IMG_3828 (resized).JPG
IMG_3830 (resized).JPG
IMG_3829 (resized).JPG
IMG_1320 (resized).JPG
IMG_1326 (resized).JPG
IMG_1323 (resized).JPG
20141010_153902-1.jpg
20140617_162234.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timetraveler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hello, I have a RockMakers that has had the cabinet painted over. I need some pictures of the sides of the cabinet and the backbox so I can repaint it. All I can find online are extremely faded ones at best (such as the ones on ipdb). Does anyone have one of these with the right colors (or at least not faded completely to pale gray) that they can take some snaps of and post them here? Or anywhere for that matter?

Thanks,
TimeTraveler

#3 10 years ago

I have an original flyer and have compared with a scan available online and the way the photo was taken for the flyer was extremely dark so the colors aren't clear on there. Not to mention that there is a clip of a girl from the backglass on covering part of the cabinet, so that doesn't help either. I have one glancing shot of the side of the machine from an old ad that shows the side colors reasonably well (compared to the washed out grays that every other picture has), but I just have that one and I would like some clear side shots. Apparently this machine is a lot rarer than the manufacturing numbers indicate.

The play is good. The layout is different from most EM's that I've seen. The upper flipper does have a purpose, just seems to be too wimpy to execute it though. There are no drop targets, which theoretically would allow for the flippers to be juiced up, but it uses an unusual two section solenoid arraignment making it a non standard affair to do that. Later zipper flipper games apparently don't use the same design so I don't know what the story is there. With the normal configuration, the ball sometimes is flitting around like crazy and sometimes really dogging out (like a drop target game with a ten bank). It's cool, I like it. Not a lot of Flintstoney themed games out there for sure.

TT

#7 10 years ago

No joy on the coin door. There were some original color remnants but I can see why the previous owner painted over it.

Good to know on the flipper coils. I will explore that at a future date.

#12 10 years ago

Yep, all white under there. So I guess whatever pallet I choose for the colors will be as good as the mysterious original.

I'll look into that 3 lug swapout. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Seattle, WA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timetraveler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rockmakers-cabinet-pictures-needed?tu=timetraveler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.