165D036D-A559-436A-8907-C47964C64D59 (resized).png
#14 4 years ago

I found the problem. The actuator on the switch for the ramp was slightly ajar. So when the switch should be triggered it wouldn't hit the button on the switch. I have fixed it and it's working again.
Thanks for all the help bssbllr.

#15 4 years ago

I’m glad you were able to get it fixed and letting us know what you had found. I was just trying the best I could to help out a fellow pinballer. Sounds like time to enjoy your game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-and-bullwinkle-diverter-ramp-not-tringering and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.