Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20141010_153902-1.jpg
20140617_162234.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Hello, I have a RockMakers that has had the cabinet painted over. I need some pictures of the sides of the cabinet and the backbox so I can repaint it. All I can find online are extremely faded ones at best (such as the ones on ipdb). Does anyone have one of these with the right colors (or at least not faded completely to pale gray) that they can take some snaps of and post them here? Or anywhere for that matter?

Thanks,
TimeTraveler

#2 5 years ago

No idea where to find those images, except maybe the original flyer might give you a better idea of the colors.

Is that game fun? I love the zipper flipper games (and would like to have a full set someday) but I almost never hear anything about that game.

#3 5 years ago

I have an original flyer and have compared with a scan available online and the way the photo was taken for the flyer was extremely dark so the colors aren't clear on there. Not to mention that there is a clip of a girl from the backglass on covering part of the cabinet, so that doesn't help either. I have one glancing shot of the side of the machine from an old ad that shows the side colors reasonably well (compared to the washed out grays that every other picture has), but I just have that one and I would like some clear side shots. Apparently this machine is a lot rarer than the manufacturing numbers indicate.

The play is good. The layout is different from most EM's that I've seen. The upper flipper does have a purpose, just seems to be too wimpy to execute it though. There are no drop targets, which theoretically would allow for the flippers to be juiced up, but it uses an unusual two section solenoid arraignment making it a non standard affair to do that. Later zipper flipper games apparently don't use the same design so I don't know what the story is there. With the normal configuration, the ball sometimes is flitting around like crazy and sometimes really dogging out (like a drop target game with a ten bank). It's cool, I like it. Not a lot of Flintstoney themed games out there for sure.

TT

#4 5 years ago

Sometimes there are un faded samples of paint under the coin door frame.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Sometimes there are un faded samples of paint under the coin door frame.

Oh, good call. Also (depending on how thorough the re-painter was) maybe under the legs, even under the playfield glass frame. But I think vid1900 has it.

#6 5 years ago

I am pretty sure you can replace those dual bobbin flipper coils with standard three lug flipper coils. That is just how Bally did them during that era.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1980&picno=20083

#7 5 years ago

No joy on the coin door. There were some original color remnants but I can see why the previous owner painted over it.

Good to know on the flipper coils. I will explore that at a future date.

#8 5 years ago

Then your last chance for good paint is by removing a side rail.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

I am pretty sure you can replace those dual bobbin flipper coils with standard three lug flipper coils. That is just how Bally did them during that era.
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1980&picno=20083

You can. I've done it. Just make sure you wire it up correctly.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

You can. I've done it. Just make sure you wire it up correctly.

ditto

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Then your last chance for good paint is by removing a side rail.

RockMakers has the lift up glass frame. No siderails to remove. You lift up the glass and it's all there.

#12 5 years ago

Yep, all white under there. So I guess whatever pallet I choose for the colors will be as good as the mysterious original.

I'll look into that 3 lug swapout. Thanks.

#13 5 years ago

There are 20 owners of this pin on the Pinball Owners website. Try contacting some of them to see if they can help you out. Here is the link.

http://www.pinballowners.com/CGI/psearch.cgi

Good luck.

#14 5 years ago

Oh, that's a good idea. There are 5 owners here on Pinside:

http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/rockmakers/owners

1 year later
#15 4 years ago

Check my pics at pinball owners under steamfitter . I sanded mine until I could see the lines , then traced it and made MDF stencils . I still have them turned pretty nice .

#16 4 years ago
20140617_162234.jpg 20141010_153902-1.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 89.99
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 19.95
Apparel - Women
Pinball Wheezer
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside