(Topic ID: 227008)

Rocky & Bullwinkle Backglass Animation Problem

By BrooklynBaller

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hi. Does anyone know how the backglass animation is supposed to work correctly. Sometimes the characters stick open, sometimes one or two appear. Sometimes they stay on the screen. I'm pretty sure that anyone that owns one of these knows how the correct sequence is supposed to work. When I remove the backglass, all three animals are there: Rhino, lion, Rocky. Thanks.

#2 5 years ago

you may want to remove them and put them back in. sounds like they are not sitting in the guides right if they are sticking up. you can go into test mode to make sure the coils are firing properly.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks Bax1. I didn't know that you could go into coil test mode for the animated backglass. I'll try that first and then try to remove them. Not sure how, but I'm a little handy in mechanics. I'll let you know what happens.

#4 5 years ago

While I'm trying to figure this out, does anyone know how the sequence of the pop-ups on the backglass are supposed to work?

#5 5 years ago

do you have a manual? it will guide you on how to get to coil test. in coil test, I think it will go lion, rocky, rhino. during the game there is no sequence. just random when the cpu choses.

#6 5 years ago

Thanks, Bax1.

#7 5 years ago

Are the rubber grommets still on the bottom of the coil stop area? I was messing around with mine and if those were not present, if would extend too far and the characters would get stuck.

#8 5 years ago

I don't think those would make that big of a difference. I have the lion getting stuck on mine. I might be able to check it out this week and hopefully find a fix

#9 5 years ago

I would manually work them and see if there are any "burrs" hanging them up. Or what it might be.

#10 5 years ago

Hi ,first thing is to make sure the perspex lion etc are running properly in the nylon channels, sometimes two might be in the same channel which can jam the perspex up or two will come up at once also you need to carry out the lion mod as detailed in this Pinside thread there are some good photos as well the link is called this ....R&B Rocky and Bullwinkle - mod to reduce power at the Lion backbox coil hope this helps Mark

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-amp-bullwinkle-backglass-animation-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.