(Topic ID: 226809)

ROCKET Schematic

By currieddog

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

OK, trying to figure out the Count Down SU and I can't figure out where on the score motor 5 IMP is. It shows 2x at 8-9D on the schematic. Also, I only see 4 fuses (3-10s and a slo-blo) on the schematic but my fuse holder alone has 4 wired, and one keeps blowing. I thought it might have been a dead coil, but no. And the odd thing is, everything seems to work without it. It also does a slow smolder rather than the quick blow usually seen.

#2 5 years ago

Impulse is the A Cam that pulses 5 times on a score motor revolution.

#3 5 years ago

Why don't those 2 sw. on that cam have any connection to what 5 IMP does on the schematic, ie-Selection, Replay, and Countdown SU?

#4 5 years ago

Many different logic paths are fed through that one switch, which has a common function of pulsing the path 5x -- assuming that all the other switches on a given path are closed.

#5 5 years ago

OK. Any idea on that fuse?

#6 5 years ago

Some games use a separate fuse to enable high tap/low voltage. What are the wire colors?

#7 5 years ago

You are correct, Howard. Details from a friend: "That era of Williams games have a different implementation for high tapping a game. Gottlieb provided an extra lug on the transformer and you had to move a wire from the Normal Lug to the High lug to high tap. Williams provided two fuse holders for the 50 volt circuit....one that was Normal and one that was High. You only put a fuse in one of them."

Odd that they're not labeled, no?

Thanks all!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocket-schematic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.