Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 831 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 days ago by Pinballlew
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Space X (resized).png
    IMG_0138 (resized).jpeg
    20230729_072930 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5840 (resized).jpeg
    B6D2F8E2-9611-4D1D-A796-845D6B10FA0B (resized).jpeg
    VenusJupiter2 (resized).jpg
    VenusJupiter1 (resized).jpg
    james-webb-contributor-map (resized).png
    med_gallery_229968_21748_321752 (resized).jpg
    Moon about to occult Mars (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_20221124_184633 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20221027_182459 (resized).jpg
    20221027_183236 (resized).jpg
    20221027_181714 (resized).jpg
    There are 831 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 17.
    #252 4 years ago

This Shit is just to cool!!!
    Success, Stage one rocket has perfect return home landing on pad !!
    That alone in our lifetime is an amazing achievement.

#253 4 years ago

Perfect launch and recovery, even with the fog it was still cool.

#254 4 years ago

First Falcon Heavy night launch is a little over a week away. Gonna try to get up close for that one.

#255 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

First Falcon Heavy night launch is a little over a week away. Gonna try to get up close for that one.

Lucky. You gonna try to shoot video?

#256 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Lucky. You gonna try to shoot video?

I'm usually pretty terrible at that, but I'll probably try. I tried to see the first Falcon Heavy launch up close and it kept getting delayed. Drove back home and got to a clearing just in time to see it go up. They are cool.

#257 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I'm usually pretty terrible at that, but I'll probably try. I tried to see the first Falcon Heavy launch up close and it kept getting delayed. Drove back home and got to a clearing just in time to see it go up. They are cool.

Love to see AND hear the takeoff and landing from where you are.

#258 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Where is the launch?

A little tired when I asked the ? (Jet lag)
    Launch window: 0330-0730 GMT on 25th (11:30 p.m.-3:30 a.m. EDT on 24th/25th)
    Launch site: LC-39A, Kennedy Space Center, Florida

#259 4 years ago

I'll be watching from up close!

#260 4 years ago

Tonight 10:30 pm est!

#261 4 years ago

I thought it said 11:30 edt? That would be 10:30 cdt.

#262 4 years ago

You are correct. 11: 30 pm est

#264 4 years ago

Good launch but a bit foggy. LOL Perfect recovery of the boosters but to bad they lost the main.

#265 4 years ago

Looks like a successful test of the Orion Launch Abort System this morning. Which I'd seen it live but the clip I caught was decent.

1 week later
    #266 4 years ago

Nice video someone took from Kennedy Space Center of the Falcon Heavy. This one has decent sound and captured the sonic booms. Notice that even this close the sound takes a while to arrive.

#267 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Nice video someone took from Kennedy Space Center of the Falcon Heavy. This one has decent sound and captured the sonic booms. Notice that even this close the sound takes a while to arrive.

That's cool as hell. I could not do 2:30 in the morning though. One of these days....

#268 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

That's cool as hell. I could not do 2:30 in the morning though. One of these days....

Haha yeah. I slept until the rumble woke me up and then ran outside to watch from the front yard. I got to see the separation and the returning boosters firing. The sonic boom was really loud.

#269 4 years ago

Europe about to launch:

Edit: Oops! Looks like major malfunction and mission failure. Like Pinball, launching isn't easy...

3 weeks later
    #270 4 years ago

Cool video of the last Falcon landing. Fast forward to 7 minutes for the real action.

#271 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Cool video of the last Falcon landing. Fast forward to 7 minutes for the real action.

Awesome!! I love seeing launches whenever I’m in Orlando which is pretty frequently. You’re right there so it must be unreal for you to see this all the time. I get goosebumps just watching it on video. Love this stuff!!!

1 week later
    #272 4 years ago

Beautiful. Bummer about the Europe launch though.

2 months later
    #273 4 years ago

Anyone here working on the Blue Moon Project?

#274 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Anyone here working on the Blue Moon Project?

What's that?

#275 4 years ago

Hey Paul!

Moon Lander Program by Bezos

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    1 month later
    #276 4 years ago

Next launch tomorrow (12/5/19) taking some beer making ingredients. Pushing the bounds of experimentation!

December 5 for launch of its nineteenth Commercial Resupply Services mission (CRS-19) at 12:29 p.m. EST, or 17:29 UTC

#277 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Next launch tomorrow (12/5/19) taking some beer making ingredients. Pushing the bounds of experimentation!
    December 5 for launch of its nineteenth Commercial Resupply Services mission (CRS-19) at 12:29 p.m. EST, or 17:29 UTC

So that's 11:29 cst

#278 4 years ago

Looks like another successful launch and recovery!
    What do the flat earthers says when these are broadcast live and one can see the curvature of the earth?

#279 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

What do the flat earthers says when these are broadcast live and one can see the curvature of the earth?

They probably say the government and space companies fake the video/images. Science is just too scary or too complicated for some. There is nothing wrong with questioning or challenging known understandings/science but you still have to be able to work within what has been discovered and/or proven.

Another argument I have seen from flat earthers is that we are living in a sort of Truman show where nothing is really real (artificial reality).

#280 4 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

They probably say the government and space companies fake the video/images. Science is just too scary or too complicated for some. There is nothing wrong with questioning or challenging known understandings/science but you still have to be able to work within what has been discovered and/or proven.
    Another argument I have seen from flat earthers is that we are living in a sort of Truman show where nothing is really real (artificial reality).

Elon Musk believes we most likely live in a artificial reality and has stated that he thinks the odds we live in base reality is less then 1 in a billion. separate issue from the flat earthers beliefs. I just think it’s funny since you know he heads up Space X.

#281 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Oh they just say it's a fish eye lens effect. Morons.

#282 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Elon Musk believes we most likely live in a artificial reality and has stated that he thinks the odds we live in base reality is less then 1 in a billion. separate issue from the flat earthers beliefs. I just think it’s funny since you know he heads up Space X.

Really, I never knew that about him.

#283 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Really, I never knew that about him.

Yeah, I thought it rather odd myself. Search YouTube on Elon musk and reality.

2 weeks later
    #284 4 years ago

FEB 18 Firefly Alpha
    pad = SLC-2W VAFB

Firefly Alpha first flight

3 weeks later
    #285 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

FEB 18 Firefly Alpha
    pad = SLC-2W VAFB
    Firefly Alpha first flight

They erased the date and it just reads early 2020 now

1 week later
    #286 4 years ago

A test launch of an unarmed Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile is scheduled to take place at Vandenberg Air Force Base next week.

The launch window is between 12:08 a.m. and 6:08 a.m. on Wednesday, February 5.

3 months later
    #287 3 years ago

Tomorrow is a huge day, 4:33 PM eastern time, US manned spaceflight returns:

https://www.nasa.gov/specials/dm2/

#288 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Tomorrow is a huge day, 4:33 PM eastern time, US manned spaceflight returns:

Weather permitting!

#289 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Weather permitting!

Here's hoping. Sat is backup day.

#290 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Sat is backup day.

Cool, didn't know that.

#292 3 years ago

Ready to Watch from the Backyard!

#293 3 years ago

The weather is 50-50 for a go.

#294 3 years ago

God speed to Crew and Dragon.
    The last time I was in Fl was 11 years ago for the Discovery Launch. Still a Highlight in my life. Was a very long day. I was very lucky and after 2 years of trying, got the Nasa lottery for good up close tickets. Still 3 miles out on shore past pad, but it was a blast. Same launch pad being used today.

#295 3 years ago

Anyone else watching preflight?
    Got one of my screens on it...

#297 3 years ago

Have the astronauts always been sitting in the capsule 3 hours pre-launch?

#298 3 years ago

Have the coverage on, very cool!

#299 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Have the astronauts always been sitting in the capsule 3 hours pre-launch?

No, just maybe one hour -ish.

#300 3 years ago

Damn, launch abort today

There are 831 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocket-launch-tonight-at-527-vaf-base/page/6?hl=atari_daze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.