IMG_9892 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9890 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9891 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9888 (resized).jpeg
592e8d0566c7328973f283eb9c90377d229015a6-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_9345 (resized).JPG
20240220_180156 (resized).jpg
There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 28.
#301 8 years ago

Hello all,
Just wanted to drop a line and introduce myself to the club. I recently picked up my first pin to put in the new game room I am building. Never owned a pinball and really never played them much in my days roaming the bars. I picked up a roller games for next to nothing not working. I replaced a blown fuse in the power supply and one for the lighting and it has been playing for two weeks without any power issues. I am switching it over to LED and I think it looks great, I'm having a blast with it. I'm sure I will have a lot of questions for the group but just wanted to stop lurking and say hello.

#302 8 years ago
Quoted from Kb8yrw:

Hello all,
Just wanted to drop a line and introduce myself to the club. I recently picked up my first pin to put in the new game room I am building. Never owned a pinball and really never played them much in my days roaming the bars. I picked up a roller games for next to nothing not working. I replaced a blown fuse in the power supply and one for the lighting and it has been playing for two weeks without any power issues. I am switching it over to LED and I think it looks great, I'm having a blast with it. I'm sure I will have a lot of questions for the group but just wanted to stop lurking and say hello.

Welcome to pinside and congrats on your 1st pin.
You have come to the right place to ask lots of questions.

#303 8 years ago
Quoted from Kb8yrw:

Hello all,

Good stuff man! make sure your upper diverter is working properly for easier multiball and maximum fun!

#304 8 years ago

Upper diverter is working good. Trouble I have is the ball shooter has a hard time getting the ball past the first lane. I have adjusted the gate so the ball goes up the center of the "wall" ramp, installed a new spring, insert and tip. All that helped but it still just does not seem to be fast enough to get it there. Maybe it is normal, I don't have anything to compare it to except when I first got it before I changed the tip it seemed to shoot it right up there. The original tip split and fell off which is why I changed it. That led me to change the spring and insert and then another new tip. Is there different types of rubber tips that you can buy? The original looks like the new ones I tried but just does not seem to get it there. The original spring was red and the new one is also red. The rod is straight and does not bind. I gave it a little shot of lube but it made no difference. Am I chasing my tail or should it make it to the third lane?

#305 8 years ago
Quoted from Kb8yrw:

Upper diverter is working good. Trouble I have is the ball shooter has a hard time getting the ball past the first lane. I have adjusted the gate so the ball goes up the center of the "wall" ramp, installed a new spring, insert and tip. All that helped but it still just does not seem to be fast enough to get it there. Maybe it is normal, I don't have anything to compare it to except when I first got it before I changed the tip it seemed to shoot it right up there. The original tip split and fell off which is why I changed it. That led me to change the spring and insert and then another new tip. Is there different types of rubber tips that you can buy? The original looks like the new ones I tried but just does not seem to get it there. The original spring was red and the new one is also red. The rod is straight and does not bind. I gave it a little shot of lube but it made no difference. Am I chasing my tail or should it make it to the third lane?

Is the shooter is striking the ball right in the center of the ball?
Shooter can be adjusted by loosening the shooter housing ,or adjust the playfield brackets up or down.

#306 8 years ago

A little preview of what I'm working on this weekend!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#307 8 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

A little preview of what I'm working on this weekend!
image.jpeg

NICE! Excited to see that. I just got the spotlight kit from pinball bulbs to install in mine this weekend.

Quoted from pinwillie:

Is the shooter is striking the ball right in the center of the ball?
Shooter can be adjusted by loosening the shooter housing ,or adjust the playfield brackets up or down.

When you going to OFFICIALLY join this club Willie

#308 8 years ago
Quoted from Kb8yrw:

Yes, do what willie suggested. On the inside of the cabinet is three screws, loosen those (dont remove) and you can move the shooter rod all around as to where it will strike the ball. It may take quite a few tries to get it where you want it, on my Taxi it took dozens of tries to get it perfect.

also, check the shooter gauge where the ball rests, that is the little metal piece with the window that lets you see the spring tighten, make sure its not bent crazy out of whack.

#309 8 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

NICE! Excited to see that. I just got the spotlight kit from pinball bulbs to install in mine this weekend.

When you going to OFFICIALLY join this club Willie

SOON!!! REAL SOON
I have been lurking this thread for months ,I'm ready

#310 8 years ago

Comet LEDs installed along with Titan clear rings. Strong 80s feels going on. Flipper bats will be installed when ever the mail decides to deliver the rebuild kit.

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#311 8 years ago

The more I play this game the more I like it! I have an issue though that started right after I moved the machine to paint behind it. The playfield lights at the top and inside the bumpers are out. Fuse F2 was blown and replaced. The lights stayed on and were switching on and off in attract mode until I hit the start button then the fuse popped again. I replaced it and it did the same thing. I opened it up and checked the harness going to the coin door and start button but did not find anything shorted. I put it back together and replaced the fuse now it blows as soon as I power up the game. So evidently I am in the right area but it is elluding me for the moment. Anyone seen this before?

#313 8 years ago

Nice! Printing some out for mine this week!

#314 8 years ago

Awesome! Great looking cards!

#315 8 years ago

Nice! Printing some out for mine this week!

PM me for download as the posted pic is low resolution

#316 8 years ago

Just picked up this bit of awesome to go with my Rollergames. I didn't even know Konami made a Rollergames arcade until I saw it for sale. It is pretty fun, but I'm not sure it's a keeper if I ever sell my Rollergames pin.

Now I just need to find a Street Fighter to sit next to my SF2 pin

rollergames2_(resized).jpgrollergames2_(resized).jpg

Rollergames1_(resized).jpgRollergames1_(resized).jpg

#318 8 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

I didn't even know Konami made a Rollergames arcade until I saw it for sale.

For anyone interested, the NES Rollergames game is not a straight port of this arcade. It's a completely different game. While the arcade is a side-scroller on a derby track, the NES version is more of a Double Dragon beat-em-up clone. Both are good for a laugh...with a knowledge of the Rollergames franchise.

rollerGamesNes_(resized).jpgrollerGamesNes_(resized).jpg

#319 8 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

Just picked up this bit of awesome to go with my Rollergames.

What an odd choice for whoever converted it, that's a Super Pac-Man cabinet.

#320 8 years ago

Just joined the club after a nine hour drive. Loving that SR flow and still missing my BK. The game is filthy and needs a good shop job.
It's missing some pieces, I've tracked down a few but could really use some help with a right sling shot plastic. Just pm me if you have an extra you could part with.

Thanks

#321 8 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Good eyes. The guy I bought it from is a (mostly) retired operator. He told me it was converted to Rollergames. While that seems insane now, I think it was pretty common practice to get the most play out of a box. There used to be a lot of Pac-Man machines. Someone thought this would make more in quarters.

There isn't a lot of info online about this machine. I would like to find a picture of the artwork on the sides. Mine is just painted black.

#322 8 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

Good eyes. The guy I bought it from is a (mostly) retired operator. He told me it was converted to Rollergames. While that seems insane now, I think it was pretty common practice to get the most play out of a box. There used to be a lot of Pac-Man machines. Someone thought this would make more in quarters.
There isn't a lot of info online about this machine. I would like to find a picture of the artwork on the sides. Mine is just painted black.

here you go.
http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9360

#323 8 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

The rollergames arcade game was only sold as a conversion kit - no dedicated units.

I have most if not all of a NOS kit here, thought I might like to build one someday.

#324 8 years ago

Unfortunately, there are no side art pictures.

#325 8 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

The Rollergames arcade game was only sold as a conversion kit - no dedicated units.
I have most if not all of a NOS kit here, thought I might like to build one someday.

Good to know! The collective knowledge on this site is pretty impressive

Did they distribute any side art with the kit, or are they just painted black?

#326 8 years ago

I have a set of NOS side art somewhere around here

#327 8 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

I have a set of NOS side art somewhere around here

If that wasn't an offer to sell them, pics or scans are greatly appreciated

#328 8 years ago

Not for sale.. I just have to figure out where I put them.

#329 8 years ago

I am happy to say I am now a member. Been looking for a RG for about 2 years. Had been holding out for one with a DP playfield. Finally bought this one the other day. It was within driving distance and priced right. Needs a little loving but is DP and appears to be earliest model. Looks like it's going to clean up to be a real nice one.

20160101_152123_(resized).jpg20160101_152123_(resized).jpg

20160101_152220_(resized).jpg20160101_152220_(resized).jpg

#330 8 years ago

Nice!! And you even have the ball lock cover!

#331 8 years ago

is there a skill shot in roller games?

#332 8 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Nice!! And you even have the ball lock cover!

Is it uncommon to have the ball lock cover? Or just on the DP ones?

#333 8 years ago

Looks like that's going to clean up real nice

#334 8 years ago
Quoted from aveamike:

is there a skill shot in roller games?

No

Quoted from frunch:

Is it uncommon to have the ball lock cover? Or just on the DP ones?

They broke easily and are commonly missing

#335 8 years ago

They broke easily and are commonly missing

Good to know! Guess i got lucky that mine's intact!

#336 8 years ago

Tokkentakker, is that a sega turbo cockpit next to rollergames? I have one and its by far my favorite video game!

#337 8 years ago

Yes it is. Haven't had time to get it working. Needs a cap kit on monitor. Looks like fun game.

#338 8 years ago

It is, the speakers are insane in it with the subwoofer behind the seat! Mine still has quirks but plays pretty good

1 week later
#339 8 years ago

Would someone be able to get me some pictures of the rubber rings/sleeves in the following locations circled in red. I'm trying to sort though my machine and the manual isn't really that helpful.

Also, anyone know where to get a replacement magnet pole? (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rollergames-magnet)

Thanks!

ring_locations_(resized).pngring_locations_(resized).png

#340 8 years ago

Anyone have a spare plastic that goes above the lock drop targets? Mine is worse than this one I pulled from ipdb.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#341 8 years ago

Try Jeff at classic arcade he just sold two on eBay NOS.

#342 8 years ago

Thanks. Just sent him an eBay message.

#343 8 years ago

Jeff got back right away. He had 2 left. Now has one. Thanks again for the lead, Razor!

#344 8 years ago

That's awesome that you found one, I suggest making a poly carbonate/Lexan protector for it as this plastic is hard to come bye.
Keep on rocking!

#345 8 years ago

I've been having a lot of air balls going up the ramp ever since I rebuilt the flippers. Is there supposed to be a clear cover at the top of the wall ramp or anything?

#346 8 years ago
Quoted from Razor:

Try Jeff at classic arcade he just sold two on eBay NOS.

Thanks for the info Razor ...i got his last one

#347 8 years ago

Your welcome man.

#348 8 years ago

I have this piece on mine. Let me know if you need any more pics or a trace of the plastic.

unnamed-8_(resized).jpgunnamed-8_(resized).jpg

#349 8 years ago

I figured there had to be something. I think I have some plexi laying around I can make something. Thank you for the help!!

#350 8 years ago

There is another bit in the back as well. I am out of town for the weekend, but will snap a pic of the other piece when I get back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rock-rock-rockin-rollergames-club/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.