IMG_9892 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9890 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9891 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9888 (resized).jpeg
592e8d0566c7328973f283eb9c90377d229015a6-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_9345 (resized).JPG
20240220_180156 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider practicalsteve.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I dont even have one yet, but its the next game on my list. I had a couple of questions about rollergames and rather than start a thread for a couple of questions I figured this pin deserved its own club.

Lets see pics of your pimped out rollergames!

So my questions:

Is the jackpot award a random point value, or is it progressive? Can you earn multiple jackpots during multiball, or is it one and done like High Speed?

I saw that there are Pinsound files created for this game, but I couldn't find any actual audio or video of it, would love to hear how it sounds if anyone has it installed.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

for your viewing pleasure.

Always love me some CGR reviews! That guy is hilarious.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from LEE:

I'll join. Love RG. Great light show, fun music, nice flow. I sued to get annoyed with the announcer but after have three of them, I guess that he is growing on me.

Great looking game! I am a love 'em or hate 'em guy when it comes to LEDS but those are well done.

Quoted from Whysnow:

for your reading pleasure

http://pinball.org/rules/rollergames.html

you can also advance jackpot value but I can't remember what does it right now... Paging JohnWartJr for all things RG

Thanks Whysnow and LEE, I read through that and must have missed that multiple jackpots can be awarded, but still wondering how you advance it. John Wart must know as he is the king of RG.

1 week later
#10 9 years ago

Still interested to know what builds the jackpot value, and if anyone has pinsound installed in their game.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

completing top rollover lanes may build it along with pop hits? I can try to remember to figure this out next time I play it.

Thanks! If you remember it next time you play that would be cool, no rush.

Surprised john wart jr has not chimed in yet, I thought he was king of RG.

#13 9 years ago

Found a nicely written article about rollergames, only skimmed it due to time but plan on reading it later.

http://creditdotpinball.com/2014/08/10/featured-game-williams-rollergames/

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

I am joining this club because I want to own this pinball someday soon!

Oh no! Local completion for the same pin!

#20 9 years ago

Nah, you get yours first so I can come over and log some serious time. I am prolly a year or so away from being ready for Rollergames. Have one or two other pins lined up first lol.

Phew. Was worried I was going to have to start dissuading you from the game. Maybe set up a fake account to start bad mouthing it to you.

#24 9 years ago

I have to admit that one you almost pulled the trigger on down south was real tempting. But I held strong so I could end up with my WW (can I reference other pins in the club house, lol?).

Oh I was trying hard, all sorts of wheeling and dealing behind the scenes. Was trying to sell my worlds fair EM just to pay for the transportation up to the Bay Area, sold my taxi back to Pinwillie to get the money but I was only getting some that I was going to give to Tracelifter as a deposit. Honestly, it was a mess with too many intricate pieces that all needed to fall in place. I just didn't want to see it parted out. When I head Molly from pins n needles wanted it I told him to please sell it to her. It went on location which is awesome. I will get mine, I am focused and have wanted one forever at this point.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from monty-:

could you share your custom FREE PLAY card with the group? it's awesome!

I second that, its awesome!

#34 9 years ago

Nice! Thanks whysnow! Did not realize that there was a multiplier in affect too. Thanks again for solving this question.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Thanks guys, getting her packed up right now to be on display at Free Play Florida...
Here is the thread for the instruction cards, I made them last year before this show...
I also put a 7 LED purple strip under the rollerskate last night night, still need to work on hiding a bit but the rollerskate lit up looks cooool!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rollergames-custom-instruction-cards

Thanks for posting a link!

2 months later
#75 9 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Got some leds and cliffys in there. She's starting to shape up.

image.jpg 224 KB

Getaway and Rollergames! You have my ideal line up!

3 months later
#90 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

picard manuever over and over and over again.

not familar with this term, I assume thats ramp from upper left flipper?

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Left loop to upper right flipper to ramp. Repeat.

Thanks, thought I would ask since I should be getting one soon! I mean its about time that the guy who started this club actually get one right?!

#93 8 years ago

Any source for replacement ramps or is it unobtanium? Dont even know if I need one but searches online show zilch.

4 weeks later
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

&$@! I love this game.
For everyone looking for the next big thing,
Forget all that nonsense.
Save some coin, pick up a rollergames and have fun.
The flow on this game is awesome!
Pure in your face fast as lightning Steve Ritchie fun.
And can be had cheap. Win,win.

Yeah buddy!!!!

4 weeks later
#104 8 years ago

Is the little 123 horseshoe shot supposed to spot one of the numbers? Or is it solely for earning an extra ball? Wondering if there is a bum switch up in there.

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Finally I cN join the club! Just picked one up yesterday so I'm sure I'll have questions. I know it needs a plastic set, and the playfield is only in on shape, but its still a fun interesting game!

It's a great game, glad you could join the club!

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Alas, I left the club recently. But, I sold it to another pinsider who was very happy to get her. Day before I sold her, multiball jackpot "Kick Butt" song came on. Such a fun game.

Possibly my favorite music in all of pinball.

3 weeks later
#126 8 years ago

in the middle of tearing mine down, damn this thing is a bitch to take apart without having the playfield out. Taking that big curved plastic out of the back was tough! After this I'm building a rotisserie.

#128 8 years ago

Damn! Wish I did that!

Anyone have a source for "the pit" decal for the little metal ramp? Scan would work too.

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Feels good to see Rollergames getting love

Love this game! Had wanted one for a couple of years before getting this baby.

Quoted from Chet:

I may have a scan, I will look on my desktop tonight.

That would be great!

Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I just slid my PF out a little and put a clamp to keep it off the Mechs.

Oh well, guess I should have asked first. It's getting cleaned that's the point.

#133 8 years ago

It's getting there! CPR plastics on the way. It's a Diamond plate, and I go back and forth every day wether or not to pull the Mylar. It's just a little hazy, not that bad. Opinions?

Even the JET in the back looks good still!

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

#139 8 years ago

Tearing it down, and new drop target decals

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

#142 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Where did you find new drop target decals?
I have been looking on line.
I must be looking in the wrong places.

http://www.classic-arcades.com/STORE/index.html

I had to ask somewhere else as well. Ordered mine a few days ago and the website was doing free shipping. They aren't exactly the same as the originals but beggars can't be choosers.

How's your "the pit" decal on the metal ramp above the VUK? I'm trying to print myself a new one, let me know if yours is in need of replacing.

#144 8 years ago

Had anyPin NVRAM (I think but practicalsteve can verify as he now owns it) installed by Rob Anthony at Pin-a-Go-Go this year. I just took my board over to him and he was done in 15-30 mins. Not sure if RG is socketed already or he had to do that for me...

Hmmmm I will have to check, don't think I realized that was installed. Does that mean I can eliminate that rinky dink battery set up that's just hanging in mid air Seth?

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

I decided to go with the anypin. Also I was able to dig into the backboard and figure out what was wrong with the GI lighting being completely out. It looked as if the connector burnt out at one time and the pervious owners just gooped some solder on the wires directly to the board and called it a day. I'm hoping I can repair it and get it working again but I'm kinda worried that I won't get a good solder connection back on it. Think I should just look for a new interconnect board? Can someone tell me post a
Picture of how the wires should be on the 1j6 plug?
image.jpg image.jpg
I ordered a new set of plastics and flipper rebuilds but I am missing the ball lock cover. How hard are these to find?

I meant to come back and reply to this, it's certainly worth trying to fix since the parts are so cheap, I don't know how to fix that missing pad though. Still need pics of the wires? I can take some later.

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyms3:

I just joined this club a few weeks ago!!! And during the first few hours of play somehow the switches on my multiball got broken... (I think the last owner had them rigged to work) So i have new switches coming so I can get multiball going again. But without multiball I was still able to get to 12 mil .

Make sure it's not the spring connecting the plunger to the arm that's broken, or the arm itself, very common, spring was broke on mine.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#156 8 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyms3:

Thanks, will check that as well, the switch was actually physically broken. (the arm got ripped off while the game was searching for the ball, broke the arm right off body)

Well that definetly needs a fix!

#159 8 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyms3:

Also, how does one adjust the channel the ball comes out of at the start of the game? It always seems to hit the post and bounce back. Also, the metal part of that ramp is supposed to have two small screws in it and it only has one so that makes the ramp a little higher, is there an easy way to fix that? I have the cliffys ordered for the pit wall as well as the cliffy for the wall. Any other cliffy i should get?

Make sure you have the correct spring installed, should be red, although most likely the color is long gone on yours. Adjust the shooter rod itself by loosening the three screws inside the cabinet on the housing to make sure the plunger tip is hitting dead center. Make sure your plunger rubber tip is good and not broken, and remove it to make sure the end of your rod is not mushroomed and worn down.

Get another screw for the ramp, pinball suppliers have them, but if you take the one you have to a hardware store you can probably find one there.

I only know of one cliffy for the ramp, what the other cliffy you mentioned for? Would be nice if he made one for the VUK at the pit.

#162 8 years ago

Good info! Going to order one now while everything is still apart!!

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

If you could take one it would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure how to fit it either. Might just try to solder from the top side if anything. I saw on marco you can still buy new interconnect boards as a worst case situation.

can finally do this today, work has been slammed and have been working late with no time to do this.

#176 8 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Can anyone help with a place to get insert decals or pictures of the insert in order to make my own?
Thanks..

contact Ronnie1144 on here, he had to make some recently

#181 8 years ago

BOOM! Made a new "pit" sticker for my ramp. I am not selling these FYI.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#184 8 years ago

So finally got mine all cleaned up and playing really nice. Did some custom stuff to mine. Used pink and blue cliffy sleeves instead of standard black. Clear pop caps with pink LEDS. Puts some other pink and blue frosted in other strategic locations. Added an LED in the outhole to illuminate the flippers. Made a quick custom free play card.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg

1 week later
#191 8 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

I have an issue with one of the switch gates on top of the wall. Sometimes it will score and others it won't. I can't hit sudden death points or multiball jackpots because of this. It looks like the assembly is part # A-13487 but it would be nice to just replace the switch and not the whole assembly. Does anyone know just the switch replacement?

Can you just remove the arm from the microswitch and just replace that? Maybe that's what your already asking though.

#196 8 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyms3:

Yes impossible to find

I really wish CPR would have included it with their repro plastics set. luckily mine was there.

#198 8 years ago

if you saw my "The Pit" sticker a few posts back and yours looks bad and needs replacing I will be happy to send you a replacement I made completely free. I will accept no money, not even for postage.

Let me know via PM as I want to mail them in the next couple of days and will be removing this post in 24 hours.

1 week later
#200 8 years ago

sorry, a change in work scheduling has delayed these going out. But they are on their way! this means you can still get in on them!

#203 8 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Just saw the post, can I still get a pit sticker?

Pm me your address

#212 8 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyms3:

So i turned my game on last night, and now i have "check switches 12-2" is that check switches 12 THROUGH 2 or is 12-2 a specific switch?

probably a specific switch, did you look at the switch matrix? I don't have it handy

#215 8 years ago

I would guess there is a problem with the switches in the ball lock not recognizing that second ball bring there. Going into switch test and put balls in there one at a time and see if the lock registers both.

#218 8 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

I'm dumb. I always forget about switch diagnostic modes. Everything registered and worked as it should. It seems that when the ball rolled into the lock, it pushed the switch wire into the rail causing it to not work properly, kinda shirtimg out. Some easy adjustments and it's working like it should! Z

Good stuff, glad you got it running.

#219 8 years ago

Ok- PIT stickers FINALLY went in the mail today, thanks for all your patience!

Everyone got two because you have to cut it down yourself, so an extra just in case you mess one up. The file I got was exact size so I had a friend add bleed around it to make cutting a little easier. Just use a ruler and a razor blade.

#221 8 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Just rebuilding my diverter, and this pic helps a lot. Thanks.

Let me know if you need any more assitance.

#224 8 years ago

^^^^ that's a very important spring. You can be in coil test and hear the coil fire but not realize that the arms are not being pulled diverting the ball to the proper path. My friend I bought mine from had no idea his was broken and he is diligent. Multiball is a LOT harder to get without it.

#228 8 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

OK Thank you
I will have to check because every once and a while the ball does not divert properly or get goes back down the ramp.

I bet good money your spring is broken or that the arm itself is broken. In coil test see if the little arms in the slot actually fire out when testing.

#229 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

I got my pit decals today.
It's the first time I have received mail marked mrgone.
They look great. Thanks Steve.

Awesome! You're welcome.

#231 8 years ago
Quoted from Solder_Splash:

This could be a switch issue as well.

very possible, but that spring is not easy to get to, so when it broke it just didn't get fixed. The game would still earn money without it.

#240 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just about to join the club guys......expecting delivery in a few hours.

Nice!!!

#244 8 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Also got my pit stickers today, thanks again!

You're welcome!

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Back with my multiball issue. It was working fine fore a while now it's acting up again. All the switches work in test mode. What all switches control multiball?

Acting up how?

#250 8 years ago

Confused by what you mean when you say "wants to keep locking the second ball"

#252 8 years ago

Going to try and get it clear in my head.

Light lock and lock first ball fine.

when you light the lock for the second time and lock the second ball does the game say "ball two locked?" does it then eject a third ball?

If you light the lock the third time and then shoot the wall ramp what happens? before it even reaches the lock area the game should go dark and it should start chanting rollergames...rollergames.... rollergames, one of the upper switches in the ramp should trigger this. I will go play a couple games and pay attention to which one.

#254 8 years ago

I would guess the second switch in the lock isn't working properly then, it's not recognizing that you have a ball already locked if you have two locked already, and the third is giving you the ball two locked message.

My guess is that the third ball hitting the already second locked ball is applying enough pressure to make switch register, but since it's at an odd time the game doesn't know what to do with it. Look at the switches in your lock area, rest in switch mode by putting the balls in. Try it multiple times with the balls, see if both locks register every time or if it's intermittent.

1 week later
#260 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

My play field is in good condition and the mylar has done a good job of protecting it.

You kinda answered your own question. Maybe worth it if you have a diamond plate playfield.

2 weeks later
#271 8 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

First establish that the switches work when activated by hand. Then establish the switches work when activated by a ball.

Exactly, your finger will push those gates mucg farther than the ball will. Check with the ball a few times and then tighten those switches.

#280 8 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Winner-Winner. The top switch was just ever so misaligned. It was activating by hand and in the beginning with the ball. Readjusted it and it seems to have cleared that up. Sometimes I really overthink these problems. More often than not it's the simplest explanation.

My good friend and very wise man jvspin told me once, everyone always jumps to the conclusion that a problem is electrical or on the board when most of the time it's a simple mechanical one.

#284 8 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Actually how does the diverter work in the game in general. It seems kinda pointless to me to have both diverter arms

when you light the lock the second diverter arm makes sure that the ball travels down the correct path to the lock. Without the diverter a hard shot will send the ball past the path to the lock all the way around to the upper right flipper again. This makes multi ball extremely hard to achieve as now it is left up to chance, a shot that is just strong enough to make it to the second path but not hard enough to pass it. the first diverter sends the ball down the first path when appropriate, thsi one is not as important, but since they work in tandem its a moot point as you need to fix them anyway.

My diverter did not work correctly when I got mine and multi ball was a rare occurrence, very rare. The spring is very cheap to replace, available at Marcos for less than 2$

are the wires that are supposed to go to the coil completely gone? are they under the playfield? there is if I recall correctly two connectors for this coil, maybe they are trapped between the playfield and the ramp?

#286 8 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

That's kinda what I noticed about the 3rd lane balls. I kept getting more and more and less multiball. Come to find out the diverter was locked open. Then after looking into it more there were no wires at all connected to the solenoid. I don't see any wires at all. I have to remove the playfeild and the ramps and see what I can find.

Locked open? Then the ball should exclusively be moving down the first lane. The diverters don't move independently, they are both connected to the same arm and open and close at he same time. You're going to want to take it apart and look further. I bet someone at some point rather than fixing the diverter rigged it so the second arm was always out so they could get multiball. Hard to say until you take it apart.

#288 8 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Locked so the balls pass through all the way to the 3rd lane. The 2nd diverter arm did have a rubber sleeve on it to hold it back.

That's odd. Yeah take it apart and look at it.

1 week later
#292 8 years ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

Need to replace the outhole switch. Black switch is one I'm replacing white is the new one. Can anyone help with a pic of how the switch should be wired? Did they send me the wrong switch (in Williams part guide new switch looked like it had same tabs as the one I'm replacing).

WP_20151108_16_38_47_Pro.jpg

I didn't have time to lift the playfield but was able to take a quick pic through the coin door

Nice chocolate and cheese avatar btw

image.jpegimage.jpeg

3 weeks later
#303 8 years ago
Quoted from Kb8yrw:

Hello all,
Just wanted to drop a line and introduce myself to the club. I recently picked up my first pin to put in the new game room I am building. Never owned a pinball and really never played them much in my days roaming the bars. I picked up a roller games for next to nothing not working. I replaced a blown fuse in the power supply and one for the lighting and it has been playing for two weeks without any power issues. I am switching it over to LED and I think it looks great, I'm having a blast with it. I'm sure I will have a lot of questions for the group but just wanted to stop lurking and say hello.

Good stuff man! make sure your upper diverter is working properly for easier multiball and maximum fun!

#307 8 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

A little preview of what I'm working on this weekend!
image.jpeg

NICE! Excited to see that. I just got the spotlight kit from pinball bulbs to install in mine this weekend.

Quoted from pinwillie:

Is the shooter is striking the ball right in the center of the ball?
Shooter can be adjusted by loosening the shooter housing ,or adjust the playfield brackets up or down.

When you going to OFFICIALLY join this club Willie

#308 8 years ago
Quoted from Kb8yrw:

Upper diverter is working good. Trouble I have is the ball shooter has a hard time getting the ball past the first lane. I have adjusted the gate so the ball goes up the center of the "wall" ramp, installed a new spring, insert and tip. All that helped but it still just does not seem to be fast enough to get it there. Maybe it is normal, I don't have anything to compare it to except when I first got it before I changed the tip it seemed to shoot it right up there. The original tip split and fell off which is why I changed it. That led me to change the spring and insert and then another new tip. Is there different types of rubber tips that you can buy? The original looks like the new ones I tried but just does not seem to get it there. The original spring was red and the new one is also red. The rod is straight and does not bind. I gave it a little shot of lube but it made no difference. Am I chasing my tail or should it make it to the third lane?

Yes, do what willie suggested. On the inside of the cabinet is three screws, loosen those (dont remove) and you can move the shooter rod all around as to where it will strike the ball. It may take quite a few tries to get it where you want it, on my Taxi it took dozens of tries to get it perfect.

also, check the shooter gauge where the ball rests, that is the little metal piece with the window that lets you see the spring tighten, make sure its not bent crazy out of whack.

2 weeks later
#313 8 years ago

Nice! Printing some out for mine this week!

#334 8 years ago
Quoted from aveamike:

is there a skill shot in roller games?

No

Quoted from frunch:

Is it uncommon to have the ball lock cover? Or just on the DP ones?

They broke easily and are commonly missing

1 month later
#375 8 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

Anyone every have the upper right flipper not be able to get the ball up the wall ramp from the magnet? I just replaced my flipper rubber from a superband to a titan band and now most of the time, when the ball is held by the magnet, it just hits the right side of the wall ramp entrance. The flipper looks adjusted properly, not sure what to look at next. It worked 90% of the time before the change. Any tips?

go back to the old style rubber? I would hate to say start moving that magnet up and down, Heard it can be a real PITA to adjust.

4 weeks later
#439 8 years ago

02634380b4d3136ab8e89cc971be2016d319d713.png_(resized).jpg02634380b4d3136ab8e89cc971be2016d319d713.png_(resized).jpg

#441 8 years ago

My RG is fast becoming a never sell pin

#448 8 years ago

Cliffy installed on mine, works fantastic!!

#456 8 years ago

Really dig the red, white and blue jet inserts!

1 month later
#471 7 years ago

Got my drop protector today. Really nice, great quality. I am having trouble getting the nuts back on though. The extra layer of plastic has created a challenge, one that I have encountered with plastic protectors before. What did you do Steve1515?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#473 7 years ago

I will give it a better go later. To be fair I had my four year old in the game room with me, so I couldn't devote more than a few minutes to work on it. Will report back, also have not tried the sling protectors yet.

#474 7 years ago

Ok, had more time to devote to the protectors and I am very happy with them. I did ineed have to cut the post rubber as it did extend a little over the post. I also had washers beneath the plastic, but since I was adding a protector I figured I did not need them so I took them out. I was able to get a grip on the threads with my acorn nuts (it's an atheistic choice I like to make) and feel the plastics are both secure very satisfactorily.

#475 7 years ago

As for the sling protectors I had zero trouble with those and they were a perfect fit. All the protectors are great and are essential in my eyes if you bought the CPR set like I did.

#477 7 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

Thanks for the update! Glad you like them.
I like the look of the acorn nuts. I think I'm going to have to order some for my game now too.
I noticed you had a spot light added to your left sling. I'm guessing it's to light up your drop area if it's as dark as mine is. Could you show us some pictures of that spot light and what it's lighting up. I was thinking of trying to add something like that to mine, but not sure of the best method and could use some ideas.
Thanks!

before you go ordering those acorn nuts they are available at most hardware stores.

I can post better pics of the spotlights later, it was a kit i bought off pinbulbs I believe when they were having a sale, you can just get all the components you need from any supplier though. They pretty much light the middle of the playfield, I used pink as its a little more subtle than white, plus I have a lot of pink LEDS in my game. I think it goes with the theme. I will try and remember to take pics when I can.

3 weeks later
2 weeks later
#486 7 years ago

I can double check what's in mind tonight, mine works perfect. Adjusting the wire form from the VUK can help things too

1 month later
#491 7 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

the Wall ramp of course has been battered over the years, someone has patched it up with what looks like fibreglass repair - luckily its all pretty hidden back there.

cliffy makes a protector for that which helps a lot

as far as your mystery plastic I will take a look when I get home.

#493 7 years ago

Mine is DP and has chrome wire forms too. Unsure how many they made of each

The plastic is tucked under the right wireform, I tried to snap a quick glass on picture that hopefully helps enough, I can remove the glass and take better ones of need be

#497 7 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Another question.
Sometimes on this machine with Lock ready, a fast ball will actually beat the diverter and then not be locked ? Is this a common issue on RG or should I be able to fix it. Maybe the diverter mech needs stripped and cleaned.

make sure that diverter is working properly, the spring is a common point of failure. the owner previous to me did not even realize it was broken the entire time he had it. perhaps look at the switches control it as well.

2 weeks later
#502 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Does anyone have a pair of slingshot plastics they don't want? Mine are both chipped, and I don't think I need a full set. Used if there good, prefer new.Just Pm me.
Thanks Eric

I am going to look for you, I have seriously lagged in doing this due to a crapload of crap happening lately.

#506 7 years ago

Thanks Steve! There is a beat up set on eBay I don't want. They are scratched all over. I've considered them a few times and repaint them. But, my Rollergames is to nice for that.

Tell me about it, my crap load of crap is so big considered putting port a john in driveway. The summer project of tricking put garage into my dream Arcade turned to crap too. Now it's loaded with projects that I hope are done by pin a go go 2017.

Sadly I realize now my old plastics went with the project RG I had about a year ago, sorry dude!! I have no spares

#512 7 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

Ok. Say reason? Chrome is liked better? You don't like color? Chrome is rare and worth more?

rare. which probably means worth more. Only a handful of games have it. I would say if you want colored ones see if someone would trade before you color them, but of course its your machine and you may do what you like, no judgment here.

#518 7 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

After a few months down with my second bout of rhabdo I am finally moving forward on my Rollergames restoration. The fourth quarter is a bit snarky for me, but I hope to have the cab painted and decals affixed and metal pieces sent of for powder coating by the end of September. After that it is just a matter of waiting for some time to free up to have the PF touched and cleared. Re-assembly probably won't be until February/March.
The thread is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rollergames-the-restoration-make-america-skate-again
My original pickup thread of the poor gal is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-monday-pickup-250-rollergames

Best of luck!!

1 week later
#543 7 years ago
Quoted from smailskid:

Interested in this as well if anyone has some input. Thanks

I would say south or north of $1300 depending on condition, if prototype, etc.

1 month later
#565 7 years ago

when the magnet catches the ball, is it against the flipper? Off of the flipper? I would think looking at where the upper flipper is at rest and in relation to where the magnet grabs the ball is key.

#575 7 years ago
Quoted from mtgedney:

What are these valued at? I know it's at the bottom of the system 11 pool. Mine is fully functional, yet in players condition.

Diamond plate? How's your playfield?

Fully functioning players pin. Maybe 1000. I paid 1300 for an unshopped diamond plate.

#577 7 years ago

Yeah, now that I think about it, you did come into the rollergames club throwing some shade. I meant they were worth $7000, and they are at least upper middle class beating out pool sharks, road kings, millionaire, Big guns, fire!, jokerz, police force, game show, riverboat gambler, and bugs bunny birthday bash!

#579 7 years ago

Clearing my thoughts...calm....
Any working system 11 is a treasured work of classic art..

To be sure!! But to say that Taxi is on the same level as police force.... well...

But I agree, I think there's fun to be had in all those games

1 month later
#589 7 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Hi Rollergame owners - is your translite behind a piece of glass or plastic? Mine is behind (seems like it was glued or otherwise stuck on) a piece of flexible plastic and wasn't sure whether this was how the games were originally produced (non-protype/non-early version) or whether the translites were originally behind glass and during the life of my machine the glass broke and was replaced with a plastic reproduction? Thanks.

hmmmm I would have to double check, but I have never had a game that didn't have glass I am guessing yours was replaced

#591 7 years ago

Throwing this out again. Would love to find a NOS or near perfect translite to replace mine. Mine is faded but is signed by Steve Ritchie on the blonde ladies caboose. Would be willing to trade mine plus cash for one with brighter artwork.

#593 7 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

I understand that this is the ONLY place that he will sign a Rollergames translite.

That's what I've been told, pretty hilarious

1 week later
#605 7 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

anyone ever have problems with the shooter not launching the ball uo the ramp?

I would adjust the metal ball guide out of the shooter lane, if you get in there you can see that if you loosen the screw you can move it up or down.

#607 7 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

Is it aimed incorrectly toward the ramp (apply the quoted fix) or aimed correctly but doesn't have enough "oomph" to get up the ramp? If it's the latter then your spring in the shooter rod is probably incorrect. It needs to be a RED spring (highest tension). If you've put a silver spring (regular) there won't be enough to climb the ramp.

good follow up point. Also have you removed the rod housing recently perhaps for cleaning? Make sure the shooter tip is hitting the ball square, and also make sure that rubber tip isn't worn away or that the rod isn't mushroomed underneath. All worth taking a look at

6 months later
#653 6 years ago

Someone asked me, and I swear there is a setting for this, why on some machines the announcer has a ladies voice instead of the dude. Can anyone point us in the right direction?

#656 6 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Like "Go for the wall!" or "Go for the Pit"? Mine is a woman's voice...Proto 2 ROMs.

Ahhhh I see

1 week later
#658 6 years ago

I feel like I have the same music, looking forward to seeing restore pics

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider practicalsteve.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rock-rock-rockin-rollergames-club?tu=practicalsteve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.