By rcb5588

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Insane
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Insane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from rcb5588:

I'm having a bit of a weird issue with the DMD in my Rocky and Bullwinkle. Sometimes during game play the DMD will go out, but ONLY when it should be displaying the current score, but all animations will show fine.
So for example, I have the ball in play and everything is fine. I hit a target or hole that then shows any sort of animation. The animation shows up fine. But now once it's done the DMD should be displaying my current score, but the display is blank. But then I hit another target and that specific animation works fine. Back to the score, and it's blank.
I should also mention once the ball drains, the next ball the score is displayed fine again. And only MAYBE during that next ball will the score go blank at some point.
Some games the display works fine throughout the entire game. It seems to happen most often when there is a lot going on during the game play (like during multiball).
This might be a totally separate thing, but I did notice that sometimes the display seems to lag a bit (like when I make a skill shot, it sometimes won't say I made it on the DMD until like 5 seconds later).
I haven't messed around with it too much yet besides reseating all connectors. I'll check the power supply voltages later. Just thought I'd see if anyone has any initial ideas before I start looking into it further.
Thanks!
Ross

I had a similar if not same issue, the dmd would go dark on mine, til the end of the ball then Sherman would total everything up, and it would be back. I would notice it when I had lost of things going on. I don't know what the problem was, I ended up replacing all the connectors and putting in a colordmd. Sorry for not being able to help. Here is the thread I had, there are a couple of suggestions in there.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pickup-rocky-and-bullwinkle-with-questions/page/2#post-3104022
Good Luck.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from rcb5588:

Hey thanks so much for the response. I just read through your old thread. I think I'll start by replacing all of the connectors as well. Is your display totally fixed now after replacing all of the connectors and putting in the color dmd?

I haven't seen any issues since replacing the 2 boards (went with xpin power supply and power driver board) and going with the color DMD

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Insane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-amp-bullwinkle-dmd-issue?tu=Insane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.