Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 831 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 days ago by Pinballlew
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Space X (resized).png
    IMG_0138 (resized).jpeg
    20230729_072930 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5840 (resized).jpeg
    B6D2F8E2-9611-4D1D-A796-845D6B10FA0B (resized).jpeg
    VenusJupiter2 (resized).jpg
    VenusJupiter1 (resized).jpg
    james-webb-contributor-map (resized).png
    med_gallery_229968_21748_321752 (resized).jpg
    Moon about to occult Mars (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_20221124_184633 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20221027_182459 (resized).jpg
    20221027_183236 (resized).jpg
    20221027_181714 (resized).jpg
    There are 831 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 17.
    #301 3 years ago

Sucks, but there is next time.

#302 3 years ago

Yes indeed, was very interesting listening to the post scrub banter as to why we could not just wait a few moments. SOOO many variables.

#303 3 years ago

Better to scrub for weather than die.
    Sat should be beautiful!!

#304 3 years ago

It should be the same. It’ll take a little luck for weather conditions to be perfect. Summer time in Florida.

I can remember the first launch of the Space Shuttle was scrubbed. When back for the next attempt and it took off! What a show that was. Very memorable.

#305 3 years ago

The NASA app has a more nasa type coverage than the network news. Real time conversations with mission control and more insight into the mission.

#306 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

The NASA app has a more nasa type coverage than the network news. Real time conversations with mission control and more insight into the mission.

Agreed. I watched it as well and it was very entertaining, as well as hearing Elon's thoughts on it.

#307 3 years ago

What time are they shooting for on Sat?

#308 3 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

What time are they shooting for on Sat?

I think it's 3:00 Eastern time.

#310 3 years ago

From what I’ve heard on local news, it will probably be delayed again. May go up on Sunday.

#311 3 years ago

Loss of signal on the drone ship landing... Darn, I love seeing that part as well as the descent slow down.

Wonder if none of that was captured, or if they'll have footage to replay.

Let the conspiracies begin! Staged non-landing, LOL...

#312 3 years ago

Beautiful launch!

#313 3 years ago

Note that SpaceX has previously faked transmission failure on failed landings.

Actual footage of the real landing, now revealed here,

#314 3 years ago

Any other Canadians that can't help chuckling when they mention astronauts "Bob & Doug" doing this or that?

Those names usually have a very different context for us, LOL. For cultural education you can peruse

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bob+and+doug+mckenzie

And save this one away for Christmas time

#315 3 years ago

Hhhm, Trump must be a fan of them. About the spacecraft, he said, "It's really a beauty"! Ha...

#316 3 years ago

Hard to find anything negative about the successful launch. Not that I would want to. WTG SpaceX !

#317 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Hard to find anything negative about the successful launch. Not that I would want to. WTG SpaceX !

Right on brother!

#318 3 years ago

Watched a clip of the launch. Looks
    Like the same junk we’ve been primitively lobbing up there since the 60s!

Where’s the innovation?! Why can’t JJP make space ships?!

#319 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe you should invest in a color tv.

#320 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Seen them launch so many now and it's still amazing to see. The only negative, the announcers wouldn't shut up. They constantly said "you can hear what they just said" but you couldn't as they were too busy talking about asinine stuff!

#321 3 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Loss of signal on the drone ship landing... Darn, I love seeing that part as well as the descent slow down.
    Wonder if none of that was captured, or if they'll have footage to replay.
    Let the conspiracies begin! Staged non-landing, LOL...

Yeah, I'll be looking into actual time to land one of those bad boys, moisture on the deck after being flame thrown, and time we were out of signal.

I'm going to watch Capricorn 1 now...

#322 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Same junk??? That junk won us (USA) the space race back in the 60s and put us on the moon before the USSR. Your comment is disrespectful to the men and women that made that happen. There is nothing and has never been anything “primitive” about putting our astronauts into space. Innovation??? Physics hasn’t changed and never will...this IS innovative and an inspiration to the American spirit of exploration and something that has been missing from our country for a long time. NASA and the private sector just pulled off something absolutely extraordinary and you are being negative and dismissive???

If JJP made the “space ships”, an ignorant description of the Falcon 9, they would have delayed the launch for at least another six months and the Falcon 9 would have never made it off the launchpad. Show some pride in the country in which you live in and be thankful for what WE as a nation have just accomplished. While many brilliant people have been working for years on how to successfully send our astronauts to space and return them home safely, you have been making videos of yourself rocking out on guitar in your NYC apartment. I’d say they have been just a little bit more productive than you.

I typically appreciate your opinion even if I disagree, but this is just disrespectful. This launch was a VERY big deal and unfortunately didn’t get the attention it deserved because of what’s going on in our country right now. You are an American right???

#323 3 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Any other Canadians that can't help chuckling when they mention astronauts "Bob & Doug" doing this or that?
    Those names usually have a very different context for us, LOL. For cultural education you can peruse
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bob+and+doug+mckenzie
    And save this one away for Christmas time

LOL! When I was watching the launch coverage yesterday with my wife and kids I told them "They keep saying Bob & Doug, and every time they say it the first thing that pops into my head is Bob & Doug McKenzie." I just wish they would have said "Take off, eh!" right before liftoff.

#324 3 years ago

He was joking, and you apparently missed a chance to have a good laugh.
    -mof

#325 3 years ago

I spotted the returned stage 1 vehicle from the crew launch across the inlet while eating lunch in Port Canaveral yesterday.

20200605_081243 (resized).jpg20200605_081243 (resized).jpg

#326 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I spotted the returned stage 1 vehicle from the crew launch across the inlet while eating lunch in Port Canaveral yesterday.
    [quoted image]

Isn't it amazing something that big can land itself

#327 3 years ago

Whenever I’m near the coast, it’s a grouper sandwich, fries and a glass of beer.

1 month later
    1 week later
    #329 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Looks like tentative return date for Bob and Doug, 2 August, weather permitting.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/17/tech/nasa-astronauts-spacex-launch-return-date-scn/index.html

We watched for about an hour yesterday, 4pm pacific time here. This dragon Capsule is an Amazing piece of engineering. The release from Space Station was not to exciting. But the descriptions of the release bolts and air jets was.
    Bob and Doug are set to splash down in Florida at 2:32 Pm Eastern/ 11:32 am pacific.
    Tune in early as this can happen by as much as 12-20 min early!
    Safe Landing Guy's!!
    Love this SpaceX Future Stuff.

#330 3 years ago

Just Boasting a bit.....My Nephew has moved from Blue Horizon Propulsion lead back to Govt work.
    He is Now Lead Flight Software Engineer for the Dragonfly project.
    In 2026 a Quad Copter to Land on Saturns moon Titan, and fly around and land, in Exploration.
    As the atmosphere is mostly Nitrogen, the Environment for the Sensors and Operations will be crafted here
    to function in a Nitrogen "box'.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #331 3 years ago

The splashdown should be soon.

#332 3 years ago

59 - 45 = 14. Damn, it’s been a long time.

#333 3 years ago

Home safe!!!
    Just need so get this damn hatch open.

#334 3 years ago

An unarmed Minuteman III is scheduled to launch from Vandenberg Air Force Base Tuesday.

The test launch window opens at 12:21 a.m. and lasts through 6:21 a.m.

“The purpose of the ICBM test launch program is to verify the safety, security, effectiveness and readiness of the weapon system," according to Air Force Global Strike Command in a press release.

The unarmed intercontinental ballistic missile is set to lift off from north base.

82449851-41C2-440E-AF68-58723ED77D53 (resized).jpeg82449851-41C2-440E-AF68-58723ED77D53 (resized).jpeg
    #335 3 years ago

Dang missed it. Not that I probably would have gotten up for it. But it’s always an amazing sight to see one of those ICBM launches light up the sky from SoCal, and contemplate the potential destructive power of that thing.

4 weeks later
    #336 3 years ago

Missed the last launch? Here is your chance...these usually launch in the first 5 minutes of the launch window.

A Minuteman III is set to launch from Vandenberg Air Force Base overnight.

The test launch of the unarmed intercontinental ballistic missile is scheduled for Wednesday between 12:02 a.m. and 6:02 a.m. from the northern part of the base.

"The purpose of the ICBM test launch program is to verify the safety, security, effectiveness and readiness of the weapon system, according to Air Force Global Strike Command," as mentioned in a press release.

The test comes nearly a month after the last unarmed Minuteman III launched from the base.

D4E6AF0B-D0FA-4CFC-B846-6F555E9E0892 (resized).jpegD4E6AF0B-D0FA-4CFC-B846-6F555E9E0892 (resized).jpeg
    #337 3 years ago

A Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile launched from Vandenberg Air Force Base on Wednesday at 12:03 a.m.

According to Air Force Global Strike Command, the purpose of the ICBM test launch program was to verify the safety, security, effectiveness and readiness of the weapon system.

The test launch used an unarmed missile that traveled over 4,000 miles, at a speed of more than 15,000 mph.

Col. Kris Barcomb, the launch decision authority, said, “Our outstanding Airmen and space professionals continue to showcase flawless execution and teamwork between the 30th Space Wing and the 576th Flight Test Squadron. This test launch represents another successful demonstration of our nation’s capability and underscores the fact that our nuclear enterprise is safe, secure, reliable, effective and ready to defend the United States and our allies.”

2 weeks later
    #338 3 years ago

Keep the post coming .... hoping one day to get up to VAFB to see a launch. Close enough for me .... just a matter of time of launch.

#339 3 years ago

Yeah, keep the Vandenburg posts coming, I keep missing them, never remember to check.
    Night launches are spectacular. The Submarine launch a couple years ago was one of the most eerie things I've ever seen, just lucky to be walking to my car in a OC parking lot when it went up.

#340 3 years ago

NOV 10 11:45 Falcon 9 SLC-4E Vehicle will launch the Sentinel 6A (Jason-CS) sea level measuring satellite

#341 3 years ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

Yeah, keep the Vandenburg posts coming, I keep missing them, never remember to check.
    Night launches are spectacular. The Submarine launch a couple years ago was one of the most eerie things I've ever seen, just lucky to be walking to my car in a OC parking lot when it went up.

Yep, exact same for me, was walking into a restaurant. That was a Polaris test launch from the sub of the CA coast. Just the look of it was scary, there was something about the look of it that told you this was something that was made for destruction on a big level. Some guy was standing there looking at it, and told me it for sure was aliens. I said no, dude, that's what the end of the world will look like when the time comes.

#342 3 years ago

I live about a mile away in Downey, from the old North American Aviation. They built the Apollo Command Modules. It's sad, most of the property is now a gigantic strip mall, the old office, design buildings are still right there on Lakewood Blvd. But its all borded up.

Message from the Freek Kingdom.

#343 3 years ago

Was the restaurant on brookhurst? I was talking to a some guy in the parking lot, and it was absolutely freaky, with the slowly expanding halos of exhaust. It would be funny if that was you I was talking with.

#344 3 years ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

Was the restaurant on brookhurst? I was talking to a some guy in the parking lot, and it was absolutely freaky, with the slowly expanding halos of exhaust. It would be funny if that was you I was talking with.

No, up the 57 in Brea.

3 weeks later
    #345 3 years ago

Whoops, we missed the recent Soyuz launch, it set a record.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/science-environment-54545170

#346 3 years ago

Anything at Vandenburg planned?

Message from the Freeeek Space Kingdom.

#347 3 years ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

Anything at Vandenburg planned?
    Message from the Freeeek Space Kingdom.

November 10th

#348 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Whoops, we missed the recent Soyuz launch, it set a record.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/av/science-environment-54545170

Yeah I just usually post about Vandenberg launches as they are the ones I can see in my backyard

2 weeks later
    #349 3 years ago

Minuteman test tonight (Thursday early morning) scheduled to launch between 12:27 a.m. and 6:27 a.m. Pacific Time from Vandenberg Thursday morning.

#350 3 years ago

Original thread heading can almost be repeated in two weeks: Space X Falcon 9 set to launch a joint NASA / ESA satellite at 11:31 a.m. Weather should be good, so no visibility issues likely, only drawback is day launches are less striking than night ones. We'll probably step outside to look for it.

There are 831 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocket-launch-tonight-at-527-vaf-base/page/7?hl=wrb1977 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.