• Latest reply 1 year ago by Rikoshay
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

89CE2EAC-BCF9-4159-A373-446DD89F6F05 (resized).jpeg
53CE4239-B7BA-476A-8CCC-DE7F8EE2F72F (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

A friend has a R&B that when the ball is launched and goes onto the playfield then rolls over the 2 next inline switches the metal flap at the back top lifts and the ball completes its way through and it shows "you missed' on the display.

I'm told it was fine for months and has just started doing this.
So of course it makes sense that the flap isn't energised so the skill shot is achievable.

Went into audits/adjustments......didn't see any switch nor solenoid test, just game play adjustments and pricing etc. But a quick look at pinwiki I see that pressing the green button down enters into diagnostics.

Tried low power on the coil setting hoping it may not have the oomph to send it all the way around, that didn't work.

So for some reason the flap that should, I assume stay down, is being raised.

Any help advice much appreciated.

#2 1 year ago

Bump.....anyone please able to offer an explanation as to why the top back metal flap is operating therefore preventing the skill shot?

#3 1 year ago

so it will be coil 28 and I think it would be pin 7 at connector CN12. I think from what I am seeing. that should help you to trace back to what is going on. test that coil in test mode and if that is not working, check the coil, check the transistors on boards and so forth.

#4 1 year ago

that's the problem, the coil is working.

after launching the ball it rolls over 2 switches which lift the metal flap, as it should in normal gameplay so as to make a loop shot, it's like it doesn't know it's the first ball of the game, or the second ball, or third.

my understanding is the flap should stay down to allow for the skill shot, but doesn't.

#5 1 year ago

what are the two switches that it hits before getting there? is the gate down and the daisy up top flashing?

#6 1 year ago

yes the gate is down and the daisy is flashing.

I did just post in a thread 'Aw that trick never works' Rocky and Bullwinkle fans and owners club in the hope someone would come up with what to test, check etc.

#7 1 year ago

sorry i didn't tell you the switches.....after the ball launch ramp there are 2 rollover switches, 35 & 36.

i get that these would be needed to open the metal flap/rebound hinge to complete the 'rhino loop' ?

#8 1 year ago

I’d start with checking continuity from q26 to pin 1 on 7408 in pic below or to pin 14 on the 6821 at 5f

53CE4239-B7BA-476A-8CCC-DE7F8EE2F72F (resized).jpeg53CE4239-B7BA-476A-8CCC-DE7F8EE2F72F (resized).jpeg89CE2EAC-BCF9-4159-A373-446DD89F6F05 (resized).jpeg89CE2EAC-BCF9-4159-A373-446DD89F6F05 (resized).jpeg
#9 1 year ago

I'm trying to understand your train of thought on the testing of continuity.....but failing.
So Q26 in the schematic is the playfield diverter? Solenoid drive 13.

It's as though the CPU doesn't know it's the 1st ball and to not energise the rebound hinge/playfield diverter?

#10 1 year ago

So my thought is it’s a logic issue. If it was me I’d start basic then go into probing with a logic probe. If you don’t have continuity first, you’ll be chasing your tail. I always start with basics

#11 1 year ago

I get the tracing the logic bit, but the coil works, if it didn't work then I get what your suggesting to test.

The coil is raising the flap once both switches have been closed, as it should in normal game play for doing the loop, then the flap goes down indicating the coil turned off.

Not meaning to sound ungrateful. Appreciate any input.

#12 1 year ago

ok so if the coil is working, but the gate is opening upon launch. it is probably not coming down at the start of the game/ball in the shooter lane. so you have a logic issue not telling the gate to close at the start. If you have or can get leons test rom, I would use that and test out the gates in the logic to see if they are working.

#13 1 year ago

I appreciate your help, but the flap is down at the start of a ball, press the first switch and a sound is heard, press the second switch and a sound is heard and watch the flap open.

The flap works just fine, just doesn't stay down on the first ball of each launch.

I will go into switch test and test the switches with a meter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 29.50
$ 18.00
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-amp-bullwinkle-skill-shot-issue-help-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.