Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 831 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 days ago by Pinballlew
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Space X (resized).png
    IMG_0138 (resized).jpeg
    20230729_072930 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5840 (resized).jpeg
    B6D2F8E2-9611-4D1D-A796-845D6B10FA0B (resized).jpeg
    VenusJupiter2 (resized).jpg
    VenusJupiter1 (resized).jpg
    james-webb-contributor-map (resized).png
    med_gallery_229968_21748_321752 (resized).jpg
    Moon about to occult Mars (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_20221124_184633 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20221027_182459 (resized).jpg
    20221027_183236 (resized).jpg
    20221027_181714 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

272 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pinballlew. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

Current schedule:

I’m no longer going to update the current schedule here, I’ll just include it in the thread as we go.

Original post:

Next Vandenberg Launch 3/4/24 Changed thread title to Next Rocket Launch

From Vadenbergs website:

Vehicle will launch Iridium Next commercial communications satellites 31-40. This launch occurs 30 minutes after Vandenberg AFB sunset. The rocket's bright flame should be visible over a wide area. The launch could be impressive beginning at T+ 2 minutes 12 seconds when simulations show the exhaust plume will be illuminated at high altitude by the sun.

2D292F0C-DCCE-469B-93C2-19E52BBCE8E3 (resized).png2D292F0C-DCCE-469B-93C2-19E52BBCE8E3 (resized).png

#3 6 years ago

Space.com live broadcast is cool that’s on right now also

#5 6 years ago

Nice art! It was awesome from my backyard

3 weeks later
    #8 6 years ago

Another rocket launch happening today at VAFB currently scheduled for 2:11pst. You can also watch online at UCLA launch.com.

#9 6 years ago

T-30 minutes bump

#10 6 years ago

T-4 minutes

#11 6 years ago

Not to impressive like the last one, next launch scheduled for Jan 30th

AB1DE9AE-8194-4D0A-BADD-FBB28C3F2F2D (resized).jpegAB1DE9AE-8194-4D0A-BADD-FBB28C3F2F2D (resized).jpeg

32802E8B-8A57-43AC-BF82-053AFEF996A0 (resized).jpeg32802E8B-8A57-43AC-BF82-053AFEF996A0 (resized).jpeg

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

"If I had a rocket launcher, some son of a bitch would pay"

I take it this wouldn’t do?

282C91AC-12FD-4588-BDA1-EBA1368E4F53 (resized).jpeg282C91AC-12FD-4588-BDA1-EBA1368E4F53 (resized).jpeg

#15 6 years ago

I had one of those growing up

1 week later
    #17 6 years ago

FEB 10 06:22 Falcon 9 SLC-4E Vehicle will launch Spain's Paz satellite. Liftoff occurs 31 minutes before Vandenberg AFB sunrise and could cause the exhaust plume to be illuminated by the sun when the vehicle reaches high altitude

1 week later
    #18 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

FEB 10 06:22 Falcon 9 SLC-4E Vehicle will launch Spain's Paz satellite. Liftoff occurs 31 minutes before Vandenberg AFB sunrise and could cause the exhaust plume to be illuminated by the sun when the vehicle reaches high altitude

This date has been scrubbed and moved to Feb 17th with time not determined as of yet.

#19 6 years ago

An unarmed Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) is scheduled for an overnight launch from Vandenberg Air Force Base this week.
    The launch window opens at 11:25 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 6 and closes at 5:25 a.m. on Wednesday.
    Air Force officials say the purpose of the launch is to test the effectiveness, readiness and accuracy of the ICBM weapon system.

#20 6 years ago

Postponed

#21 6 years ago

Vehicle will launch Spain's Paz earth observation satellite. Backup launch date is FEB 18. Liftoff occurs 29 minutes before Vandenberg AFB sunrise. This could cause the exhaust plume to be illuminated by the sun when the vehicle reaches high altitude

Saturday feb 17th morning at 6:17a.m.

#22 6 years ago

Is anyone reading this or care?

Delayed till Sunday at 6:17

The first SpaceX launch of the year from Vandenberg is now scheduled to liftoff Sunday at 6:16 a.m. from Space Launch Complex-4.

#23 6 years ago

Delayed yet again...doesn’t seem like anyone’s reading this though.

#27 6 years ago

Ok I’ll keep it updated then

#28 6 years ago

FEB 21 06:17 Falcon 9
    Vehicle will launch Spain's Paz earth observation satellite and two secondary payloads. Liftoff occurs 24 minutes before Vandenberg AFB sunrise. This means the exhaust plume will probably be illuminated by the sun when the vehicle reaches high altitude. Delayed from FEB 18

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'm reading but for some reason I can't see it from my house in Minnesota. I wonder why. Your lucky that you can see them, the night time ones are way cool and they drive those "we have never been to space" wackos bonkers.

Some are broadcast on the web live like this next one from SpaceX.

#31 6 years ago

Yeah since I been following these launches I have come to expect a lot of delays.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Following. Is it 7:17 am cst.

It is 6:17am pst so I believe that is 8:17am cst
    If your in cst though you will have to view the livestream.
    The following is the possible viewing area.

3488B9A0-2DEC-4E8D-BCA3-531F49EA5838 (resized).jpeg3488B9A0-2DEC-4E8D-BCA3-531F49EA5838 (resized).jpeg

#38 6 years ago

Www.spacex.com

#39 6 years ago

Delayed to tomorrow due to high altitude winds

#42 6 years ago

Yeah...if nothing else it made me a early riser this morning as I woke up completely lol

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from TimO:

Scrubbed again.

No it’s still a go

#48 6 years ago

Wow looked pretty cool...I’ll have pictures to post later...www.spacex.com is still live

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from TimO:

The stupid webcast told me it was scrubbed ten minutes before Go. I totally missed it!

Well I have a few pictures for you...was a pretty cool launch and I am sure you can see videos later of it.

#54 6 years ago

IMG_5151 (resized).jpgIMG_5151 (resized).jpg

IMG_5155 (resized).jpgIMG_5155 (resized).jpg

IMG_5157 (resized).jpgIMG_5157 (resized).jpg

#55 6 years ago

IMG_5158 (resized).jpgIMG_5158 (resized).jpg

IMG_5162 (resized).jpgIMG_5162 (resized).jpg

IMG_5163 (resized).jpgIMG_5163 (resized).jpg

#56 6 years ago

IMG_5165 (resized).jpgIMG_5165 (resized).jpg

IMG_5166 (resized).jpgIMG_5166 (resized).jpg

IMG_5167 (resized).jpgIMG_5167 (resized).jpg

#57 6 years ago

This is pretty cool seeing the first stage booster separated to land on the drone ship for future use.
    IMG_5168 (resized).jpgIMG_5168 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5169 (resized).jpgIMG_5169 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5170 (resized).jpgIMG_5170 (resized).jpg

#58 6 years ago

Not sure what planet that is on the right...anyone know?
    The last picture you can see both the booster rocket below and the stage two rocket aiming for orbit above.
    IMG_5172 (resized).jpgIMG_5172 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5175 (resized).jpgIMG_5175 (resized).jpg

#62 6 years ago

That BFRrocket is huge! Yeah I will get a lot closer for that one!

#64 6 years ago

Well I’m just saying I’m not very close to vandenberg

#66 6 years ago

Next launch:

MAR 20 08:08 Falcon 9 SLC-4E Vehicle will launch Iridium Next commercial communications satellites 41-50. Liftoff occurs well after sunrise, but the rocket's bright orange flame could be visible for more than 100 miles.

FEB? To be
    announced Minuteman III --- Vehicle will fly a ballistic trajectory. Delayed from FEB 6-7*

*missile still planned to launch but no date given since it was cancelled.

2 weeks later
    #67 6 years ago

They have changed the date

MAR 29 07:19:49 Falcon 9 SLC-4E Vehicle will launch Iridium Next commercial communications satellites 41-50. Liftoff occurs after sunrise, but the rocket's bright orange flame could be visible for more than 100 miles.

2 weeks later
    #74 6 years ago

Delayed till 7:08 a.m. on Saturday. Some problem with one of the satellites.

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from TimO:

Iridium 5. The view from SLO

I missed that they moved it up a day....glad you caught it

1 month later
    #80 5 years ago

MAY 5 04:05-06:05 Atlas V SLC-3E Vehicle will send the Mars InSight spacecraft and two communications relay satellites to Mars. If the launch occurs before dawn, it could be visible for more than 300 miles.

This one should be impressive...we’re shooting for Mars!

#81 5 years ago

Successful launch

5 months later
    #87 5 years ago

Been awhile since I have updated this thread but this should be a cool launch and if in California you will probably hear the sonic boom.

OCT 7 19:21 Falcon 9 SLC-4E Vehicle will launch Argentina's SAOCOM-1A satellite. A preliminary analysis by Rick Baldrige indicates the rocket's exhaust plume will be illuminated by the sun around the time of stage 2 ignition. An attempt will be made to have the jettisoned first stage make a powered soft landing at Vandenberg.

#91 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

If there's video could you post a link?

It’s a SpaceX launch so I bet it will be live on their website. SpaceX.com

2 months later
    #118 5 years ago

I’ve been slacking but yeah launch coming up shortly

#123 5 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Something happened at T-7 andbthey aborted. Clock is reset to T-4 minutes.
    It was interesting seeing the flames at the bottom and then just shut down. I believe they said before the attempt that initial flames are for burning off excess hydrogen.

Something caught fire that wasn’t supposed to and they shut it down

#136 5 years ago

Reschedule is tomorrow at 8:15

#138 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Reschedule is tomorrow at 8:15

This is not accurate..sorry, not sure when the launch will be rescheduled.

#139 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

This is not accurate..sorry, not sure when the launch will be rescheduled.

OK this might be accurate, Can’t hurt to look at 8:15 tonight. My wife heard it on the radio but nothing on Vandenberg website or ula website

#144 5 years ago

Launch scrubbed for tonight due to high winds, will attempt the 19th @5:44pm

#150 5 years ago

10 minutes!

#152 5 years ago

It’s still a go right now

#154 5 years ago

Your right scrubbed lol

#160 5 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

What the hell? There was this thing in the sky that everyone including NASA is saying was a meteor. Was it not plainly a weather balloon of some sort? Come on really? At the exact time that a big rocket is about to be launched you mean to tell me a random meteor appeared in the sky right above where the rocket was going to launch, and oh by the way it doesn't look like any other meteor that comes crashing and burning through the atmosphere in a STRAIGHT LINE? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I was watching the web site as they were counting it down, unfortunately I can't find the timed feed anywhere, but they plainly said something like "the wind conditions in the upper atmosphere have been checked and the launch is ready to go" just a few minutes before the expected launch time. You know, like 5:36 PM. Like, the same time that thing showed up in the sky. Which was a weather balloon, not a meteor give me a break.

Does seem strange
    2E79045D-BD2E-43E0-A2FA-269908D2B0FA (resized).png2E79045D-BD2E-43E0-A2FA-269908D2B0FA (resized).png

#162 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

What timing, this morning around 2am a meteor probably the size of a dishwasher lit up the sky here in the MPLS/SP area and actually made a big BOOM sound. I was awake at that time but didn't see it but I sure heard it. Didn't look outside cuz I knew the sound always comes after the light like lightning. Google Meteor MPLS/SP and see if anything comes up. Some people caught it on video.

#164 5 years ago

I bet so. I was watching some show on meteorite hunters. I didn’t realize they are pretty valuable.

#169 5 years ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

I snapped these pics while on my way to Concord the other night. Was wondering what it was.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Official report is a meteor. Looks almost exactly like the picture I posted above.

1 week later
    #177 5 years ago

Jan 8th

Launch time: 1548 GMT (10:48 a.m. EST; 7:48 a.m. PST)
    Launch site: SLC-4E, Vandenberg Air Force Base, California
    A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch 10 satellites for the Iridium next mobile communications fleet.

#179 5 years ago

ULA’s Delta IV Heavy rocket launch delayed indefinitely

The Delta IV Heavy rocket doesn’t appear to be launching any time soon.

According to The United Launch Alliance, it announced on Saturday the “Delta IV Heavy carrying the NROL-71 mission launch date is under review.”

A new launch date and time will be provided pending the results of additional testing, the company stated.

“We continue to remedy the technical issues that caused the last scrub of the Delta IV Heavy, and are working with our partners, the National Reconnaissance Office and the U.S. Air Force, to ensure that we fly when it is safe to do so,” said Gary Wentz, vice president of Government and Commercial programs, “we understand that this is a high-priority mission for the nation’s warfighters and we take our commitment to safety and mission assurance seriously.”

A launch alert email stated it more bluntly, “The Delta IV Heavy launch has been delayed indefinitely. There is no new launch date.”

The next announced Vandenberg AFB rocket launch is a Falcon 9 on the morning of January 8. The Falcon is scheduled to lift off from south base at 07:48 PST and carry Iridum NEXT satellites 66-75 into orbit.

#183 5 years ago

Yep scrubbed, I am actually glad since I had a conflicting appointment and wouldn’t be able to watch live.

#184 5 years ago

Approved on the range – now targeting January 11 launch of Iridium-8 from Vandenberg Air Force Base. Weather is 60% favorable for the instantaneous launch opportunity at 7:31 a.m. PST, 15:31 UTC.

#187 5 years ago

Yeah foggy here too right now

#190 5 years ago

The sky cleared enough to see it but wasn’t that impressive just a little smoke, couldn’t see the flames.

#194 5 years ago

JAN 19th 11:05am

Delta IV
    Heavy SLC-6 Vehicle will launch the NROL-71 payload for the U.S. National Reconnaissance Office

United Launch Alliance has targeted Saturday for the launch of a Delta IV Heavy from Vandenberg Air Force Base.

The rocket was first set to launch in December but issues during more than one attempt forced ULA to postpone the launch indefinitely.

The Jan. 19 date was announced Tuesday.

When the rocket takes off it will deliver a satellite for the National Reconnaissance Office into orbit.

Saturday’s launch is set for 11:05 a.m. from SLC-6.

#196 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks. You got a link to the site?

I don’t currently. I usually just search on google live coverage before launch.

#199 5 years ago

T- 60 minutes bump

#206 5 years ago

I could see it..,was not impressive a little smoke trail like looking at a airplane. Could only see it towards the beginning of launch.

2 weeks later
    #211 5 years ago

Last minute (pun intended). Minuteman missile launched TONIGHT!

A developmental test launch for an unarmed Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile is scheduled out of Vandenberg Air Force Base as soon as Tuesday.

The Air Force Global Strike Command will conduct the test launch.

The window is open from 11:01 p.m. Tuesday through 5:01 a.m. Wednesday.

According to the 30th Space Wing Public Affairs, developmental testing provides important data to Air Force Global Strike Command. The tests are not related to any real-world events.

#213 5 years ago

I forgot to set my reminder on my phone and forgot to watch

A Minuteman III missile launched Tuesday night from Vandenberg Air Force Base.

Air Force Global Strike Command tells KSBY the unarmed intercontinental ballistic missile lifted off at 11:01 p.m., which was the start of the six-hour launch window.

A press release from Vandenberg Air Force Base states, “While Global Strike Command representatives assert that missile tests are scheduled months or years in advance, this test comes just four short days after the Trump administration suspended from the U.S. from the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty, a crucial landmark Treaty between the U.S. and Russia that eliminated entire categories of nuclear weapons.”

A base spokesperson says these test launches provide instrumental data for future projects.

The base says the tests, which occur about four times a year, are not related to any real-world events.

1 month later
    #229 5 years ago

MAY 16-22 Falcon 9 Vehicle will launch three RADARSAT earth imaging satellites for Canada. Delayed from MAR

1 week later
    #231 5 years ago

They snuck this launch in... noticed the aftermath smoke while driving.

UPDATE: VAFB conducts missile test launch
    Lindsay Zuchelli
    Published Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:40 AM PDT
    Updated Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:43 AM PDT
    UPDATE (10:40 a.m.) – Vandenberg Air Force Base officials confirm a launch was completed Monday morning.

The base previously confirmed a missile test was scheduled at the base.

What appeared to be two missiles were seen in the sky just after 10:30 a.m.

Rocket launch

The base hasn’t specified what was launched but says more information will be released later Monday.

UPDATE (8 a.m.) – Vandenberg Air Force Base officials say a missile is scheduled to launch from the base Monday.

“We can confirm that a scheduled missile test will occur at Vanderberg Air Force Base this morning,” base officials said in a statement.

The base previously released a statement saying the missile launch had already occurred, but later clarified that it had not happened yet.

No other details about the launch have been released, and base officials didn’t have an exact time frame for the launch.

Base officials say the Department of Defense is expected to share more information about the test launch later in the day.

ORIGINAL STORY (7:37 a.m.) – A rocket launch is reportedly scheduled Monday out of Vandenberg Air Force Base.

The base hasn’t released any details on the planned launch, however, Amtrak says at least one train may be delayed because of it.

Pacific Surfliner tweeted just after 7 a.m. Monday, saying Train 774 may be delayed between Guadalupe and Lompoc due to a planned rocket launch

#232 5 years ago

UPDATE (3:30 p.m.) – For the first time, Vandenberg Air Force Base has simultaneously launched two Ground-Based Interceptor missiles during a weapons test.

The two missiles could be seen in the sky over the Central Coast just after 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.

The job of the two missiles was to destroy a “threat-representative” Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) launched from the Marshall Islands more than 4,000 miles away.

The U.S. Missile Defense Agency says the test was a success. One of the interceptors struck and destroyed the ICBM, while the second interceptor analyzed the debris and selected the next “most lethal object” and destroyed it.

“This was the first GBI salvo intercept of a complex, threat-representative ICBM target, and it was a critical milestone,” said MDA Director Air Force Lt. Gen. Samuel A. Greaves. “The system worked exactly as it was designed to do, and the results of this test provide evidence of the practicable use of the salvo doctrine within missile defense. The Ground-based Midcourse Defense system is vitally important to the defense of our homeland, and this test demonstrates that we have a capable, credible deterrent against a very real threat.”

1 month later
    #238 4 years ago

Vandenberg Air Force Base will launch an unarmed Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile this Thursday, May 9.

The launch is scheduled to take place between 12:39 a.m. and 6:39 a.m.

It’s a test to determine the weapon system’s effectiveness, readiness, and accuracy, according to Air Force Global Strike Command.

While such test launches typically occur about once a quarter, this will be the third Minuteman III launch so far this year and the second this month.

#239 4 years ago

Successful launch

#241 4 years ago
    Quoted from G-P-E:

One of our satellites went T.U. this morning.
    Nearly 22 years on orbit -- not bad for having an expected 5 year life span.
    Won't have a replacement in the can for a few years yet. These normally lift out of Vandenberg.

What’s T.U. Stand for?

#243 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

'breasts' up, but the slang

Lol...ok I needed my second cup of coffee.

4 weeks later
    #246 4 years ago

JUN 11 07:17 Falcon 9 Vehicle will launch three RADARSAT earth imaging satellites for Canada. Daylight launch

#249 4 years ago

Going up in like 3 minutes watch live at www.spacex.com/webcast

#258 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

First Falcon Heavy night launch is a little over a week away. Gonna try to get up close for that one.

Where is the launch?

A little tired when I asked the ? (Jet lag)
    Launch window: 0330-0730 GMT on 25th (11:30 p.m.-3:30 a.m. EDT on 24th/25th)
    Launch site: LC-39A, Kennedy Space Center, Florida

5 months later
    #280 4 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

They probably say the government and space companies fake the video/images. Science is just too scary or too complicated for some. There is nothing wrong with questioning or challenging known understandings/science but you still have to be able to work within what has been discovered and/or proven.
    Another argument I have seen from flat earthers is that we are living in a sort of Truman show where nothing is really real (artificial reality).

Elon Musk believes we most likely live in a artificial reality and has stated that he thinks the odds we live in base reality is less then 1 in a billion. separate issue from the flat earthers beliefs. I just think it’s funny since you know he heads up Space X.

#283 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Really, I never knew that about him.

Yeah, I thought it rather odd myself. Search YouTube on Elon musk and reality.

2 weeks later
    #284 4 years ago

FEB 18 Firefly Alpha
    pad = SLC-2W VAFB

Firefly Alpha first flight

3 weeks later
    #285 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

FEB 18 Firefly Alpha
    pad = SLC-2W VAFB
    Firefly Alpha first flight

They erased the date and it just reads early 2020 now

1 week later
    #286 4 years ago

A test launch of an unarmed Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile is scheduled to take place at Vandenberg Air Force Base next week.

The launch window is between 12:08 a.m. and 6:08 a.m. on Wednesday, February 5.

6 months later
    #334 3 years ago

An unarmed Minuteman III is scheduled to launch from Vandenberg Air Force Base Tuesday.

The test launch window opens at 12:21 a.m. and lasts through 6:21 a.m.

“The purpose of the ICBM test launch program is to verify the safety, security, effectiveness and readiness of the weapon system," according to Air Force Global Strike Command in a press release.

The unarmed intercontinental ballistic missile is set to lift off from north base.

82449851-41C2-440E-AF68-58723ED77D53 (resized).jpeg82449851-41C2-440E-AF68-58723ED77D53 (resized).jpeg
    4 weeks later
    #336 3 years ago

Missed the last launch? Here is your chance...these usually launch in the first 5 minutes of the launch window.

A Minuteman III is set to launch from Vandenberg Air Force Base overnight.

The test launch of the unarmed intercontinental ballistic missile is scheduled for Wednesday between 12:02 a.m. and 6:02 a.m. from the northern part of the base.

"The purpose of the ICBM test launch program is to verify the safety, security, effectiveness and readiness of the weapon system, according to Air Force Global Strike Command," as mentioned in a press release.

The test comes nearly a month after the last unarmed Minuteman III launched from the base.

D4E6AF0B-D0FA-4CFC-B846-6F555E9E0892 (resized).jpegD4E6AF0B-D0FA-4CFC-B846-6F555E9E0892 (resized).jpeg
    #337 3 years ago

A Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile launched from Vandenberg Air Force Base on Wednesday at 12:03 a.m.

According to Air Force Global Strike Command, the purpose of the ICBM test launch program was to verify the safety, security, effectiveness and readiness of the weapon system.

The test launch used an unarmed missile that traveled over 4,000 miles, at a speed of more than 15,000 mph.

Col. Kris Barcomb, the launch decision authority, said, “Our outstanding Airmen and space professionals continue to showcase flawless execution and teamwork between the 30th Space Wing and the 576th Flight Test Squadron. This test launch represents another successful demonstration of our nation’s capability and underscores the fact that our nuclear enterprise is safe, secure, reliable, effective and ready to defend the United States and our allies.”

2 weeks later
    #340 3 years ago

NOV 10 11:45 Falcon 9 SLC-4E Vehicle will launch the Sentinel 6A (Jason-CS) sea level measuring satellite

4 weeks later
    #347 3 years ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

Anything at Vandenburg planned?
    Message from the Freeeek Space Kingdom.

November 10th

#348 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Whoops, we missed the recent Soyuz launch, it set a record.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/av/science-environment-54545170

Yeah I just usually post about Vandenberg launches as they are the ones I can see in my backyard

2 weeks later
    #349 3 years ago

Minuteman test tonight (Thursday early morning) scheduled to launch between 12:27 a.m. and 6:27 a.m. Pacific Time from Vandenberg Thursday morning.

#352 3 years ago
    Quoted from bobmathuse:

Original thread heading can almost be repeated in two weeks: Space X Falcon 9 set to launch a joint NASA / ESA satellite at 11:31 a.m. Weather should be good, so no visibility issues likely, only drawback is day launches are less striking than night ones. We'll probably step outside to look for it.

The thread title is talking about that launch...they just moved up the time to 11:31...will adjust

2 weeks later
    #354 3 years ago

FALCON 9
    Nov 21 9:17 am PST

1 week later
    #361 3 years ago

30 minute bump
    I know on Twitch NASA is broadcasting the launch
    There is lots of live feeds on YouTube as well

2 weeks later
    #364 3 years ago

Happening right now

#368 3 years ago

This flies in 20 minutes (well the launch window started then, I’m not sure what the window is)

#369 3 years ago

Here is another feed too. It is also on Twitch if you prefer DasValdez is the streamer

#371 3 years ago

I thought that rocket was going to fly by now, sorry guys who knows, I guess I’ll watch the vod if it does lol

#378 3 years ago

Yeah I have been super busy today so missed this. Here’s a article posted in my news feed. Musk is a good interviewee

SpaceX’s test flight of its next-generation Starship rocket was deemed a success, despite a bit of an explosive landing.

As part of the launch, SpaceX attempted to perform a “flip landing” of the rocket. Although the flip landing resulted in the rocket blowing up, the finish was not unexpected.

“Lot of things need to go right, so maybe 1/3 chance,” SpaceX founder Elon Musk said last month about the odds of the rocket nailing the landing.

The rocket’s mission was not to leave Earth’s atmosphere, but to test several parts of the Starship rocket.

“This suborbital flight is designed to test a number of objectives, from how the vehicle’s three Raptor engines perform to the overall aerodynamic entry capabilities of the vehicle (including its body flaps) to how the vehicle manages propellant transition. SN8 will also attempt to perform a landing flip maneuver, which would be a first for a vehicle of this size,” SpaceX said before the flight.

SpaceX said even if not everything went correctly, there would be plenty to learn from this test to improve on future flights.

“With a test such as this, success is not measured by completion of specific objectives but rather how much we can learn, which will inform and improve the probability of success in the future as SpaceX rapidly advances development of Starship,” SpaceX said.

Musk deemed aspects of the launch a success.

“Successful ascent, switchover to header tanks & precise flap control to landing point!” Musk tweeted.

The rocket remained airborne for over six minutes, and it was slated to reach an altitude of 41,000 feet.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=996732804189406

1 week later
    #379 3 years ago

I didn’t realize there was a launch today it canceled first attempt but they might try again apparently in 20 minutes they will know if they will start countdown . Launch timer is set at t-45 minutes right now. Launching out of Florida.

#380 3 years ago

Scrubbed till tomorrow 9am est

#381 3 years ago

Launching a classified spy satellite out of Florida. If you are on twitch a video feed is live if you search DasValdez

#382 3 years ago

3 weeks later
    #384 3 years ago

T-30 minutes

54097BB7-AD4D-40D0-A772-59653B98A1BF (resized).jpeg54097BB7-AD4D-40D0-A772-59653B98A1BF (resized).jpeg

#385 3 years ago

Unfortunately in a Hold currently

#386 3 years ago

T-10 minutes now

#389 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Away we go!!
    Thanks, I would have missed another launch.

Could you see it from where you are?

1 week later
    #393 3 years ago

Space X doing another test flight of SN 9. Launch time isn’t specified though

#394 3 years ago

Looks to be scrubbed

#396 3 years ago

Let’s try again

#403 3 years ago

Will it fly today?

#405 3 years ago

Less then 10 minutes maybe

#407 3 years ago

Yeah pretty impressive flight...back to the drawing board on the landing.

#409 3 years ago

Wonder what SN10’s face looked like at time of landing

1 week later
    #418 3 years ago

Well don’t know much about this one but it’s live now

#419 3 years ago
    5838A9A2-D40F-4E74-BB25-57047D3E672C (resized).jpeg5838A9A2-D40F-4E74-BB25-57047D3E672C (resized).jpeg
    #420 3 years ago

Space X direct link

#427 3 years ago

Perseverance Mars rover landing going live today in 90 minutes. This is being streamed on most platforms so if you prefer Twitch it’s on the NASA channel there too.

#430 3 years ago

Another good live channel

#431 3 years ago

NASA channel on Twitch is also live too.

#434 3 years ago

Some of the first images!

1E289A9A-40FA-4A30-A6C5-25B9197798C8 (resized).jpeg1E289A9A-40FA-4A30-A6C5-25B9197798C8 (resized).jpeg34E529BA-0D67-4A3F-8AF1-B50D170E3290 (resized).jpeg34E529BA-0D67-4A3F-8AF1-B50D170E3290 (resized).jpegC35BF6CA-1A77-4083-9CDA-E75E864A0B5D (resized).jpegC35BF6CA-1A77-4083-9CDA-E75E864A0B5D (resized).jpeg

#440 3 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

So I heard they are flying a drone on this mission?

Yes this is on board

690AFB66-BBCF-4962-8413-167398574F9A (resized).jpeg690AFB66-BBCF-4962-8413-167398574F9A (resized).jpeg
    #441 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Funny. With that picture. I always wondered as a government agency. What IF they landed and the first photos had aliens like that standing there? Would they share those with the world or say "hell no" way too much to share and freak people out! lol

No way would that photo be released to the public lol

#445 3 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

How far can it venture from the base lander?

Not sure

#449 3 years ago

Couple of color images released...not the best resolution yet NASA said much better photos to come. NASA stated that they will have a lot more released Monday...
    possibly video too.

34C1C40F-DFD6-4EC1-9E2E-9C74A98744AD (resized).jpeg34C1C40F-DFD6-4EC1-9E2E-9C74A98744AD (resized).jpeg412C2E82-0859-4842-8AC6-4F119BB7CD2E (resized).jpeg412C2E82-0859-4842-8AC6-4F119BB7CD2E (resized).jpeg

B4CD3FFE-A611-4487-8B4A-FC303333295F (resized).jpegB4CD3FFE-A611-4487-8B4A-FC303333295F (resized).jpeg

#451 3 years ago

Thought seeing this was pretty cool.

HiRISE Captured Perseverance During Descent to Mars

The descent stage holding NASA’s Perseverance rover can be seen falling through the Martian atmosphere.

From Wikipedia:
    High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment is a camera on board the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter which has been orbiting and studying Mars since 2006. The 65 kg (143 lb), US$40 million instrument was built under the direction of the University of Arizona's Lunar and Planetary Laboratory by Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp. It consists of a 0.5 m (19.7 in) aperture reflecting telescope, the largest so far of any deep space mission, which allows it to take pictures of Mars with resolutions of 0.3 m/pixel (about 1 foot), resolving objects below a meter across.

HiRISE has imaged Mars exploration rovers on the surface, including the Opportunity rover and the ongoing Curiosity mission.[1]

D54E5221-EAF8-4793-98C1-8534954915D9 (resized).jpegD54E5221-EAF8-4793-98C1-8534954915D9 (resized).jpeg
    #452 3 years ago

Restocking the Space Station launch approximately 30 minutes away

#454 3 years ago

NASA released some videos

Also they are live right now debrief (caught it late but you can rewind it live also if want to watch from beginning)

#457 3 years ago

An unarmed Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile is scheduled to launch from Vandenberg Air Force Base this week.

The test launch window is between 11:47 p.m. Tuesday and 5:47 a.m. Wednesday from the northern part of the base.

“The purpose of the ICBM test launch program is to validate and verify the effectiveness, readiness and accuracy of the weapon system, according to Air Force Global Strike Command," base officials said in a press release.

It's the first test launch of a Minuteman III to take place at Vandenberg this year. The last one was in October.

#460 3 years ago

Unfortunately I fell asleep before

An operational test launch of an Air Force Global Strike Command unarmed Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile launched from Vandenberg Air Force Base Tuesday night at 11:49 p.m.

According to Air Force Global Strike Command, the purpose of the ICBM test launch program is to validate and verify the safety, security, effectiveness and readiness of the weapon system.

Col. Joseph Tringe, 30th Space Wing individual mobilization augmentee to the commander, was the launch decision authority and said, “This first launch of the year demonstrates our ability to provide safe, secure range operations to our launch partners while maintaining a continuous state of readiness. The outstanding teamwork of the Airmen and Guardians here at Vandenberg is a true testament to the future of space operations on the Western Range and our ability to defend the United States and our allies.”

The last Minuteman III missile launched in October of 2020.

#461 3 years ago

Watch some satellites launched on the Falcon 9 live now!

#462 3 years ago

Scrubbed at t- 1:24 till tomorrow

#463 3 years ago

#464 3 years ago

Potentially will launch within 7 minutes

#465 3 years ago

Engine lit at launch then emergency shut off at T-0.1 seconds. Rocket shut itself off. Most likely won’t try again today. Well they said they might try again today, they are still evaluating as I type this.

Update: on track to launch today currently at T- :50

#466 3 years ago

Pretty cool picture of the vent time line indicators

F194E722-1A97-4F05-B75E-DD310C21C7C9 (resized).jpegF194E722-1A97-4F05-B75E-DD310C21C7C9 (resized).jpeg
    #476 3 years ago

Yeah I’m not sure why they wait so close to come out of the belly flop. I thought the same thing too.

#477 3 years ago

If you can’t sleep

#483 3 years ago

Here’s a good video of the SN10 flight and explosion

2 weeks later
    #485 3 years ago

Launch in the wee hours 3/24 morning.

#492 3 years ago

Yeah it might fly today

#498 3 years ago

#500 3 years ago

No that’s a YouTube super chat or paid comment feature. The YouTube channel I posted the stream of is not Space X or NASA. They are just a group of people that document these flights.

#501 3 years ago

Today’s failed flight highlight clip....I missed this as I had to go to Lowe’s and replace our Washing Machine. Sorry didn’t post live link, was distracted.

#505 3 years ago

It is actually scheduled for the 25th at 5 PDT.

https://www.spacelaunchschedule.com/launch/delta-iv-heavy-nrol-82/

2 weeks later
    #517 3 years ago

Vandenberg Air Force Base is scheduled for a rocket launch next week.

The base is scheduled to support the launch of a United Launch Alliance Delta IV Heavy rocket on Monday, April 26.

Base officials say the rocket is carrying a National Reconnaissance Office payload from Space Launch Complex-6.

The launch window opens at 12 p.m.

Col. Anthony Mastalir, 30th Space Wing commander, is the launch decision authority.

"Our tremendous partnership with United Launch Alliance and the National Reconnaissance Office is driven by our collective dedication to mission success," said Col. Anthony Mastalir, 30th Space Wing commander. "We are proud of our ability to provide assured access to space and look forward to showcasing this national capability for heavy lift on the Western Range in support of the NRO."

#520 3 years ago

Here’s a watch for tonight if interested

#523 2 years ago

Live now

#525 2 years ago

I just saw this live launching now

#530 2 years ago

Here’s today’s flight to watch

#533 2 years ago

#534 2 years ago

Looks possible that it’s about to fly

#535 2 years ago

Pretty impressive!

3 weeks later
    #541 2 years ago

1 week later
    #543 2 years ago

Here’s a possible launch in 30 minutes

#545 2 years ago

Wish I was in Florida, love night launches live. T-30 minutes

1 month later
    #549 2 years ago

4 weeks later
    #554 2 years ago

1 month later
    #560 2 years ago

SpaceX is scheduled to launch a Falcon 9 rocket from Vandenberg Space Force Base on Monday night.

The rocket is scheduled to go up at 8:55 p.m.

If the launch needs to be scrubbed for any reason, they'll have another chance to launch at 8:56 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 14.

The rocket will be delivering 51 Starlink satellites into orbit. They're expected to be deployed about 15 minutes into flight.

Starlink is SpaceX's high-speed broadband satellite internet service intended to reach rural and remote communities.

Following stage separation, SpaceX will land the rocket's first stage booster on the "Of Course I Still Love You" droneship, stationed in the Pacific Ocean, so it can potentially be used again.

This booster was previously used in nine other launches, including seven Starlink missions.

A live webcast of the launch will be available on YouTube starting about 15 minutes before liftoff.

This is the third launch at Vandenberg Space Force Base this month.

On September 2, Firefly Aerospace launched its Alpha rocket for the first time. The rocket exploded about 2 minutes and 30 seconds after liftoff.

On September 12, the military conducted a test launch of a ground-based interceptor missile.

The next launch at the base is currently scheduled for September 23. United Launch Alliance's Atlas V rocket will launch NASA's Landsat 9 satellite into orbit.

#562 2 years ago

Here’s Space X feed too

#563 2 years ago

Good time to watch t-5 minutes approximately

#565 2 years ago

It’s first all Civilian crew in orbit. All I know is they have lots of science experiments to conduct, yes they can leave their seats. Elon Musk can do what he wants I guess. Seriously though probably has a lot of technology experiments to further his company. I don’t know much though I just realized the launch was today from seeing it scheduled on YouTube.

#567 2 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

who has a good link for what the current crew is doing?

https://www.space.com/inspiration4-spacex-mission-10-things-to-know

#569 2 years ago

Best suggestion is subscribing to the following YouTube channels they offer best coverage when things go live

Space x
    Nasaspaceflight

I don’t know how much coverage there will be though.

#575 2 years ago

#576 2 years ago

#577 2 years ago

United Launch Alliance is scheduled to launch an Atlas V rocket from Vandenberg Space Force Base on Monday, September 27.

The rocket will carry NASA's Landsat 9 satellite into orbit. Monday's launch is scheduled to take place at 11:11 a.m.

United Launch Alliance plans to offer a livestream of the launch. Live coverage will also be available starting at 10:30 a.m. on NASA Television.

1 month later
    #585 2 years ago

Launch in 6 minutes, just saw this on YouTube

1 week later
    #586 2 years ago

It seems like something out of a science fiction movie - scientists launching a rocket to deflect an asteroid. But while it might seem out of this world, that is exactly what scientists are aiming to do with a new spacecraft launching Tuesday night from Vandenberg Space Force Base.

Thankfully, the asteroid in question is not headed Earth's way but will prove useful to scientists preparing for the future of planetary defense.

The Double Asteroid Redirection Test, or DART, is a test a full decade in the making to find out if we can change the course of an asteroid enough to keep Earth safe if one ever wanders close enough to do harm.

One of the minds behind this project is Terik Daly, a Deputy Instrument Scientist for DRACO, the camera system on DART.

“DART is a demonstration of technology we could use to deflect an asteroid if, one day, we find one that's on a collision course with the Earth,” Daly explained.

The project started over a decade ago and is now a collaboration between NASA, the Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory, SpaceX, and Vandenberg Space Force Base. They are all working together to take the next step in planetary defense.

“The asteroid or comet impact is one of the only potentially preventable natural disasters. If you could prevent a forest fire or prevent an earthquake, you'd want to learn how to do that. Here we have the potential to prevent an asteroid impact that could cause devastation across a regional area, and that is a wonderful tool to have in our toolbox if someday we need it,” Daly said.

As of right now, NASA doesn’t know of any dangerous asteroids that will impact Earth in the next century, but not all potentially damaging asteroids have been identified.

“If we find an asteroid on a collision course, the Earth will know about it and can do something about it,” Daly explained.

While intentionally crashing a spacecraft may seem strange, Daly explained that is exactly what they are doing.

“So we are taking a spacecraft and slamming it into an asteroid. It's an intentional crash of a spacecraft,” he said.

Perched atop a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket, DART will begin a 9-month journey to hit Dimorphos, an asteroid 163 meters across.

The mission will utilize self-steering technology in the last four hours of the mission. This will allow the spacecraft to hit the asteroid while operating autonomously.

“We are launching a spacecraft that's going to drive itself to an asteroid the size of the Washington Monument. The spacecraft is about the size of a large cow and so the visual you should have - it is a cow that's driving itself into the Washington Monument at 15,000 miles an hour,” Daly explained.

In the moments before crashing, DART will use its DRACO camera to send back high-definition photos of the asteroid surface for analysis. Those photos will help give detailed information about the collision surface and how that will impact the orbit change caused by the mission.

Years in the making, this mission is the first of its kind, Daly said.

"This will be the world's first test of the technology we could use to prevent an asteroid impact.”

Takeoff is scheduled for 10:21 p.m. Tuesday night from Vandenberg Space Force Base. You can watch live on NASA TV or on Facebook. We will also have the live stream on our website and we will be monitoring take off during our 10 p.m. newscast Tuesday night.

#587 2 years ago

Tonight November 23rd at 10:21 pm pst

2 months later
    #592 2 years ago

SpaceX is preparing to launch a Falcon 9 rocket from Vandenberg Space Force Base on Wednesday.

The rocket is set to lift off at 12:18 p.m. and will carry a classified payload, the National Reconnaissance Office
    announced Sunday.

The NROL-87 mission is launching on behalf of the National Reconnaissance Office, the Space Force base shared on Facebook.

The Falcon 9 rocket is a 70 m reusable rocket. The last Falcon 9 rocket successfully launched from Vandenberg Space Force Base on Dec. 18, 2021.

9E692ABE-9C1C-40AE-BF62-439DB6B44284 (resized).jpeg9E692ABE-9C1C-40AE-BF62-439DB6B44284 (resized).jpeg
    2 weeks later
    #596 2 years ago

Right now!

#600 2 years ago

A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket is scheduled to launch from Vandenberg Space Force Base Friday morning.

The launch is currently scheduled for 9:12 a.m. on Feb. 25, 2022.

The rocket will be delivering 50 Starlink satellites into orbit. They're expected to be deployed about 15 minutes into flight.

Starlink is SpaceX's high-speed broadband satellite internet service intended to reach rural and remote communities.

#601 2 years ago

#602 2 years ago

Not to impressive on the iPad camera but still cool to see it from the backyard. The rocket in first picture yeah it looks like a dot LOL, and the smoke trail aftermath.

284F97DE-A8EB-4053-8457-E3570A6F4B95 (resized).jpeg284F97DE-A8EB-4053-8457-E3570A6F4B95 (resized).jpeg9D27C676-D420-47D9-A95E-0DC192FBC6ED (resized).jpeg9D27C676-D420-47D9-A95E-0DC192FBC6ED (resized).jpeg
    #603 2 years ago

Guess the pictures were reversed lol. The launches are much more impressive then these pictures show.

#609 2 years ago

Launching in the next 25 minutes (Florida)

1 month later
    #619 2 years ago

The launch of a Falcon 9 that will send a security payload into space for the National Reconnaissance Office has been delayed for the second time.

SpaceX said they are now targeting no earlier than Sunday at 6:13 a.m. for the launch from Vandenberg Space Force Base.

The rocket was first set to liftoff Friday morning and then pushed to Saturday morning due to technical difficulties.

The latest postponement is being blamed on upper-level forecasted winds, according to SpaceX.

The NROL-85 mission is the second partnership between SpaceX and the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) this year.

It will be the first NRO launch to reuse a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket booster.

The plan is to reuse the same SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket booster used in the February NROL-87 launch.

Following the launch, the rocket's first stage will return to land on Landing Zone 4 at the base.

People from Ventura to San Luis Obispo counties may hear several sonic booms as the vehicle breaks the sound barrier upon re-entry.

2 months later
    #621 1 year ago

Central Coast residents could hear a sonic boom on Saturday.

SpaceX is scheduled to launch a Falcon 9 rocket from Vandenberg Space Force Base at 7:19 a.m. on June 18.

About eight minutes after liftoff, SpaceX will aim to land the rocket's first stage booster back on land at the base. Officials say this could create a sonic boom potentially audible to people in Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, and Ventura counties.

The rocket will deliver the SARah-1 Earth observation satellite into orbit.

The reconnaissance satellite was built by Airbus for the German armed forces.

If the rocket does not launch on Saturday as planned, there is a backup opportunity for launch on Monday, June 20 at the same time.

#622 1 year ago

Apparently this got pushed up to today launching in 30 minutes

#623 1 year ago

Actually they are separate launches so tune in tomorrow as well

#625 1 year ago

Launches in 8 minutes (Florida)

4 weeks later
    #631 1 year ago

Launching in Florida at 10:20 EST

4 weeks later
    #635 1 year ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

It hit the news that a Vandenberg Minuteman launch was just postponed because of the Taiwan situation. I was surprised to see that they launch 3 or 4 of those every year. I guess they don't always announce them in advance normally?
    I've seen several all them launched from Vandenberg, it's an impressive sight. You can just sense the potential total world-ending destruction in the sky, especially if you catch sight of the MIRVs deploying.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/article264203911.html

An unarmed Minuteman III is scheduled to launch from Vandenberg Space Force Base Tuesday.

Base officials say the routine test launch was scheduled years in advance with the purpose of validating and verifying the “effectiveness, readiness and accuracy of the weapon system” and “provide confidence in the lethality and effectiveness of the nation's nuclear deterrent,” Air Force Global Strike Command said in a press release.

The unarmed intercontinental ballistic missile is scheduled to lift off between 12:01 a.m. and 6:01 a.m. Tuesday from north base.

#636 1 year ago

Minuteman III, these usually launch right at the beginning of the launch time range.

#639 1 year ago

An unarmed intercontinental ballistic missile launched from Vandenberg Space Force Base overnight.

Base officials say the Minuteman III test launch lifted off at 12:49 a.m. Tuesday.

The routine test launch was scheduled years in advance with the purpose of validating and verifying the “effectiveness, readiness and accuracy of the weapon system” and “provide confidence in the lethality and effectiveness of the nation's nuclear deterrent,” Air Force Global Strike Command said in a press release.

"Tonight's success is due to the hard work and dedication of Guardians and Airmen from across Team Vandenberg whose contributions are vital to our nation's security," said Col. Bryan Titus, Space Launch Delta 30 vice commander and launch decision authority. "These test launches demonstrate the readiness of U.S. nuclear forces and provide confidence in the lethality and effectiveness of the nation's nuclear deterrent."

#640 1 year ago

I didn’t make it was too tired last night.

#641 1 year ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Man its tough for me to stay up that late, but I love watching those monsters light up. Will see if I can give it a shot, assuming skies are clear.
    I don't suppose there are any countdown sites or streams like the have for the various commercial launches?

I don’t think there is anything probably due to national security

#645 1 year ago

Yeah I would have missed it if I stayed up I usually just hang around for the first 10 minutes of the launch window

#646 1 year ago

The company responsible for launching a rocket that exploded shortly after takeoff from Vandenberg Space Force Base last year is set to attempt another launch next month.

In a Tweet Wednesday night, Firefly Aerospace said a successful static fire was completed and the launch of Alpha Flight 2 is scheduled for Sept. 11, adding that it is “ready and headed #ToTheBlack.”

The launch would come nearly a year after Space Launch Delta 30 reportedly terminated a Firefly Aerospace Rocket over the Pacific Ocean.

The explosion caused parts of the Alpha rocket to land in communities surrounding the base, including in peoples’ yards in Orcutt.

1ADF89EE-2CF0-4630-BE12-D00453D86663 (resized).jpeg1ADF89EE-2CF0-4630-BE12-D00453D86663 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #647 1 year ago

Tomorrow don’t miss this launch

#652 1 year ago

On a hold I guess not sure of reason…just woke up

#653 1 year ago

Ahh have a issue with one of the engines not chilling down. Still possible for launch today if they come up with a solution.

My opinion is they will scrub

#654 1 year ago

Weather just announced is also not a go currently. Chances getting slimmer for today.

#655 1 year ago

Here’s another video source

#656 1 year ago

Scrubbed

#658 1 year ago

NASA has scrubbed the launch of Artemis I Monday morning, the first of several missions that will include mankind's return to the moon.

After saying that officials were troubleshooting a hydrogen leak, NASA said that there was also a problem discovered in the rocket's third engine. Officials said that the engine was not showing the correct temperature once NASA did an engine bleed test.

"We don't launch until it's right," said NASA administrator Bill Nelson. "In fact, they have a problem with the gasses going on the engine bleed on one engine and you can't go."

The launch window was scheduled from around 8:30-10:30 a.m. Monday, but officials called it off just minutes after the window opened. The next possible launch date is Friday.

Artemis I is the first of several missions as part of the Artemis program, which NASA hopes will prepare humanity to go further than the moon.

The next Artemis mission isn't scheduled until 2024. While Artemis I will be unmanned, Artemis II will send four astronauts on a flyby of the moon. Artemis III is expected to include a crewed mission to the moon's surface.

#659 1 year ago

Duplicate

#660 1 year ago

https://www.spacex.com/launches/sl3-4/
    Tonight at 10:40

SpaceX is planning another launch from Vandenberg Space Force Base Tuesday night.

The Falcon 9 launch of 46 Starlink satellites is set for 10:40 p.m. from Space Launch Complex 4 East.

If the launch does not go Tuesday night, SpaceX will try again at the same time Wednesday night.

“The first stage booster supporting this mission previously launched Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich, DART, and four Starlink missions,” SpaceX announced.

Once the stage separation takes place, the Falcon 9’s first stage will land on the Of Course I Still Love You droneship, which is stationed in the Pacific Ocean.

The return of the first stage to earth is not expected to cause sonic booms on the Central Coast.

A live stream of the launch will be available five minutes before liftoff.

#662 1 year ago

Pretty cool launch so far

#663 1 year ago

NASA is ready to try again to launch Artemis I toward the moon on Saturday.

Engine issues prevented the rocket from lifting off on Monday. After saying that officials were troubleshooting a hydrogen leak, NASA said that there was also a problem discovered in the rocket's third engine. Officials said that the engine was not showing the correct temperature once NASA did an engine bleed test.

After making repairs, officials said the spacecraft is ready for liftoff on Saturday

"Our team is ready,” said Jeremy Parson, deputy manager for NASA Exploration Ground Systems. “They are getting better with every attempt and actually performed superbly during launch countdown number one. So in my mind, I think if the conditions with weather and the hardware align, we will absolutely go and we have the right team at kind of the right time."

Artemis I is part of a program that will send humans back to the moon.

The unmanned mission will fly by the moon before splashing down in the Pacific Ocean in October.

1 week later
    #665 1 year ago

An aerospace company attempted its second launch from Vandenberg Space Force Base today after its first rocket exploded shortly after takeoff last year.

Firefly’s second launch attempt was scrubbed after two launch attempts during the four-hour launch window.

Locals and visitors line up on Ocean Street in hopes of witnessing a rocket launch into space.

“My friend here Darren told me about it and we thought we’d come out and try to see if launch. We hear them rattle the windows all the time, so we wanted to see it up close," said Lompoc resident Jacob Glasson.

“We’re really really excited yeah, this is my first rocket launch ever," said UCSB student, Leanne Hagen.

Setting up tents and some even bringing binoculars to see the launch up close and personal.

Some spectators traveled five hours in hopes of witnessing it.

“We took off from Orange County at seven in the morning. Mainly for the kids, we wanted them to have a nice experience. Yeah learn something new and maybe open up their mind to something else in the future," said Robert Mora from Orange County.

For others, it was just luck.

“We came here for estate sale actually this morning and then we were driving to the beach and saw everyone parked alongside the street and found out that it was a rocket launch," said Hagen.

Firefly was on track to launch at 3 p.m., but aborted it just moments before liftoff due to a “drop in stage two helium supply pressure.”

Around 4:55 p.m. a second delay in launch pushed the time to 5:50 p.m. and minutes later Vandenberg officials announced the launch had been scrubbed due to a drop in helium pressure.

Firefly’s next launch window is set to be on Monday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.

#667 1 year ago

UPDATE (2:11 p.m.) - Monday's launch, the second attempt in as many days at Vandenberg Space Force Base, was scrubbed due to "Violation of wind constraints," according to Firefly.

The company says Sept. 19 and 20 have been secured as the next possibly launch dates for its Alpha rocket.

#668 1 year ago

I find this interesting:

NASA is planning to crash its Double Asteroid Redirection Test spacecraft into an asteroid on September 26.

It is part of a test to see if scientists can alter the path of Didymos. The small asteroid is a half-mile wide and has an elliptical orbit around the solar system.

Scientists want to know if a spacecraft can deflect an asteroid for planetary defense. The asteroid poses no threat to Earth.

NASA was recently able to fine-tune the spacecraft's path after scientists were able to take images of the asteroid.

“This first set of images is being used as a test to prove our imaging techniques,” said Elena Adams, the DART mission systems engineer at the Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) in Laurel, Maryland. “The quality of the image is similar to what we could obtain from ground-based telescopes, but it is important to show that DRACO is working properly and can see its target to make any adjustments needed before we begin using the images to guide the spacecraft into the asteroid autonomously.”

The asteroid’s surface is believed to be extremely rough and full of boulders. It does not have a known atmosphere.

In 2003, the asteroid came within about 5 million miles of Earth. By comparison, the moon is nearly 250,000 miles from our planet.

4D7F242C-0588-4DD3-9B9A-5AAE9F7643B2 (resized).jpeg4D7F242C-0588-4DD3-9B9A-5AAE9F7643B2 (resized).jpeg
    #669 1 year ago

Firefly Aerospace is delaying its next rocket launch attempt from Vandenberg Space Force Base because of the weather.

The company scrubbed its two previous launch attempts earlier this week.

On Sunday, Sept. 11, the launch was scrubbed because of a drop in the rocket's helium pressure. On Monday, Sept. 12, it was scrubbed due to wind.

Firefly was aiming for another attempt with a launch window starting at 12 a.m. on September 19; however, a rain storm is forecasted to move into the area starting Sunday night into Monday morning.

The company says its next launch window will be no sooner than September 29.

Firefly will be launching its Alpha rocket for only the second time.

Last September, the company launched an Alpha rocket from Vandenberg Space Force Base, but it exploded shortly after takeoff.

Firefly reported that the rocket had experienced an anomaly during the first stage ascent.

No one was hurt but the explosion scattered debris over the area with some rocket pieces being found as far away as Orcutt.

#670 1 year ago

Anticipation is growing for a rocket launch scheduled this weekend at Vandenberg Space Force Base.

The final launch of the Delta IV heavy rocket on the west coast is set to take place this Saturday.

The United States Space Force says that this is the end of an era, but the beginning of a bright future for Vandenberg.

One of the largest heavy lift rockets in the world is set to blast off into space from Vandenberg one final time this weekend.

“So, for us, seeing the last Delta launch from Vandenberg is bittersweet for sure, we’re sorry to see it go,” said Colonel Bryan Titus, Vice Commander of Space Launch Delta 30.

The delta rocket carries payloads into space for the National Reconnaissance Office which carries out top secret surveillance for national security.

“We like to say that we’re the nation’s eyes and ears in space,” said Colonel Chad Davis with the NRO’s Office of Space Launch.

Different versions of the delta rocket have been taking off from Vandenberg since 1959.

“Every launch has its thing I found. It is never easy, some of these rockets fight us til the very end,” said Colonel Davis. “It’s like they like sitting on this planet and I’m like ‘what you’re carrying hates it in gravity, we need to get it off of this planet.’”

The era of the delta rocket is coming to an end as lightweight, reusable rockets take priority.

The Delta 4 launch pad will go quiet-- at least temporarily after Saturday’s launch, but there will still be plenty of action at Vandenberg.

“From a resource perspective, there’s not a planned reduction in the workforce out here in California,” said Gary Wentz, Vice President of Government and Commercial Programs.

All eyes, meanwhile, are on Vandenberg as final preparations are underway for this final launch.

“You got to get 10 million parts working on concert simultaneously, perfectly, and then you can launch and so it’s really, really, really hard and it is no kidding rocket science,” said Colonel Davis.

“Luckily, there’s a lot of smart people I can work with on that because that’s not me.”

If you want to see the launch for yourself, the launch window opens at 1:50 p.m. on Saturday.

After Saturday, the era of the delta rocket won’t be over quite yet.

There are still two launches planned from Cape Canaveral in Florida.

ULA is also working to develop the Vulcan rocket with plans to eventually launch from Vandenberg.

#673 1 year ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

Is it bad I hope the Delta gets delayed, so it gets a night launch ??
    Its spectacular in the early evening.

I would prefer to see it at night as well

#674 1 year ago

I had the timing off I guess I’m not sure of launch window 2 or 3 hours from now? this is video coverage though.

#682 1 year ago

This is worth watching 1 hour to impact

1 month later
    #697 1 year ago

Cool pictures, sorry I have been super busy and forgetting to update the next launches I will try and get back to being more consistent.

#700 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Did you get to see the Atlas 5 launch out your way?

I unfortunately missed it…wish I didn’t for sure must have been a awesome flight to see!

1 week later
    #709 1 year ago

SpaceX is targeting Friday, November 18 for a Falcon 9 launch of 52 Starlink satellites to low-Earth orbit from Space Launch Complex 4 East (SLC-4E) at Vandenberg Space Force Base.

The instantaneous launch window is at 8:25 p.m. PT.

A live webcast of this mission will begin about five minutes prior to liftoff.

The first stage booster supporting this mission previously launched Crew-1, Crew-2, SXM-8, CRS-23, IXPE, Transporter-4, Transporter-5, Globalstar FM15, and two Starlink missions.

Following stage separation, Falcon 9’s first stage will return to Earth and land on the Of Course I Still Love You drone ship stationed in the Pacific Ocean.

A backup opportunity is available on Saturday, November 19 at 8:11 p.m. PT.

#710 1 year ago

UPDATE - Friday's scheduled launch of a Falcon 9 rocket at Vandenberg Space Force Base has been canceled.

SpaceX said it needed to take a closer look at data from the rocket's static fire test.

A new launch date has not yet been announced.

2 weeks later
    #713 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

While we wait for the next big event...
    "Goodnight Oppy" (Opportunity and Spirit rovers) documentary released yesterday on Prime.
    Good so far, I can see some liberties taken for the 'non-space geeks', but still very enjoyable.
    amazon.com link »[quoted image]

Wow just saw this I’ve been busy and haven’t been on Pinside in awhile…I look forward to watching this!

#714 1 year ago

DEC 15 03:46:40 Falcon 9 SLC-4E Vehicle will launch the SWOT scientific satellite into orbit

That’s next scheduled but there is some more December launches also with date and times to be scheduled still.

#723 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mthomasslo:

Pinballlew Were you aware that parts of the Opportunity and Spirit rovers were made in San Luis Obispo, by Next Intent?

Wow, no I didn’t realize that. Very cool thanks for the heads up.

1 month later
    #731 1 year ago

https://www.spacex.com/launches/mission/?missionId=sl2-6

SpaceX is postponing a Falcon 9 rocket launch from Vandenberg Space Force Base.

The launch was originally scheduled for 8:47 a.m. on Sunday, Jan. 29. According to a Twitter post from SpaceX, the launch is now planned for Monday, January 30 at 8:34 a.m. PT, due to the completion of pre-launch checkouts.

The rocket will deliver 49 Starlink satellites into low-Earth orbit, along with D-Orbit’s ION Satellite Carrier "SCV009 Eclectic Elena."

About eight minutes after liftoff, SpaceX will aim to land the rocket's first stage booster on the Of Course I Still Love You drone ship stationed in the Pacific Ocean.

The booster being used in this mission has been used in six other missions.

A live webcast of the launch is scheduled to begin about five minutes before liftoff.

If needed, there is an additional launch opportunity on the same day at 12:31 p.m. PT.

#733 1 year ago

The launch has once again been postponed until 8:15 a.m. on Tuesday.

SpaceX says the delay will allow for additional time for pre-launch checkouts.

In a tweet, the company said, "weather is looking good for liftoff."

1 week later
    #734 1 year ago

An unarmed Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile is scheduled to launch from Vandenberg Space Force Base between Thursday night and Friday morning.

The launch is scheduled to take place between 11:01 p.m. on February 9 and 5:01 a.m. on February 10.

According to Air Force officials, the launch is a routine test that was scheduled years in advance. The purpose of the test is to demonstrate the readiness of U.S. nuclear forces and "validate and verify the effectiveness, readiness and accuracy of the weapon system.

#735 1 year ago

SpaceX is planning a Falcon 9 rocket launch of 51 Starlink satellites at Vandenberg Space Force Base.

This will be SpaceX's third launch from Vandenberg Space Force Base this year.

The launch is scheduled for Friday at 11:12 a.m.

Starlink is SpaceX's high-speed broadband satellite internet service designed to reach rural and remote communities.

Following stage separation, SpaceX plans to land the rocket's first stage booster on the "Of Course I Still Love You" drone ship stationed in the Pacific Ocean.

The same booster was previously used to launch Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich, DART, and six Starlink missions.

If for some reason the launch is delayed, the base plans to try the launch on Saturday, at 10:58 a.m.

2 weeks later
    #739 1 year ago

SpaceX is now targeting Thursday afternoon for its latest launch from Vandenberg Space Force Base.

A Falcon 9 rocket was originally planned to liftoff from the base on Monday but has been pushed multiple times to other days or times.

The Starlink mission is now scheduled to lift off at 2:50 p.m. Thursday from Space Launch Complex 4 East (SLC-4E).

The launch will deploy 51 Starlink satellites and be SpaceX's fourth launch from Vandenberg this year.

Starlink is SpaceX's high-speed broadband satellite internet service designed to reach rural and remote communities.

Following stage separation, SpaceX plans to land the rocket's first stage booster on the "Of Course I Still Love You" drone ship stationed in the Pacific Ocean.

2 weeks later
    #746 1 year ago

A SpaceX rocket launch is scheduled to take place this Friday at Vandenberg Space Force Base.

The Falcon 9 rocket is set to take off at 12:21 p.m.

It will be carrying 52 Starlink satellites into low-Earth orbit. Starlink is SpaceX's high-speed broadband satellite internet service designed to reach rural and remote communities.

If the launch is scrubbed for any reason, there are backup launch opportunities at 4:19 p.m. Friday, 12:07 p.m. Saturday, and 4:05 p.m. Saturday.

Following stage separation, about eight minutes after liftoff, SpaceX plans to land the rocket's first stage booster on the Of Course I Still Love You droneship stationed in the Pacific Ocean. The booster being used in this launch was used for seven previous missions.

1 week later
    #747 1 year ago

Another Space-X Falcon 9 rocket is scheduled to launch from Vandenberg Space Force Base Thursday morning. This launch will be a mission for the Space Development Agency (SDA).

On Wednesday, SDA officials hosted a briefing to discuss their upcoming series of launches to support the SDA's Proliferated Warfighter Space Architecture. They say the satellites they're launching will be used to track international ballistic missiles and quickly relay the observations down to ground military systems here on Earth.

A total of 10 satellites will be included in Thursday's launch, with additional launches expected to take place over the next several years.

"The idea is, these satellites will be able to provide them with tactical, meaning real-time, communications so they can use that to target directly into their weapons platforms," said Derek Tournear, Space Development Agency Director. "Historically, they have only been able to do that over short ranges, but the Space Development Agency’s architecture will enable that to work globally."

Thursday's launch is scheduled to take place at 7:29 a.m.

Following stage separation, about eight minutes after liftoff, SpaceX will aim to land the rocket's first stage booster on land at Vandenberg Space Force Base. SpaceX officials say this could result in a sonic boom audible to people in Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, and Ventura counties.

A live webcast of the launch is scheduled to begin about 15 minutes prior to liftoff.

The next SDA satellite launch will take place in June.

#748 1 year ago

Well they aborted at T-03 seconds on standby. To cloudy to see at my house anyways.

Update cancelled next earliest attempt is tomorrow 7 am

#749 1 year ago

SpaceX scrubbed a Falcon 9 rocket launch once again that was scheduled to launch at 7:29 a.m. on Friday from Vandenberg Space Force Base.

It is now scheduled for Saturday, April 1. A time has not been announced yet.

SpaceX officials say the launch was postponed to allow more time for vehicle preparations.

1 week later
    #750 1 year ago

A Falcon 9 rocket launch of the Transporter-7 mission is set to take place at the Vandenberg Space Force Base Tuesday night, Space X announced.

The liftoff is scheduled for 11:47 Thursday p.m.

Transporter-7 is SpaceX's seventh "dedicated smallsat rideshare mission". Officials said there will be 51 payloads on this flight, including CubeSats, MicroSats, hosted payloads, and orbital transfer vehicles that carry spacecraft to be deployed at a later time.

#753 1 year ago

Yeah I am looking forward to this one, I love night launches!

#755 1 year ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Night launches are great because as the vehicle gets into the upper atmosphere, if it's clear enough, I can see it from my house here in Fresno.

wow that’s so cool! Eat some Cheesecake Factory for me.

#756 1 year ago

Just a reminder launch in a little over 2 hours

#757 1 year ago

Scrubbed due to weather try again tomorrow

#763 1 year ago

The test launch of an unarmed Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile is scheduled for this week from Vandenberg Space Force Base.

The launch window is from 12:01 a.m. to 6:01 a.m. Wednesday, April 19 from north Vandenberg.

“The purpose of the ICBM test launch program is to demonstrate the readiness of U.S. nuclear forces and provide confidence in the lethality and effectiveness of the nation's nuclear deterrent,” according to Air Force Global Strike Command.

The base says the launch is routine and scheduled years in advance, adding that the Russian government has also been notified due to existing bi-lateral obligations.

#764 1 year ago

An operational test launch of an Air Force Global Strike Command unarmed Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile was launched Wednesday morning from Vandenberg Space Force Base.

The launch took off at 5:11 a.m. according to Vandenberg officials.

In a press release, base officials say the missile launched with a launch command delivered from the Air Launch Control System on a Navy E-6 TACAMO, which stands for “take charge and move out.”

This test launch is part of routine and periodic activities intended to demonstrate that the United States’ nuclear deterrent is safe, secure, reliable, and effective to deter twenty-first-century threats and reassure our allies.

Such tests have occurred over 300 times before, and this test is not the result of current world events, officials say.

#765 1 year ago

SpaceX successfully got its massive Starship rocket off the ground Thursday, but it exploded minutes into its test flight.

The company, run by billionaire Elon Musk, described the explosion as a "rapid unscheduled disassembly before stage separation."

No people or satellites were on the rocket, which was nearly 400 feet tall.

"With a test like this, success comes from what we learn, and today’s test will help us improve Starship’s reliability as SpaceX seeks to make life multi-planetary," SpaceX said.

The launch, which took place along Texas' Gulf Coast, was briefly delayed on Thursday. The countdown clock was stopped at 40 seconds while crews assessed technical aspects of the rocket. The clock restarted minutes later and the rocket took off.

SEE MORE: 4 astronauts fly SpaceX back home, end 5-month mission

It's unclear whether the technical issues that forced the delay contributed to the rocket exploding.

Despite the obvious problem, SpaceX appeared pleased with the progress it has made thus far.

"Congratulations to the entire SpaceX team on an exciting first integrated flight test of Starship," the company stated.

Starship is billed as a "fully reusable transportation system."

This was SpaceX's second attempt at launching the rocket. A previously scheduled launch was scrubbed earlier this week due to technical issues.

The hope is for it to eventually propel humans to the moon and even Mars.

"Starship will be able to carry up to 100 people on long-duration interplanetary flights," SpaceX says.

#768 12 months ago

A SpaceX rocket launch is scheduled to take place this Wednesday, April 26 at Vandenberg Space Force Base.

The Falcon 9 rocket is set to take off at 6:40 a.m.

WATCH:

The rocket will be carrying 46 Starlink satellites into low-Earth orbit. Starlink is SpaceX's high-speed broadband satellite internet service designed to reach remote communities.

Following stage separation, about eight minutes after liftoff, SpaceX plans to land the rocket's first stage booster on the Of Course I Still Love You droneship stationed in the Pacific Ocean. The booster being used in this launch was used in a dozen previous missions.

If the launch is scrubbed for any reason, there is a backup launch opportunity at the same time on Thursday, April 27. This launch was originally scheduled to take place on Tuesday, but SpaceX announced its delay just before 6 a.m.

A live webcast of the launch is scheduled to begin about five minutes prior to liftoff.

#770 12 months ago

Scrubbed till tomorrow. They called it off at T-16 seconds, because of potential landing failure of the first stage

#776 12 months ago

I was able to see it here but not much of a contrail…not nearly as cool as night launches.

#777 11 months ago

I found this exciting:

SpaceX has been granted permission to lease Space Launch Complex 6 (SLC-6) for Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy rocket launches, according to a press release.

Col. Rob Long, Space Launch Delta 30 commander, signed a statement of support on April 21, granting the permission.

"This is an exciting time for Vandenberg Space Force Base, our nation's premier West Coast launch site for military, civil, and commercial space operations," said Long, in a press release. "This agreement will add to the rich history of SLC-6 and builds on the already strong partnership with SpaceX."

According to the press release, the decision is the result of Space Launch Delta 30's launch pad allocation strategy, which is a process to "evaluate the suitability of various launch sites for different types of rockets and payloads."

Officials say the process is critical to ensuring that launches are safe and that the selected launch site can accommodate the unique requirements of each mission. This was the first round of launch pad allocations, and additional rounds of allocations will occur in the future after further operational analysis.

Space Launch Complex 6 previously supported the Delta IV vehicle family and has remained vacant since the final Delta IV Heavy launch on Sept. 24, 2022.

#779 11 months ago
    Quoted from Mthomasslo:

Prior to its recent uses, SLC-6 was originally built in the 1960's for the Manned Orbiting Laboratory (a Gemini based Space Station program that was cancelled before the first launch) then in the 80's it was modified to launch STS / Space Shuttles into polar orbit. a plan which was likewise cancelled prior to the first launch in the wake of the Challenger failure. So SpaceX is just the next chapter...

Oh wow that’s interesting stuff…thanks for the info!

1 week later
    #780 11 months ago

SpaceX is preparing for another launch from Vandenberg Space Force Base.

A Falcon 9 that will launch 51 Starlink satellites into low-Earth orbit is scheduled to liftoff Wednesday, May 10, at 1:09 p.m.

The first stage booster is scheduled to land on the Of Course I Still Love You droneship stationed in the Pacific Ocean. The same booster was previously used on a Starlink mission and for the Space Development Agency’s Tranche 0 launch.

Five minutes before liftoff from SLC-4E at Vandenberg, a SpaceX webcast will go live.

If the launch does not happen

1 week later
    #781 11 months ago

SpaceX is scheduled to launch a Falcon 9 rocket from Vandenberg Space Force Base on Friday morning.

The launch is scheduled for 6:19 a.m. on May 19.

Following stage separation, SpaceX plans to land the rocket's first stage booster on the Of Course I Still Love You droneship stationed in the Pacific Ocean. The same booster has been used in 10 previous launches.

The rocket's payload includes Iridium and OneWeb communications satellites.

As it has for some of its previous launches, Iridium has created a song playlist to go along with Friday's launch.

The playlist, available on Spotify, includes 28 songs ranging from "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC to "Dynamite" by BTS to "Drop it Like It's Hot" by Snoop Dogg and Pharrell Williams.

It's designed to sync up with SpaceX's live broadcast of the launch, which is scheduled to begin 15 minutes before liftoff.

Click here for more information on how to access the playlist.

If Friday's launch is scrubbed, there is a backup opportunity at 6:15 a.m. on Saturday, May 20.

#782 11 months ago

I might have to try and see this in my rear view mirrors as I’ll be driving to The Golden State Pinball Festival

1 week later
    #783 11 months ago

This should be a good one if clear skies

A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket is scheduled to launch Tuesday, May 30 from Vandenberg Space Force Base.

The projected launch window is 10:27 p.m. Tuesday night to 12:15 a.m. Wednesday morning, according to the Space Launch Schedule website. The rocket will launch from Complex 4E.

The Falcon 9 “Block 5” rocket, part of Starlink Group 2-10, will carry a batch of satellites for the Starlink mega-constellation, which is SpaceX’s project for a space-based internet communication system.

The Block 5 designation refers to the version of the Falcon 9 reusable rocket, with Block 5 being the latest iteration. Each progressive design hopes to improve the rocket’s reusability, among other things.

The weather forecast during the launch window is projected to be 57 degrees and clear skies. The cost of the launch will be about $52 million.

The first stage of the rocket will attempt to land on an ocean-going vessel stationed in the Pacific, called an Autonomous Spaceport Drone Ship (ASDS).

There are sites where the launch can be viewed in person. You can see those sites here.

Seven hundred and nineteen rockets have been launched from Vandenberg Space Force Base.

#785 10 months ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Well, I remembered to look for the launch......at 10:29pm. Fairly certain I missed it, again.

Yeah it shot off at 11:02… I accidentally missed it falling asleep in my Lazyboy

1 month later
    #787 9 months ago

SpaceX plans to launch a Falcon 9 rocket from Vandenberg Space Force Base at 9:40 p.m. on Tuesday, July 18.

The rocket will carry 15 Starlink satellites to low-Earth orbit, according to the aerospace company.

Following stage separation, about 8 minutes after liftoff, SpaceX will aim to land the rocket's first stage booster on the Of Course I Still Love You droneship stationed in the Pacific Ocean. This will be the booster's 10th flight.

If the 9:40 p.m. launch is scrubbed, there is a backup launch opportunity at 10:30 p.m. SpaceX says it could also launch at 9:14 p.m. or 10:05 p.m. on Wednesday instead.

#788 9 months ago

A night time launch! This should be a good one!

272 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pinballlew. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocket-launch-tonight-at-527-vaf-base?tu=pinballlew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.