IMG_9892 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9890 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9891 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9888 (resized).jpeg
592e8d0566c7328973f283eb9c90377d229015a6-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_9345 (resized).JPG
20240220_180156 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider McSquid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#657 6 years ago

Joining this club as my restoration is nearly complete. I will post the pics I take during my unveiling party tomorrow! Picked it up as a beat up garage piece of junk find and poured effort into it until it shined like new!

Re: recent sound conversation
My game also has Proto 2 sound chips, but I do not have a female voice in my game AND my main gameplay theme is different than the normal song. I posted a video of the alternate (Beta) song here:

I also have a virtual pinball cabinet I built, so I grabbed all the roms from IPDB and tried each one until I eventually found the European Prototype 1 rom which has the same sound my machine has. including no female voice, and the alternate music. I have since bought a chip programmer, and some blank eproms will arrive tomorrow (didn't want to ruin my only working chips in case I screw it up).

#659 6 years ago

All done!

Restoration photos:
http://imgur.com/gallery/46RMB
Before and After:
http://imgur.com/gallery/joSLT

IMG_0408 (resized).JPGIMG_0408 (resized).JPG

#661 6 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

I'm not sure I've heard Go for the Pit, is that the extra ball call-out maybe? My "Go for the wall!" is definitely a man's voice, and I'm pretty sure there are both male and female voices for "don't flip / flip".

Go for the pit is for Williams bonus

#662 6 years ago

Can anyone tell me what this part is?

2017-06-05 18.08.14 (resized).jpg2017-06-05 18.08.14 (resized).jpg

2017-06-05 18.07.42 (resized).jpg2017-06-05 18.07.42 (resized).jpg

#664 6 years ago

Ahhh excellent thank you. Which way should it be oriented?

#668 6 years ago

Yea no damage there. You said you swapped the sound roms. Did you also update your game roms? If you run new sound roms with old cpu roms you might get issues. LA-2 I believe is the cpu rom version you want (assuming the sound roms you used were the latest LA-3)

3 months later
#683 6 years ago

Sometimes my pit launcher isn't strong enough to get the ball all the way over to the flipper and it rolls back down into the pit. This causes the magnet to time out and you miss it. Anyone know how to strengthen it? Do I need to replace the coil?

#686 6 years ago

It has a new coil sleeve. I'll check the alignment. Can someone take a top-down picture of how the wire ramp is supposed to line up? The screw legs on mine were broken when I got it and they were rewelded. That might be off.

#690 6 years ago

Thanks for the pics. Mine appears to be properly centered. The ball goes up into the wire-form and gets about half way to the flipper near where the wire-form bends a bit before running out of momentum and rolling backwards and falling back down. It doesn't appear to be hitting the wires on the way up. Maybe redoing the solder on the wires to the coil will help with the inconsistent strength.

#698 6 years ago

Just following up, I redid the solder on the coil for the pit. The ball now sails easily to the end of the ramp and the flipper. The wires and solder did not appear damaged, but it definitely fixed it. Game is now 50% less frustrating. No more timing out sudden death waiting for 6 attempts to pop the ball over.

1 week later
#702 6 years ago

Failing all those useful tips above, you may have a switch matrix issue with lock 1 and shooter lane switches (and possibly a third switch you haven't even noticed anything wrong with.) I haven't looked at the matrix diagram to see how closely related they are, but its worth looking into.

4 months later
#754 6 years ago

Always sad to see them go. No longer a member of this club. Fortunately you won't get a more enthusiastic member than HotPieceOfSass

FJIMG_20180324_140834 (resized).jpgFJIMG_20180324_140834 (resized).jpg

#756 6 years ago

How did I never think of a live alligator topper...makes just as much sense as the ones on the show

1 week later
#763 6 years ago
Quoted from HotPieceOfSass:

Beware of the devastating alligator pit!

Yeeeeeeeeessssss

1 month later
#782 5 years ago
Quoted from wildwillys:

just got it setup and it has proto roms 1 and 2 should I switch them out to the newest version or leave it as it is
Just noticed looking at the pics Rom 1 has a leg not in the socket but the game plays fine should I leave it or stick it in the socket

Replace these with the latest or you likely won't have all the correct sounds.

1 month later
#800 5 years ago
Quoted from apk8488:

Has anyone had issues with the vertical up-kicker (that kicks out to the top right flipper a/k/a "don't flip--flip"? Mine doesn't always kick it out with enough force and then it falls back into the kicker a second time. I'm not sure if it's a coil or connector issue. It works 85% of the time.
Thanks.

I had this problem. Resoldering the coil lugs fixed it. They looked fine beforehand, but it worked.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider McSquid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rock-rock-rockin-rollergames-club?tu=McSquid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.