IMG_9892 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9890 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9891 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9888 (resized).jpeg
592e8d0566c7328973f283eb9c90377d229015a6-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_9345 (resized).JPG
20240220_180156 (resized).jpg
There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 28.
#1101 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Williams games let you select anywhere from one through nine balls.

I figure the new games have so many ball saves, it’s notably more forgiving than RG. Gonna try four-ballin it.

#1102 2 years ago
Quoted from copyboy311:

I figure the new games have so many ball saves, it’s notably more forgiving than RG. Gonna try four-ballin it.

You can also change your locked balls setting too. I have mine set so it keeps the balls locked between games. This way if I have a good game I usually get multiball in one game, but if not, at least the locked balls are carried over making it more likely I will get multiball in the next game. I like this setting, but keeping it at 3 balls per game.

#1103 2 years ago

Anybody have any tricks for getting the diverter arm assembly apart? I need to realign the 1st diverter arm, it doesn't come out far enough causing the ball to hit the corner and reject. The 2nd diverter arm is aligned correctly and works 100%.

#1104 2 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Anybody have any tricks for getting the diverter arm assembly apart? I need to realign the 1st diverter arm, it doesn't come out far enough causing the ball to hit the corner and reject. The 2nd diverter arm is aligned correctly and works 100%.

This service bulletin may help, if you don’t already have it: https://www.ipdb.org/files/2006/SS64.pdf

#1105 2 years ago

Hopefully picking up a Rollergames next weekend. Job number one will be getting that ramp redone and also doing the cover on the right side. If you would like to be notified when the ramps are ready to ship, sign up for a stock notification here: https://rampomatic.com/products/williams-rollergames-main-ramp?_pos=1&_sid=3e7d0e8db&_ss=r&variant=41066752770231

Pricing TBD

#1106 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Hopefully picking up a Rollergames next weekend. Job number one will be getting that ramp redone and also doing the cover on the right side. If you would like to be notified when the ramps are ready to ship, sign up for a stock notification here: https://rampomatic.com/products/williams-rollergames-main-ramp?_pos=1&_sid=3e7d0e8db&_ss=r&variant=41066752770231
Pricing TBD

Count me in on the right side cover!

#1107 2 years ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

This service bulletin may help, if you don’t already have it: https://www.ipdb.org/files/2006/SS64.pdf

I have the correct coil stop, incorrectly coil, but the diverter physically does not go far enough. Have a new drive link I can try. But even with the E clip removed the shaft doesn't budge. Don't see any set screws.

Seems like there should be a way to align these?

#1108 2 years ago

Count me in on the right side cover!

Same here!

#1109 2 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

I ran into a similar issue and it turned out that a wire got caught under the first arm, which prevented it from extending out all the way.

#1110 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Pricing TBD

Will be great to see these!

With mine, the right side cover gets so beat up because the plunger doesn't line up properly with the ball, and causes it to jump noticeably. I'd love to have a lane cover that goes back all the way to the shooter rod to be honest.

#1111 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Pricing TBD

Signed up. To be clear, are you going to be doing the plastic wall ramp?

#1112 2 years ago

Hi all, The display recently stopped working completely and I thought I would start with replacing the ribbon first, before changing out the display to an LED. Wondering if anyone knows the part number for the ribbon. Marco has two, a 20 pin 9", and a 26 pin 27". Or maybe it's not either of those?

Anyone else experienced this (Williams 11C), and if so, what was the fix?

Thanks in advance!

#1113 2 years ago
Quoted from apk8488:

Hi all, The display recently stopped working completely and I thought I would start with replacing the ribbon first, before changing out the display to an LED. Wondering if anyone knows the part number for the ribbon. Marco has two, a 20 pin 9", and a 26 pin 27". Or maybe it's not either of those?
Anyone else experienced this (Williams 11C), and if so, what was the fix?
Thanks in advance!

Manual lists a 20 and a 26, depends which you want to replace. Pg 70: https://www.ipdb.org/files/2006/Williams_1990_Rollergames_Manual.pdf

#1114 2 years ago

Thanks! I guess I'll just do both, as they're not that expensive. If it doesn't work, I guess I'll get the LED replacement.

#1115 2 years ago
Quoted from apk8488:

The display recently stopped working completely and I thought I would start with replacing the ribbon first, before changing out the display to an LED.

Have you considered checking the high voltage on the power supply board? Check the fuses first then check the voltage output. It is often cheaper to repair the board than replace the display.

#1116 2 years ago

Manual lists a 20 and a 26, depends which you want to replace. Pg 70: https://www.ipdb.org/files/2006/Williams_1990_Rollergames_Manual.pdf

The display ribbon cable uses the 26-pin. The audio ribbon cable uses the 20-pin.

#1117 2 years ago

Has anyone installed a white Xpin display in their RG? If so, do you have a photo of it? Thanks.

#1118 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Signed up. To be clear, are you going to be doing the plastic wall ramp?

Yes, I am going to try to make the cover.
Would there be objections if I replaced the flimsy formed plastic mounting points with stainless steel pieces riveted on? The top one would be a Z shape, the bottom would attach to the inside and be mostly covered by the decal. I will not be reproducing the decals due to licensing issues, but maybe the license holder will be interested in offering them.

For those of you who know this game...there are around 85 holes in this ramp, give or take a couple. Its pretty ridiculous.

Pics are of my original pieces for reference.

20220206_163326 (resized).jpg20220206_163326 (resized).jpg20220207_043014 (resized).jpg20220207_043014 (resized).jpg20220207_043022 (resized).jpg20220207_043022 (resized).jpg
#1119 2 years ago

I believe the decals are already available somewhere, are they not?

I'd highly prefer a nicely done steel extension piece in place of just breaking another one built like the original.
If the ball gets a little bit of a hop from the shooter rod, it hits that cover quite hard.

-Hans

#1120 2 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

I believe the decals are already available somewhere, are they not?

Just for the inserts.

#1121 2 years ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

Just for the inserts.

Ahhh, that's why it's hard to fine. It's Pinball Center doing the ramp decals..... so no US customers unfortunately.

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/rollergames/10148/decal-set-for-rollergames?c=0

#1122 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Yes, I am going to try to make the cover.
Would there be objections if I replaced the flimsy formed plastic mounting points with stainless steel pieces riveted on? The top one would be a Z shape, the bottom would attach to the inside and be mostly covered by the decal. I

Thank you! and agree with the additional stainless mounting points to better support.

The challenge as others have noted is finding a resource in US to reproduce decals for them.

#1123 2 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Ahhh, that's why it's hard to fine. It's Pinball Center doing the ramp decals..... so no US customers unfortunately.
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/rollergames/10148/decal-set-for-rollergames?c=0

Just a heads up, the quality from pinball center is often very bad. very. bad.

#1124 2 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Just a heads up, the quality from pinball center is often very bad. very. bad.

Good to know. I bought some LED's from them about 10 years ago, which I had no problems with. But since then, you can't buy from Pinball Center any longer if you live in the USA.

If there's a ramp though, I'm sure somebody will pick up the label side of the equation.

-Hans

#1125 2 years ago

Has anybody ever tried to remove them with freeze spray and re-attach with the 3m stuff?

#1126 2 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Has anybody ever tried to remove them with freeze spray and re-attach with the 3m stuff?

My machine was in bad shape from poor storage location...YMMV. But I just tried to remove the top side vinyl ramp decals, and mine cracked into pieces when I tried to remove them. The bottom side ones came off quite easily.

#1127 2 years ago

The top of my magnet pole piece is deformed and needs to be ground flat. Will a Dremel with sanding wheels be sufficient for the job?

#1128 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

The top of my magnet pole piece is deformed and needs to be ground flat. Will a Dremel with sanding wheels be sufficient for the job?

How badly deformed is it? The magnet's core/pole is adjustable.

#1129 2 years ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

How badly deformed is it? The magnet's core/pole is adjustable.

Deformed enough that if I adjust it to the recommended 1/32" height above the playfield then part of it is almost flush:

IMG_1388 (resized).jpgIMG_1388 (resized).jpg

#1130 2 years ago

Anyone have a good hi res picture/scan/drawing of the side art? Would like to print my own.

#1131 2 years ago

Sneak preview...the cover will have stainless brackets riveted on since the original formed ones all break quickly. 85 holes on the main ramp...71 of them are CNC cut...thats a first for me

20220226_140917 (resized).jpg20220226_140917 (resized).jpg
#1132 2 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

Fuses.
Manual states there's a fuse on the Triac Assembly Board, and a fuse on the Input "high voltage" Power Line/Cabinet Box.
I can't find either of these, I don't know what Triac Assy board means.
Thanks for help!

Wanted to know if anyone figured this out? I found a website that shows a picture of a 'Triac Assembly Board' in a Whirlwind.
According to https://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-pinball/W/Whirlwind_OPS.pdf the C-13088 is for driving the fan topper on top of the cabinet. Was a similar functionality planned for Rollergames, then dropped? Anyone come across this board inside their cabinet? Maybe a prototype cab?

The attached picture (with boards side by side) depicts: 'old' style [left]; 'new' style [right]

http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/index.html?http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/sy11tb1.html

SY11-TB1
System 11 Triac Board

OEM P/N #
A-13088 <-(WPC System (Fliptronic) Creature From the Black Lagoon, Hot Shots, Basketball & The Getaway HSII)
C-13088 <-(Whirlwind, Rollergames claims it uses one of these)

PCB #
5768-12520-00
sy11tb1_02a (resized).jpgsy11tb1_02a (resized).jpgsy11tb1_03a (resized).jpgsy11tb1_03a (resized).jpg

#1133 2 years ago
Quoted from Ghostly:

Wanted to know if anyone figured this out? I found a website that shows a picture of a 'Triac Assembly Board' in a Whirlwind.
According to https://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-pinball/W/Whirlwind_OPS.pdf the C-13088 is for driving the fan topper on top of the cabinet. Was a similar functionality planned for Rollergames, then dropped? Anyone come across this board inside their cabinet? Maybe a prototype cab?

I think they are referring to the high current board (it looks similar to Triac) for Rollergames, which is for the deep freeze magnet. There is no fuse on the board itself, but there is a fuse clip mounted near it underneath the playfield. It's buried behind a bunch of wires, so it's very easy to overlook.

#1134 2 years ago

Anyone know of a source for the five "S K A T E" standup target decals?

#1135 2 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Anyone know of a source for the five "S K A T E" standup target decals?

You mean the inserts? Targets don't have decals.

#1136 2 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

You mean the inserts? Targets don't have decals.

I think someone made some up years ago when the mod makers all jumped on making stickers to go on standups (most of which fall off or get damaged if you actually play your games.) - I know someone made some drop stickers themselves which were just the rollerskate itself.

Time to get creative maybe. Print on thin sticker stock and cover with mylar, all with a hole punched in the center so the rivet can stick through.

I looked through the photo gallery in this thread thinking I saw it there but it must have been somewhere else.

#1137 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

I think someone made some up years ago when the mod makers all jumped on making stickers to go on standups (most of which fall off or get damaged if you actually play your games.) - I know someone made some drop stickers themselves which were just the rollerskate itself.
Time to get creative maybe. Print on thin sticker stock and cover with mylar, all with a hole punched in the center so the rivet can stick through.
I looked through the photo gallery in this thread thinking I saw it there but it must have been somewhere else.

i looked thru the thread and could not find any decal images for the skate standup targets. They must have been available at some point as the last photo of post #975 by ElectricLou shows them on his game. If i can find a decent image, i can fiddle with them to make stickers i usually make them with Planet label paper and cover with mylar or laminate film. They seem to hold up pretty well in home use.

#1138 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Sneak preview...the cover will have stainless brackets riveted on since the original formed ones all break quickly. 85 holes on the main ramp...71 of them are CNC cut...thats a first for me
[quoted image]

Looks fantastic!!!

#1139 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

[quoted image]

Ramp cover order placed today, thanks for making these JodyG !

#1140 2 years ago

Ramp cover order placed today, thanks for making these JodyG !

Thank you! Here is what the ramp cover hardware looks like. You can buy just the hardware, or a new cover with hardware pre-installed.

20220310_152953 (resized).jpg20220310_152953 (resized).jpg20220310_174259 (resized).jpg20220310_174259 (resized).jpg20220312_165047 (resized).jpg20220312_165047 (resized).jpg
#1141 2 years ago

Does anyone have a set of ramp stickers for sale?

Similar to the set sold on pinball.center, but without the ball-lock plastic sticker & shooter lane sticker
https://www.pinball.center/de/shop/flipperspezifisch/rollergames/10148/decal-set-fuer-rollergames?c=0

Was looking to populate the Rollergames Main Ramp R-13510 reproduction plastic made by JodyG

#1142 2 years ago

Wow, that looks spectacular. And complicated!

Quoted from Ghostly:

Does anyone have a set of ramp stickers for sale?
Similar to the set sold on pinball.center, but without the ball-lock plastic sticker & shooter lane sticker
https://www.pinball.center/de/shop/flipperspezifisch/rollergames/10148/decal-set-fuer-rollergames?c=0
Was looking to populate the Rollergames Main Ramp R-13510 reproduction plastic made by JodyG

Ditto.

4 weeks later
#1143 2 years ago

Has anybody prototype game and can take picture about the correct back box flasher wirings?

#1144 2 years ago

The filth before and the beauty after disassembly and cleaning, but uh, we have a problem:

IMG_1601 (resized).jpegIMG_1601 (resized).jpeg

IMG_1618 (resized).jpegIMG_1618 (resized).jpeg

Oh well, I wanted to redo those solder points on the light socket leads anyway.

#1145 2 years ago
Quoted from onlydjz:

Has anybody prototype game and can take picture about the correct back box flasher wirings?

IMG_1654 (resized).jpegIMG_1654 (resized).jpeg

IMG_1655 (resized).jpegIMG_1655 (resized).jpeg

#1146 2 years ago

you rock !

1 week later
#1147 1 year ago

Hi. I am helping a friend with his Rollergames I looking for information on how long the magnet should hold the ball.

I hear "don't Flip....Flip" and then a couple of seconds later, the magnet releases.

Questions
1. Is that normal, or should it release when we hear "Flip"
2. Is there an adjustment to have it release sooner?

#1148 1 year ago
Quoted from ArgosySK:

Hi. I am helping a friend with his Rollergames I looking for information on how long the magnet should hold the ball.
I hear "don't Flip....Flip" and then a couple of seconds later, the magnet releases.
Questions

Normal. Gives you a couple of ticks to hit the flipper. Contrary to many beliefs system 11 is not a real time system. It's a close enough system so there's some leeway in all things that depend on timing.

#1149 1 year ago

Regarding the VUK - Is there a spring directly below the ball holder that helps hold it up off of the switch until a ball weights it down, or does the fork of the switch provide the only support? The assembly diagram doesn't show a spring in this position. I took mine apart, cleaned it, and reassembled but it doesn't spring up like I would expect. I admit that I didn't thoroughly inspect and test it before disassembling.

#1150 1 year ago
Quoted from ArgosySK:

Questions

What you describe is correct function, magnet catches and holds the ball, if you don’t flip it releases it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rock-rock-rockin-rollergames-club/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.