Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by 2x286ps
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 5 years ago

Hello,

On my R&B the skillshot doesn't work 90% of the time - the ball just goes all the way around the top rhino loop. I know there is a ball stop mechanism that's supposed to stop the ball from doing this and it works about 10% of time - the other 90% of the time when I launch the ball the stop actually lifts up right before the ball gets to it and the ball just goes under it. I'm thinking a switch problem somewhere but I don't know what the game thinks is a ball launch vs just hitting the ball from the flippers and letting it go around.

Thanks for any guidance!

#2 5 years ago

That gate is also down in some other modes. I think super pops is one of them and triball auto-launch too.
You might want to test if it is only the skill shot that is a problem or it always happens.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from clempo:

That gate is also down in some other modes. I think super pops is one of them and triball auto-launch too.
You might want to test if it is only the skill shot that is a problem or it always happens.

Not sure about super pops but I know it's down on triball auto-launch.

#4 5 years ago

Think I found the problem! The shaft that goes through the drop target reset mech had fallen out (missing e-clip) so I guess the machine saw the downed targets on ball-launch as "missing the skill shot".

5 years later
#5 18 days ago

I know that is an old one but for those who have the same issue, I can confirm that if you have an issue with f.e. a switch that closed the contact when you fire the ball, the gate will open an you missed the skill shot.

It happened to me when the blue „B“ standup target, left side left ramp caused issue that issue. Adjusting the contact or replacing the target solved it.

Best
Tom

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-amp-bullwinkle-skill-shot-not-working?hl=clempo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.